Boring and poorly thought out meta, and I'm quitting again

Play Mode Discussion
Made it to rank 10, and the game is so boring from what the meta is.

OTK with no real interaction, or control priest with 6-8 board wipes, never needing to even interact with me. Rinse repeat. Same things over and over.

I play online to have human interaction, unexpected choices and decisions. But this is just a single-player game now.

Such a shame. Had so much potential. Like HotS. But poorly planned and implemented.

Good luck everyone.
Sorry about the Competitive Card Game. Next time, Blizzard will make a game where it's just a human interaction and unexpected choices and decisions and no winning.
You play online for human interaction.

Did you even read what you wrote?

Sounds like the musings of a crazy person.
02/26/2019 04:31 PMPosted by Pumaster
I play online to have human interaction

This alone breaks all credibility you could ever have.
We're at the tail end of a bizarre meta in my opinion. Most people have tuned there decks and are playing a handful of proven to work decks. I think when this rotation comes the meta is going to change a great deal and bring hopefully some fresh dynamics.

Baku and Genn will still be around in all there glory but many of the powerhouse decks are losing key pieces. Dks, quests, etc.

I for one am holding out some hope that the game is more enjoyable post rotation. For now it's just dailies, hit rank 10 for my chest and card back and save gold for next xpac.
I don't care if people quit Hearthstone. I have even encouraged it if they find the game too stale or boring and not fun or whatever. Play what you enjoy. But sometimes they say some dumb things in their "goodbye"-threads that I have to call out.

OTK with no real interaction, or control priest with 6-8 board wipes, never needing to even interact with me.
So killing your minions is not "interacting" with you? What DO you consider as "real interaction"? Smacking minions at each other over and over again until you run out of cards?

I play online to have human interaction
And you chose Hearthstone, a digital collectible CARD GAME, out of all things for that?

Sorry, but that's dumb. Play an MMO game, Battle Royale, MOBA or something instead.

But this is just a single-player game now.
This is an argument I never understood. Why some people see OTK-deck players as "NPCs" and not actual players? Why aggro-players who go only for face don't get called that? Or ANY other decks for that matter.

The more I think about it, the more retarded "this is just a single-player game now"-statement sounds.

But poorly planned and implemented.
I like how some people actually think Hearthstone designers are "planning" the meta for this game. You're giving them too much credit. They do try to make new deck archetypes. But they don't decide what the meta is. Players are.

And the game seems to be working just fine, so it's well enough "implemented".

Good luck everyone.
With your logic and reasoning, good luck to you too.
I for one am holding out some hope that the game is more enjoyable post rotation. For now it's just dailies, hit rank 10 for my chest and card back and save gold for next xpac.

I don't see any sign things will change... I don't think team 5 still has the ability to turn this around. If you look at their approach to the game in the last 5 years it's not good. I don't like the cards they make or the ideas they have (shudderwock, patches, Mecha'Cthun...).

They will just make the usual OP archetypes that make the game unenjoyable.