Commoner's Cup Gone BaD- Feb. 2019

Play Mode Discussion
Ladies and gentlemen, the February 2019 Commoner's Cup is about to kick off, and it's gonna be a bit different this time around. But first and foremost , its necessary to be on the HS-forums discord channel, below, as that is where we arrange matches:

https://discord.gg/t3jcc2p

History:

The Commoner's Cup was founded by Lykotic about 9(?) months ago - recently run by Wardrum, and now its my turn - as a tournament for the working/casual men, women and children of the Heathstone (forum) community, who want to participate in a tournament setting, without having to dedicate 8 hours (or more) in a single session to do so.
We do have a 2 day cap per round so that everything runs as smoothly as possible .

Details:

Submission due date: 11:59pm, Feb 14 2019 (PST)

Start date: Feb 15th 2019 (PST) when lineups have been compiled.

Format: Standard. Open Deck lists.

Tourney Format: Conquest, Bo5 - Bowsers a Douche (BaD) - soz eggs & fuzzy, I know its your concept at heart - and this is where it (starts to) get interesting.
Normally we would be running a 4 deck (unique classes) and 1 deck ban. This time we are going with the BaD model.

BaD = 3 decks from unique classes, however instead of banning a class, you "steal" 1 of your opponents decks, which replaces the deck your opponent "stole" from you, using the deck share option - no collection issues in that regard.

Card Bans:

We are attempting to spice it up a bit from the ladder meta as well, so we have decided the following cards will be banned:

Genn
Baku
ALL Hero cards
Quest cards
Carnivorous Cube

NA: commonercup@gmail.com
EU: commonercupeu@gmail.com

1. You will need a (free) account on challonge.com
2. Use the following format when signing up for this event:

Battle tag: <insert tag>
*Challonge Name: <insert tag>
*Discord Name: <insert tag>
Decklists: a/b/c
*only needed if your tags are (significantly) different across all 3.

3. email the correct account for the server you want to paticipate on, as seen above, and you will be registered/invited to join the relevant tourney.
Really looking forward to this and I am planning to actually work on building some interesting decks from scratch for this tournament =)

We will hopefully see some fun and interesting decks as it will probably pay to build decks which are off the beaten path to pilot =)
Wow sounds awesome. Gonna have to rework a lot of decks but I am probably gonna do it. :)
the bans kill about all my decks :c
Awesome. No hero finisher for control warlock, or unfair shenanigans from my new evolve shaman's hero. I really have to make some new decks for stealing.
02/07/2019 06:01 PMPosted by RhokDelar

tbh thats sorta the point, give players a new meta to have a bit of fun in without hunter > priest > hunter > pally thing theyve seen on ladder for probably a bit too long now.
02/07/2019 06:07 PMPosted by Bowser
02/07/2019 06:01 PMPosted by RhokDelar

tbh thats sorta the point, give players a new meta to have a bit of fun in without hunter > priest > hunter > pally thing theyve seen on ladder for probably a bit too long now.

I get the point but this is also Standard. Which means...

- DR Hunter
- MR Hunter
- Odd Rogue
- Wild Odd Mage
- Evenlock

Which leaves me with...

Zoo lock. I have A zoolock deck. I could probably do a Midrange Hunter. Would Spellhunter work without Rexxar? Or am I not allowed to have 2 decks from the same class?

I don't have anything else, really. All my decks are budget/weak.
Oh my God! I should to try in both servers!

P.S. :

Can I send my decklists by links as that: https://i.imgur.com/ce1QFAU.png ?

Can I name the decks by myself or I should to follow a defined rule?

Once in this Cup should I erase all my decks and keep only the three decks I made for it?
02/07/2019 10:54 PMPosted by FizzyElf
Oh my God! I should to try in both servers!

The more the merrier ;) - especially for our EU cup, its in its infancy atm, but more than welcome for either/both.
02/07/2019 10:15 PMPosted by Gwyneth

- DR Hunter
- MR Hunter
- Odd Rogue
- Wild Odd Mage
- Evenlock

Which leaves me with...

Zoo lock. I have A zoolock deck. I could probably do a Midrange Hunter. Would Spellhunter work without Rexxar? Or am I not allowed to have 2 decks from the same class?

It is 1 deck per class.

Midrange Hunter probably does better than Spell Hunter without hero cards, and it's exceptionally cheap. Miracle Rogue lost Cold Blood, so that sucks, but it could still be okay in this metagame. Zoo is never a horrible choice (in my biased opinion), but it definitely loses something after the Chain Gang nerf.

One problem is that Res Priest doesn't lose anything besides Anduin, and Midrange Hunter is really disadvantaged without Rexxar.

But worst-case scenario, you can always steal that one. :D
02/07/2019 11:29 PMPosted by ilikeeggs
One problem is that Res Priest doesn't lose anything besides Anduin, and Midrange Hunter is really disadvantaged without Rexxar.

Yah, we talked about rez priest and came to the same conclusion. Given the "theft" format we decided that if players really want to bring rez priest then the are really only giving their opponent probably the best deck thats "legal" so we allowed it to remain untouched.
Sounds cool. What is needed to make this happen on EU side?
Cool these still happen. but its standard and no quests or hero cards makes its a guaranteed no for me.
Standard format makes me loose out on my favorite decks already, and no quesst or hero cards removes any of decks id use if i did decide to do standard tournament.
Whizbang is allowed? That will give those banned cards then for decks. :)
:( In Southeastern Asia Server ;v Sad.
Would love to join in.
But, I will put up to the challenge and make some deck following those requirements!

1. Tempo Mage
### Tempo Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Missiles
# 2x (1) Daring Fire-Eater
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Secretkeeper
# 2x (2) Amani Berserker
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Celestial Emissary
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 2x (3) Explosive Runes
# 2x (3) Kirin Tor Mage
# 1x (3) Mirror Entity
# 2x (4) Cosmic Anomaly
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 1x (6) Aluneth
#
AAECAf0EAsMBotMCDnGeAbsCtATmBJYF7AWWBsHBAuvCAo/TApX/Au+AA82JAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

2. Secret Paladin
### Secret Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Autodefense Matrix
# 2x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Redemption
# 2x (1) Repentance
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Secretkeeper
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 1x (2) Potion of Heroism
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (3) Unidentified Maul
# 2x (4) Bellringer Sentry
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Vinecleaver
# 1x (8) Bonemare
#
AAECAZ8FBuEHg8cCps4C7dIC1uUCrfICDIwBngHoAcgEpwWvB7PBApvCAojHAsrLAuPLAtj+AgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

3. Rush Warrior
### Rush Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Eternium Rover
# 1x (1) Omega Assembly
# 1x (1) Spirit of the Rhino
# 1x (1) Town Crier
# 1x (2) Battle Rage
# 1x (2) Cruel Taskmaster
# 1x (2) Dragon Roar
# 1x (2) Execute
# 2x (2) Woodcutter's Axe
# 2x (3) Deathspeaker
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Rabid Worgen
# 1x (4) Blood Razor
# 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
# 2x (4) Militia Commander
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 1x (5) Corpse Raiser
# 1x (5) Darius Crowley
# 1x (6) Mossy Horror
# 2x (7) Amani War Bear
# 1x (8) Akali, the Rhino
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAQcOnQLSApAD8gWRBszNAp3PAsvsAs3vAp3wAoP7ApqHA6qLA5KYAwgcjgWaywK67AKX8wLR9QKz/ALYjAMA
#
No Quests? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

I guess Discolock will get its chance... another day...
02/07/2019 10:15 PMPosted by Gwyneth

- DR Hunter
- MR Hunter
- Odd Rogue
- Wild Odd Mage
- Evenlock

Which leaves me with...

It is 1 deck per class.

Midrange Hunter probably does better than Spell Hunter without hero cards, and it's exceptionally cheap. Miracle Rogue lost Cold Blood, so that sucks, but it could still be okay in this metagame. Zoo is never a horrible choice (in my biased opinion), but it definitely loses something after the Chain Gang nerf.

I have midrange, zoo and a tempo mage (maybe?)

And that's it. I guess...I could do a warrior? I hate warrior class though...I don't know if I'll be able to join this one.

All the cards that carry me are banned, lol
02/08/2019 06:42 AMPosted by Gwyneth
...It is 1 deck per class.

I have midrange, zoo and a tempo mage (maybe?)

And that's it. I guess...I could do a warrior? I hate warrior class though...I don't know if I'll be able to join this one.

All the cards that carry me are banned, lol
I'd make a Tempo Mage over a generic Warrior deck if I were you.

Midrange Hunter
Zoolock
Tempo Mage

Honestly, considering the memey crap most of us tend to run, that's a pretty solid lineup lol.
I forgot to mention in the OP that its double elimination as well, which means that you need to lose two rounds to be eliminated from the competition.

02/08/2019 03:15 AMPosted by Ramza
:( In Southeastern Asia Server ;v Sad.
Would love to join in.

I am guessing that due to language barriers we dont have a large enough number of members on SEA to realistically fill out a roster, even EU has been struggling in that regard, but I am hopeful that we can get more interested in the coming months to keep them running.

02/08/2019 02:28 AMPosted by Chameleon
Sounds cool. What is needed to make this happen on EU side?

Join the discord server:

https://discord.gg/t3jcc2p

We have dedicated channels for these tourneys on there to discuss the events.

Other than that its just following the rest of the directions in the OP - create a Challonge account and email your lineup to the address posted in the OP.