Who would of thought creating 23 extra cards a game was a great way to win

Play Mode Discussion
02/03/2019 02:37 AMPosted by Wintropy
Each Zombeast is made of 2 cards...

Zombeasts sum is also greater than its parts....... If the zombeasts were real cards they would be nerfed...

It’s not untrue. Gosh, I remember playing DK Rexx when he was new - it didn’t take long to figure out that Dispatch Kodo plus anything was amazing, especially if paired with Poisonous.

But I think everyone’s forgotten just how much of a “joke card” he was considered on release. Hunter wasn’t even on the radar during Frozen Throne; it wasn’t until Kobolds that Spell and Deathrattle Hunter started showing up, and by extension, DK Rexx.

DK Rexx is a great card, but its great because its one of Hunter’s only tools to playing the long game. Hunter has weak card draw, no guaranteed OTK’s, and no big late game brutes outside of Kathrena and Play Dead shenanigans. DK Rexx, for the most part, is good just because it’s filling a void that’s existed for a long time in Hunter - Rexx is amazing, but he can’t carry Hunter alone.
I'm not asking for a nerf. I'm simply stating a fact. Rexxar is busted. It's only a few months until rotations, its kind of comical at this point that you cant even admit it.

I can perfectly admit that some of the zombeasts have crazy potential, specifically the ones that include vicious scalehide as a component -but if you "don't want a nerf" then you have no need to create a thread for whining when there are literally other 30+ talking about the same topic -seems to me you are trying to play the mathyr, a role you do very badly
02/03/2019 02:20 PMPosted by RhokDelar
I'm not asking for a nerf. I'm simply stating a fact. Rexxar is busted. It's only a few months until rotations, its kind of comical at this point that you cant even admit it.

I can perfectly admit that some of the zombeasts have crazy potential, specifically the ones that include vicious scalehide as a component -but if you "don't want a nerf" then you have no need to create a thread for whining when there are literally other 30+ talking about the same topic -seems to me you are trying to play the mathyr, a role you do very badly

and you are better for whining about people's whining? It's a public forum, I can post whatever I want as long as its in the ToS HunterWeapon. I'm assuming you mean "Martyr" as well, which makes no sense what-so-ever. You might want to google this definition(It's free)... While you are at it, how about you google the PLETHORA of incredible zombeasts that most classes would give their left nut to include as just cards in their deck (Spoiler, there are a lot more than just vicious scalehide combines)
02/03/2019 02:05 PMPosted by Teo
02/03/2019 02:37 AMPosted by Wintropy
Each Zombeast is made of 2 cards...

Zombeasts sum is also greater than its parts....... If the zombeasts were real cards they would be nerfed...

It’s not untrue. Gosh, I remember playing DK Rexx when he was new - it didn’t take long to figure out that Dispatch Kodo plus anything was amazing, especially if paired with Poisonous.

But I think everyone’s forgotten just how much of a “joke card” he was considered on release. Hunter wasn’t even on the radar during Frozen Throne; it wasn’t until Kobolds that Spell and Deathrattle Hunter started showing up, and by extension, DK Rexx.

DK Rexx is a great card, but its great because its one of Hunter’s only tools to playing the long game. Hunter has weak card draw, no guaranteed OTK’s, and no big late game brutes outside of Kathrena and Play Dead shenanigans. DK Rexx, for the most part, is good just because it’s filling a void that’s existed for a long time in Hunter - Rexx is amazing, but he can’t carry Hunter alone.

On top of that, standard is infested with life steal rush beasts while wild is diluted with the first three years of the game. As soon as they changed that mechanic during what was it, KoFT? We saw a bunch more life steal rush cards come to play while Vanilla beasts up until pre KoFT saw taunts, some deathrattles, and very few poisonous minions.

Let's hope for nest rotation's sake they really consider their design perspective on powerful cards that shift entire decks and metas. I think powerful tools are good for the game, but I do not think that decks held by one or two cards or forced synergy is good. DK Rexxar will recede back into the shadows once wild rotation happens unless they pump more and more crazy beasts for hunters to abuse in wild. How it is in Wild is that Hunter really doesn't have the strong presence like it does in Standard.
But it is not a fact. It's your opinion. It isn't even something you've bothered to substantiate with any solid evidence or rhetoric.

Rexxar is exceptionally good against fatigue strategies, or anything else that is just absurdly slow. Like you said in the title, you allowed your opponent to use their value engine for 23 turns, instead of applying any sort of pressure to keep them from using it. That's 46 mana you allowed them to spend drawing cards instead of having to defend.

Even Big-Spell Mage, slow as it is, should be able to beat Rexxar often enough, with proper play. Control Priest (the one with a win condition) doesn't care about Rexxar much at all. It's only when Rexxar can afford to spend 20 turns and 40 mana on their value engine that it becomes especially good.

The card is not good under the vast majority of circumstances where tempo matters. Every minion generated costs an extra 2 mana. The value doesn't start to matter until turn 12.

The point is, practically every deck with a win condition that it actively seeks out should be able to do well enough against Rexxar. Most decks do very well when their opponent practically skips turn 6, and then spends all of turn 7 playing a 5-drop, and all of turn 8 playing a 6-drop. You can't call Rexxar overpowered just because you happen to be playing one of the few archetypes he shines against.
02/03/2019 03:04 PMPosted by ilikeeggs
But it is not a fact. It's your opinion. It isn't even something you've bothered to substantiate with any solid evidence or rhetoric.

Rexxar is exceptionally good against fatigue strategies, or anything else that is just absurdly slow. Like you said in the title, you allowed your opponent to use their value engine for 23 turns, instead of applying any sort of pressure to keep them from using it. That's 46 mana you allowed them to spend drawing cards instead of having to defend.

Even Big-Spell Mage, slow as it is, should be able to beat Rexxar often enough, with proper play. Control Priest (the one with a win condition) doesn't care about Rexxar much at all. It's only when Rexxar can afford to spend 20 turns and 40 mana on their value engine that it becomes especially good.

The card is not good under the vast majority of circumstances where tempo matters. Every minion generated costs an extra 2 mana. The value doesn't start to matter until turn 12.

The point is, practically every deck with a win condition that it actively seeks out should be able to do well enough against Rexxar. Most decks do very well when their opponent practically skips turn 6, and then spends all of turn 7 playing a 5-drop, and all of turn 8 playing a 6-drop. You can't call Rexxar overpowered just because you happen to be playing one of the few archetypes he shines against.

Ok... im not gonna lie, didnt even bother reading this xD!

Rexxar is OP. End of story.
02/03/2019 03:13 PMPosted by xlux

more like: bias, end of your story
02/03/2019 03:17 PMPosted by RhokDelar

more like: bias, end of your story

Yes, i have a bias towards not being a moron, most definitely.

My claim: you have provided practically zero evidence or rhetoric to substantiate your opinion. I even provided a bunch of reasons why Rexxar is likely just fine.

Your response: "I don't need to understand counter-arguments, and I certainly don't need to back up anything I say. I'm obviously correct, even if I can't be bothered to provide evidence for that."
Don’t blame Rexxy
He’s one of the best designed cards ever released when it comes to bringing interesting and varied gameplay to the game.

You only issue is with infinite value.
Which I can agree with

I would take Rexxy over Jade Idols and Kingsbane any day of the week though because at least nothing is guaranteed with Rexxar, your not just making a larger and larger man. Or just buffing an infinite weapon all game.
Your using the info you have in front of you and making possibly game deciding decisions.
How is that a bad thing?

Ps if your really really really desperate to beat those“silly” RexxarHunters and nothing else
Play control Warrior with Deadman’s hand and the DK
You fight his infinite value with your own infinite value
by shuffling an Acolyte of Pain/ Execute/ Brawl and a late game threat like a LichKing in.
You hero power Execute anything he plays,
Brawl big boards, cycle your hand with acolyte and play your Lich King when you have tempo. Then repeat because of Deadman’s hand

I’ll admit it’s a terrible deck against 99% of things
Buuuuuuuut
Those pesky Rexxars won’t know what to do ;)
02/03/2019 05:21 PMPosted by ilikeeggs

My claim: you have provided practically zero evidence or rhetoric to substantiate your opinion. I even provided a bunch of reasons why Rexxar is likely just fine.

Your response: "I don't need to understand counter-arguments, and I certainly don't need to back up anything I say. I'm obviously correct, even if I can't be bothered to provide evidence for that."

I love how everyone here thinks they are like a debate team captain or something.

Ok, heres a very simple argument for you dance around like a ninny and for you to act like you are this completely unbiased analyzer of cards. (Spoiler: You are not)

What other SINGLE card has the POTENTIAL to even generate HALF the mana worth of cards as deathstalker rexxar? Games can go on into many turns of fatigue, and I will even make it easier for you. We will set the average minion at 6 mana, and say 25 turns for maximum potential.

THAT IS 156 mana worth of value out of one card (6 mana to account for armor and consecrate). Why would you not put this card in a hunter deck? EVER? It would be like playing FIFA or Madden without the ability to pass the ball. You are literally just missing out on a core mechanic if you dont have this legendary.

Also notice, that this doesn't take key strengths into account.
1. THE DISCOVER MECHANIC - Having the option to search for the EXACT answers you need is incredibly powerful. It's part of what made discover effects so powerful.
2. You are free to use this mana how you choose. It is not all in one swoop like N'zoth or Gul'dan.
3. That the beasts generated are sometimes WAY above their power curve when related to their cost due to one and two drops with insane keywords.

So lets look at some of the things that pop into mind.

Jaina - MAXIMUM potential if played on turn 9 and if you somehow have an opponent dumb enough to play 1 health minions every turn(will never happen). Around 80 to 86 mana.

Guldan - MAXIMUM potential if you summon 7 voidlords (will almost never happen) is 63 mana for the minions, and I will value guldan's hero power at 3 since it is so good. would be another 63 mana over 21 turns, so maximum potential is 123 mana, but will be much lower realisitically.

ALL THREE OF THESE CARDS ARE TRASH. No other card can even come CLOSE to comparing to the sheer POWER that these awfully designed cards can give you. Yet Rexxar is still easily the best one. Even in situations that are literally impossible to happen, Rexxar can outvalue both of them just by clicking his hero power.

If you compare Rexxar to normal cards that arn't badly designed, it just starts to become laughable.

REXXAR. IS. BROKEN.
02/03/2019 05:21 PMPosted by ilikeeggs
...My claim: you have provided practically zero evidence or rhetoric to substantiate your opinion. I even provided a bunch of reasons why Rexxar is likely just fine.

I love how everyone here thinks they are like a debate team captain or something.

Ok, heres a very simple argument for you dance around like a ninny and for you to act like you are this completely unbiased analyzer of cards. (Spoiler: You are not)

What other SINGLE card has the POTENTIAL to even generate HALF the mana worth of as deathstalker rexxar? Games can go on into many turns of fatigue, and I will even make it easier for you. We will set the average minion at 6 mana, and say 25 turns for maximum potential.

THAT IS 156 mana worth of value out of one card (6 mana to account for armor and consecrate)

Also notice, that this doesn't take a key strengths into account.
1. THE DISCOVER MECHANIC - Having the option to search for the EXACT answers you need is incredibly powerful. It's part of what made discover effects so powerful.
2. You are free to use this mana how you choose. It is not all in one swoop like N'zoth or Gul'dan.

So lets look at some of the things that pop into mind.

Jaina - MAXIMUM potential if played on turn 9 and if you somehow have an opponent dumb enough to play 1 health minions every turn(will never happen). Around 80 to 86 mana.

Guldan - MAXIMUM potential if you summon 7 voidlords (will almost never happen) is 63 mana for the minions, and I will value guldan's hero power at 3 since it is so good. would be enough 60 mana over 20 turns, so maximum potential is 123 mana, but will be much lower realisitically.

ALL THREE OF THESE CARDS ARE TRASH. No other card can even come CLOSE to comparing to the sheer POWER that these awfully designed cards can give you. Yet Rexxar is still easily the best one. Even in situations that are literally impossible to happen, Rexxar can outvalue both of them just by clicking his hero power.

REXXAR. IS. BROKEN.

Jade Idol
Kings bane
Deadman’s Hand

You just don’t like the card
Get over it and move on mate
jade idol is another card that generates ton of value, but it isn't dominating wild at all, just like rexxar: proof that hunter and it's DK isn't actually broken but standard is just full of trash

and talking about trash... are you seriously calling FLJ and gul'dan trash? like, really? ok, time to stop thinking there's a minimum of seriousness on this post
02/03/2019 03:04 PMPosted by ilikeeggs

To be fair if you play it on curve, you probably build later turn beasts and just play other things from your hand. My perfect curve for spellhunter if I have to play him on curve is turn 7 build beast and spellstone. Turn 8 another build beast and to my side.

its almost like overload that you pay the price for on the turn you are currently on, so you can weave in extra mana from 7 on to have super efficient turns later when you choose. This, along with the unconditional nature of the hero power (ie no FLJ ping to death condition to get value) makes it such a consistent and easily includable card.
02/03/2019 05:57 PMPosted by RhokDelar
jade idol is another card that generates ton of value, but it isn't dominating wild at all, just like rexxar: proof that hunter and it's DK isn't actually broken but standard is just full of trash

and talking about trash... are you seriously calling FLJ and gul'dan trash? like, really? ok, time to stop thinking there's a minimum of seriousness on this post

Wild is stupid, I could care less about that format.

Jade idol dominated the hell out of standard, so I dont know what the hell you are on about.

And I was calling all three of the deathknights trash. L2read. They are trash in terms of design as they are way more powerful than any other single card by a ridiculous margin.
02/03/2019 06:06 PMPosted by xlux

Wild is stupid, I could care less about that format.

Jade idol dominated the hell out of standard, so I dont know what the hell you are on about.

And I was calling all three of the deathknights trash. L2read.

I think you might need a Snickers mate

All that babble about needing evidence and this is your illustrious response. Color me not surprised.

This is why its just better to say REXXAR IS OP. END OF STORY.
02/03/2019 05:53 PMPosted by xFoobs

Jade Idol
Kings bane
Deadman’s Hand

You just don’t like the card
Get over it and move on mate

All three of those cards are a joke compared to Rexxar. Just because a card has "infinite value" doesnt mean that its comparable to Rexxar. Rexxar does so many other things than just give you infinite value. Not to mention i said SINGLE card. You need two deadmans hands to go infinite, and good luck arguing 1 frickin kingsbane and jade idol with no support even compares to Rexxar.

You just like an OP card. Get over it mate.
02/03/2019 06:14 PMPosted by xlux
All that babble about needing evidence and this is your illustrious response. Color me not surprised.

alas, you are the one saying is OP, not me, so who is the one supposed to present evidence? yeah, not me dude
02/03/2019 06:39 PMPosted by RhokDelar
02/03/2019 06:14 PMPosted by xlux

alas, you are the one saying is OP, not me, so who is the one supposed to present evidence? yeah, not me dude

so refute the evidence I just gave you. Is this a difficult concept?