How to play around Psychic Scream?

Play Mode Discussion
Change 2 shadow visions into 2 Screams so Priest will have 4 Screams in one game.

Is this allowed to exist? Zzzz
Not easily, Scream is kind of a stupid spell. And unlike other AoEs, there’s no using Divine Shield or Deathrattles to null its effects.

One can try not to overextend, but obviously this is not always an option, especially if holding back means letting the Priest use their mana towards their win condition or getting removed in some other way without even blowing the Scream.

Better is to use Zihi, which is rapidly growing into one of my new favorite cards. Loatheb also works in Wild; the goal is to stall the scream at a bad time, when you could be threatening lethal, or close. The Priest then has to try to use a worse method of removal to lower your damage or heal themselves; at worse it could make them burn a resource they wouldn’t otherwise (Shadow Visions into a Spirit Lash instead of a Scream or a Mind Blast), and at best it wins the game.

Counterspell is also a fun one, but obviously Mage only. Set up a situation where you threaten lethal if they don’t immediately remove you, and you can really put them in a hard spot. The best time is around turn 7 or 8, where you could telegraph “I might have double Fireball, but you still have to clear me”. It could cause a Priest to play Scream out of desperation. If the Priest has a Coin somehow, you may have to mind game though.

Other than that, weapons don’t care about AoE removal, and aggro can put itself into a winning position by turn 7, which is why KB Rogue does so well against then in Wild (that and Sap).
If he visions 2 psychic screams you're probably in pretty good shape ..
I try to aggro before turn 7, keeping in mind how you can still have a beneficial board if they use mass hysteria before that. I find if you can do a fair bit of damage before turn 7 without super over extending, then restock your board after a bit still without playing *everything*, and then a couple removals for the final couple of turns and finish off with some spells is the best bet.
02/24/2019 03:48 PMPosted by Brenton
I try to aggro before turn 7, keeping in mind how you can still have a beneficial board if they use mass hysteria before that. I find if you can do a fair bit of damage before turn 7 without super over extending, then restock your board after a bit still without playing *everything*, and then a couple removals for the final couple of turns and finish off with some spells is the best bet.

What deck are you able to do that with?

Zoo, due to the Warlock HP has a significantly easier time at it than Spell Hunter which gets some of their power plays nerfed as a result of the minions inserted into their deck, and deathrattle loses incredible value when Eggs and Cubes get screamed.