OTK needs to stop.

Community Discussion
Honestly Blizzard. You say that you nerf things that suck the fun out of your games but the OTK that just stight up blind sides you needs to be looked at. Example is mage and their infinite fireball.

We need a card or something that destroys a current hand or redraw your hand with new cards or change their hand somehow. Almost every card game has this but your. Put it for all classes and put it in the basic set so that it does not go out of rotation.

Wont mind it be a legendary card because it should be harder to play / duplicate.
I am with you. It’s super annoying.
It's all just a massive play of rock paper scissors.
As soon as you build a deck that can counter OTK, you are battling non OTK players, and vice versa.

I've started to disregard the mechach'thun druid OTK because i always carry Marin fox with me just in that case.
Still having trouble with freeze mage tho. Sucks when your opponent only has board clears and freezes until he draws a win.
Paladin horsemen OTK is the worst tho. You just literally need 2 Youthful Brewmasters and the Zola the Gorgon for a win.
02/15/2019 09:29 AMPosted by DexGallas
As soon as you build a deck that can counter OTK, you are battling non OTK players, and vice versa.

I've started to disregard the mechach'thun druid OTK because i always carry Marin fox with me just in that case.
Still having trouble with freeze mage tho. Sucks when your opponent only has board clears and freezes until he draws a win.
Paladin horsemen OTK is the worst tho. You just literally need 2 Youthful Brewmasters and the Zola the Gorgon for a win.

but those arent the top tier decks right now

they arent event he most played ones
02/15/2019 12:40 PMPosted by Boreas
02/15/2019 09:29 AMPosted by DexGallas

That's true. Still the point stands that OTK is cancer.

It's like that Harry Potter Quiddich games: You can play, and you can score goals and you can be in the lead with 30-0 points but that won't matter if the opponent catches a golden snitch and you lost.
ALL your hard work and tactics gone to !@#$ because the opponent drew a screw you card.
Yes can we have Control meta back please?
02/15/2019 01:31 PMPosted by DexGallas
02/15/2019 12:40 PMPosted by Boreas

That's true. Still the point stands that OTK is cancer.

It's like that Harry Potter Quiddich games: You can play, and you can score goals and you can be in the lead with 30-0 points but that won't matter if the opponent catches a golden snitch and you lost.
ALL your hard work and tactics gone to !@#$ because the opponent drew a screw you card.

but it isnt
thats what most popular decks are called
I do think it sucks a lot of fun out the game when all your opponent does is stall for time and render you unable to do anything 'til they have all their pieces ready. We need more cards like Dirty Rat to pluck away important combo pieces before they get used. Warlock has Demonic Project, but otherwise nothing that can directly effect your opponent's current hand.
02/16/2019 05:50 AMPosted by Majoroyalty
I do think it sucks a lot of fun out the game when all your opponent does is stall for time and render you unable to do anything 'til they have all their pieces ready. We need more cards like Dirty Rat to pluck away important combo pieces before they get used. Warlock has Demonic Project, but otherwise nothing that can directly effect your opponent's current hand.

To me that was something in the right direction. A good deck can handle that kind of hit to the deck but otk cant. There is almost no counters to otk. But dirty rat was a crap shoot at times as well. Might get something that does not effect it all to much and they still have the otk. Thus why I say the hand changed.

Give us something like evolve both players hands. Spell turn to another spell and minion as followed. Heck even devolve the hand. Again a good deck can handle even that.
I find it funny. I completely agree because EVERY deck of OTK I've played, there's nothing you can do. There seems to be an endless way to control your minions and/or unless you're a mage with a Ice Block and you're lucky to get it off, you may be lucky to counter.

But what I've noticed is, it doesn't matter what you do, there happens to be a freeze at every turn. There needs to be something with "UNFREEZE". Thaw needs to be implemented. There seems to be almost a counter for everything, aside from freezing.
02/19/2019 06:27 AMPosted by Sedriss
I find it funny. I completely agree because EVERY deck of OTK I've played, there's nothing you can do. There seems to be an endless way to control your minions and/or unless you're a mage with a Ice Block and you're lucky to get it off, you may be lucky to counter.

But what I've noticed is, it doesn't matter what you do, there happens to be a freeze at every turn. There needs to be something with "UNFREEZE". Thaw needs to be implemented. There seems to be almost a counter for everything, aside from freezing.
Silence removes freezes.

And technically OTK tend to take a fair amount of time to pull off so one can beat them down with some decks.
For a while I have wanted Hearthstone to implement artifact's to the game.
Not just to offer some thing other than neutral minions, but cards that assist other cards with out being a minion or dealing direct spell damage.

If artifact's were in your hand they are always displayed to your opponent, never face down in your hand, so both players know the artifact's affects with out them being to powerful.

I would also make Artifact unable to attack unless certain criteria had been achieved.
If it wasn't for combo and OTK decks I would only lose about 5% of the time.

So naturally I am on board with putting a stop to OTK decks.

It is not lost on me how I can go on a 9 game winning streak and then suddenly an OTK deck appears and puts my streak into the garbage can. This happens so often that it cannot be a coincidence.
this game doesnt give a fk about you. this company doesnt give a fk about you. grow up.
You can't really call OTK when it really takes the entire deck to even pull off.
02/20/2019 01:08 PMPosted by RedSpade
You can't really call OTK when it really takes the entire deck to even pull off.

But is it fair when there is no counter play to the deck when the only counter is somehow pulling the key minion out of their deck with a dirty rat or some random spell? I understand that it can take the full deck but the fact that you cant counter or do anything about it is the issue.
i just came here to open a topic about otks and found your topic. this game isnt fun anymore because there are no fights going on, every player trying to draw their latest card in deck. zihi is kinda help with the situation, that card can make you win the game but still even if i interrupt my rival with zihi and win the game, still no fun. all meta decks are pre-memorised and both players know what will gonna happen next. i miss the days when i first started to this game.
02/19/2019 06:55 AMPosted by Grimnosh
And technically OTK tend to take a fair amount of time to pull off so one can beat them down with some decks.

I disagree. It takes no time for a Rogue to overpower any player with pogo-hopper. It does take 10 turns for a Druid (and sometimes Warrior) to Mill through his deck to Mecha'Thun but good luck getting past all of the armour and board clears. The Warlock's Rin in conjunction with all of his board clears is just plain stupid. He can put Rin down and kill it in one turn. There's very few counters once that ball get's rolling.