Didn't Blizzard Learn from the last time

Tavern Brawl Discussion
All deathrattle cards should be banned for this brawl.
Ah, thanks. I haven't seen any of those yet.

If they wanted to ban cards from this brawl, Sylvanus Windrunner would have been a good place to start. Pretty disheartening to build up a good minion, only to have it stolen away...and there's nothing you can do about it except hope you have a removal.

Meanwhile, have come up against several priests playing Amara, which is a card I loathe. I've enjoyed smashing them before they can play the requisite deathrattle minions.

Edit:

Mother&%$#@. I jinxed myself.

Next game after I posted the above, faced another d-bag priest with Amara. i had a bad draw, he had a good one, and he got Amara before I could kill him. Between that, 4x copies of Shadow Word (using the 'discover a copy of a spell in your deck'), and Mind Control, I was never even in the game.

Shoulda kept my mouth shut.
Yup. Priests and Hunters are the majority of my matchups. Almost always the same deck. I've been having some good success with a Jade Rogue.
Pretty much 36 hours into this TB, it has turned into rock(Priest)-paper(Mage)-scissor(Hunter)-misc(all else).

Given "normal" rng draw (whatever that may mean):
Hunter is absolutely feeding on everything except Freeze Mage.
Freeze mage woops Hunter's behind handily and does well against others; struggles against Priest.
Quest Priest beats Freeze Mage but needs good draw to withstand Hunter.
Everything else is, well, everything else. Haven't seen anything that stands out.
I did the 3 brawl wins quest with my odd paladin, which did pretty decently. I don't know if I had any banned cards though, I just copied my standard mode deck.
01/31/2019 03:14 PMPosted by Wotan
Pretty much 36 hours into this TB, it has turned into rock(Priest)-paper(Mage)-scissor(Hunter)-misc(all else).

For my match-ups it is Priest, Hunter & Warlock with a smattering of (and very welcomed) different heroes. Growing so weary of the exact same Hunters and Priests though. Try something different out people, you might enjoy yourself.

I'm enjoying a Quest Mage deck right now (was running only 2x frost nova, but everyone seems to be using Carnivorous Cube, so needed more ice):
1x Open the Waygate
2x Loot Hoarder
2x Primordial Glyph
2x Arcane Intellect
2x Banana Buffoon
2x Frost Nova
2x Ice Block
1x Vaporize
1x Voodoo Doll (would likely replace Vaporize if I had 2 of these)
1x Zola the Gorgon
2x Cone of Cold
2x Ghastly Conjurer
1x Molten Reflection
2x Polymorph
1x Big Game Hunter
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Sylvanas Windrunner
2x Arcane Giant
2x Molten Giant

Jade Rogue was fun for a bit, held its' own quite well.
Why does Mecha'thun work in this Tavern Brawl? played against a rogue that used it. He played it and it died and the the void thing spawned, but then i died because of the deathrattle. He still had a minion on the board. I'm very confused.
02/01/2019 07:31 PMPosted by Jackr2
Why does Mecha'thun work in this Tavern Brawl? played against a rogue that used it. He played it and it died and the the void thing spawned, but then i died because of the deathrattle. He still had a minion on the board. I'm very confused.

That's because of how the tavern brawl effects are ordered. It destroys all your minions at the end of your turn, then checks their deathrattles and only after those have resolved it spawns the singularity. So when Mechathun checks your hand, board and deck, there is technically nothing there (yet)
After all was done, I think I only encountered one deck with banned cards. Had no problem crushing the person using them. Sucks when you have to cheat to win and still can't win.
01/31/2019 11:26 AMPosted by Streak

Meanwhile, have come up against several priests playing Amara, which is a card I loathe. I've enjoyed smashing them before they can play the requisite deathrattle minions.

I think I got the most enjoyment out of Priests that used Amara, copied her to their hand, got beat down, used her again, and they still ended up losing. I laughed and laughed. It only would have been better could they hear me laughing.