HoF for the next rotation

Play Mode Discussion
what do you think will get hit, if anything?

im thinking leeroy
(side note, i dont think he is OP or anything, just saying what i think will happen)
I have this feeling it will be Malygos since he is responsible for many OTK decks.
If anything it's Maly or Alex
Preparation
Maly and or Alex seem way more deserving of it than Leeroy to be honest.
Alex is one of the worst cards, very OP. Alex should read, "make both players health 15." This balances the card. So if you play Alex, you;ll have to be wary of when to play her to your advantage.

Maly could be a 10 drop honestly.
Malygos :-D
I mean c'mon! This dude is long overdue here.
02/01/2019 10:28 AMPosted by Tohrin
Alex is one of the worst cards, very OP. Alex should read, "make both players health 15." This balances the card. So if you play Alex, you;ll have to be wary of when to play her to your advantage.

Maly could be a 10 drop honestly.

In my opinion this could actually make the card more powerful in OTK decks. A lot of them have trouble with aggro, imagine beating them down to 4 health only for them to heal 11 and put you in OTK range all at once.
Maly, Velen and Alex would be good choices. But I have a feeling they will keep them as they like their spicy OTK.
02/01/2019 10:19 AMPosted by Orzel

I don't know it would be weird to tie the legendary dragons to a bundle only to nerf one or two of them.
02/01/2019 10:33 AMPosted by Andrewrm
02/01/2019 10:19 AMPosted by Orzel

I don't know it would be weird to tie the legendary dragons to a bundle only to nerf one or two of them.

You must be new to Blizzard logic.
depends on what they'll print:

if they print a legendary spellpower based card, they will HoF maly. If they print a legendary aggro card, they'll HoF leeroy, etc

literally everything they can in order to push sales and nothing else.
when they publish it? At the end of February?
02/01/2019 10:15 AMPosted by NightDragon
I have this feeling it will be Malygos since he is responsible for many OTK decks.
Honestly, I think it's just sad if they actually do this. Compared to cards like Thaurissan, Malygos is a pretty tame combo card. He's costly to the point where actual OTKs are pretty hard to set up with him, unless you have something as busted as Cloning Gallery.
Malygos wouldn't be surprising.

Alex would be. Sure, she has a powerful effect, but she's still an extremely clunky card that can't always be deployed easily. It's not a tall order to heal/armor yourself out of danger while dealing with her body and gaining the initiative.

Getting rid of Leeroy would curbstomp aggro as a whole now that their dependable finisher is gone. Blizz would have to consider printing aggro support in future expansions.
02/01/2019 12:37 PMPosted by Monlyth
02/01/2019 10:15 AMPosted by NightDragon
Honestly, I think it's just sad if they actually do this. Compared to cards like Thaurissan, Malygos is a pretty tame combo card. He's costly to the point where actual OTKs are pretty hard to set up with him, unless you have something as busted as Cloning Gallery.

I enjoy playing the card at times and hope you are right, but it just seems inevitable. Maybe it will get nerfed so he can stay in standard.
Something that's rage-inducing, like mc tech.
02/01/2019 10:32 AMPosted by SverdSanity
Maly, Velen and Alex would be good choices. But I have a feeling they will keep them as they like their spicy OTK.

I would honestly be happy with Velen going to the HoF, as long as he's replaced with a similarly fringe Legendary that will be good in the appropriate meta. Like a Vol'jin or a Benedictus. Not an auto-include, but something that's appealing. Velen is either awful or an OTK, and I'm not a big fan of Priest's permanent Legendary being an all-or-nothing card like that. Because it's been mostly "nothing" for the history of the game, outside the last 12-18 months.
None of classic cards deserves to be Hofed this rotation.
Stonetusk Boar should go, partially due to APM priest and partially because it was mentioned to be the most limiting card to design space a couple years ago.

I'd like to see Malygos go as well, his OTK decks are really stale. Card reveals are sometimes dominated by theorycrafters discussing whether or not the card can be broken with Malygos.

Personal picks
Scavenging Hyena - This minion is very polarizing, either you have an answer for it or it just scales out of control. The problem is that it costs only 2 mana, so almost any answer is inefficient. Good hunters also don't let this die as a 2/2, it's usually played on a wide board to heavily capitalize on trading off tokens and low cost beasts.

Polymorph and Hex - Very personal pick for me. I keep finding it very frustrating to automatically lose against mage and shaman if I'm playing a deck reliant on a minion weak to transform. My most recent example is Prelate Paladin, which is fun and strong against some classes, but get's completely obliterated by transform. The mere existence of these cards has prevented many decks from ever becoming viable.

Animal Companion, Houndmaster, Kill Command, Explosive Trap, and Freezing Trap - The usual auto-includes in most hunter decks. Facing all of these lies somewhere between boring and frustrating.

Freezing Trap in particular is very frustrating to play when using a deck with higher cost or slow minions. The hunter playing any secret at all can sometimes mean not attacking for several turns because the risk of Freezing Trap is far too great, it really feels terrible to play around.