Can only suffer a few games

Play Mode Discussion
Am I the only one who can play only a few matches per day? Like, I'll want to grind for hours, but I get tired after 3 games. Either the game is too stressful, or I'm too bad, or maybe there's some other reason, but I can only manage to do a few games per day.
Find another game and come back when it's fun again.

It's a game, not a job.
02/14/2019 12:14 PMPosted by t0rn
Am I the only one who can play only a few matches per day? Like, I'll want to grind for hours, but I get tired after 3 games. Either the game is too stressful, or I'm too bad, or maybe there's some other reason, but I can only manage to do a few games per day.

No. The game is absolute trash. Just logged on. First game, hunter. He throws down that 1/1 rush so i respond with a 1/2. He then throws down the 2/2 that gets bigger as a beast die. Next turn, throws down 3 of those 1/1s and i'm staring at a 10/5 on turn 3.

Game is beyond trash and the people who defend this trash meta are the largest problem.
HS is paper rock scissors. If you are playing rock, concede when you see paper. Then you just play against scissors and other rocks. For me as Control Warlock, that's Priest. This deck can not beat that deck. So I just auto concede Priest last 2 months or so. Game is now 100% fun with no tilt.
02/14/2019 12:30 PMPosted by MoarRNGplz

No. The game is absolute trash. Just logged on. First game, hunter. He throws down that 1/1 rush so i respond with a 1/2. He then throws down the 2/2 that gets bigger as a beast die. Next turn, throws down 3 of those 1/1s and i'm staring at a 10/5 on turn 3.

Game is beyond trash and the people who defend this trash meta are the largest problem.

What was the 1/2 you threw down on turn one? Was it worth it knowing he could play hyena on two?

Also, what did you do on turn 2-4? He played minions. What was your plan? You seem very focused on what he played; I see very little regarding what you did about it.
If you are feeling that games make you suffer it may be break time my man. I get like that sometimes but I am enjoying things at present as I am doing well with Priest and Rogue decks the like of which I don't see anyone else using and I keep on winning which I guess is a large part of it. For me the combo of winning and not using some Baku/Genn dross is a large part of what keeps me playing.

Hopefully things will be better for you come rotation time.

You are spot on, I just gave up on std ladder because competing is just a bad experience, better to chill, get your daily quests and rotate between decks.
You can be creative and play 100% spot on and the game would still be pointless (too many decks that can't be countered unless you play something very specific).

Turn 9 gallery is an auto concede, wall priest (for me) is an auto concede, early game egg on deathrattle hunter is an auto concede etc. etc.
Why waste any time on games you know you can't win due to bad design?
No more board racing, no way to counter, just watch as your opponent prepares a 48/48 minion (since someone decided introducing a 2/14 minion with divine shield is a smart), or revives his minions and deals 40 damage to face using 2 spells, or see how one 0/3 egg becomes 3 or 4 5/5 minions by turn 6 (while you struggle to kill off 1 and get punished to face, since even one 5/5 by turn 4 is much).

I just do the dailys and that's it.

Actually doing the daily on a third account and I might not play after this match.

Why?
Rank 32
Level 15 mage working on 20 to do tavern brawls.

Opponent Rogue
Starts with Double Armani Beserkers.
Gets both Cold Bloods in the first 8 cards of the deck.
Gets Razorpetals out and yep - the fast and the furious top decking again. Might of had a slight chance to survive but after all the top decking magic running low on cards get a draw cards, play fire elementals and drop 4 1 cost minions. Nope that good old RNG perfectness.

Do I want to grind to level 20?

Not feeling it. Boring same old same old same old....

I upvoted all the downvoted cause you know, biased forums.
even with epic fast wins, yea I can only do 3 games or less
and then right after that was vs a Paladin and you can see the Ai RNG delving out cards with intent like it always has...

turn 1 - 3 the usual - the meek cards mix it up.
next drop chill win yeti
next turn drop Senjin Shield Masta cast +3 strength in yeti
polymorh yeti
next turn Cast Blessing of the Kings on Senjin Shield Masta

Ah man. The same cards over and over and over again (since 2014 or whenever the game was created) on the same turns doing the same sequence thing - no skill required just throw down the cards handed to you you don't have to think here ya go....
i just play whatever i like at the time

if i get bored of trying to climb i just play wild or casual with any gimmick deck i can think

like evolve shaman

i just pulled dollmaster and im having fun using it on a druid deck with psymelon giant anaconda lich king gruul and ysera

is really fun for me

right now im trying a shaman deck with haunting visions and the spirit card
https://imgur.com/a/TxTObvo

Did a lot of fun things this late afternoon after I did my daily.

Figure, meh, login and try an older hunter deck.

Opponent? Druid

They pass and hero power until turn 3 then

Ferocious Howl. Yep
The next turn Branching Paths. Yep
Then next turn Ferocious Howl. Yep

You know what? So bored and and tired with an AI just just runs the same program over and over and over and over again.

Going to go play something else..
I think a lot of it is the current meta. There is a ton of aggro and tempo decks, which put you on a short, stressful timer. A majority of decks are also running silence, transform, or bounce which are all very frustrating to play against. On the other end of the spectrum are OTK decks which will stall you out until they can kill you instantly. There really is no room in the middle ground for a deck to perform well against aggro and OTK(without being one itself).

As much as I love some of my decks, they get torn to shreds by a tempo deck hitting its draw or a silence.
02/14/2019 05:48 PMPosted by Slimjim
https://imgur.com/a/TxTObvo

Did a lot of fun things this late afternoon after I did my daily.

Figure, meh, login and try an older hunter deck.

Opponent? Druid

They pass and hero power until turn 3 then

Ferocious Howl. Yep
The next turn Branching Paths. Yep
Then next turn Ferocious Howl. Yep

You know what? So bored and and tired with an AI just just runs the same program over and over and over and over again.

Going to go play something else..

Is slimjim another Nimabi alt? These play by plays of individual games are his calling card.
After coming back I haven't been able to play as much as before on casual or standard mode. I highly prefer Arena after seeing what is played on ranked. One thing contributing to this is fact that I cant make that many competitive enough decks to environment where most people run highly competitive decks. I can play odd paladin myself, but after two or three games it just feels old.

If you want to play more try arena. I highly prefer it over basic modes. Maybe if I stick around till rotation it will be a different experience.
I normally login, play the first game, encounter bs and I will just close the game ALT+F4.

I can stand losing when it is clearly my fault, but this game is like 90% rng and it drives me mad everytime.
Yep -pretty much UNplaayable right now. As soon as you see the following decks its easier just to concede immediately:

- Any priest since they are all "Kill you from hand after removing everything for 12 straight turns"
- Hunters that start fast with some 10/8 Scavenging Hyena you cant remove
- Paladins that start out as obviously some OTK deck
- Paladins that Vomit minions and fill the board every single turn and you cant do anything about it.
- Any type of Mecathun variant(Warlock or Druid)
- Quest Mage
- Armor Warrior, another lovely unlimited removal deck. Great.

Did I miss any? The problem is that the above decks represent like 90% of the ladder at any given level so its basically concede-stone at this stage.

I dont even care, really. This game stopped being fun a while ago. Wheit got away from minions battling for the board and became gimmick-stone with OTK decks the fun disappeared competely. Maybe they'll get back to that but I doubt it.
I goof off with my friends and am doing the Commoners Cup tourney for the first time. For me, I find other fun stuff to do that doesn't involve ladder. Its the end of the HS year. Everyone's bored.
These days, one of a few things happens:

1) I log in, play a few games, get BMed by OTK and Wall Priest players and quit after a loss or two because I can't take the toxic mess than it this game/community

2) I log in, win a few games, remember that winning games is utterly pointless in this and I'm not having fun with the deck that's working anyway, stop playing

3) I log in, make a deck I think will be fun, it doesn't work on ladder, I lose interest, get BMed and stop playing

This game is straight awful now. Look at the twitch numbers, it speaks for itself. Look at how the big streamers are leaving in droves. And people will tell you "herpa derp, it's because they get burned out, herpa derp derp, that's totally expected."

Okay, you captains of industry who use this horrible argument. Why is LoL still so popular? It's been out longer than Hearthstone. Because they keep releasing new things that change the experience, address major balance issues, and KEEP THE EXPERIENCE FUN AND APPROACHABLE FOR NEW PLAYERS.

I feel like this is the simplest stuff in the world, and yet someone the HS team just DOES NOT GET IT.
I've answered a thread like this before because it happens to me.
I'll be heading home after work, thinking about how I can play for a couple hours and just gain some ranking. But when I get home and look at my computer, I realize I don't have it in me to deal with the game. Be it stress, time, or split attention.

What I've noticed is a lot of it comes down to the deck I'm playing. I enjoy playing decks that I've come up with, but it requires a LOT of focus since I've added so many different conditions and possibilities. This could get stressful when you're adding up what could happen, waiting for certain cards, hoping an opponent doesn't play certain cards, etc.
I can't split my attention between things like movies and hearthstone because my win rate plummets when I make a simple mistake.

The solution is playing a simple deck that takes almost no thought because there's only 1 way to play it. Like a zoo warlock deck, or even warlock, or odd paladin. In two of those you're just regurgitating minions and attacking. There's a bit of thought involved, but you can glance at the board and know what you'll play within 5 seconds.
If every game is a struggle, you're probably using the wrong deck.

That said, I still prefer my decks. I just don't play hearthstone as much. If you can get into the frame of mind that you're going to try a new deck and see how far you can get, it helps. If you're scared of playing because you don't want to lose the rank you've obtained from playing a different deck, you're stuck and need a change.

I feel like I just rambled on. I hope it helps.