Should they nerf wild cards or ban card combinations?

Play Mode Discussion
I think nerfing cards in wild is betraying purpose of wild a bit
what if they banned card combinations instead?
as example (YES EXAMPLE): You cant have a deck combining both genn and justicar
cards that have "banlist" will appear with a button near "craft" buttion.

as example: old naga sea witch cannot be played if you have any giant
I don't want to see bannings like those you described.

Though I would love to ban a class from time to time in casual mode. I mean it's only casual so why not. I'd be banning Big !@#$% Priest an Pirate Aggro Rogue off an on weekly.
What you are suggesting makes a lot of sense but, unfortunately, I think Team 5 would find it to be against the "easy to understand at a glance" philosophy that seems to guide the game.

I like the idea but I just doubt it would be considered.
02/13/2019 06:16 PMPosted by Lykotic
What you are suggesting makes a lot of sense but, unfortunately, I think Team 5 would find it to be against the "easy to understand at a glance" philosophy that seems to guide the game.

I like the idea but I just doubt it would be considered.

wild itself is allready hard to understand at a glance. what I do is adding a 1 glass of water to a river

I mean ... do you think that much card that has weird interactions with each other is easy to understand?
standart is... wild not. and thats ok I think... wild is not a place you should be if you are having problem at understanding weird interactions
How many cards/combos should a player be able to "ban"?

Are you comfortable with how this will impact your queue time and/or amount of different players you can get matched up with?

Keep in mind that for every restriction you put upon what decks can be played, the pool of potential matchups shrink. The average queue time grows as the pool of potential matchups shrinks.
02/14/2019 04:17 AMPosted by WingedKagout
How many cards/combos should a player be able to "ban"?

Are you comfortable with how this will impact your queue time and/or amount of different players you can get matched up with?

Keep in mind that for every restriction you put upon what decks can be played, the pool of potential matchups shrink. The average queue time grows as the pool of potential matchups shrinks.

PLAYERS ARE NOT GONNA BAN!
blizzard gonna ban
you cant COMBINE those cards... yet you will still play them as long as those set of cards are not together

blizzard will permantly ban cards to be used TOGETHER!
it will be not "oh I dont want to see this card so I will ban this"
it will be "this and this is broken IN WILD so we will ban them being used together"

as example: instead of nerfing naga sea witch to 8 mana blizzard will ban her and giants to be used together(or any card that can alter cost in abuse way). but you can still play naga sea witch without giants
Nerf or ban is better than this.

While wild isn't a place for new players the deckbuild should be clear and that is the most unclear solution possible.

That can work as "house rules" but never to the main game due to this.

Also people need to understand that it is wild mode and not time frozen mode.

Your old decks will not remain viable forever and if you're in wild for nostagy you're in the wrong game mode and should press blizzard to create a game for you instead of try to transform something that isn't for you in your home.
Banning cards is worse then nerfing it...

That will destroy decks and cards..

A card nerfed usually make 1 deck weaker.. a card banned. Destroy multiple decks and classes..
02/14/2019 06:07 AMPosted by Delfunk
Banning cards is worse then nerfing it...

That will destroy decks and cards..

A card nerfed usually make 1 deck weaker.. a card banned. Destroy multiple decks and classes..

GUYS!
I DIDNT SUGGEST BANNING A CARD FROM ALL GAMES
I SUGGESTING TO BAN AS EXAMPLE: NAGA SEA WITCH BEING PLAYED TOGETHER WITH GIANTS LIKE CARDS!
YOU CAN STILL PLAY WITH NAGA SEA WITCH
YOU CANT PLAY NAGA SEA WITCH WITH MOUNTAIN GIANT!
YOU CAN ALSO PLAY WITH MOUNTAIN GIANT TOO!
02/14/2019 06:00 AMPosted by minami
Nerf or ban is better than this.

While wild isn't a place for new players the deckbuild should be clear and that is the most unclear solution possible.

That can work as "house rules" but never to the main game due to this.

Also people need to understand that it is wild mode and not time frozen mode.

Your old decks will not remain viable forever and if you're in wild for nostagy you're in the wrong game mode and should press blizzard to create a game for you instead of try to transform something that isn't for you in your home.
one of blizzards reason for wild and hall of fame instead of nerfs is for nostalgia in wild/ Wild is susposed to be a place for old decks/cards, they dont have to be viable per see but wild certainly is a mode for that.
Stay out of wild if you can't appreciate the crazy combinations. Its how the play mode is meant to be played. If you want restrictions, stick to standard and leave wild to the people that can appreciate the insane card pool that wild offers.
02/14/2019 03:21 PMPosted by Tman15tmb
Stay out of wild if you can't appreciate the crazy combinations. Its how the play mode is meant to be played. If you want restrictions, stick to standard and leave wild to the people that can appreciate the insane card pool that wild offers.

I love how people NOT LISTENING WHAT I SAYING
dude... I love crazy combinations
but blizzard NERFING THOSE!
so I suggesting to ban some of those combinations instead of destroying all of them with heavy nerfs -_-
by doing so you can still play naga sea witch for 5 mana but you can no longer play it with molten giant wich was the only reason of nerf.
right now at wild they made that "giant hunter" deck terrible and also made naga sea witch only usable in that deck.

Your entirely missing the OP's point.

Instead of nerfing cards for Wild... Aviana, NSW, arguably FTT you instead ban interactions.

So NSW cannot be combined with Giants

Aviana cannot be combined with Star Aligner

FTT with Genn

I think it actually makes some more sense with the Spirit of Wild than the outright Wild nerfs
02/14/2019 05:27 PMPosted by Lykotic

Your entirely missing the OP's point.

Instead of nerfing cards for Wild... Aviana, NSW, arguably FTT you instead ban interactions.

So NSW cannot be combined with Giants

Aviana cannot be combined with Star Aligner

FTT with Genn

I think it actually makes some more sense with the Spirit of Wild than the outright Wild nerfs

thank god someone listens :D
Yea I am ok with backlash but people literally missing entire point and shooting me from eye XD
02/14/2019 05:05 PMPosted by Makaramus

so I suggesting to ban some of those combinations instead of destroying all of them with heavy nerfs -_-
by doing so you can still play naga sea witch for 5 mana but you can no longer play it with molten giant wich was the only reason of nerf.
right now at wild they made that "giant hunter" deck terrible and also made naga sea witch only usable in that deck.
With ideas of banning combinations and creating limitations it does not sound like you enjoy wild. In what world is banning combinations better for the game than nerfing problematic cards?
02/14/2019 05:39 PMPosted by Tman15tmb
<span class="truncated">...</span>
With ideas of banning combinations and creating limitations it does not sound like you enjoy wild. In what world is banning combinations better for the game than nerfing problematic cards?

either this or they gonna nerf them to non existance
thats what I am saying :/
if you prefer this sure...
so if I nerf a card to 11 mana does that mean its ok?
or if I nerf wisp to 10 mana? is that not the same thing?
when you nerf a card because synergy it has it will become trash tier card and will never see play again
if a future expansion add broken synergy to a very fun wild card that card has chance to be nerfed into ground and never see light again
if they ban the unwanted interactions instead we can save those cards and keep them playable. else they will become trash because it had a broken interaction after 3 years
02/14/2019 05:05 PMPosted by Makaramus

I'll speak to one specifically that I have experience with

Prior to Star Aligner was Combo Druid okay? I'd say yes. It needed a lot of pieces, Dirty Rat tended to be a very good counter to limit damage and the data showed it as a high tier 2 low tier 1 deck.

Star Aligner broke it because it also enabled a board clear as well and required, if memory serves, one less card.

So instead of destroying Aviana combos which had proven to be alright to a degree it was nerfed to break a specific combo that was over the top. I want nerfs in Wild to be more surgical and banning combinations would be that.

Some outright card nerfs would wxiat but usually a card is about a combo leverage than about a crazy OP card.
<span class="truncated">...</span> With ideas of banning combinations and creating limitations it does not sound like you enjoy wild. In what world is banning combinations better for the game than nerfing problematic cards?

Prior to Star Aligner was Combo Druid okay? I'd say yes. It needed a lot of pieces, Dirty Rat tended to be a very good counter to limit damage and the data showed it as a high tier 2 low tier 1 deck.

Star Aligner broke it because it also enabled a board clear as well and required, if memory serves, one less card.(or maybe you can add that spell drawing 7 8 9 10 mana cards)
ofcourse nerf requests was there before than this event so maybe nerf was better option but still just an example

So instead of destroying Aviana combos which had proven to be alright to a degree it was nerfed to break a specific combo that was over the top. I want nerfs in Wild to be more surgical and banning combinations would be that.

Some outright card nerfs would wxiat but usually a card is about a combo leverage than about a crazy OP card.

good point... as example blizzard can ban aviana kun star combo
this means you can still play aviana kun or aviana star or kun star but not all 3 at once
02/14/2019 06:02 PMPosted by Lykotic
... With ideas of banning combinations and creating limitations it does not sound like you enjoy wild. In what world is banning combinations better for the game than nerfing problematic cards?

Star Aligner broke it because it also enabled a board clear as well and required, if memory serves, one less card.

That or nerf star aligner to need one more 7 health minion.

When you want to something still exist you need to commit yourself to adjust things around it.

Wild is in fact a nightmare to any balance team but they can just solve problems as they appear instead of make such drastical changes on okay cards just to create "design space" were they already used.