Why was cold-blood nerfed and not rotated?

Play Mode Discussion
It was perfectly balanced in relation to other cards, primarily blessing of might. Combo is supposed to be below average without trigger, and above average with, and coldblood was exactly that.

1 worse than Blessing of might without, one better with.

This is objectively what combo is supposed to do, hence why it's seen as an advantage to the rogue if you can trigger it.

If cold blood was truly the bringer of such misery and woe that it had to leave standard, I feel hall of faming it would've been the correct solution. I'm not going to try and pass judgment on if cold blood was bad for standard, but I think it's pretty clear the card is just bad now. It's straight up worse than eviscerate for any meaningful purpose.
Beacuse of Baku most likely beacuse belive me that excuse of it is in pretty much any rogue deck is not true or the same can be said about animal companion and kill command for hunters.
02/21/2019 01:27 PMPosted by Skullhawk
It was perfectly balanced
14dmg for 7 mana wasn't balanced
02/21/2019 01:45 PMPosted by Shakou

That you can stop by playing a taunt minion. belive me tar creeper in particular is a pain for rogue to deal with.

So 12 damage for seven mana makes it okay then? Cause that's what blessing of might does. You are griping about two damage, and plus isn't leeroy the problem card in that scenario, and not cold blood? You also seem to be ignoring the part where I suggested rotating it out, as I understand it might've been a bit too good in standard.

It's just a dead card, completely, nobody will ever use it again, that's really bad for the game. It's not even meme trash that's funny like milhouse.

Three card combo that can be played around in a class that doesn’t have nearly as much draw ability as it did before. “14 dmg for 7 mana” is a disingenuous argument. By the same logic I could say Priest does 40 damage with 9 mana. Guess we have to nerf every card in gallery priest now, right?
Baku.

They have nerfed so many cards in order to keep from addressing Baku and Genn that it's ridiculous
02/21/2019 02:05 PMPosted by D1rtyDan
...14dmg for 7 mana wasn't balanced

Three card combo that can be played around in a class that doesn’t have nearly as much draw ability as it did before. “14 dmg for 7 mana” is a disingenuous argument. By the same logic I could say Priest does 40 damage with 9 mana. Guess we have to nerf every card in gallery priest now, right?

In fairness I would actually greatly appreciate a nerf to any and all priest spells that can rez something.
i don't play much in wild but isn't odd rogue already super op there? with kb and the pirate package? rotating it out would have been useless
02/21/2019 02:09 PMPosted by Shakou
i don't play much in wild but isn't odd rogue already super op there? with kb and the pirate package? rotating it out would have been useless

Odd rogue is dead in wild exactly because of kingsbane, which doesn't even need cold blood. You just play weapon buffs and hit face. Don't forget all baku does is give you a weapon, that's useless to kingsbane decks, any scenario where you include Baku just makes the deck worse, unlike in standard where kingsbane just doesn't have absurd support anymore.
02/21/2019 02:05 PMPosted by D1rtyDan
...14dmg for 7 mana wasn't balanced

Was about to write the same.

They had the philosophy that 20 damage (Leroy Combo) was overpowered.

They dropped that philosophy long ago, looking on several OTKs that you can't stop now.
check the date of rotations/ hof ...and the date of coldblood nerf