Uh... Explain?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
Y'know OP if you look at your avatar it's not censored :^)
Source for China's influence (not the video/caster itself; the report shown):

https://youtu.be/0nmMwKX9d4k?t=429

Jaina being changed is definitely China related.

Edit: Here's the reddit shown in the video. https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a4w3ux/chinas_ethics_board_reviews_20_popular_online/

It is 2 months old which starts to fit the timeline. Report comes out, ATVI thinks about things, memo gets passed down from top to programmers, programming, Quality Control, push out change. So, absent of some kind of blue post/info from ATVI to the contrary on the change, the assumption becomes that - yes - this is China related.

You know what? I actually don't even care about the change itself. What I do care is that the rest of the world is being subjected by one country's foolish laws. Then again, I understand that many countries (including the U.S.; e.g. FACTA) have laws that apply in an extra territorial manner.

Blizz: just tell us that was the reason and that's that... I think gamers just want some up-front truth and it becomes a non-issue.
It's all about appeasing China. It probably failed because there was excessive cleavage shown. Don't get me wrong. I am a man and like to see but, if you want to make a wholesome product for the masses only so much of the cleavage should be shown.
Truly pathetic move, Blizzard. Truly pathetic. So, I wonder, what was the reasoning behind this?

Foreign markets with different standards? Then why not give THEM the censored art and let us keep the original?

Trying to attract more female gamers? Every female gamer I've ever talked to enjoys playing a sexy female or a sexy male character. Every single one. You'd have much better luck putting a sexy male hero into the game - like Illidan Stormrage or something - rather than censoring the female ones.

Is this a big deal? No, on its own it's just dumb, but it's part of a larger trend taking place all over the gaming industry, and it needs to stop. I play games for fun, and yes, part of that fun is exaggeratedly sexy characters - both male and female. If people find Jaina's cleavage offensive, they can play a different female hero, like Maiev, or switch their mage to Medivh. If China doesn't like it, then change it for China, not for everyone.

Blizzard has really been going down the tube lately.
Tbh, I'm surprised by this bc of two(2) reasons;

1. I hadn't realized that she had cleavage
2. a mage had [Cleave]
02/09/2019 07:16 PMPosted by Palladion

1. I hadn't realized that she had cleavage

Nice joke bruh.
02/08/2019 05:43 PMPosted by Wotan
So, absent of some kind of blue post/info from ATVI to the contrary on the change, the assumption becomes that - yes - this is China related.

You know what? I actually don't even care about the change itself. What I do care is that the rest of the world is being subjected by one country's foolish laws. Then again, I understand that many countries (including the U.S.; e.g. FACTA) have laws that apply in an extra territorial manner.

Blizz: just tell us that was the reason and that's that... I think gamers just want some up-front truth and it becomes a non-issue.

Yeah, that's another thing. If the reason was anything they considered good, politically correct, and reasonable, they would have said something.

Still, the bottom line is to not blame Blizzard for this. Unless you think they are being lazy to not regionalize hero portraits. Maybe it was even a mistake, and it wasn't supposed to be in all regions.
Dude I swear Konami is running this !@#$% now this is exactly what they do proofing ocg cards to the TCG
Horrible changes!!!
The most horrible thing in left-liberals that while in their countries social-culture crisis due to feminists etc - they imagined themselves as a moral license
Hey, I am not n@zi:) I was who initialized connection my region WoW lfg servers with global EU. But now wonderful genius Friends called as "sexism, racism, homophobia!111" - it's madness:((( 3rd wave feminists are absolutely wrong!