Is Auto Chess killing Hearthstone?

Play Mode Discussion
None of the streamers I've been following playing Hearthstone anymore. What's the deal with Auto Chess? I was trying to watch it but couldn't understand what's going on.
The Dota 2 mod? It's not even in competition with HS. Google the basics of Auto Chess or something, the game isn't that complicated.
Yeah, i think everybody was looking for an excuse to jump ships these days.

Some streamers who have been addicted to auto chess:

Feno, Reynad, TidesofTime,Dog,Hafu,Amaz,Crane333,Hyped,Ostkaka,Firebat,Orange, Asmodai

I m missing a lot but there's a trend forming. HS Twitch views have plummeted within the last year.
There are former HS players like lifecoach, superJJ, ekop playing with them too.

Game is kinda similar to HS in a way, RNG and little bit of knowledge/skill goes a long way.
IT looks pretty dumb to me from the video I watched of Kripp doing it. Losing streaks reward you?
I hope Blizzard sees this message that I type, for I think it relays part of the problem that Blizzard painted itself in.

I always saw Standard as a huge mistake to prioritize first and foremost as the OFFICIAL way to play Hearthstone and then treat Wild as if it were in the mother-in-law suit. Standard has become way too clunky and way too gimmicky to keep constantly pumping in money to try to stay atop the rat race. Blizzard also made a huge mistake from dropping the Blizzcon Hearthstone Finals after 2016 and had a clunky gimmick promotion for 2017 and having a 2018 team tournament, with two alleged cheaters participating for one of the countries.

It's good that Blizzard is promoting Wild right now, but they need to constantly keep up promoting the format, because over time that's where the money is going to be made as older players and more seasoned players revert to a more wide open format. Hell, I don't know, maybe possibly promoting a Wild tournament at Blizzcon to help promote the game, since the HCT has since branched out?

More than likely, I feel like the bigger Hearthstone streamers feel like they are being forced to promote one format, they stick to it way too long, and it they experience burnout because they feel like the format is going nowhere fast. It would've been infinitely wiser if Wild were promoted more instead of it being treated like it was something unwanted.

Incentivize the Wild format. Make it alluring for players to flock over there. Make more Wild-centric cards like Hex Lord Malacrass to get players hooked again. And most importantly, keep constantly talking to the community. There are those who will piss and moan about anything, but there are those more than willing help point you in the right direction.
02/01/2019 10:33 PMPosted by NOC
None of the streamers I've been following playing Hearthstone anymore. What's the deal with Auto Chess? I was trying to watch it but couldn't understand what's going on.

the only thing hurting hearthstone is piss-poor design and nonstop otk decks
I dont know what is,but something is. Maybe it is recent balance updates as well.
Just now hearthstone was ranked 31 on twitch streams. I dont think i have ever seen it this low. Its the end,or very close to it.
The fact that a Dota 2 mod is more successful than Artifact makes me think it's just another nail in Artifact's coffin. I'm not sure it really has much of an effect on HS.
whats auto chesss did someone made a mod to turn dota into a card game ?
Seems like this is a trend game. People play it cause it's new and everyone else is playing it. We saw it with Fortnite, PUBG, every non MTG card game ever, and now this. Not to say this game isn't in decline, but it will take a lot more to kill this game off than a tower defense mini game.
02/01/2019 10:33 PMPosted by NOC

I would watch 8 hours of 2 people playing Ches vs Hearthstone. You know each match of Hearthstone when the cards flop.

Currently roping an OTK Paladin while watching cooking on Twitch.

We're down to the end game. The part where they drop DK Uther start going life. You play big minions he plays Timeouts. You sit there do nothing as he gets closer to "I win". You put nothing out as he plays Equality kills all you big baddies..

You get lucky with Cauldron and get turn all minions into legendaries - he plays equality consecration...
It's a really fun game and a fan of games like Hearthstone is almost guaranteed to like it so it makes sense that a lot of HS streamers are playing it. The last two expansions were hot garbage with nearly zero new cards seeing any serious play, no wonder people want to play something else at this point.
No. Team 5 devs are killing Hearthstone.
Guys just watch Savijs match against Amaz, Super JJ and like 6 other people

I wasn’t to convinced on it but it looks like a bunch of fun when it gets going and you have a full lobby of people.

@Rexagon
Don’t blame the last 3 expansions for the trouble Hearthstone is in, they’re some of the better expansions we’ve had flavour and balance wise in years
Literally all the problems in this game are from the year of the Mammoth. They were smoking some crazy stuff when they decided the power level of those expansions and now we’re all paying for their mistakes still, over a year later.
no king rules forever, maybe now they will have to actually improve the game instead of print and prey.

though more seriously I think blizzard is killing hearthstone and have been a little every expansion, they just won't balance the game.

ps I really do miss the old amaz streams of circle soul priest, the game seem so much mroe fun and simpler back then
02/01/2019 11:24 PMPosted by Urza
IT looks pretty dumb to me from the video I watched of Kripp doing it. Losing streaks reward you?

that is the glory of individuality while you may think it is dumb 500 think it is awesome. I personally have not played it and prolly wont because you have to DL DOTA which I dont like so....
Honestly, I'd say that the removal of HCT points from ladder is more likely to have long term impact on twitch viewership than a FotM craze is for big name HS streamers.
02/02/2019 05:18 PMPosted by xFoobs
Guys just watch Savijs match against Amaz, Super JJ and like 6 other people

I wasn’t to convinced on it but it looks like a bunch of fun when it gets going and you have a full lobby of people.

@Rexagon
Don’t blame the last 3 expansions for the trouble Hearthstone is in, they’re some of the better expansions we’ve had flavour and balance wise in years
Literally all the problems in this game are from the year of the Mammoth. They were smoking some crazy stuff when they decided the power level of those expansions and now we’re all paying for their mistakes still, over a year later.
I completely agree and I think they are doing the right thing here and it will make the game better in the future if they keep it up. That being said, it is obvious, that this has a very negative impact on the game before the rotation. People get bored of playing with the same cards for almost a year.
Always have to watch the copiables.
what's copiable, how much power does it give the player.

HS's copiables decklist n mullitstrat give like 3/4 min of a players power regardless of their excellent reads / skill.

Most of HS is what list you copy, what mullistrat, and then your actual play is like barely-relevant.