Just wanted to say this week's brawl is funn!

Tavern Brawl Discussion
Funner than cross-country skiing in your own backyard, even!
Annnnd you're an idiot. Recycled brawl. Boring. Heroes OPed than others. Ohh and Activision's favorite thing in Hearthstone..... RNG HEAVY DECKS. So, yep. You're an idiot.
Pretty sure we haven't played this brawl before
02/17/2019 01:39 PMPosted by CrazyIntent
Annnnd you're an idiot. Recycled brawl. Boring. Heroes OPed than others. Ohh and Activision's favorite thing in Hearthstone..... RNG HEAVY DECKS. So, yep. You're an idiot.
let em have fun. Whats wrong with you
This brawl was fun. Sure it was RNG-heavy but it wasn't 100% RNG like the previous brawl and it wasn't bring-your-own-meta-deck like some other brawls. Everyone had access to the same OP heroes and the same OP decks and I thought it was tons of OP fun and exactly what brawls should be.
What exactly made this brawl RNG besides the card draw and what class you are matched against? These were pre-built decks and you got to choose which one you played with.
02/19/2019 04:48 AMPosted by Llyrrum
What exactly made this brawl RNG besides the card draw and what class you are matched against? These were pre-built decks and you got to choose which one you played with.

I agree on the "is this RNG" line of thinking. Sure there were a few cards; there always are. But the decks were very synergistic, and overall not that random. Speaking from having played all of them at least once, and been against all several times, I'd say they were fairly balanced. (Except maybe Warlock. I feel like that shrine bleeds life total too quickly.)
02/14/2019 10:59 PMPosted by Kadjai
Funner than cross-country skiing in your own backyard, even!

Well I logged in on a backup account and with my quests in cue I decided to try Warrior.

First let me say I enjoyed it before I go into my usual spell folks are accustomed to.

First Opponent: Priest
Oooh not the best opening hand but looking at the new totem powers - okay, now lets see if they still carry double health / inner fire spells. Nope or not that I could see. And in the end the might of the Dragons won.

Second Opponent Hunter: Not the greatest of opening hands again, getting plinked - some trading starts to occur midge and might of the Dragons wins game two.

Game 3: Aggro Druid with nice Buffy buff totem. Yep, hmm, opening hands not much 3/3 for slow starts. I am glad dead by the time I can get into the game. But 2x Witching hours bringing back 7/7s and a Mulch card - yep that will do it. I would give you a GG opponent but you spent the entire minute plus trying to figure out to play mulch (of your 3 cards in hand) to destroy the taunt and face me for 7 and then drop 2 more minions which youre up 28 health vs 3 and game next turn.

BUT - hey so far - have to say, much improved Brawl.
https://imgur.com/a/txiYJBf

Not sure if all Rogue games are this Cray Cray though. Still much improvement over last weeks.

Rogue started out smoking hot with Bloodmage and Backstab (of course) so unlimited backstabs with totem.

But it was the Academic Espionage and Ultimate infestation for 1 plus the yeah - just check out turn 8. Turn 4 was just watching Rogue cast 6+ spells
im upset to see this post, because I had such a different experience.

I started off by trying each hero, I faced pally 7/9 games and lost most of them.
this tavern brawl just doesnt seem fair or fun at all.
i understand its a tavern brawl, so rules are out the window and balance doesnt matter, but it should.
02/20/2019 12:04 PMPosted by t0xic4ngel
im upset to see this post, because I had such a different experience.

I started off by trying each hero, I faced pally 7/9 games and lost most of them.
this tavern brawl just doesnt seem fair or fun at all.
i understand its a tavern brawl, so rules are out the window and balance doesnt matter, but it should.

Yeah some matches still rather just cheesy

Out of 9 games the 2 worst were vs Rogue above and now a Warlock.
https://imgur.com/a/MUxGu32

Game was rather boring. Oh, discard and - yep, its a run away train. Even if they couldn't take out my totem at will, the +'s I would of received for the Druid totem wouldn't of been able to anything vs instant board with taunt kickers.

7 out of 9 games - no I didnt want them all, about 60%. More appositive experience than negative for once.

totally agree,
and after playing some more games, I've found if you just concede when you match vs a pally and play anyone else, it can be fun.
02/18/2019 10:34 AMPosted by Maelstrom
This brawl was fun. Sure it was RNG-heavy but it wasn't 100% RNG like the previous brawl and it wasn't bring-your-own-meta-deck like some other brawls. Everyone had access to the same OP heroes and the same OP decks and I thought it was tons of OP fun and exactly what brawls should be.

I absolutely agree. I never cared to play Tavern Brawl because I don't like all the meta-decks. Keep that in Ranked Play. I'm strictly casual. However, I have been loving this Brawl. I really love playing HP Jeklik. I hate locks!
02/18/2019 10:34 AMPosted by Maelstrom

I absolutely agree. I never cared to play Tavern Brawl because I don't like all the meta-decks. Keep that in Ranked Play. I'm strictly casual. However, I have been loving this Brawl. I really love playing HP Jeklik. I hate locks!
Three weeks of the same brawl, just a little different every week.
Just got the Win Three Tavern Brawls quest. Will definitely be refreshing that one tomorrow.
LOL, just had a Paladin mirror match. Turn one, I play a character that dealt damage to both of us. Turned into a tennis match of damage flying around, until we both died.