Uh... Explain?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
02/07/2019 11:26 PMPosted by Bowser
If you get all "giggly" about a bit of cartoon cleavage, I'd go talk to a professional.

If you were offended by Jainas pre-nerf cleavage, you should go talk to a professional. See how this works?

I agree with the first part but I don't see how "this works" - maybe you can explain?

To be absolutely clear: I wasn't bothered by old Jaina and I'm not at all bothered by the new Jaina. I am a grown-up man and I don't get "giggly" about a bit of cartoon cleavage.

Full disclosure: I find the reaction to the new Jaina absolutely hilarious.

02/07/2019 11:19 PMPosted by Lemminkäinen
You don't have the slightest clue how commercial art works, do you?

Art is art and should not be censored without reason. So what is the reason?

When you buy art from an artist you have a great deal of control over the resulting piece. It is usually adjusted several times according to the buyer's whims. It isn't normally seen as censorship.
02/07/2019 11:49 PMPosted by Silverangel
02/07/2019 10:52 PMPosted by Bowser
So give me a logical reason the art was changed for the WESTERN community as well, while options exist to remove it from the Chinese community alone then.

There isnt one. China are welcome to have their own culture, rules and regulations, but convince me that given the fact that they are able to introduce alternate card art to remove the skeletal figures (culture), and introduce the purchase of DUST instead of card packs (rules and regulations), that they are the driving force behind Jainas art change going global.

1. Laziness, they don't want to bother regionalizing the hero portraits.
2. Gesture of goodwill to China.
3. Some important people said why don't we just make this change globally because cleavage, and then we don't have to bother with localizing see #1.
4. China isn't the only highly conservative market.

1. Takes far more work to upgrade 4 servers than just 1.
2. Why provide a gesture when none is need given the FACT they have full control over the artwork which is seen on their servers?
3. Piss poor excuse. IF, and its a big IF, that is the reason then Blizzard as a company really has died.
4. China is the country you claimed was behind it.

02/07/2019 11:51 PMPosted by Lemminkäinen
When you buy art from an artist you have a great deal of control over the resulting piece. It is usually adjusted several times according to the buyer's whims. It isn't normally seen as censorship.

Can the artist come to your house and alter that piece of art 6 years after you gained ownership of it? I dont think so!
There isn't much evidence China is behind this but they censored their own TV drama because it showed too much cleavage.

https://youtu.be/k3cKyHboLh8
Let's talk data!

My winrate with Jaina has dropped by 12% since the nerfs. This is obviously a heavy handed approach to balancing, and my opponents have begun to concentrate on the game rather than ogling at my Hero Portrait. Blizzard, undo the nerfs to the sake of balance!
02/08/2019 12:00 AMPosted by Bowser
02/07/2019 11:51 PMPosted by Lemminkäinen

Can the artist come to your house and alter that piece of art 6 years after you gained ownership of it? I dont think so!

'Work for hire' under U.S. law means that you created the artwork as an employee of a company so the work actually belongs to the company and not you (unless an agreement states otherwise).

...I'm honestly kinda dumbfounded that these things seemingly come as a surprise to you.
02/08/2019 12:22 AMPosted by Lemminkäinen
<span class="truncated">...</span>

'Work for hire' under U.S. law means that you created the artwork as an employee of a company so the work actually belongs to the company and not you (unless an agreement states otherwise).

...I'm honestly kinda dumbfounded that these things seemingly come as a surprise to you.

I am not a US citizen, so no, I am not familiar with your laws. I am familiar with the defamation of art though, and I dont care where you come from, that is EXACTLY what this change is.

I am dumbfounded you cant see this
02/07/2019 10:08 PMPosted by Jezq

Go back and read my comments in this thread aand you might understand why I am against this change. page 2. its not for the reasons you assume, thats a fact.

Yeah... I saw you ranting on about 'pc' censorship, and comparing Jaina to the Statue Of David... :D

02/07/2019 06:30 AMPosted by Right
I love your ignorant generalization and your astonishing cluelessness as to how the real world works.

You're bitter because no one looks at you, or you're bitter that they do.

Either way, bitter.

You think the only people that should find women attractive are teenagers?

OR, is it the behavioral presentation?

Because, honey, grown men still get giggly at "boobies".

Maybe you're the one who needs to grow up and get real.

Yeah, um, 'honey', I'm quite aware of how a grown man thinks, and no, I don't obsess about Jaina's boobies.

Do you always quote people and then lie about what they said even though you just quoted them placing the evidence right in front of people's faces?
When did I say one second that you obsessed about Jainas boobies?
When?
I never even typed the word obsessed!
Not in the quote you quoted...
Freaking liar
Blizzard as a whole right now is swirling around the toilet bowl. HOTS competitive being abandoned this year, Overwatch becoming an unsalvagable dumpster fire because that game's incompetent developers would rather prop up a competitive series that's barely above surface level, an absolutely cringeworthy Diablo Immortals reveal, WoW hemorrhaging players and money, and now this bull!@#$ where they're simply catering to the puritanical mindset who probably wouldn't even drop a %^-*!@# dime in this game. I mean, what the hell? Are they this fixated with going belly up that they are doing everything they can to piss off the loyal playerbase?

I am not a US citizen, so no, I am not familiar with your laws. I am familiar with the defamation of art though, and I dont care where you come from, that is EXACTLY what this change is.

I am dumbfounded you cant see this

I'm not from the US but Blizzard is so their law seemed most relevant. I do wonder if your country somehow has absolutely crazy creator's rights, though. I doubt it but I suppose anything is possible.

As for defamation... well, I suggest you check what that word actually means.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation
Seriously is there an addon that you can put up different picture on scree during hearthstone match ?

If blizzard won't fix it we should do it ourselves.
02/06/2019 06:24 AMPosted by Morthasa
My thoughts:

1) Not a big deal

2) Ok, but why though?

3) Exactly because it's not a big deal, they should have mentioned it in the patch notes and/or an official post like they did when they changed the art for Witchwood Grizzly. This way it just makes them look bad for trying to sneak it past the community.

4) Forum avatar still has the old image

It is kinda big deal if game companies randomly start censoring stuff. Especially when the game has been out for 4-5 years. Kinda unacceptable and unwarranted.

Yeah... I saw you ranting on about 'pc' censorship, and comparing Jaina to the Statue Of David... :D

Yeah, um, 'honey', I'm quite aware of how a grown man thinks, and no, I don't obsess about Jaina's boobies.

Do you always quote people and then lie about what they said even though you just quoted them placing the evidence right in front of people's faces?
When?
Freaking liar

Lol. Where did I quote you as saying anything? I was laughing at the butthurt overgrown kids on this thread. Yeah, you included. Your posts here do come across as a tad obsessive. What exactly have I lied about? Mainly I was just pointing out your terrible behaviour, I mean, what was all that stuff about me being a bitter woman? That was some teen school stuff right there...

Have you got a history of calling everyone who says something you don't like a liar? Coz it sounds a bit familiar...

Fwiw, no, I don't 'get giggly' about Jaina's bazookas either. I'm fascinated by the fact that you seem to think doing so is something to be so defensive about, though :)
02/07/2019 11:41 PMPosted by Bowser

And done. Sorry Jezq, but you are pushing me to my limits and as you are one of few posters here that I have a degree of respect for I am walking away, with this leaving comment: kindly dont put words in my mouth as you have recently.

I'd say the same. You lay into me when I didn't even criticise your posts. I read them, point out your interlacing them with anti 'pc' paranoia garbage and you deny it.

I like your Hearthstone posts a lot, so I'm sad that you buy into this bs. Unless you can prove the nonsense you're spouting, of course.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

When?
Freaking liar

Lol. Where did I quote you as saying anything? I was laughing at the butthurt overgrown kids on this thread. Yeah, you included. Your posts here do come across as a tad obsessive. What exactly have I lied about? Mainly I was just pointing out your terrible behaviour, I mean, what was all that stuff about me being a bitter woman? That was some teen school stuff right there...

Have you got a history of calling everyone who says something you don't like a liar? Coz it sounds a bit familiar...

Fwiw, no, I don't 'get giggly' about Jaina's bazookas either. I'm fascinated by the fact that you seem to think doing so is something to be so defensive about, though :)

I want everyone to read above, then click this link.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20771167039?page=6#post-108

"It" very clearly quoted me then made a series of inaccurate comments, including..

"Yeah, um, 'honey', I'm quite aware of how a grown man thinks, and no, I don't obsess about Jaina's boobies."

When I never said ONCE that I think they "obsess" about anything.

And Jezq, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you quoted the wrong person and didn't know who you were speaking to because you were having some issue.
02/08/2019 06:14 AMPosted by Right

"It" very clearly quoted me then made a series of inaccurate comments, including..

"Yeah, um, 'honey', I'm quite aware of how a grown man thinks, and no, I don't obsess about Jaina's boobies."

And Jezq, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you quoted the wrong person and didn't know who you were speaking to because you were having some issue.

Nah, nothing obsessive about this post...

Nah, nothing obsessive about this post...

I'll take that as a concession of your ignorance, thanks for playing.

I'm not claiming. I'm speculating. I've given a number of points, including this China-themed event, that suggest it's a logical influence. It is easy to attack and tell other people they are all wrong, so what is your own position? Blizzard did this for a reason, so what other explanation do you think is more reasonable.
Changed my Avatar to Jaina in protest.
02/08/2019 09:34 AMPosted by Silverangel

I'm not claiming. I'm speculating. I've given a number of points, including this China-themed event, that suggest it's a logical influence. It is easy to attack and tell other people they are all wrong, so what is your own position? Blizzard did this for a reason, so what other explanation do you think is more reasonable.

I think Blizzard did it for the lulz. The triggered snowflakes are crazy funny in their outrage.