Baku and Genn are very bad for this game.

Play Mode Discussion
I remember when I got downvoted alot for saying Baku and Genn are horrible design limiting cards. These nerfs prove that. Equality couldn’t be nerfed to 3 Mana because of Baku. Cold Blood is not Rogue’s problem; It’s their hero power being upgraded at the beginning of the game to 2 mana deal 4 damage. Baku and Genn might just have to be rotated out early to open up design options again.
I can easily admit I was very wrong on Genn outside of Warlock and wrong on how good Baku would be.

I think the push for this might be right tbh and I was certainly wrong when the cards were revealed.
They will never remove or heavy nerf a card(s) so desired and essential in a large majority of top tier decks. With nothing really worthwhile at all from the latest expac people are still buying Witchwood and Boom packs over the current expansion.
they're going to be even worse when rotation happens and the value of the hero power escalates. i bet upwards of 90% of all ladder decks will be odd or even
Mark my words: no matter what expansion were are in, as long as Baku and Genn are in standard they will be the top tier decks.

The attempt to indirectly nerfing them by nerfing other cards will not work.

There will always be another even or odd card to take its place.
Meanwhile, every opponent of mine is hunter or priest. In all seriousness, I see less than 10% Genn or Baku decks from my opponents.
02/02/2019 10:02 AMPosted by VictoriousDN
Meanwhile, every opponent of mine is hunter or priest. In all seriousness, I see less than 10% Genn or Baku decks from my opponents.

Really? They make up about 35% of my pool.
02/02/2019 10:02 AMPosted by VictoriousDN

i dont really care some deck was going to be on top no matter what

it isnt the first time people build decks around a legendary

which odd cards people were planning to combo equality with if it was at 3 mana ?
02/02/2019 11:28 AMPosted by Boreas
which odd cards people were planning to combo equality with if it was at 3 mana ?

Equality works just fine with just 'the dudes' you are making. Back prior to Baku in Wild most Silver Hand decks ran Equality without Pyromancer and either 1x or 0x Consecration because the card is powerful if you can generate a consistent stream of small guys.
To be competitive right now, you have to abuse certain cards:

Baku
Genn
Cube
Keleseth
Multiple board clears with an unstoppable win condition

Everything else cannot compete. Some of these rotate but we are stuck with odd/even decks for a long time. Baku and Genn are strong because you don't even have to draw or play them.
https://imgur.com/a/nnmW7CN

6 of 8 Tier 1 decks are Odd Even
Only another year if them.
Just like Jade, Barnes, Pirate, Obsidian Statue, DKs...

Going to be OMG go away already.
02/02/2019 12:33 PMPosted by Immortal
To be competitive right now, you have to abuse certain cards:

Baku
Genn
Cube
Keleseth
Multiple board clears with an unstoppable win condition

Everything else cannot compete. Some of these rotate but we are stuck with odd/even decks for a long time. Baku and Genn are strong because you don't even have to draw or play them.

I really like the way you put that, especially the first sentence. That's why I don't play those cards/decks, because it just feels like taking advantage of a design flaw.
FWIW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYLzeZUaO2g

Peter Whalen discusses how Genn and Baku are on the radar of being an issue.

Apparently he also reads the forums from time to time!

Sorry for the salt in the past Peter :)
Nah.

People just not understand that cards like genn and baku are necessary despite of having their "bad side".

Cards with such impact make standard feel new each year because they go here and say:

"Hey look. I'm a new way to play the game! "

And you can't reach at something like that with cards that aren't powerfull enough to shape things around they.

The thing i'm not like about genn and baku is that when team 5 decided to go this way they closed a ton of design space due to what i'm call " pact with devil design".

That is offer something that should not exist by a really big cost .

Not that this style of design isn't cool but they are into it since reno jackson in LoE and is turning into a boring thing.

What about create cards with interesting effects that make people to reevaluate cards instead of make people do it by forcing they to?
Yes, you could argue that the game started going downhill ever since they were released and it was a big mistake from Blizzard releasing them in the first expansion of the year instead of the last.

2 years with Odd/Even decks is too much especially since they are so damn consistent and all the games feel very similar.