No motivation. Game is wrecked.

Play Mode Discussion
02/23/2019 01:08 AMPosted by blackmilk
Honestly I don't have a problem with Genn, Baku (Odd War/Paladin) does annoy me somewhat but not really anymore than Big Priest or Mecha'thun does.

In any-case, the Dev's have already stated they will be aiming to have changed how Baku and Genn function by the next expac

Ya, both big priest and mechathun have one thing in common, unable to play any cards for the first 8 turns. So i guess you dont like winning.
02/23/2019 08:05 AMPosted by Caonima
Honestly I don't have a problem with Genn, Baku (Odd War/Paladin) does annoy me somewhat but not really anymore than Big Priest or Mecha'thun does.

In any-case, the Dev's have already stated they will be aiming to have changed how Baku and Genn function by the next expac

Ya, both big priest and mechathun have one thing in common, unable to play any cards for the first 8 turns. So i guess you dont like winning.

I know you're trolling but man, going against opponents who didn't play a single card for 8 turns would be a trip
02/23/2019 12:55 AMPosted by Shwarzinator
Can't even stand to play ranked long enough to get to Rank 5. All odd and even paladins. Baku/Genn ruined the game. A friend turned me on to Eternal recently. It's way more like Magic than Hearthstone, which is not a good thing, but it's interesting and something to mess around with for now. And they balance and iterate their game based on quality as far as I can see, instead of based on squeezing max $$$ out of its playerbase.

I don't have high hopes for after rotation though due to Baku/Genn. These scrub devs are either clueless or they're being hamstrung by Activi$$$ion spooks. Either way a complete joke. Just let Blizzard die already.

We don't need a better Hearthstone. We need some other, better company that is remotely trustworthy or worthy of faith.

Today i rank from rank 6 1star to rank 4 3 star with quest warrior. They still give me the fun. Nothing beat leaving bakudin to cry with a wall of taunt to get through and so many AOE against their mini minion. The deck work very well against wall priest, big spell mage, odd mage, secret odd mage, zoolock and mindblast priest. (i.e. >50% some even at 60 - 70%). Weak against most hunter build, especially deathrattle hunter. Considering this deck is good against most meta deck now, its really fun to play with it and not too boring.
02/23/2019 08:05 AMPosted by Caonima

In what world do either of those decks do nothing for 8 turns? It’s not like they have draw mechanics to play or cards to setup other cards. And the solution to beat them, as always, is play faster decks; which some people don’t enjoy (amazing I know). The way I see it is that every deck type should at least have the option to tech against every other deck type without completely shutting down either. More focus on playing smart and getting a bit lucky with you’re draws.
02/23/2019 05:39 AMPosted by URjustSOL
This was the plan all along.  Print two out of control must-haves, lap up the sweet pack sales and then feign ignorance when problems materialize.  They get the sales, they dodge the blame (we are as shocked as you all) and then they get to play Team 5 to the rescue, yet again.

I think this idea is laughable considering they printed two legendary cards that essentially are in decks that have been leveraging inexpensive cards overall. Odd Paladin, Baku Rogue, and Even Warlock were relatively inexpensive decks compared to the meta. Even Shaman was hella expensive though

02/23/2019 08:35 AMPosted by Nullspace
Today i rank from rank 6 1star to rank 4 3 star with quest warrior. They still give me the fun. Nothing beat leaving bakudin to cry with a wall of taunt to get through and so many AOE against their mini minion. The deck work very well against wall priest, big spell mage, odd mage, secret odd mage, zoolock and mindblast priest. (i.e. >50% some even at 60 - 70%). Weak against most hunter build, especially deathrattle hunter. Considering this deck is good against most meta deck now, its really fun to play with it and not too boring.

Quest Warrior (non-Baku) has been sleeper good for awhile now in my opinion as it can handle, as you mentioned, a lot of issues in the meta through the additional removal gained from the Even cards that ar elost w/ Baku. I still think Quest Baku is a tad better but normal Quest Warrior is still very good.
02/23/2019 01:17 AMPosted by Silverangel
Yeah, at this point we are just waiting 6 more weeks to see what happens. So many cards are going to be gone, and they are adjusting Baku and Genn.
Politely where have you found proof they are adjusting BakuGenn?

Recall how 1 month ago they balanced the game around Baku just now?
They put Equal at 4 exactly because of Baku and stated this on record.
They stated Equal is goin to 4 bc 3 made BakuPal too-good!
So that's perfectly balancing the game around Baku as the core of all HS.

So why would they balance the game around Baku, and then 2 months later 'adjust' the card they put as the centeripiece for Feb's balanace-playtime?

They just balanced around Baku
Why would they change Baku after balancing / ruining the game over it?
Classic Set was cooler to balance around than 2017/18 temporary expansion cards!
C'mon Blizz u making some mistakes and not even talking about why you chose Baku over Classic set. Why can't you talk about that choice you made, to side with 17/18 expansion over Classic? Who made that choice? More importantly, why?

Is it Baku's art?
Is the card's dreamy-art what lured you in to attack the Classic set instead of the beautiful blue snake?

Ok Equality is at 2, Baku decks are really-consistent n really-fast.
Lets put Equality to 4, Baku's fine...
We can't go-back on a 2018 expansion card already can we?
Lets just hit some Classics first and delay the inevitable...at the cost of...the game's core / longevity.

Ewwww!
Anyone have hand-soap my hands are dirty.
Dirty-money I don't want.
Anyone want to speedrun Mario-Party-1 and talk about Classic Set?
We can twitch that instead of HS-meta.
02/23/2019 09:09 AMPosted by Thorodan
02/23/2019 01:17 AMPosted by Silverangel
Yeah, at this point we are just waiting 6 more weeks to see what happens. So many cards are going to be gone, and they are adjusting Baku and Genn.
Politely where have you found proof they are adjusting BakuGenn?

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6405-iksar-talks-about-card-nerfs-genn-baku-and-more

I was going from what people were saying, but it seems to be here in this video, around 42 minutes in.

"We've been exploring a lot of different potential solutions. It's something that we are going to want to solve by the time the expansion comes around."

Someone posted another source here: https://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-discussion/230095-baku-genn-are-getting-nerfed
Too little too late. The pros and streamers told them this was a major problem when odd paladin became a thing but they did not care because odd paladin was a cheap easy effective deck for newbies. In the end, money won out. Their attrition rate of people leaving was not high enough to offset the concern they were hearing about.

Another way its obvious they are don't care any more? Their nerfing key cards for 2nd and 3rd tier decks while faking doing something about even paladin. Who really thought that moving equality from 2 to 4 was going to nerf even pally? The only deck it wrecked was control paladin including all of the decks that run the new paladin legendary card. Oh but they knew exactly how to wreck kings bane rogue. A deck which was never above tier 3. And quest druid and now druid in general with their essentially castration of ramp. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's like nobody in the dev community knows how to balance a game any more or even care to.

I don't know how they though upgraded Hero Power since the start of the game was a good idea for a minor deck restriction. Its like they don't run test builds in development and leave it to the players when the cards go live. Anyone with half a brain that had the ability to test these cards pre launch could have figured out Odd Paladin would be nuts especially after the player base refined the deck.

The design philosophy seems to be who needs to test things just make the most crazy card and just nerf it if stuff goes wrong. Maybe its even on purpose to get players to spend dust on cards to support the new stuff since they only have to refund the dust for the nerfed cards and not the 5-20 other cards you craft to make the deck work.