If Hearthstone used to be your main game but isn't anymore, what would get you back?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Bring back adventures

They were fun, and it was an easier way to amass all the cards of a set in an expansion without the horrible luck you'll get just opening packs. It feels a hell of a lot better spending $25 to get the whole adventure than 25 packs with 1 legendary if you're lucky. I've barely bothered with any of the single player experiences, the only reward being card back nobody cares about and a bunch of wasted time you don't even get gold for. Even with adventures, you had the heroic modes you could try for the card back, but just having the equivalent of the heroic mode is bland. It's boring to have the same type of expansion every time and the same experience, to blow all my gold when it comes out and then get the slow trickle of lousy pack after pack.
Main Game? I'm not sure Hearthstone is currently capable of holding on to it's spot as "game I play on the toilet" let alone my main game
Do away with the instawin/infinite value cards
Cut back - waaaayyy back on all of the insane board clears
no more OTK decks without some neutral disruptive interaction
No one wants a polarized ladder where you auto lose/auto win games based on matchup.
Get back to the roots of hearthstone. Board control.
Murloc Knight. God I miss that card.
I still watch some Hearthstone on YouTube now and then, but I haven't played a game almost a year now. I'd say there are three main things that drove me away from the game which others have already stated:

1.) Polarization of the meta due to increasing power level and gimmickyness of the cards. Constructed games simply aren't as fun or interesting as they used to be.

2.) Aggressive monetization model. It feels really bad to have to pay $75-100 every time you want to try out a new deck or two, especially when you are forced to because your cards were nerfed. Gotta think part of this blame goes to Activision.

3.) General fatigue. Can't do much about that.

In all honestly, though, even if these issues are fixed, I'm not sure if I'll ever become a serious Hearthstone player again. I've simply moved on to other games.
Interaction needs to return. Right now the games boil down to who can draw their infinite value card (like rexxar) or otk combo first.

Boards and minions no longer matter because they’re cleared 6 times a game, or just endlessly refilled. Genn and Baku were mistakes.

And speaking of mistakes, there is ZERO interaction from your team on your official forums, and then you fire the community manager? Think that’s going to foster any goodwill?
02/19/2019 12:40 AMPosted by Lykotic
To bring HS back as my main game what would it take...

Probably some interesting cards that reward planning multiple plays ahead of time. The last mechanic I thought that really rewarded that, outside of a gimmick, were elementals.

Honestly though it'd probably take both an improvement from HS and a trip-up from MtG for me at this point in time.
You have any opinion on Eternal vs Magic?
02/22/2019 01:19 PMPosted by Herodreamer
Do away with the instawin/infinite value cards
Cut back - waaaayyy back on all of the insane board clears
no more OTK decks without some neutral disruptive interaction
No one wants a polarized ladder where you auto lose/auto win games based on matchup.
Get back to the roots of hearthstone. Board control.

Couldn't have said it any better

The game world is not doing back to 2013 - Fortnite et. al and MTG.A are not going away plus your game is too expensive. Adapt/ Evolve.
It would be cool if the people who made this game read this post, let's start there.
For me, the game has become far too uninteractive. In standard the design philosofy is basicly to make cards that are fun only for the person playing them and insanely polarizing. In wild, the problems stack one by one. For example, a voidcaller summoning a mal’ganis on turn 4 is not my idea of a fun time.

And in both modes combo decks and hyper aggro decks are ruining my experience completely. And under hyperaggro i also put all hunter decks,
As a wild player, the game is unfortunately too far gone to save.
a less toxic community
Kingdomsccg was the best game out there and now its gone....sigh
i liked the theme of the game much more in the times of the early adventures it was exiting.. now its just meh and these new "adventures" doesnt have even a attractive cardback as a reward.

but that would not make hs a main game for me. i just play around 10 games per week. this game bores me fast because u dont have to think much just spam the stuff on the board and let the rng speak.
It would take a f2p arena mode ,with a built in tournament client that blizzard,players and 3rd party organizers regularly host events on.
Not eat almost 1/3 of my storage on my phone.
My main reason being that they refuse to touch the core set and promote non-interactivity by going further and further down the rabbit-hole that are OTKs.
1. Some new mode with actual rewards instead of skins. Adding rewards and entrance fee to dungeon runs/monster hunt would also work for me. I like the concept of dungeon runs, but the lack of rewards in a game where you collect cards and resources to get cards is a bummer for me. Why would I play it over Witcher 3 or some other great single player game?

2. Less polarisation and exciting decks to play - though the lack of excitement might actually be a problem on my side.

3. Make big minions viable. Imho, the fact that the only way to play something big is to cheat it out with Barnes, Lackey or Manari proves that there is a problem.
02/19/2019 02:58 AMPosted by Monlyth
1. Focus on quality of expansions over quantity. Blizzard has been rushing to meet the quota of 3 expansions a year, and I think it shows with the underwhelming reception of the latest expansions. A well-thought-out, balanced and meta-changing expansion clearly isn't possible with the strict timetable that Blizzard is currently on.

2. Get back to the roots of Hearthstone. Before there were OTKs, infinite-value cards, Baku/Genn and insanely powerful board clears everywhere, Hearthstone was a game about fighting for board control and battles between minions. I'm happiest when I can play a midrange/control deck that doesn't have to rely on any busted gimmicks to win. Just play cards, make trades, play removal and win if you played better.

This. This would make me return to the game.
Get

02/24/2019 07:12 AMPosted by Vukomanov
02/19/2019 02:58 AMPosted by Monlyth
1. Focus on quality of expansions over quantity. Blizzard has been rushing to meet the quota of 3 expansions a year, and I think it shows with the underwhelming reception of the latest expansions. A well-thought-out, balanced and meta-changing expansion clearly isn't possible with the strict timetable that Blizzard is currently on.

2. Get back to the roots of Hearthstone. Before there were OTKs, infinite-value cards, Baku/Genn and insanely powerful board clears everywhere, Hearthstone was a game about fighting for board control and battles between minions. I'm happiest when I can play a midrange/control deck that doesn't have to rely on any busted gimmicks to win. Just play cards, make trades, play removal and win if you played better.

This. This would make me return to the game.
Getting back to the roots of hearthstone is 100 percent spot on. Too bad they wont cuz they are incompetent...