What do you do when you are unable to win?

Play Mode Discussion
So...i raced my way to rank 6 5 stars with oldschool secret paladin in wild....then i started facing rezz priest, cubelock, facemurloc paladin, wall priest...... i just can’t win anymore..there isn’t anything i can do to counter all of these decks. I’m really struggling to enjoy the game if i keep winning one then losing one, then winning one and losing two...

Aside from taking a break, which just doesn’t work. Not for me anyway. How can i best deal with these blighted decks and constantly losing?
So...i raced my way to rank 6 5 stars with oldschool secret paladin in wild....then i started facing rezz priest, cubelock, facemurloc paladin, wall priest...... i just can’t win anymore..there isn’t anything i can do to counter all of these decks. I’m really struggling to enjoy the game if i keep winning one then losing one, then winning one and losing two...

Aside from taking a break, which just doesn’t work. Not for me anyway. How can i best deal with these blighted decks and constantly losing?

May I know why does taking a break not help?

Due to the inherent design of the game, the possibility of losing streaks can happen quite often. If you are running on a single deck, the ability of that deck to handle pocket meta is more restrictive than compare if you have a few different type of deck that you can adjust to that pocket meta.

The great things about breaks is that it allow you to reset your mental state or sit-out till you face a more favorable pocket meta. In addition, you can also relook into your game history and analyse if there is opportunity to make adjustment to your deck or strategy.

Hope this helps.
I’ve tried it, but when i come back i face the same degenerate decks like bigpriest. And needless to say i lose those matches. Likewise, it doesn’t matter if i take a break after losing some matches..i come back and lose some more. Taking breaks doesn’t make any kind of diffrence it seems. It doesn’t help in hearthstone, not in heroes nor anywhere it seems.

I’ve tried playing millrogue, odd warrior...none of them work. I just cannot win anymore. Now that i’ve dropped back down to rank 7 i see no reason to continue playing as it is impossible to reach rank 5 or higher. I got to the very edge of reaching rank 5 and was beaten by some douchebag playing the deck with no counters: bigpriest.

Makes my blood boil, that deck...
I cannot share in depth as I do not play WILD.
However, I will share my experience from Standard. I make it my target to reach R5 for the past few month. I have about 3 decks that I use for the climb. from my past month history, to achieve my target, games can range from 30+games to 300+ games.

I make it a point to review my game history (matchups) and strategy (deck choice, tech choices, etc) which I find very useful to help me achieve my target.
you don´t, it´s luck. good matchup you win, bad matchup you lose. hit the slot machine till legend or play casual and do some quests. i don´t know if playing ranked is a good idea in this game, when i have to mentally prepare for the next match, see ah f.u.c.k it´s baku warrior, no point even trying and concede. i think it´s misleading to even have a ranking system in a game with this mich rng.
I want the legend cardback and i do believe that somewhere i’m good enough...i just get repeatedly screwed over by rng..drawing my secrets in a row as secret paladin, drawing no aoe as odd warrior, that kinda stuff.
I don’t really play standard anymore. Seems like it’s 70% combo decks, 29% priest, 1% other things. That’s not fun at all.
I wish it worked like this: you can’t go down in ranks.

Would solve a lot of problems.

Also, with creative deckbuilding dead and burried...there doesn’t seem to be a lot of room for having fun. Between overpowered decks like any baku/genn deck, mechathun decks and big priest, it seems like the devs’ main goal with card design isn’t “fun”. It seems it’s rather: uninteractive and onesided. So that at least One person is having fun.
The game will make you face tougher opponents if you go on winning streaks, lose some games your MMR will go down and you'll face easier opponents.
I think the cardback looks boring compared to others. And the dust value between 5 and legend is only 45. Get to 5.
If Big Priest is the deck with no counters, why can’t you play it to hit r5 (or legend)?
I wish i could get to 5, but as i lose matches my opponents get tougher. Even taking breaks does not work. Currently it’s just physicly impossible to win any matches. Hearthstone’s ranked mode is a godawful mess. With skillless odd facerogues on one side and solitaire combo decks on the other, i can’t counter both....
Maybe it's just time for a new/fresh deck?
I think you may have to accept that getting to rank 5 may not be in the cards this time around if you keep banging your head against a wall. Typically I’ve made breakthroughs in ranked just getting winstreaks completing quests mixed with some extra play where I was playing whatever deck I felt like without intention of ranking up. I’d only switch to a tier list maybe on the final boss of that rank (i.e., last star).
The best decks have a winrate slightly above 50%. Winning streak should work in your favour. Maybe play something different so it´s not always the same routine?
Pray for RNG.

If you face a lot of big priests, run uber aggro AND pray for RNG in your favor
Lol, with the current meta I am trying to figure out what to do when you can't make it to turn three without being sick to my stomach. It's a shame what !@#$ this game has become
Build a hilarious meme deck that will get you crazy wins even when you lose most of the time.

The goal of a game is to have fun. Just play Espionage rogue at this point. You will get rekt but at least you will have satisfying turn 3 or 4 Frostlich Jaina's for an instant concede from your opponent.
RNG is what sometimes triggers me (busted openings/curve more than generated cards) so I do take a break and I switch to a more skill based game (e.g. HotS or Starcraft 2) or a single player/co-op only (e.g. helldivers, PoE) where you can only blame yourself. It works for me.

Also playing burgle rogue really helps me.
02/21/2019 09:33 AMPosted by n25philly
Lol, with the current meta I am trying to figure out what to do when you can't make it to turn three without being sick to my stomach. It's a shame what !@#$ this game has become

Yeah todays quest is to play 30 hunter cards. Vs another Hunter. They have what seemed to be the typical bomber man deck. I was a turn away from a win BUT..

https://imgur.com/a/3dnLamF

Ah yes, Zilliax. You can always rely on Zillax to be in your hand ready to play on turn 5. 10 cards played, 20 more to go. Twitch has Classic Dr Who special vs the Daleks so I have something fun t watch while doing the ho hum.
To get to higher rank, it's now mostly luck since at higher ranks most people have the good decks and then it depends what cards come out in what order.
02/21/2019 08:05 AMPosted by Tyani
I’ve tried it, but when i come back i face the same degenerate decks like bigpriest. And needless to say i lose those matches. Likewise, it doesn’t matter if i take a break after losing some matches..i come back and lose some more. Taking breaks doesn’t make any kind of diffrence it seems. It doesn’t help in hearthstone, not in heroes nor anywhere it seems.

I’ve tried playing millrogue, odd warrior...none of them work. I just cannot win anymore. Now that i’ve dropped back down to rank 7 i see no reason to continue playing as it is impossible to reach rank 5 or higher. I got to the very edge of reaching rank 5 and was beaten by some douchebag playing the deck with no counters: bigpriest.

Makes my blood boil, that deck...

Ya I hate degenerate decks. Secret paladin was such an honourable deck to play back in the day.