Didn't Blizzard Learn from the last time

Tavern Brawl Discussion
This Week Brawl is The Void Singularlity. It has a number of Banned cards however you can get around the ban. Didn't Blizzard learn from the last time you could do this? Just faced a Rogue that has Devilsaur Eggs in his deck a Banned card.
I don't even understand what the brawl is. The description doesn't really state clearly to me what the rules are so how are new players like myself ever meant to learn?
01/30/2019 01:05 PMPosted by Zaxxa
I don't even understand what the brawl is. The description doesn't really state clearly to me what the rules are so how are new players like myself ever meant to learn?
Play it once. Its pretty self explanatory
Basically, at the end of your turn, all of your minions will be combined into a single minion with the combined health and mana of those minions. So the strategy is to play minions that either spawn other minions or have good deathrattles. Removal is also important, so Big Game Hunter, Shadow Word Death, and other big minion removal cards need to be considered.
Devilsaur Egg is showing up as banned for me. I'm also unable to add any of the banned cards to my deck. Perhaps you mistook Devilsaur Egg for Scarab Egg.
The stars alligned for me.
I chose warlock for this and got matched against a warrior. I had a horrible starting hand even though I had decent early drops but they chose to be at the bottom. But the warrior didn't play much either, so I made it to turn 10 and played gul'dan. That resummoned all the demons I played earlier, and the warrior had no answer to the huge merged void dude.
Probably against a dr hunter I would have lost by t-1
I KNOW !!! Fun right?
The test subject card should have joined the banned ranks. Just ran into a priest who was basically abusing the way you can replicate cards with it in his brawl. Legit had no chance to counter it before I was 'dead' and defeated.
01/30/2019 12:32 PMPosted by Shuyin
Just faced a Rogue that has Devilsaur Eggs in his deck a Banned card.

Same here. No idea how they got a banned card into their deck but they played it on turn 3, and not through creation effecs.
01/30/2019 01:59 PMPosted by EATMOREKITTY
Play it once. Its pretty self explanatory

Er, no, it is not.
Note that Voodoo Doll is not banned.
This Week Brawl is The Void Singularlity. It has a number of Banned cards however you can get around the ban. Didn't Blizzard learn from the last time you could do this? Just faced a Rogue that has Devilsaur Eggs in his deck a Banned card.

Clearly the players didn't learn much. I just played a Secret Hunter and an Odd Rogue. How easy??

01/30/2019 01:05 PMPosted by Zaxxa

First way to learn something about something is to try it, not whine about the fact you don't know what to do on forums, use your head.
I believe people create the deck they want outside of the tavern brawl then copy it to get banned cards to show up. It feels sleazy to me, so I've never tried.

As for those not understanding (titans309fan gave a good explanation above):
If you play a minion of any type, at the end of your turn, it will die and resummons as a Void Singularlity. If you play more than one minion, they will all die and merge into one Void Singularlity (all stats combined). If you only have one Void Singularlity at the end of your turn, nothing happens.

A strange thing I noticed was using Warlock Dreadsteed. It dies at the end of your turn, but another Dreadsteed does not summon until the end of your opponents turn (this is somewhat nice since they can never target it). Seems a little glitchy to me.
01/31/2019 01:41 AMPosted by ArchSpike
Just faced a Rogue that has Devilsaur Eggs in his deck a Banned card.

Same here. No idea how they got a banned card into their deck but they played it on turn 3, and not through creation effecs.

Not sure where the 'banned' thing comes from, but can confirm that Devilsaur Egg is being used.
Can't blizzard fix their game? The fact that banned cards can be used means something is wrong with deckbuilding in tavern brawl. I know how to do it, but I would never because it's brawl it's for fun.
Is it really easier to grind people in brawl than in casual?
01/31/2019 07:39 AMPosted by Streak
01/31/2019 01:41 AMPosted by ArchSpike

Not sure where the 'banned' thing comes from, but can confirm that Devilsaur Egg is being used.
You can get them by playing add a random or summon a random card...… I think
01/31/2019 08:45 AMPosted by EATMOREKITTY

I meant that I'm not clear on how you guys know which cards are 'banned' from the brawl.
01/31/2019 10:24 AMPosted by Streak
01/31/2019 08:45 AMPosted by EATMOREKITTY

I meant that I'm not clear on how you guys know which cards are 'banned' from the brawl.

The cards that are banned have a big banner across them in the card library when building your brawl deck.