No motivation. Game is wrecked.

Play Mode Discussion
Can't even stand to play ranked long enough to get to Rank 5. All odd and even paladins. Baku/Genn ruined the game. A friend turned me on to Eternal recently. It's way more like Magic than Hearthstone, which is not a good thing, but it's interesting and something to mess around with for now. And they balance and iterate their game based on quality as far as I can see, instead of based on squeezing max $$$ out of its playerbase.

I don't have high hopes for after rotation though due to Baku/Genn. These scrub devs are either clueless or they're being hamstrung by Activi$$$ion spooks. Either way a complete joke. Just let Blizzard die already.

We don't need a better Hearthstone. We need some other, better company that is remotely trustworthy or worthy of faith.
Honestly I don't have a problem with Genn, Baku (Odd War/Paladin) does annoy me somewhat but not really anymore than Big Priest or Mecha'thun does.

In any-case, the Dev's have already stated they will be aiming to have changed how Baku and Genn function by the next expac
Yeah, at this point we are just waiting 6 more weeks to see what happens. So many cards are going to be gone, and they are adjusting Baku and Genn.
Where have they stated that??????????

Yeah Baku is a much bigger problem but you have to lump them together when it comes to balancing. Genn was a big problem in Wild with Even Shaman before they nuked Flametongue. Odd Paladin is like a cockroach that will never die. I'm more sick of it than I've been of anything in the game, except for maybe Rexxar. It's been almost a year of dealing with hero power spam. When they start buffing hero powers you know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Jesus just hire some more people. Get people with better ideas. Invest in your game. SMH
02/23/2019 01:22 AMPosted by Shwarzinator

Yeah Baku is a much bigger problem but you have to lump them together when it comes to balancing. Genn was a big problem in Wild with Even Shaman before they nuked Flametongue. Odd Paladin is like a cockroach that will never die. I'm more sick of it than I've been of anything in the game, except for maybe Rexxar. It's been almost a year of dealing with hero power spam. When they start buffing hero powers you know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Jesus just hire some more people. Get people with better ideas. Invest in your game. SMH

There are numerous threads and posts talking about how the Dev's are currently discussing how to change Baku and Genn, since it's a complex issue. A good ol' google search should provide you the info you want.

Buffed hero powers were introduced WAY before witchwood also :o
Yeah I know about Inspire and that 6 drop minion. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.
02/23/2019 01:28 AMPosted by blackmilk
02/23/2019 01:22 AMPosted by Shwarzinator

There are numerous threads and posts talking about how the Dev's are currently discussing how to change Baku and Genn, since it's a complex issue. A good ol' google search should provide you the info you want.

AKA you heard some guy say that they said something. I googled it and got nothing. Because there is nothing.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

AKA you heard some guy say that they said something. I googled it and got nothing. Because there is nothing.

The 'Main' thread with the juicy info can be found @ https://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-discussion/230095-baku-genn-are-getting-nerfed
I hate to sound pessimistic, but even if they do 'fix' it, they usually replace one broken card with another broken card, it happens every expansion; we always get upset, they never listen, we proceed to fork over monolithic amounts of cash for the next xp. It's the circle of Hearthstone.
I hate toxic deck where enemy have clear board i have full healt, full board and enemy win in one round.... without being able to react anyway it is a toxic
It’s the polarity issue that bothers me most. You can tech a deck to handle Paladin, then get smashed time and again by OTK. Tech for OTK and lose every aggro match, etc.

So many matches are insta-lose at matchmaking stage and that sucks more than anything else.

Gonna be a long 6 weeks...
02/23/2019 02:16 AMPosted by blackmilk
...AKA you heard some guy say that they said something. I googled it and got nothing. Because there is nothing.

The 'Main' thread with the juicy info can be found @ https://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-discussion/230095-baku-genn-are-getting-nerfed
Ok....when they talk like that they usually do something. The question may be whether they change them right away or wait until some time into next expansion to see how they perform/interact in a very different meta. Not sure which one is better.
From the hearthpwn thread:

This was the plan all along.  Print two out of control must-haves, lap up the sweet pack sales and then feign ignorance when problems materialize.  They get the sales, they dodge the blame (we are as shocked as you all) and then they get to play Team 5 to the rescue, yet again.

I also like the theory that the problems are from stupidity, not malice.
Buffing/discounting both players' HPs would be interesting.

Putting them automatically in opening mulligan and making them active upon draw would be intriguing. So you could get the effect from the start but you'd be saddled with them, or you could mulligan them away but lose the effect until you draw them.

If they only change the effect then please make Baku give Paladin a 2/2

And maybe just be creative with it, like Baku making Warlock's HP 3 mana, draw 2, take 3 damage.
02/23/2019 03:50 AMPosted by Front242
I hate toxic deck where enemy have clear board i have full healt, full board and enemy win in one round.... without being able to react anyway it is a toxic
That's a Tragedy for You ^^
The biggest issue for me is the fact that mass hysteria and psychic scream are both in standard at the same time. The same problem arose last year with dragonfire potion and scream, which made attempting any sort of minion based strategy pretty miserable. Sure, there were playarounds such as cairne or having kele buffed minions above 5 health, but it led to horribly predictable gamestates and polarised matchups. I hated that little **** Patches, but at least he kept decks honest and demanded that decks interacted with you in the early game. Shadow visions is even more problematic now given the fact that the highlander condition has been removed. Ive more wins with Priest than any other class, but the 1/2 punch clears (not even including anduin) into otk or unresolvable board states needs to stop.
02/23/2019 12:55 AMPosted by Shwarzinator
We don't need a better Hearthstone.

so you think HS fine
Do like me, make a deck that beats odd palys, hunters and mages, and i tell you, you'll start seeing a lot more of the stuff that beats you like priest and warrior.

my stats, playing paladin that beats slower decks,
my stats had
41% hunter, 15% priest 12% paly 5% warr 1% rogue,

So i start target hunter and paly,
worked well but now its
25% priest, 10% warr, and only 17% hunters and 5% paly and 19% rogue?!?!

nani da faak
Can't even stand to play ranked long enough to get to Rank 5. All odd and even paladins. Baku/Genn ruined the game. A friend turned me on to Eternal recently. It's way more like Magic than Hearthstone, which is not a good thing, but it's interesting and something to mess around with for now. And they balance and iterate their game based on quality as far as I can see, instead of based on squeezing max $$$ out of its playerbase.

I don't have high hopes for after rotation though due to Baku/Genn. These scrub devs are either clueless or they're being hamstrung by Activi$$$ion spooks. Either way a complete joke. Just let Blizzard die already.

We don't need a better Hearthstone. We need some other, better company that is remotely trustworthy or worthy of faith.

Just go, we don't need you here.

quit and dont look back. This game will only get worse from here on.