As a Golden Priest

Play Mode Discussion
I seriously hate this class right now.

Spam "well played" and "uncanny" as you resurrect your minions 4-6 times because your opponent doesn't draw or run a hard removal.

Either play mind blast Maly or the Divine Spirit Ogre netdeck and win regardless of whatever cards they play because Psychic Scream and Mass Hysteria clear the board of any aggression
02/25/2019 01:02 PMPosted by Zom

Spam "well played" and "uncanny" as you resurrect your minions 4-6 times because your opponent doesn't draw or run a hard removal.

Either play mind blast Maly or the Divine Spirit Ogre netdeck and win regardless of whatever cards they play because Psychic Scream and Mass Hysteria clear the board of any aggression

Are you seriously complaining about your easy wins?
02/25/2019 01:03 PMPosted by Flarkyou
02/25/2019 01:02 PMPosted by Zom

Are you seriously complaining about your easy wins?

I find that suprisingly honest and progressive of him; admitting that the class he plays can be considered op.
Machine gun priest was FAR worse than anything out there today.

I hope you weren’t getting your golden priest on the back of that abomination.

Unless you’re talking about wild, I’m not even sure what the issue is. According to VS, neither Rez priest deck in standard is tier 1 and one of them isn’t even tier 2 now and appears to be going extinct.
Not sure why Golden priest matters.... from someone with >1,500 wins on Priest

I do agree with you though, outside of emote spam, that the resurrect mechanic is a real annoyance in the class. I use to like it back in the day where it provided an advantage but wasn't crazy (Resurrect + Onyx Bishop) and, in fact, took a Resurrect Priest in ONiK to legend when the class was 1% play rate because I enjoyed the deck and it didn't feel completely ridiculous playing it, or I'd imagine, against it (I never saw another Priest doing the build).

I question though whether the issue in Standard is the Resurrect mechanics themselves or Psychic Scream's ability to reset the board. They're an extremely potent combination but I am leaning more and more that the issue is Psychic Scream's ability to eliminate all board presence.

02/25/2019 01:29 PMPosted by Guldin
According to VS, neither Rez priest deck in standard is tier 1 and one of them isn’t even tier 2 now and appears to be going extinct.

Gallery Priest is slowly declining but while Wall Priest may not be tier 1 in win rate right now it is #2 in play rate so I can understand the frustration players are venting at the deck. If you look at the Meta Score (WR x PR) Wall Priest is #3 in the game behind MR Hunter and Odd Paladin.

That is where the annoyance from people is but, again, I think we have some tools available to mess with the Resurrect some but Scream was probably a bad card to print in reflection at this point in time.
Priest always gets the hate when it gets something new.
Plus, the fact that most decks are slow and control-oriented.

Unless you’re talking about wild, I’m not even sure what the issue is. According to VS, neither Rez priest deck in standard is tier 1 and one of them isn’t even tier 2 now and appears to be going extinct.

Wrong. Garbage stats mean nothing. OTK/resurrect priest is 100% out of control right now with evety window licker on the planet abusing it for cheap, brainless wins. Period. Done.
02/26/2019 04:30 AMPosted by Mikey

Wrong. Garbage stats mean nothing. OTK/resurrect priest is 100% out of control right now with evety window licker on the planet abusing it for cheap, brainless wins. Period. Done.

Stats mean nothing cause Mikey said so. Doesnt matter what’s in the meta.. scrubs like you will cry about it. You know, like last month when you were crying about hunters?
02/26/2019 01:19 AMPosted by RedSpade
Priest always gets the hate when it gets something new.
Plus, the fact that most decks are slow and control-oriented.

Perhaps, it's because Priests always gets exclusive access to certain powerful spells and mechanics that the eight other classes almost have no way of contesting against.

Resurrection being one of them, 2 of 8 classes can deal with them and they still have to be lucky since there's plenty of ways for the Priests to get multiply copies of a minion into the resurrection pool.

Then there's of course, massive healing - controlled stealing - some of the most powerful AoE's in the game and of course, that they can swap from defensive to aggressive in one turn and in most cases, kill you. (Divine Spirit + Inner Fire).

Hmm my guess is that Cloning gallery Priest would give Machine gun priest a good run for it's money...

Machine gun Priest OTK is much much harder to pull off (I'm not even sure it's a 30 damage combo) than the Cloning Gallery OTK.
02/25/2019 02:06 PMPosted by Lykotic
Not sure why Golden priest matters.... from someone with >1,500 wins on Priest

I do agree with you though, outside of emote spam, that the resurrect mechanic is a real annoyance in the class. I use to like it back in the day where it provided an advantage but wasn't crazy (Resurrect + Onyx Bishop) and, in fact, took a Resurrect Priest in ONiK to legend when the class was 1% play rate because I enjoyed the deck and it didn't feel completely ridiculous playing it, or I'd imagine, against it (I never saw another Priest doing the build).

I question though whether the issue in Standard is the Resurrect mechanics themselves or Psychic Scream's ability to reset the board. They're an extremely potent combination but I am leaning more and more that the issue is Psychic Scream's ability to eliminate all board presence.

According to VS, neither Rez priest deck in standard is tier 1 and one of them isn’t even tier 2 now and appears to be going extinct.

Gallery Priest is slowly declining but while Wall Priest may not be tier 1 in win rate right now it is #2 in play rate so I can understand the frustration players are venting at the deck. If you look at the Meta Score (WR x PR) Wall Priest is #3 in the game behind MR Hunter and Odd Paladin.

That is where the annoyance from people is but, again, I think we have some tools available to mess with the Resurrect some but Scream was probably a bad card to print in reflection at this point in time.

See, I lean more toward blaming the diamond spellstone.

Generally, individual resurrects are ok. There is some RNG to your target options, you only get 1 thing to bring back, which is easier to remove, etc.

The spellstone not only revives several targets, but because it revives up to 4 unique minions, it allows combo priests to safely run a wider array of threats without seriously impacting their OTK chances (or in the case of wall priest, greatly improves them). It also reduces the impact of graveyard pollution effects, as you need to run several unique ones to start to have a noticeable impact on the revive outcomes.

Without that card, priests become an easier target for slower decks, that can generally handle individual revives, and no longer need to worry about being OTK-ed by a spellstone result. The control priest variant that doesn't run spellstone, can be countered with a whole lot of healing since it has to deal at least 5-10 damage to you before it can burst kill you.

The AoEs make priests too good against aggression, but the diamond spellstone makes them too good against everything else.

Kind of like cube lock, the class has had all of its major weaknesses covered up by powerful cards.