Malygos and inner fire hall of fame

Play Mode Discussion
How come this has not happened already? These nerfs need to be faster.
02/12/2019 07:40 PMPosted by Praetorian

So....
1) HoF Inner Fire wouldn't do much right now as Topsy does the same thing essentially. In addition prior to Shadow Visions DS/IF was more meme status than anything. How about before gutting more Classic cards the game and players decide to...
a) Think over what is enabling older cards to have power
b) Decide on a rotational core set like Magic does

2) Malygod is relatively fair in most decks. yes Priest can high-roll it right now but is that more an issue with how Resurrect works in this game or with Malygos itself? Malygod Druid and Malygos Rogue are fair combo decks so why HoF it? Cheating mechanisms are something that should maybe not be attempted again.

I’d be ok if Alex went. I like the idea behind Maly. I don’t like the idea of multiple Maly’s. But every time I see Alex dropped I just sigh. Let’s just deal up to 15 damage to you because “mah combo”
That's because they DON'T need to be nerfed that way, my friend.
Divine spirit is an easier target if you wanna delete this otk because even if inner fire and topsy turvy go away you still have things like crazed alchemist.

Not that wall priest is an issue right now at least , but yeah, divine spirit is the real enabler so inner fire HOF wouldn't accomplish anything.

The thing that is kinda worrying is that people have started adopting the same mentality that Blizzard has showcased in the last 2 years where instead of nerfing or straight up avoid printing the real culprits ( cloning gallery, diamond spellstone, or other things that cheat out several malygos like kobold illusionist) they start targeting classic cards.

It's not that classic cards are exempt from being offenders , it's just that they are not always the offenders as is the case in this meta. I don't know how we reached this point but people have borrowed the same problematic mentality of targeting wrong culprits because Hall of Fame is a thing now, threads like these get made where classic cards remain the focus when they are clearly not the issue.