nerf hyena

Play Mode Discussion
Honestly, i thought i hated aggro, but omg there is nothing that infuriates me more, than that stupid hyena snowballing into a 13/7 by turn 5 because my opponents ALWAYS freaking have springpaw and dire mole and razor opening hand. Legit out of 8 games at rank 4, ALL OF THEM had that opening hand. And i of course lost because 1. i'm not as lucky as my opponent, never draw hex or silence. 2.I hate that hyena.
Agreed.

And morons don't acknowledge the new cards that are making this old card abusive.
Hyena isn't that difficult to play around, if you're not zoo or Odd Paladin.
Uninstalling would probably solve the problem.
02/23/2019 05:39 PMPosted by StoicPaladin
Uninstalling would probably solve the problem.

Know what else would solve that problem? Moving that abomination of a card to hall of fame. It's had its time. That card will single handedly cripple the Hearthstone dev team from creating more rush hunter cards in future expansions, because of how strong it is. Something has to be done for balance reasons.
look at all the midrange hunters downvoting, haha, cute.
02/23/2019 05:58 PMPosted by krab777

I downvote stupidity, not because you are targeting a deck I play. Anyone who has been here a while knows the decks I play, and MR Hunter certainly does not fit my style for deck choice.

You losing to a card doesnt make it HoF worthy, fact!

Let me guess, you play a combo/OTK deck and drew poorly, allowing it to snowball out of control?
02/23/2019 06:02 PMPosted by Bowser

I downvote stupidity, not because you are targeting a deck I play. Anyone who has been here a while knows the decks I play, and MR Hunter certainly does not fit my style for deck choice.

Let me guess, you play a combo/OTK deck and drew poorly, allowing it to snowball out of control?

Actually, i'm playing hagatha midrange shaman. It's literally defensive early game and lich king/ big minion elementals late game. It's completely off meta. In theory, i should be favored vs that matchup. However, i never win vs them.
Play an AOE that deals more than 1 damage and the Hyena melts like a candle.

/s
02/23/2019 06:06 PMPosted by krab777
In theory, i should be favored vs that matchup. However, i never win vs them.

So why are you extending into their Hyena if they "always have it in hand"?

If you dont have an answer in hand, maybe do the MR thing and bide your time until you do? And, as said above, its not Hyena thats the cause, is Lynx! without it Hyena is borderline useless, theres a reason its seen very little play in competitive decks since HS launched!

Actually, i'm playing hagatha midrange shaman. It's literally defensive early game and lich king/ big minion elementals late game. It's completely off meta. In theory, i should be favored vs that matchup. However, i never win vs them.

First question, are you hero powering?

Yes, outside of DK Rexxar intervention I would think you should be favored; however, if the Hyena is causing such issues then one option would be to tech in Earth Shock which will pretty much cause the kill and buff strategy to be a slight negative for your opponent tempo wise.

Exactly.

It's like going to a prison and saying crime is what dumb people do, and getting booed.

Are you surprised these guys who exploit things want to protect that thing?

"Crap guys, they're on to us, if they say Hyena we downvote! Who's with me!"
02/23/2019 06:26 PMPosted by Bowser
In theory, i should be favored vs that matchup. However, i never win vs them.

If you dont have an answer in hand, maybe do the MR thing and bide your time until you do? And, as said above, its not Hyena thats the cause, is Lynx! without it Hyena is borderline useless, theres a reason its seen very little play in competitive decks since HS launched!

"Der der der are you playing minions so they can crash their minions into your minions, der der der!!!"

"Uh, sorry Mr. Genius Bowser, I had no idea I shouldn't play minions! THANKS! Now I know not to play minions and just take it up the can while the Terribly underdeveloped Hyena pecks me slowly to death!!!"

Unbelievable

Do you even play this game?

Denial is more than a river in Egypt

"Pfftt.. I have never been killed by a Hyena and I get legend in 10 minutes at the start of the month and I know everything, this game is so easy, I have a 100% win rate with all decks I play, anyone who doesn't is a stupid peasant"

Are you serious dude, really?

You can't even concede to a teeny tiny teeny tiny bit of truth that the GD Hyena is a piece of crap card? Can't bend at all? Not at all?
I've been playing Dragon Inner Fire Priest, Miracle Rogue, "Pirate" Miracle Rogue, and some kind of Aggro Overload Shaman. None of those have a problem with Hyena.

Are you playing Thunderhead? It's fantastic at taking back a board from a Hunter. I'm running Zap, Lightning Bolt, and Voltaic Burst; if I get a Thunderhead down, and any of those spells (sometimes requiring a Coin), the Hunter's board is generally gone.

And yes, even though my deck IS aggressive, sometimes the best play on turn 2 is to hero power (or do nothing) instead of playing Menacing Nimbus.

Not always, but if the Hunter leads with a single Springpaw, then you know they have a follow-up, so why play into it? Force them to extend their hand, and get some value out of it.

You can do exactly the same type of thing (sometimes) prior to the Hunter's turn 4. You know the only good on-curve play that they have (usually) is Flanking Strike, so if your board is empty, let it stay that way for a turn. Or play a few tiny things instead of one thing with exactly 3 health. Not always an option, but if it fits your game plan, forcing the Hunter to curve out poorly can be the right move.

Hyena rewards interacting with the board, and maintaining board control. Why would you want to nerf one of the few cards left that does that?
02/23/2019 07:26 PMPosted by Paf
You can't even concede to a teeny tiny teeny tiny bit of truth that the GD Hyena is a piece of crap card? Can't bend at all? Not at all?

Nope, because its NOT a problem. Its the NEW cards which have caused it to even be viable. Your hate is aimed at the wrong cards, can you admoit that, or have you not played since classic? "cos its fact. Hyena is NOT the problem, if there is one, its in the NEW enablers...

02/23/2019 05:27 PMPosted by Paf
Agreed.

And morons don't acknowledge the new cards that are making this old card abusive.

You even admit it here. Its NOT the old cards, but the new ones! So why target the classic set?

But, hey, lets make the evergreen set full of nothing but magma ragers, 'cos thats ALL that will happen if it keeps getting targeted for nerfs!
02/23/2019 07:23 PMPosted by Paf
02/23/2019 06:26 PMPosted by Bowser

"Der der der are you playing minions so they can crash their minions into your minions, der der der!!!"

"Uh, sorry Mr. Genius Bowser, I had no idea I shouldn't play minions! THANKS! Now I know not to play minions and just take it up the can while the Terribly underdeveloped Hyena pecks me slowly to death!!!"

Unbelievable

You are probably the kind of player that just run willy nilly into Hunter Traps. If you not able to deal with the buffed hyena why are you giving the opponent stuff to feed on? Yeah it sucks having the hyena peck you slowly but is just feeding it that much better? Also just because your opponent has an explosive agro start and you draw no early game to slow them down and/or fight for the board does not mean that something needs to be nerfed or HoF. You basically describe losing to a nut agro draw when you have no early game and that's no reason for something to be nerfed or HoF.
02/23/2019 08:00 PMPosted by Bowser

Nope, because its NOT a problem. Its the NEW cards which have caused it to even be viable. Your hate is aimed at the wrong cards, can you admoit that, or have you not played since classic? "cos its fact. Hyena is NOT the problem, if there is one, its in the NEW enablers...

02/23/2019 05:27 PMPosted by Paf
Agreed.

You even admit it here. Its NOT the old cards, but the new ones! So why target the classic set?

But, hey, lets make the evergreen set full of nothing but magma ragers, 'cos thats ALL that will happen if it keeps getting targeted for nerfs!

The entire classic set needs to be rotated out of this game and/or merged with basic.

This game is built on a foundation that can't support it anymore.

To be honest, I think the classic set should just go to wild.

Why do I buy new expansions if I'm still using knife jugglers, hyenas mind blasts divine spirit inner fire hunters mark do i need to keep listing the AUTO INCLUDES from the classic and basic set?

Do you even play this game?

Denial is more than a river in Egypt

"Pfftt.. I have never been killed by a Hyena and I get legend in 10 minutes at the start of the month and I know everything, this game is so easy, I have a 100% win rate with all decks I play, anyone who doesn't is a stupid peasant"

Are you serious dude, really?

It's not a problem if you don't play into it. Yeah, the modicum of skill Hearthstone allows for requires that you not just indiscriminately play your minions just because you can. Shaman has a good board clear. Let them play out there hand use it, then play your minions.

Maybe if you actually listened to the people that play this game a lot, instead of just dismissing them as biased Hunter Mains, you'd learn something.

Maybe it's just that you're wrong, and not that everything and everyone else is out to get you.
02/23/2019 08:17 PMPosted by Paf
02/23/2019 08:00 PMPosted by Bowser

The entire classic set needs to be rotated out of this game and/or merged with basic.

This game is built on a foundation that can't support it anymore.

To be honest, I think the classic set should just go to wild.

Why do I buy new expansions if I'm still using knife jugglers, hyenas mind blasts divine spirit inner fire hunters mark do i need to keep listing the AUTO INCLUDES from the classic and basic set?

Im not against the ENTIRE set being rotated/adjusted. I am against continually weakening the set, especially with cards like Hyena which have rarely been a problem, if even seen, without supporting cards making them popular.

Dont target a single card, target the WHOLE set. It needs some housekeeping, as the general consensus seems to agree with at this point in time.