Ideas - Genn & Baku Changes

Community Discussion
How about this...

At the start of the game, there’s a 50% chance that the hero power would be upgraded and as long as Genn or Baku is in the player’s hand, upgrade the hero power (100% upgrade).

In a nutshell add a bit of RNG and if the player is willing to mull his or her hand at the start of the game to include Genn or Baku, then he or she would receive one less card so to speak.
02/18/2019 11:25 AMPosted by OmniOmega
How about this...

At the start of the game, there’s a 50% chance that the hero power would be upgraded and as long as Genn or Baku is in the player’s hand, upgrade the hero power (100% upgrade).

In a nutshell add a bit of RNG and if the player is willing to mull his or her hand at the start of the game to include Genn or Baku, then he or she would receive one less card so to speak.

"add a bit of RNG"? Gads the game has enough RNG as it is and will odds are will get even more and you want to add even more for two cards that will rotate out into wild in a year's time? Come on.
I'll be glad when these cards rotate out, but this change would only make the decks unplayable imo. I'm also looking foward to the DK cards rotating out.
What I'd like is MORE odd/even cards. There are far too few that were made for the theme. Personally I'd have made at least one odd/even card for each class and 5 or 6 for neutrals.
How about they hall of fame these pieces of junk and admit they made a mistake. No? Ok.
a simpler gen and baku change:
[while in deck]:
your hero power [is upgraded/costs (1)], and you cant play [odd/even] cards from hand.

keeps the theme of having upgraded early hero power, but focuses more on the early game, as opposed to justicar/raza who focus on late game benefits.

this change allows more deck building flexibility for when the effect wears off, but the risk is that you may draw dead cards if gen/baku is still in effect.
Now suggest a change that doesn't make those cards unplayable. I get that people don't like them but the DK's are far more disruptive to the meta than Genn/Baku are IMO.
didnt think my suggestion was an unplayable nerf. especially since it'll allow you to add odd cards to your even decks and vice versa to compensate. you just cant play them while buffed by gen/baku.

- doesnt change much for even warlock, you lose hero power discount after 12 draws on average, so approx t6-8, and your power likely gets replaced by bloodreaper on t10 anyways. but you still get to cheese out early giants/drakes, and odd cards become playable after genn is drawn, so potential overall buff?
-slight nerf for rogue, unless you draw myra's before baku, your turns are limited anyways after myra's. and with proposed change myra's allows evis to become playable. so more burst, but more risk.
-odd pally would get nerfed, in that it becomes possible to grind out the recruits if you survive long enough in standard.
-odd mage waits for frost lich anyways, slight nerf.
-even shaman(wild) gets a slight nerf, but doesnt really matter after you have 6+ mana anyways, since the cards played dont really cost more than 4mana on average in that deck.

the diff between DK and gen/baku is that DKs can be changed individually, and it wont affect other cards, whereas gen/baku nerfs could potentially affect justicar/raza if heroes have their powers changed, and that really destroys certain classic wild decks.

and if you really need to refresh the power, you can always just baleful banker them back into your deck. or getting creative, priests can try to psychic scream gen/baku to the opponents deck to seal off half their cards.