Stupid mecha-cthun

Play Mode Discussion
God I hate mecha-chthun.

Like, so much. Feels so cheap when you lose to it.

Yeah, yeah, git gud or whatever. I've won to it lots too, I just hate losing to it.
Yeah, yeah, git gud or whatever.

No, why would we say that? You're right, it's a garbage card that needs to be removed from the game, alongside Baku and DK heroes.
I think mechathun was definitely a questionable design choice, just like giving Uther DK the exodia. If some deck actually finds a way to use it, it becomes somewhat oppressive. Burst damage can be countered, win the game effects cannot.
The dev team are the ones that need to "git gud". OTK needs to be hard to pull off again, like old malygos Rogue or whatever. Its WAY too easy right now. Stupidly easy.
02/22/2019 09:48 AMPosted by Гуди
alongside Baku and DK heroes.
without genn/baku, quests and dk or any "special" mechanics, we'd only have empty xpacs like boomsday or rr, with the same meta before and after the xpac
02/22/2019 10:43 AMPosted by Mikey
The dev team are the ones that need to "git gud". OTK needs to be hard to pull off again, like old malygos Rogue or whatever. Its WAY too easy right now. Stupidly easy.
do you plan to whine on every topic? you're good, you make on misplay but yo'ure stuck at rank 20 because of t3 decks?
Wow... I didn't think anyone would actually agree with me. I'd just lost to a warlock mecha deck and was feeling quite bitter.

Now that I have a calmer mind... yeah, F that card. It's cheap and should never have been made. I don't mind getting my butt whooped when someone makes a really good play or when I screw up... but when someone is like, "Duh, I got rid of ALL my cards, I win!"... It's just... frustrating.
02/22/2019 09:43 AMPosted by omega1227
Yeah, yeah, git gud or whatever. I've won to it lots too, I just hate losing to it.
That's fair enough and everything. But I'm curious; is there any deck you LIKE to lose to?

I doubt it.

02/22/2019 10:47 AMPosted by Shakou
02/22/2019 10:43 AMPosted by Mikey
do you plan to whine on every topic? you're good, you make on misplay but yo'ure stuck at rank 20 because of t3 decks?
It's Mikey. Of course he is! That's what he does best.
That's fair enough and everything. But I'm curious; is there any deck you LIKE to lose to?

Don't pretend that every defeat is the same. Sometimes, the guy is just better than you. Sometimes, even though you lost, you still enjoyed the game because it was close or challenging.
And, some other times, you want to punch your screen because you lost to a garbage gimmick that shouldn't exist.
02/22/2019 12:55 PMPosted by Гуди

Don't pretend that every defeat is the same. Sometimes, the guy is just better than you. Sometimes, even though you lost, you still enjoyed the game because it was close or challenging.
And, some other times, you want to punch your screen because you lost to a garbage gimmick that shouldn't exist.

Plenty of people on these forums seem to define every deck they lose to as “garbage gimmick that shouldn’t exist.”
There IS a card that hard counters it a bit, but including hakkar in your deck just for the mechathun matchup is questionable (plus it can potentially be silenced)
after all this time of seeing all these complaints, I finally saw the first mechathun played against me today,
I only play like 1-2 games a day but after all this time.. crazy

big comeback for druid against my odd mage, in which my janalele was milled, still barely won in fatigue.. and I don't do so well with odd mage
02/22/2019 10:47 AMPosted by Shakou

this guy you can safely ignore ...is one of the very few here who doesnt add anything to any thread
because not only he posts just to whine is often off topic too
I love beating u noobs with this card and having u cry like babies on this forum. Anyone else feel good when these crybabies come to whine? LOL!
02/22/2019 03:37 PMPosted by TheDarkArmy
I love beating u noobs with this card and having u cry like babies on this forum. Anyone else feel good when these crybabies come to whine? LOL!

That pretty much goes along with my idea of who likes this card.

These inevitable defeat cards are not enjoyable, and never have been. For a game that once valued “interaction” to have cards based on NOT interacting is a head scratcher.
I agree, it doesn't feel good to lose to. It's not a very good card though. All of its decks are tier 4 or worse. It feeds on control and combo decks that are too slow, or don't have the tech to counter it.
02/22/2019 12:55 PMPosted by Гуди

Plenty of people on these forums seem to define every deck they lose to as “garbage gimmick that shouldn’t exist.”

There's a difference between losing because you lost board control at a key time, or you get baited into a big AoE, or the opponent was smart with playing taunts at the right time, etc.

And there's losing because the guy just dumped out his entire deck in 9 turns and you can't do anything about it because they have 25 armor at all times.
02/22/2019 03:37 PMPosted by TheDarkArmy

Because why think about card choice and deck strategy when you can just play a card that says " win the game."
at this point i dont even waste my time if i know my opponent is playing mechathun i just concede.

its way to boring and your only win condition is either
having counter cards or him drawing really bad either way its not fun.
all game where win enemy in one round if have 0 cards in board and Im full healt is wrong!

There's a difference between losing because you lost board control at a key time, or you get baited into a big AoE, or the opponent was smart with playing taunts at the right time, etc.

And there's losing because the guy just dumped out his entire deck in 9 turns and you can't do anything about it because they have 25 armor at all times.

That... has nothing to do with what I said?