Rogue secret idea: kick

Play Mode Discussion
02/20/2019 09:22 AMPosted by Mand
I have a suggestion: make it apply to non-minion cards.

I think that would make it too powerful, no? The opponent couldn't play hero cards or weapons either?
Really cool idea and it elegantly fits the rogue thematically. Also adds some interesting counterplay elements. Noice
02/20/2019 10:41 AMPosted by frugivore
02/20/2019 09:22 AMPosted by Mand
I have a suggestion: make it apply to non-minion cards.

I think that would make it too powerful, no? The opponent couldn't play hero cards or weapons either?

More powerful, yes. Too powerful? Maybe, maybe not.

I’ve long thought weapons should get some anti-tech the way spells and minions do, and at that point adding in hero cards barely matters.
You got my vote on this one!

And for the opponent, it's less frustrating than loosing the spell from Mage Counterspell.
Rouge roundhouse sounds like a perfect name for the spell.

Kick em right in the face.
Shouldn't the returned spell cost more? Otherwise Rogue spend 2 mana and a card to return a spell to opponents hand. The Rogue is 1 card down from the exchange and maybe mana down too. Maybe that spell can not be casted for 2 more turns? Also few more Rogue secrets are needed to go with this, otherwise, this secret is easy to figure out.
02/20/2019 01:24 PMPosted by JohnHoo
Shouldn't the returned spell cost more? Otherwise Rogue spend 2 mana and a card to return a spell to opponents hand. The Rogue is 1 card down from the exchange and maybe mana down too. Maybe that spell can not be casted for 2 more turns? Also few more Rogue secrets are needed to go with this, otherwise, this secret is easy to figure out.

Secret: When your opponent casts a spell, Counter it and return it to their hand. It costs 1 more.