This last Brawl 02/20/2019

Play Mode Discussion
Hello Hearthstone players, I know some you don't like me but, I can't close my mouth about the last Brawl. When AlvasViseron made his post* complaining about "Thekal".
I thought, it was the only "problem" in the Brawl. This type of problem showed by AlvasViseron I don't mind, it happened to me and it was funny in my experience, I liked it. Now, I found one big mistake in that Brawl, in my opinion, it is terrible and it could be a bad pressage:

The Priest Champion has the shrine, Bwonsamdi's Covenant and it says:

[Healing enemies damages them instead] but real effect isn't it.

The real shrine's effect is [Your heal effects over the enemies, damage them instead], and it is tricky to observe the difference, however, the card's text is wrong and it is a serious mistake.

I am only doing this post because, I, still, hope the Blizzard's excellence...

*https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20771117351
I’m afraid the distinction escapes me.
02/21/2019 07:31 AMPosted by Hdheggs
I’m afraid the distinction escapes me.

There's a weird thing about it, it double-dips from Velen and Clockwork Automaton. Your Hero Power with one of them will deal 8 damage while showing 4, and with both of them it will deal 32 damage instead of 8. But I can't say if that's it.
Can you explain what you see as being the difference?

Shrines only apply to the person who owns them, so I'm unsure as to why making the distinction of your heals actually matters.

My opponent's shrine is a (0/8) minion. And it is (0/6), it is damaged, then, I use my Shroom Brewer* to heal my opponent's shrine (0/6), the healing effect should be +2, then, my Shroom Brewer should only make 2 damage.

If my opponent's shrine was in (0/8) my Shroom Brewer* shouldn't make any damage, since, there isn't anything to be healed.

What is happening is that my heal effects are damage effects when they are being used in my enemies.

*Battlecry: Restore 4 Health.
02/21/2019 07:41 AMPosted by FizzyElf
Can you explain what you see as being the difference?

Shrines only apply to the person who owns them, so I'm unsure as to why making the distinction of your heals actually matters.

My opponent's shrine is a (0/8) minion. And it is (0/6), it is damaged, then, I use my Shroom Brewer* to heal my opponent's shrine (0/6), the healing effect should be +2, then, my Shroom Brewer should only make 2 damage.

If my opponent's shrine was in (0/8) my Shroom Brewer* shouldn't make any damage, since, there isn't anything to be healed.

What is happening is that my heal effects are damage effects when they are being used in my enemies.

*Battlecry: Restore 4 Health.
Shroom Brewer restores 4 health.

The effect of the shrine is "Healing enemies damages them instead".

Healing, when applied to your opponents from you, is damage. It's that simple. Shroom Brewer - when applied to your enemies - now reads "Battlecry: deal 4 damage." Damage doesn't need to check for room to heal because it is damage.

It's the same effect as Auchenei Soulpriest but focused solely on your opponent. By your logic, Auch + Circle of Healing never would've been a 4 dmg board clear, yet that's how it has always worked.

The effect is consistent with how it has always worked.
@Wardrum

The card Auchenei Soulpriest says:

[Your cards and powers that restore Health now deal damage instead.]

In the Priest's shrine it says:

[Healing enemies damages them instead], then, to make damage, you need to have something to heal before, I guess, they are different. The Auchenei Soulpriest, already, implies in its text an automatic converstion: Heal to Damage.
02/21/2019 07:56 AMPosted by FizzyElf
@Wardrum

[Healing enemies damages them instead], then, to make damage, you need to have something to heal before, I guess, they are different. The Auchenei Soulpriest, already, implies in its text an automatic converstion: Heal to Damage.
You're absolutely splitting hairs to reach that far with your interpretation.

Let's try a different approach.

You can overheal, it just caps when you hit the max health of something. If I use Regenerate (assuming the shrine) on a friendly target that's only 1 health away from max, the card itself doesn't become "restore 1 health", it just cannot heal beyond that minion's max health, so the amount that was healed is displayed (+1).

If I use regenerate on an enemy that is only 1 health from max, the effect is now converted to damage. It still says "restore 3 health" on the card, therefore the shrine will turn that into "deal 3 damage" when applied to an enemy. The card's text, and therefore its effect, are not retroactively changed prior to finishing the cast by the minion's amount of health.
02/21/2019 08:13 AMPosted by Wardrum
02/21/2019 07:56 AMPosted by FizzyElf
@Wardrum

Let's try a different approach.

You can overheal, it just caps when you hit the max health of something. If I use Regenerate (assuming the shrine) on a friendly target that's only 1 health away from max, the card itself doesn't become "restore 1 health", it just cannot heal beyond that minion's max health, so the amount that was healed is displayed (+1).

If I use regenerate on an enemy that is only 1 health from max, the effect is now converted to damage. It still says "restore 3 health" on the card, therefore the shrine will turn that into "deal 3 damage" when applied to an enemy. The card's text, and therefore its effect, are not retroactively changed prior to finishing the cast by the minion's amount of health.

[ Healing enemies damages them instead ], then, I use my Shroom Brewer to heal my enemy in 4 Health, but my enemy already is full Health, nothing was healed, then, nothing was damaged.

That is my point, this text Healing enemies damages them instead implies in a Healing Conditional it is going be a damage if it was a healing in normal cirscunstances.

The Auchenei Soulpriest's text, already, says heal is damage. I can "understand" in the game, it works in that way, but, I am adult and I know the kids who play Hearthstone are smart too. The old text pattern is perfect and should be adopted.

I did the post with the knowledge about Auchenei Soulpriest's combos. I gonna take a time and read all over again, but, I guess, my opinion will not be changed, anyway, thanks Wardrum for contest me.
@Wardrum ; @Who could be interested

" You're absolutely splitting hairs to reach that far with your interpretation. "

Well let's read the Bwonsamdi's Covenant, Auchenei Soulpriest and Auchenai Phantasm texts:

1 - [Healing enemies damages them instead]

2 - [Your cards and powers that restore Health now deal damage instead.]

3 - [Batlecry: This turn, your healing effects deal damage instead.]

Today, inside the game, all the three cards work in the same "pattern" (heals are damage). I gonna make three simple questions about them:

Your cards and powers that restore Healthyour healing effects ?

No.

your healing effectsHealing enemies ?

Yes.

Your cards and powers that restore HealthHealing enemies ?

Yes.

And that is my opinion, if you can't understand there is a difference, I don't know how to explain being more clear.

(゜レ゜)

I think English isn't his (or her) first language. I could see how the wording of the card could be misinterpreted that way, even though it seems obvious to me and most people.
02/22/2019 06:35 PMPosted by Maelstrom

I think English isn't his (or her) first language. I could see how the wording of the card could be misinterpreted that way, even though it seems obvious to me and most people.

Healing enemies doesn't mean that? The act to heal your enemies.

If it doesn't mean that answer, I could be wrong. There isn't to heal an enemy with 100% health.