Uh... Explain?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
While this change is more funny than anything.....I don't know if I approve of Blizz nerfing boobs. XD
I would guess it's for China and other conservative markets.
02/05/2019 06:43 PMPosted by Silverangel

you can localize text no reason you can't do it for art too
What if she just wanted to feel sexy? Now Blizz is cleavage shaming her.

Political correctness fail on Blizzard's part.

Then let those conservative markets have it. China already has different card art for some cards, so why should this be different? Seriously I just dont like it, to me its like covering the genitals on the Statue of David 'cos some are against nudity. Art is art and should be viewed in its original form, not censored.
02/05/2019 06:47 PMPosted by Bowser

Then let those conservative markets have it. China already has different card art for some cards, so why should this be different? Seriously I just dont like it, to me its like covering the genitals on the Statue of David 'cos some are against nudity. Art is art and should be viewed in its original form, not censored.
Is this the beginning of a #freejainastatas movement?
02/05/2019 07:07 PMPosted by Wardrum
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Is this the beginning of a #freejainastatas movement?

Dont tempt me, you know as well as I do that I am not the right person to lead that charge, it would only end badly. I just agree with this threads title - at bare minimum we should get an explanation as to why this particular piece of art was tampered with when far more "revealing" artwork was left untouched, as per the discussion in discord not long ago. I'm not even willing to post those art pieces here 'cos I dont want them butchering other peoples work any more for whatever PC movement they are on atm.
In all seriousness I didn't even notice until this thread
02/05/2019 06:47 PMPosted by Hephaestus
What if she just wanted to feel sexy? Now Blizz is cleavage shaming her.

Political correctness fail on Blizzard's part.

I remember back in the 70s, women showing their breasts and not wearing bras was a mark of female empowerment, of having control over their bodies.

Covering women was seen as a misogynistic way of men controlling female sexuality.

Seems Blizz wants to go back to 19th century oppressive morals? Or maybe force all female characters to wear Burkhas so as to not appeal to men?

There IS a reason why "progressives" are called "regressives", and it isn't a mere joke.
She's frost spec... needed to cover up more.

02/05/2019 06:10 PMPosted by minami
Like...
People get triggered more easy every time.

God, I hope the irony here is intended.
02/05/2019 07:31 PMPosted by Lykotic
In all seriousness I didn't even notice until this thread

I didn't either... I do however find it funny.

Edit: Funny and confusing... I find it hard to believe that there are many people who thought she needed that extra bit of clothing actually play this or any other game.

Then again I'm talking about this subject without actually logging into the game and checking it myself. I actually believe this is true, without easily proving it to myself. Which is rare for me... And... Sad for Blizzard. Because I do believe that as a company they can be bullied.

Not into an bullied auto-squelch... But... Into things far less important. And frankly, I don't see AS as important either... So... take that as you will.
Is there a blue post about this????
02/05/2019 06:47 PMPosted by Bowser

+1 from me. I agree.
Just think about this... Changing a profile of a female avatar was considered way more important than nerfing Barnes. Let that sink in for a moment.
02/05/2019 09:57 PMPosted by WonderBuster
Just think about this... Changing a profile of a female avatar was considered way more important than nerfing Barnes. Let that sink in for a moment.

I dont want to derail this thread on that tangent as art and programming are unrelated, but:

"I wonder if it's more the kind of player that plays Big Priest doesn't use social media, or because the deck is associated with not being skillful they just don't come to defend it publicly. Maybe it's just one Big Priest player hacking our data to make us believe there are many."

Dean Ayala.
I am not sure what confuses me more: Blizzard changing the art or a two page thread about a small layer of clothing more.
So many players QQing about a tiny cosmetic change...lol.
02/05/2019 10:45 PMPosted by Lokisdottir
I am not sure what confuses me more: Blizzard changing the art or a two page thread about a small layer of clothing more.

Communication is key. When Witchwood Grizzly's artwork was changed to properly convey that it was indeed a beast, and not a spirit, we were told about it and it made sense.

Now we have them going overboard on being "PC" by introducing gay characters to Overwatch (seriously, who gives a crap about the sexual orientation of characters in a computer game???) and now, without warning, changing the artwork of a hero in HS despite the fact that there are many more "offensive", and I use that term loosely, artworks existing within the game left untouched.

Yes, I am irritated by it, and its mostly fueled by my daughter coming home yesterday (first day at school for the year) with an exercise book for her "science" class that had a picture of the Vitruvian Man on the cover. A science book for 12 year olds dares to use a picture like that while removing the genitalia of the picture??? How the hell are you going to teach science to people of that age if you cant teach anatomy??? How is it offensive???

Then we get this today (unannounced) change today in HS, and and I'm honestly starting to think the the western society is regressing. Its not the 1950's anymore, there is no need to cover up a bit of cleavage. There is no reason to have gay characters in games if they dont fit.

Its just a stupid publicity stunt, and all they are gonna get is the WRONG publicity from it.
Yet they didn't change Tyrande who has as much skin as post "nerf" Jaina on display nor Lunara whos chest is only just about covered by a couple of leaves.

Bloodsail raider has her full cleavage in view and bra on show.
Pint sized summoner has bo.ob/belly cut out dress.
pit fighter has a scary big green cleavage.
the val'kyr card arts wear skimpy outfits, some show way more than Jaina.
sylvanis still has her pre covered up outfit (in wow they added a corset).
priestess of elume has some.
bunch of female based cards show mid-riff.

I don't know why change one and leave all the others ?
Frost lich Jaina is still rockin the old cleavage. I demand a correction on that card as well.

My sense of fashion consistency is offended and honestly i cannot have that.