PW Shield and Northshire Cleric

Play Mode Discussion
Fit the criteria of Classic Cards that are strong, have a low mana cost and are used very frequently regardless of the current expansion.

Don't be surprised if they get the bat down the road
They are strong but you're right, not strong enough. So let's make northshire a 1/4 and power word shield either cost 0 Mana or increase the +health to 3.
They won't get nerfed as Priest classic set is sub-par and relies on expansion cards to build strong decks.
02/01/2019 08:41 AMPosted by Anucksunamun
They are strong but you're right, not strong enough. So let's make northshire a 1/4 and power word shield either cost 0 Mana or increase the +health to 3.

You are crazy friend.
but for something like two seasons it hasn't been part of the competitive priest decks (big priest, combo priest, mechathun)
02/01/2019 08:45 AMPosted by c4ution
They won't get nerfed as Priest classic set is sub-par and relies on expansion cards to build strong decks.

Paladin's classic set is in the same boat, don't be naive.
They have this combo because they don't have playable minions until turn four at the earliest.
It really is a good point though, how many times have we heard "Over represented" and "auto include" when justification is being given for nerfs or HOFs. Northshire and PWS need to be in every single priest deck except for ones that go for resurrect shenanigans.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think either should be nerfed or HoF'd, I just don't get the double standard. You can't use over representation as an excuse for some while blatantly ignoring many instances of it in less problematic classes.
02/01/2019 09:14 AMPosted by Cemarz
They have this combo because they don't have playable minions until turn four at the earliest.

Look at druid, rn.
They have no early game.
Did not stop them, though.
Don't worry, as long as Priest keeps relying on enough new cards to execute its gameplan (just look at Clone Priest, Pig Priest, Control Priest) its Basic/Classic auto-includes will safely avoid the nerf bat.
02/01/2019 10:09 AMPosted by Wardrum
Don't worry, as long as Priest keeps relying on enough new cards to execute its gameplan (just look at Clone Priest, Pig Priest, Control Priest) its Basic/Classic auto-includes will safely avoid the nerf bat.

Odd Rogue relies on new cards as well.

Without thug, fledgling,baku (obviously), Myras, fireflies and diremoles, fungal, and etc the deck wouldn't exist.

In fact, the deck barely has any classic/basic cards at all. Certainly far less classic/basic than gallery priest.

Didn't stop t5 to bury the deck 5ft under.

(from memory, just SI, CB, Argent, deadly, Leroy and deckhand. Priest has mind blasts, smites, velen, maly, pw:s, deaths, dispel. So yeah 11 vs 11-12,closer than I thought)
02/01/2019 08:45 AMPosted by c4ution

Didn't stop Shaman from getting hosed.

Also Mind Blast is something I could see them nerf to 3 mana. "Compared to Lava Burst, we found that priests had too much ways of abusing face combo. For that we have now nerfed Mind Blast to three mana."

Give it a year or two.