Is Auto Chess killing Hearthstone?

Play Mode Discussion
Is wildstar killing wow ?
02/02/2019 02:23 PMPosted by IAMGROOT127
The fact that a Dota 2 mod is more successful than Artifact makes me think it's just another nail in Artifact's coffin.

To be fair that's like beating a dead horse. That coffin doesn't need any more nails, it was maxed out the moment the game came out. Nothing really is stealing traction from that game cause there is none left.

The game as a whole averages like 150 viewers on a good day. So saying dota 2 mod is more successful doesn't say a lot when the game sits below Fallout new vegas or Portal 2 on Twitch
auto chess is fking awesome
Hearthstone is killing Hearthstone.

Autochess is just a fun alternative.
02/02/2019 03:47 PMPosted by Ruvahkiin
No. Team 5 devs are killing Hearthstone.

Pretty much. There hasn't been much fresh or new to the game since the last rotation. You can say it's a power level problem, but Team 5 did that, too. I mean, this is the first time that we've had two rounds of nerfs in a single expansion, and as far as I know there hasn't been anything new on the scene yet.
It's actually crazy how low the current HS viewership has gone. I feel like I actively see it hovering around 10-13k during primetime, and only like 31-35k for tournaments. That's nuts.

This game is at such a risk of having a fast rise quickly followed by a massive crash. Users are leaving to many different games that are chipping away at the userbase, and the movement by the HS team to bring them back has been downright glacial in pace.

I just want someone competent who actually enjoys the fun of this game at the helm.
02/03/2019 03:21 AMPosted by Kamran
Is wildstar killing wow ?

No, BFA is. Blizzard don't need other companies to kill their own games.
I do not think that other games are killing Hearthstone. Hearthstone is kinda unique and people like to have change from time to time and play something else. Maybe some pro players can play one game over and over (and speedrunners, tho), but I do like to switch between games. Sometimes I want some FPS, sometimes I want a MOBA, sometimes I want to play alone, and so on.

I do agree that the state of hearthstone is not the best, players seem to be frustrated (so do I). The meta becomes boring quickly, even after nerfs, the last few expansions did not really motivate me to keep playing Hearhstone as much as before. I do miss the adventures, they were a good deal and pretty fun. Rumble run was a mess. I dont care about the ladder, so the thing which triggers me the most is, that filthy players play T1 decks in casual, because Blizzard only rewards winning (even in casual).

The biggest challenger is probably MTGA, some pros switched to MTGA and recently I play it a lot, it still has flaws, its not that easy to get into (I havent played MTG in rl, but I knew the game), especially watching it, but after some time it gets pretty fun and I like seeing crazy combos on Youtube and Twitch.

Competition is good for business, so I hope T5 will keep an eye on it. The recent survey they did should hopefully give them a good picture about the state of HS, even though they didnt invite everyone?
I kinda agree that it's not really Auto Chess doing the killing. My interest in Hearsthone has been declining for a long time now. This is just the first really fun alternative that hits some of the same notes that Hearthstone used to. As of now I'm still logging in and playing my daily quest and then immediately logging off. Soon I may not see the point in that either.

Auto Chess on the other hand has me incredibly addicted. I'm rushing through my morning routine to get a game in before work while I eat breakfast. I'm trying to squeeze in as many games in my free time that I can.

However, I feel like it's also a game that could burn out quickly. If they don't change up the units and items on a regular basis then it will get old. There are only so many synergies and build that you're trying to create. If the devs are on top of it and have a regular rotation or something, then I could see it becoming a real hit.
Also completely addicted to Auto Chess, haven't played HS for a few weeks now.

I love hearthstone but you either need to invest too much time or money to keep it interesting. They need to give better dust returns for disenchanting cards, or at least make it so you can't open triplicate epics. I've opened like 7 blast waves this season...
Elder Scrolls Legends is the only other game I've seen that can stand up to HS but most people probably haven't heard of it but it truly is an amazing game. Didn't take long to figure it out, already has hundreds of cards with over twice as many game modes like AI Arena and a story mode. Artwork is far superior too.
02/25/2019 07:21 PMPosted by Bigdooker
Elder Scrolls Legends is the only other game I've seen that can stand up to HS but most people probably haven't heard of it but it truly is an amazing game. Didn't take long to figure it out, already has hundreds of cards with over twice as many game modes like AI Arena and a story mode. Artwork is far superior too.

I saw this in the play store but wasn't sure. Does it play like Eternal? I didn't like that one too much. Nor Shadowverse.
I think everybody on this forum loves hearthstone or has loved it at sone point. I can't wait the new expansion and new year... but i can stand it's current form.
Autochess is a fun game, cool ideea, with blizzard based characters with tribes like orcs/elfs/goblins. The ideea is cool. But autochess is defenetly not the reason that hearthstone is dooing bad.
02/01/2019 11:24 PMPosted by Urza
IT looks pretty dumb to me from the video I watched of Kripp doing it. Losing streaks reward you?
i think the loosing streak is a way (good or bad) to justify a ,,underdog comeback mechanic". It's also an "open fort" strategy to colect gold but lose hp and level up earlier if u have a bad start/rng. I think this game is replaceing heartstone for a few till the new year totation and new expansion.
No, the current meta is. I love playing control, but I have no chance against OTK decks, so it just isn't fun for me at all. Probably not even touching the game for a while unless some friends need challenge a friend or something.

Props to people who still enjoy the game though.
02/26/2019 11:25 AMPosted by Gwyneth
02/25/2019 07:21 PMPosted by Bigdooker

I saw this in the play store but wasn't sure. Does it play like Eternal? I didn't like that one too much. Nor Shadowverse.

It's very similar to HS but there's 2 lanes, one lane provides cover for 1 round that your minions can not be attacked by enemy minions, the other lane is open game like in HS. Decks can be 50 or 75 cards. Instead of things like Mage, Shaman, Warrior, its things like Endurance, Agility, Strength. There's 2 arena modes, one against the computer and one against players. I've yet to see any bots playing the game, casual mode against players, ranked mode against players, story mode, I'd suggest to anyone that wants a break from Botstone.
Not a DOTA player. But know of it. Auto Chess is killing HS for streamers.
Dear OP! Auto Chess will kill HS for sure, exactly like

- Gwent
- Magic
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends and of course
- Artifact

did in the past.

... end of irony/
02/01/2019 10:33 PMPosted by NOC
None of the streamers I've been following playing Hearthstone anymore. What's the deal with Auto Chess? I was trying to watch it but couldn't understand what's going on.

No, Hearthstone is killing Hearthstone. Actually, it'd be better to say Hearthstone is causing some damage to Hearthstone.

The meta hasn't changed all that much for six months or so now. Even with the last few rounds of nerfs, we're seeing the same decks with nearly the same deck lists time and time again. It's gotten old.