Tundra rhino: Nerf the Charge > change for Rush?

Play Mode Discussion
The pressure of the tundra rhino is obvious too strong ...
And too easy for the current face decks -_-

This classic card should be nerf ...
Replace the Charge > with the Rush ?
I'm fine with plain Tundra Rhino just like I'm fine with plain boring Doomguards/Leeroy.

Dire Frenzied Tundra Rhinos are ok too.

Stealthed Zombeast Tundra Rhinos are just broken overpowered.

So... If Deathstalker Rexxar will never get changed.... Rush is probably a better idea than charge......
Hadn't it been for Master's Call, Tundra Rhyno wouldn't see play. Neither would Dire Frenzy.

A 2/5 body is vulnerable and there have always been better turn 5 Midrange plays. A plain Fungalmancer would do the job. Rhyno came back just thanks to the card draw support Hunter received: Hyena wouldn't be here if not for the same reason.
02/21/2019 02:10 AMPosted by blackveiled
Hadn't it been for Master's Call, Tundra Rhyno wouldn't see play. Neither would Dire Frenzy.

A 2/5 body is vulnerable and there have always been better turn 5 Midrange plays. A plain Fungalmancer would do the job. Rhyno came back just thanks to the card draw support Hunter received: Hyena wouldn't be here if not for the same reason.

I was just thinking a 2/5 is a little hard to clear, these days. Especially if it's behind a taunt.
Let me guess; you just lost to it. D'aaw poor you. :(
5 mana 2/5 is such power play!

10 mana deal 10 with 5 cards? Almost a Pyroblast!

Hunter's not allowed to have a finisher, draw mechanics, tempo spells, value, or synergies!
02/20/2019 11:38 PMPosted by MYA

Tundra Rhino is susceptible to SW:Pain, Mossy Horror, Silence, Kill Command, and other minions that can trade into it...it has plenty of answers.

You just think that your deck is too good for tech cards.

The punishment for that is getting beaten by optimized decks that know how to manage their resources and use tech cards.
02/21/2019 05:02 AMPosted by EBSnike
5 mana 2/5 is such power play!

10 mana deal 10 with 5 cards? Almost a Pyroblast!

Hunter's not allowed to have a finisher, draw mechanics, tempo spells, value, or synergies!

If Paladin can never have a finisher ever, why should Hunter of all classes
I don't know about changing it to rush. But having something like "Charge. Adjacent minions have Charge." Would nerf it's power without reducing it's purpose.

On the assumption it's on the nerf table.
Nope, card is borderline as is.
I mean that wouldn't make sense compared to shaw

Yeah! Except for all those tempo spells... and value... and boatloads of beast synergies...

Are you even playing the same game?
So much players like to play the stupid face decks ?
What you can do without this rhino very OP ?
Or just some trolls with mass alt accounts ... LOL
02/21/2019 05:48 PMPosted by SquidLips

Yeah! Except for all those tempo spells... and value... and boatloads of beast synergies...

How did you manage to misinterpret my sentence in such spectacular fashion?

Point is, every card type hunter's got right now is being complained about. Literally everything.
If you keep losing to Tempo Hunter, it means your deck is just bad... or your deck is just unfavored.

Hunter is fine, the only thing I hate is the Deathrattle/Big Hunter. But that's a Control killer.
02/27/2019 02:35 AMPosted by EBSnike
02/21/2019 05:48 PMPosted by SquidLips

Point is, every card type hunter's got right now is being complained about. Literally everything.

And that's largely because the playerbase is garbage at the game.

Big, serious, crazy piles of garbage.

You can tell because we're to the point these idiots cant handle tundra rhino. The worlds slowest, most unreliable and mana inefficient combo play.

A turn 5 minion with 5 health! UNINSTALL!

You can literally trade into it without losing a single minion. No fancy removal or tech required. But since all that removal and tech is good against the rest of the deck as well as most of the meta maybe run it too.
02/27/2019 03:12 AMPosted by Gishgeron
02/27/2019 02:35 AMPosted by EBSnike

You can tell because we're to the point these idiots cant handle tundra rhino. The worlds slowest, most unreliable and mana inefficient combo play.

You can literally trade into it without losing a single minion. No fancy removal or tech required. But since all that removal and tech is good against the rest of the deck as well as most of the meta maybe run it too.

Rhino is perfectly fine. The lynx should lose their beast tag since they are cheap and super easy to trade, making the hyena a monster. But still the combo isnt broken if not for Rexxar then give rhino stealth...
02/27/2019 03:29 AMPosted by Nullspace
02/27/2019 03:12 AMPosted by Gishgeron

Rhino is perfectly fine. The lynx should lose their beast tag since they are cheap and super easy to trade, making the hyena a monster. But still the combo isnt broken if not for Rexxar then give rhino stealth...

0k let's disassemble that last part.

For a hunter to be using his hero card and power on a minion that has no immediate impact and does nothing to swing the board (that turn) he had to be so far ahead on board he feels safe completely tossing a mid game play

Note: these plays are what decide if he wins or loses the game.

So unless rhino stealth is the best possible choice he had (and that's a tanked pool, really) that's not ever going to be the case. Because if you're an aggressive deck hes not choosing an empty play....and if you're control there are too many tools to break that and set him back almost two full turns.

Now, on to Lynx.

A 2 mana 2/2 beast with rush is fine. 2 1 mana 1/1 beasts with rush are fine. A turn 4 play that costs 3 cards, requires a board to trigger, and rewards you with a 6/4 is unbelievably weak.

And it doesnt get stronger as you go. The removal and defensive tools ramp hard from 5 on.

To achieve anything with hyena before turn 4, you have to be leaving his tiny, low health, minions in play. Which is quite possibly the worst thing you could ever do when facing a tempo deck. And even if they get off 1 lynx to buff a turn 2 hyena....its still just a 3 health minion.

I'm fairly certain that, regardless of what deck you play....if you cant address 3 health on turn 3 your deck is bad and was going to lose to:

Henchclan thug
Vicious fledgling
Dire mole
02/20/2019 11:38 PMPosted by MYA

i mean its a 5 mana 2/5 with charge, its seems ok, just make sure that once 5 hits, you get ready to find a way to kill it once it drops. its probably one of the most important cards in that deck for tempo , but i think its fine
02/27/2019 08:59 AMPosted by Gishgeron
02/27/2019 03:29 AMPosted by Nullspace

0k let's disassemble that last part.

For a hunter to be using his hero card and power on a minion that has no immediate impact and does nothing to swing the board (that turn) he had to be so far ahead on board he feels safe completely tossing a mid game play

Note: these plays are what decide if he wins or loses the game.

So unless rhino stealth is the best possible choice he had (and that's a tanked pool, really) that's not ever going to be the case. Because if you're an aggressive deck hes not choosing an empty play....and if you're control there are too many tools to break that and set him back almost two full turns.

Now, on to Lynx.

A 2 mana 2/2 beast with rush is fine. 2 1 mana 1/1 beasts with rush are fine. A turn 4 play that costs 3 cards, requires a board to trigger, and rewards you with a 6/4 is unbelievably weak.

And it doesnt get stronger as you go. The removal and defensive tools ramp hard from 5 on.

To achieve anything with hyena before turn 4, you have to be leaving his tiny, low health, minions in play. Which is quite possibly the worst thing you could ever do when facing a tempo deck. And even if they get off 1 lynx to buff a turn 2 hyena....its still just a 3 health minion.

I'm fairly certain that, regardless of what deck you play....if you cant address 3 health on turn 3 your deck is bad and was going to lose to:

Henchclan thug
Vicious fledgling
Dire mole

Don't think you understand the problem with rexxar. Every deck have finite removal. Rexxar have infinite threat coupled with drawing a card a turn. He could easily play a spellstone, craft a beast and feel a stealth rhino is good considering he have hyena in hand with lynx or unleash the hound etc. Of cuz that's not the only problem with rexxar. But infinite threat vs finite removal. One will run out first. Not hard to guess which one.