A free Hearthstone coaching session!

Play Mode Discussion
Hello, and good evening!

This is intended to be a learning opportunity for newer or struggling players who want to improve. (NA server)

Need someone to practice against?

Want someone to spectate a game and point out mistakes?

Have any questions about the game?

Want a second opinion on the homebrew you just threw together?

I'll do my best to help you improve your gameplay and knowledge of the game. Add me for a free coaching session, or if you just want another HS friend! freckles#12809

Good night, and good luck out there!
My advice for new players would be don't bother
02/22/2019 12:19 AMPosted by Pipotchi

i am a new player, only been playing HS for 5 weeks, after my first half-season in Standard i decided to go Wild for this one, dusted ALL my cards to craft a decent version of Evenlock (for starters) and i've been having an absolute blast! plus i've already hit rank 5 :)

...why would you want to discourage others from having fun with this game?
02/22/2019 02:20 AMPosted by Rorschach

i am a new player, only been playing HS for 5 weeks, after my first half-season in Standard i decided to go Wild for this one, dusted ALL my cards to craft a decent version of Evenlock (for starters) and i've been having an absolute blast! plus i've already hit rank 5 :)

Dusted your entire collection to play 1 deck. Smart idea
02/22/2019 02:30 AMPosted by Bee

...why not? i've said i've only been playing HS fr about 5 weeks, my 'entire' collection was literally a bunch of cards ;)
now i have a deck that took me to rank 5 in first two weeks of this season, for me it was a fair trade ;)

Or, better yet - just play OTK priest, paladin or some mecathun deck.

Coaching? For THIS game and this meta? Huh? Nice to offerso no offense to the OP but there is no coaching required right now. Just play busted OTK/Control deck and win games.
There’s Mikey polluting yet another thread with his whining.

I’ve played exactly 1 Mecha’thun deck this month, 0 gallery priests, 3 wall priests and OTK Paladin is dead after
The equality nerf. At least get your whines straight if you’re gonna whine.
02/22/2019 02:55 AMPosted by Rorschach

...why not? i've said i've only been playing HS fr about 5 weeks, my 'entire' collection was literally a bunch of cards ;)
now i have a deck that took me to rank 5 in first two weeks of this season, for me it was a fair trade ;)

Exactly, my "entire collection" would probably yield 400,000 dust, so no, that wouldn't be smart.

When you're dusting for 600, then, sure. Burn it down.
I have been playing since the beginning... feel free to friend me.. I always need help, since I like to create my own decks, and yes they are usually terrible.. BUT, I have fun playing them.. IMAGROWNUP#1284

<span class="truncated">...</span>

How much of an entire collection could you have after 5 weeks? F2P or P2W?

Evenlock? So let me guess
draw
draw
Play Man Giant if you have the stone or draw
Play Mountain Giant if played on already if not play first one
Play Twighlight Drake
Ply Sunfury protector
When below 15 health play 7/7 taunts
Play stones to suck up life and destroy minions
Play Guldan

So basically just follow your pattern every game and if you have scissors deck vs paper more often you win more. Scissors vs Scissors, did you get a better curve or RNG. Scissors vs Rock, hopefully you don't get that many matchups so you can climb faster.

Folks who win more love the game more. Have better deck and hardly lose? Or joy - this is awesome =P

*why "multiple power decks vs single?" when you hit that part of the ladder where your one deck is now weak need to switch to a deck that beats the current road block.
@SlimJim
He was talking about WILD Even Lock.
You play 2 Molten Giant as well.
The thrill of getting your self to 10, is not an easy skill.

Wild have a lot of unexpected burns.
Is 10 a good call against a certain deck?

Sorry that your standard meta is bull's poop, but wild is great (Other than big priest), and almost all deck is very fun, and if you are rank 20, all decks are viable!

And, even then.
I am having fun with my miracle rogue.
Got a 5 winstreak, played it a couple of time just to get beaten to a pulp 6x, not in a row, but it was fun, my deck that is.
And in wild, I literally get so triggered by big priest that i play Mill Rogue just to torture people who play big priest.
With a whopping 30% win rate, I beat Big priest 99% of the time.
And IT IS Great, winning against them ;)
02/22/2019 07:17 AMPosted by Ramza
@SlimJim

Sorry that your standard meta is bull's poop, but wild is great (Other than big priest), and almost all deck is very fun, and if you are rank 20, all decks are viable!

And, even then.
Got a 5 winstreak, played it a couple of time just to get beaten to a pulp 6x, not in a row, but it was fun, my deck that is.
And in wild, I literally get so triggered by big priest that i play Mill Rogue just to torture people who play big priest.

Ah - Thanks for the info. I dont play Wild as only have Standard cards but I figured there has to be, and I will be kind, a game plan that people follow to victory.
02/22/2019 06:47 AMPosted by IMAGROWNUP
I have been playing since the beginning... feel free to friend me.. I always need help, since I like to create my own decks, and yes they are usually terrible.. BUT, I have fun playing them.. IMAGROWNUP#1284

I'll add you when I get home tonight. I love deck-building. Playing your own creation is fun, even if it is bad!
02/22/2019 05:16 PMPosted by freckles
02/22/2019 06:47 AMPosted by IMAGROWNUP

I'll add you when I get home tonight. I love deck-building. Playing your own creation is fun, even if it is bad!

I have only ever played one net deck I really liked, and it surprisingly got me all the way to rank 14.. BUT, that was back in the day before they introduced Standard mode.. So, yes I make my own decks, and I follow what looks fun. :) Look forward to hearing from you!!
02/22/2019 07:17 AMPosted by Ramza
@SlimJim

And, even then.

I climbed to rank 3 in standard a couple of weeks ago and for the sake of my sanity just stopped playing. I was winning as many games as usual (mainly played BSM), but it just felt miserable and repetitive. I queued up in wild for the first time ever shortly after and have had a blast. I have a pretty good collection, and had the dust to craft a few fringe legendaries. I made it to 10 in a few hours with secret mage and since then have been playing renounce darkness, Dane's gahzrilla hunter, maly shaman and a bunch of other archetypes that I either loved in the past or am playing for the first time. There are plenty of people meming or experimenting in and around 10 and its honestly been really refreshing for me to experience. Ive no real interest in tryharding atm, and taking that burden away has led to a pretty decent time tbh.
Rank 5 in 5 weeks is very impressive especially if your collection of cards is somewhat low.

This is why I want them to put Wild packs in the shop. It only makes sense if people are willing to spend money or other resources to acquire them.
02/23/2019 06:18 AMPosted by ThinIce
Rank 5 in 5 weeks is very impressive especially if your collection of cards is somewhat low.

This is why I want them to put Wild packs in the shop. It only makes sense if people are willing to spend money or other resources to acquire them.

You can buy wild packs on the b.net site shop, just not ingame. Mildly inconvenient, but I think they do it that way to prevent brand new players from spending their hundreds of dollars on wild cards without even knowing the difference between wild and standard.
02/23/2019 06:29 AMPosted by Illidari
02/23/2019 06:18 AMPosted by ThinIce

You can buy wild packs on the b.net site shop, just not ingame. Mildly inconvenient, but I think they do it that way to prevent brand new players from spending their hundreds of dollars on wild cards without even knowing the difference between wild and standard.

So much this.

Contrarily-wise... I don't think many know you can buy them off the Bnet store.

Safer to put them there tho because of what you said.
After the game prepare to provide funds for further lessons. A troll trying to make cash on a game that makes cash.

Avoid this.