Make concecration 3 damage now

Play Mode Discussion
Cause you know Equality
02/04/2019 02:54 PMPosted by Merboy
Cause you know Equality

Only if you have a dragon in hand and want to leave a 3/3 body

Only then would it be fair
Equality and Pyromancer is still a good boardclear.
You think you gonna live that long? All these nerfs lately have just made it that much harder to stop rush... Yet good anti rush cards sure are hard to come by
02/04/2019 03:03 PMPosted by Pißwasser
Equality and Pyromancer is still a good boardclear.
...Says who?

Warlock gets 8 mana, single-card, Priest gets 7 mana, single-card.
Warrior gets 5 mana, kill almost everything.

I do agree with the general rule not to compare class cards directly, but I also agree with this rule:

2-card combinations need to be better than a single-card equivalent to be any good, because of the added cost (extra card) and lower reliability. There is a very real cost to playing a 2-card combo that can't often be played in parts.

Now, if we are saying that Paladin isn't supposed to be able to clear a board like that, then fine. We can rebalance/rebrand classes if needed. But it should be stated.

Also, Paladin should get something else in return to ensure viability. I mean, it has one archetype left now, sure, but relying on a ridiculous hero power is not a good long-term plan for a class.

At least Paladin isn't as shafted as Druid was?
02/04/2019 03:41 PMPosted by ilikeeggs

Also, Paladin should get something else in return to ensure viability. I mean, it has one archetype left now, sure, but relying on a ridiculous hero power is not a good long-term plan for a class.

[/quote]This is a big one for me. Blasting away at core cards months away from expansions that are already finished is frustrating. If Paladin isn't supposed to be able to efficiently clear the board, then fine. At least give us something good in return that isn't LOLALLTHERECRUITZES!!

Midrange already can't live up to the power ceiling set by the current archetypes. Hopefully the rotation is at least half as impactful as I'd like it to be.
You can make it into 3 damage yourself, it's called BM Thalnos.

Now stop complaining about your otk dexk being nerfed and quit spamming these boards...
Consecration's fine as it is. Equality simply needs to be changed so it affects the opponent's field only, that'd be fair for a 4 mana card.
You know, I always did think conc was at a weird price point for the damage.

Still, if the damage was amped, I’d say it’d have to become 5 mana, and scrap the face damage. Even then, safer to create a new card like this than edit Conc itself, just so it’d still be around for those who want it.
02/04/2019 03:41 PMPosted by ilikeeggs
...Says who?

Warlock gets 8 mana, single-card, Priest gets 7 mana, single-card.
Warrior gets 5 mana, kill almost everything.

I do agree with the general rule not to compare class cards directly, but I also agree with this rule:

2-card combinations need to be better than a single-card equivalent to be any good, because of the added cost (extra card) and lower reliability. There is a very real cost to playing a 2-card combo that can't often be played in parts.

The kicker is that pally doesn't really have other options while classed mentioned have duskbreaker mass hysteria, defile hellfire, godfrey, reckless fury etc. On top of that the classed above like warrior have some top notch single target removal and pally is kinda lacking on that front too.

Pally is becoming a class with many endgame control tools that could never be used efficiently cause he can never get there vs aggro.

But guess what , divine favor and blessing of might are still there so we know what kind of pally they're okay with for the foreseeable future.
Maybe Pally isn't meant to be a best control class?
Sometimes when I read those forums, I feel like people would would like every class to be exactly the same good at everything, aggro, control. combo. midrange, etc.

But ask yourself a question, were does it leave class identity? If everyone can do anything and in similar way, what is the point of classes then?