Dedicated to Newbies & those stuck after rank 20,19 or so.

Play Mode Discussion
Finally Finally after playing years (started near beginning), I reached a gold huner and RANK 15 this month. I had been running around 17/18. About 2 months ago I realized I was over 300 wins with Hunter and decided I would go for the gold while the hunter decks were hot. If I could win 3 games a day, I would have my gold the end of January. And I won it. Just before the nerf.
And as I continued on playing actually 3 different hunter decks and starting to realize that the concentrated focusing the hunter gold and playing these decks over and over and over everyday, and becoming really aware of the cards and there synergies and advanced thru the ranks over the last few weeks and I reached 15 and made myself a better player. Of course when April comes and a mass of hunter cards saying goodbye, so might my rank 15. But right now I am so happy. Finally finally finally.
And to anyone struggling please hang in there. And yes I used a net deck, altered a bit but still. . . I am glad that someone or ones made it posted it , shared it.
Sincerely sennaseven.
Rank doesn't do anything actually.
Rank is just there so that people can remind other people about their rank.
"rank x here..."
"i'm rank y, so i'm right..."
blah blah blah

Be it the bottom of the barrel or the top, it's just the same barrel containing the same thing.
Grats and good luck!

02/21/2019 06:38 PMPosted by RedSpade
"rank x here..."
blah blah blah

Be it the bottom of the barrel or the top, it's just the same barrel containing the same thing.

What a lousy attempt to invalidate someone's progress. They're happy and trying to send a positive message to other players. What are you trying to achieve with your negativity?
Finally Finally after playing years (started near beginning), I reached a gold huner and RANK 15 this month. I had been running around 17/18. About 2 months ago I realized I was over 300 wins with Hunter and decided I would go for the gold while the hunter decks were hot. If I could win 3 games a day, I would have my gold the end of January. And I won it. Just before the nerf.
And as I continued on playing actually 3 different hunter decks and starting to realize that the concentrated focusing the hunter gold and playing these decks over and over and over everyday, and becoming really aware of the cards and there synergies and advanced thru the ranks over the last few weeks and I reached 15 and made myself a better player. Of course when April comes and a mass of hunter cards saying goodbye, so might my rank 15. But right now I am so happy. Finally finally finally.
And to anyone struggling please hang in there. And yes I used a net deck, altered a bit but still. . . I am glad that someone or ones made it posted it , shared it.
Sincerely sennaseven.

Grats, the knowledge and experience you gain will benefit you more in future even after rotation.

The better rank you have, the better your end-of-season reward is. So claiming rank "doesn't do anything" is technically incorrect.
Congrats dude
Rank is only a measure of how much you play. You find the same meta decks at rank 25 that you find at top Legend. The game itself is not very difficult to play. Unless you are a potato with enough time anyone can get Legend. The proof is that bots have made it to Legend and time is the one thing bots are always superior than humans in.
02/21/2019 07:28 PMPosted by Shuyin
Rank is only a measure of how much you play. You find the same meta decks at rank 25 that you find at top Legend. The game itself is not very difficult to play. Unless you are a potato with enough time anyone can get Legend.
The fact that you think that is a bit silly. Even just a quick gander at a VS report will show differences in the metas and performance rates of various decks. Additionally, the calibur of player you encounter in the 20-15 bracket is massively different from the 5-legend one, let alone top legend.

I'm not claiming this game is the pinnacle of intellectual mastery or anything (nor was it even designed to be) but you honestly come across as insulting to the lower ranked players who still struggle with certain aspects of the game. That doesn't make them "potatoes", they just have more room for improvement.

Also, to the OP: congrats! A personal best is a personal best, nomatter what rank it is. Keep plugging away, keep learning and you'll keep developing as a player.
Congrats
"rank x here..."
blah blah blah

Ok so... How can I get to rank 5 barely losing a game, sometimes winning 11 in a row, but then when I reach a higher rank with higher skilled players, the games become much closer and win rate starts to even out. Is it because it's all the same? Or MAYBE could it b that better players are playing in higher ranks? Really makes me wonder
Rank is only a measure of how much you play. You find the same meta decks at rank 25 that you find at top Legend. The game itself is not very difficult to play. Unless you are a potato with enough time anyone can get Legend. The proof is that bots have made it to Legend and time is the one thing bots are always superior than humans in.

Yeah... That's just not true. I have many friends and we all play about the same time each month. Some of us are in legend, other rank 15, it's pretty clear when we fight who's a higher skilled player. So... Idc if bots have hit legend. Some people are better then others at this game and that's just a fact
02/21/2019 07:13 PMPosted by Madmax

The better rank you have, the better your end-of-season reward is. So claiming rank "doesn't do anything" is technically incorrect.

100%
And I don't care what anyone says rank does show a certain amount of skill and deft dedication to the game.

Congrats OP and good luck in the future.

I find that statement to be false...some of the decks are a lot alike but at the top of the ladder a few diff cards added and great play make a world of difference.
And the anyone can get to legend is just wrong and silly.
75% of players are between ranks 25 and 15. People on this forum are weird.