DIY banning

Community Discussion
Sick of troll decks? I highly recommend implementing self-imposed bans on the decks and classes the majority of us all hate.

I currently ban all card copy, class copy, face burn, mill decks, OTK mechathun, big Priest, even shaman, odd Paladin, Murloc aggro, etc....basically any overpowered or contentious mechanic.

I only play Wild Casual but I’ve noticed a lot of these and variations of the standard meta infecting our game pool so needless to say, the concede button is seeing a lot of use. Still, it’s preferable to giving these decks and mechanics a game. Give it a try and watch your Hearthstone experience improve. What are you banning?
I still ban hunters despite last weeks' mini-nerf, and paladins, both are OP. I always ban pogo-hopper (or whatever that evil card is called), empty deck swapping (as soon as they start clearing their cards) and opening moves that double hero-power.
02/12/2019 12:34 AMPosted by YupYup
Sick of troll decks? I highly recommend implementing self-imposed bans on the decks and classes the majority of us all hate.

I currently ban all card copy, class copy, face burn, mill decks, OTK mechathun, big Priest, even shaman, odd Paladin, Murloc aggro, etc....basically any overpowered or contentious mechanic.

I only play Wild Casual but I’ve noticed a lot of these and variations of the standard meta infecting our game pool so needless to say, the concede button is seeing a lot of use. Still, it’s preferable to giving these decks and mechanics a game. Give it a try and watch your Hearthstone experience improve. What are you banning?

How are you doing this banning? I would love to ban ropers.
Sadly self imposed bans can only be done by conceding. I do it because I believe these players shouldn’t even get a game if they choose to play those decks. Ropers are the worst but the only method I’ve found to combatting them is to rope them back turn for turn until they stop. That is the only time I will rope someone.
02/12/2019 05:58 PMPosted by YupYup
Sadly self imposed bans can only be done by conceding

Well, concede or quit, I prefer quit, it seems to more express my disgust.