Mechathun = playing a single player game

Play Mode Discussion
I'm sorry, but I fail to see the reason to keep playing if this continues to be a thing. It doesn't matter what the other player does, Mechathun net decks go off regardless of what you do.

Every one of these games is so boring is the worst part.

There is virtually no interaction, no action, just armoring up to insane proportions, drawing and using any number of methods of finishing off the deck. And nothing whatsoever the opponent does changes the outcome.

Why? Seriously why is this a REGULAR THING??
At LEAST have this trash in Wild where there are more counters to this self-playing nonsense.

I thought this is supposed to be a game vs players, not against bots. Every one of these matches is just watching the opponent pull this very-stupid net deck, and they do nothing to interact with me. It's just armor, armor, draw, minion damage, mana manipulation and then one of several variations of triggering it's win condition. It is so stupidly boring to watch these copycats repeat a one-trick pony that literally anyone can run if they have the right cards.

How is this helping keep this game alive? Interesting? Fun?
Mojomaster works well against this OTK. Only way I have found out the card not being complete trash tier is by using it right before they finish the combo.

Hope for board presence, play Zihi a pray you can kill him through all that armor in few turns
Here’s how OTK works:
They draw, draw, gain armor, remove anything you play, draw some more, heal up, remove your board again, gain some life and armor. Then with nothing on the board they instantly kill you with a combination of cards they easily attained through the aforementioned string of drawing cards.

People can stay in denial, or they can realise that otk/combo decks being what they are: Overpowered. In the truest sense of the word. They lack counters/counterplay, are very easy to pull off, and can win with an empty board, something the devs said they DID NOT LIKE with Leeroy. Worse yet, there is no counterplay at all. I’ve heard people say play aggro, against that metric tonne of armor and healing? GL buddy. Zihi? Merely delaying the inevitable. It doesn’t work.

Nowadays its one of THREE kinds of decks:
-combo/otk (any kind of priest deck, mechathun druid, mechathun warlock, otk-mage, mechathun warrior, otk paladin)
-genn/baku(oddmage, oddpaladin, evenpaladin, evenwarlock, evenshaman, oddrogue)
-hunter

You know how bad the meta is right now? I’m glad to see a damn hunter as an opponent and i Hate playing against hunters and their opressively agressive toolkit. The devs HAVE to step in here.
02/11/2019 10:35 PMPosted by Tyani

The devs HAVE to step in here.

This is what needs to be repeated over and over.

I agree with everything you said, and I see most of the forums full of similar stuff, of people who like this sort of play defending it through denial and the rest of us begging for this to be a good game again.

I left for years, and came back to find nothing worked until I copied a net deck, with some poor-man's changes... and all I did was craft Baku and found odd-rogue to be cheap enough to craft a playable deck.

And OH MY GAWD I rushed up to rank 11 (couldn't beat 19 since I've come back, until I went net deck). Crafting a single card allowed me to go combo. I made plenty of perfectly fine decks that got annihilated by all sorts of combo trash. And even STILL, at rank 11, I'm finding positively HORRIBLE players, making all sorts of mistakes, and still their deck synergy is so strong I cannot beat them.

It would be one thing if the game had some fun with crafting decks, because playing them is stagnant and non-interactive. But you can't even experiment, save making slight modifications to the pre-built decks you mentioned.

This game went from chess to checkers.
Now, before I start debunking some of the ridiculous claims here I say this; I don't like Mecha'thun decks myself. They're boring, uninteresting, well maybe fun to try out for the first couple matches before I get bored, and they're polarizing because only aggro decks, or decks with counters like Mojomaster Zihi or Warlock with Demonic Project can beat them efficiently.

But let's not let our emotions and f-fe-fee-FEELINGS get in the way of facts and objectivity.

People can stay in denial, or they can realise that otk/combo decks being what they are: Overpowered.
Oh really? If they really are that "Overpowered" how come there is, according to HSReplay, not even one SINGLE Mecha'thun decks in tiers 1-2 (decks with +50% win rates)? How can a deck be overpowered AND still not be one of the best decks with the highest win rates in the game? How is that possible???

Source: https://hsreplay.net/meta/

Could it be that YOU are the one living in denial? Maybe? Possibly...? Just a thought.

In the truest sense of the word.
Pfft! That's rich coming from you after your last statement. You don't even know what that word means!

They lack counters/counterplay, are very easy to pull off, and can win with an empty board
Again; if they're that good then why none of their decks reach even 50% win rate according to HSReplay? If they really are that "overpowered" it would show in the UNBIASED data.

Worse yet, there is no counterplay at all. I’ve heard people say play aggro, against that metric tonne of armor and healing? GL buddy. Zihi? Merely delaying the inevitable. It doesn’t work.
But of course they won't work if you or your deck suck. Not much anyone can do about that, except yourself.

and can win with an empty board, something the devs said they DID NOT LIKE with Leeroy.
That is a fair point but we got to remember that there are two big differences between Leeroy and Mecha'thun.
1. Leeroy doesn't kill you from full health and through bazillion armor.
And 2. You can see Mecha'thun coming VERY early on and act accordingly. It's painfully obvious when your opponent is playing a Mecha'thun deck. Leeroy on the other hand usually comes out of nowhere and can finish you off if you got less than half of your health left and you got something to buff his attack.

Look, you guys can dislike Mecha'thun, and OTK decks in general, as much as you want, I mean I dislike those decks. But don't pretend they're the most oppressive or "overpowered" decks with no counters or anything. Because that's simply not true. Decks like Mecha'thun Warlock/Druid and OTK Paladin/Mage (the latter which I think is also known as Quest Mage), statistically, lose way more matches than win according to HSReplay. Ignoring unbiased DATA and FACTS is living in denial.
OTK/Combo is an archetype that needs to die in a slow and horrible way.Any meta where taking away interactivity and killing an opponent with little to no counterplay is horrible for any card game.
I will add my voice to the chorus of Mecha’thun dislike. As a control player (predominantly), and someone who often just plays for fun (see: Tess Academic Espionage Rogue), facing Mecha’thun is the height of impotent futility - what a waste of my time, watching my opponent cycle through their deck until the inevitable activation.

But what cemented it for me was facing a Druid whom I continued sapping and Vanishing (Tess shenanigans) in a deliberate attempt to ensure minions in hand... only to have him play and target his own minions to kill them off. I mean, clever on his part, but literally nothing that I could do to prevent it. The epitome of solitaire - zero interaction when he is consistently killing off his own minions! snore.
02/11/2019 10:26 PMPosted by Pumaster
Why? Seriously why is this a REGULAR THING??
At LEAST have this trash in Wild where there are more counters to this self-playing nonsense.

Imo this trash should be nowhere to be found.

Also i think we should stop complaining cause blizzard devs might actually nerf ancestral healing, rockbitter weapon, moonfire and healing touch.
What did you say? This has nothing to do with the complaints? Just check the rest of the nerfs then.
The devs HAVE to step in here.

they did
they gave us mojomaster

that card alone won so many games vs mechathun decks
combo/otk (any kind of priest deck,

Control priest isn't a combo deck.
Just uninstall the game.
They’re literally playing every card in their deck and you aren’t interacting with them?

What have you been doing with all that time?
02/12/2019 04:38 AMPosted by Madmax
combo/otk (any kind of priest deck,

since when?
02/12/2019 04:41 AMPosted by Mand
They’re literally playing every card in their deck and you aren’t interacting with them?

Cards that draw cards that draw cards is not exactly my definition of interaction
02/12/2019 04:48 AMPosted by haargroth
02/12/2019 04:38 AMPosted by Madmax

since when?

Since always? Just because it has Mind Blast/Voidform as a (possible) finisher it doesn’t make it a combo deck. Standard Control Priest isn’t built around that combo, it just has that as one possible tool to finish the game.
OTK decks suck.

When I see a Druid drawing his entire deck by turn 8, and I have Hakkar IN MY HANDS, and dont have 10 mana crystals...

The entire match is "Will I draw Hakkar, can my opponent have horrible RNG and not play his combo before I can play 1 card and kill it."

My deck only needs 2 cards. Hakkar, and the trigger.

Glad I bought $100+ in packs.
Not sure I totally agree with the sentiment but if you were to refer to Druids solely I think I would have to agree I struggle vs those most of the time although I have watched them mess it up and try and fake me out but you will have to get up very early in the morning mate, no chance. That and Maly Rogue can be a pain as it can be done very quickly which at least wastes less time.

My own Priest deck will generally beat OTK priests sometime by turn 7 or 8 as it has surprises. C'Thun Warlock can in fact be really easy to beat as they generally have to damage themselves a lot and if they don't get the spellstones that spells trouble. (Bazinga)

Paladin similarly takes a long time to pull off, you have sufficient warning to go aggressive as you can.
02/12/2019 05:28 AMPosted by Koore
02/12/2019 04:41 AMPosted by Mand

Cards that draw cards that draw cards is not exactly my definition of interaction

I asked what YOU have been doing.
Which Mecha'thun deck? It sounds like Druid, and I'll agree that it's not very interactive. It's easy to counter though. You've got Mojomaster Zihi and Skulking Geist. Hakkar will easily shut Mecha'thun down too. Griftah and Drakkari Trickster can slow them down considerably.

I've been trying out Mecha'thun Warlock and it wound up being as interactive as anything else... but that's because life is an important resource for the combo.
PSA: Mechathun locks in Wild now run Reno in a deck full of 2-of's, just because they can and it apparently works.