nerf hyena

Play Mode Discussion
02/26/2019 05:47 AMPosted by Gwyneth
Unless of course, like 99% of this forum, you think Hunter shouldn't be viable?

Yep, I'm here saying the following because I don't want Hunter to be viable

Rexxar by itself I think would put a serious dent on MR Hunter... let alone anything or everything else. The rest of the stuff doesn't matter as much as I assume Hunter will get some good spells in the next expansion and they have some like Wing Blast which isn't used but is still a good spell.

>.>

02/26/2019 06:19 AMPosted by Gwyneth
"Oh, it's Hunter's fault that the metagame sucks!"
As opposed to killing the same minion 10 times in a single match?
As opposed to Frost Lich Jaina?
As opposed to Guldan?

The 'Big Three' DKs... Rexxar, Gul'Dan, and FLJ. All three of them have different issues and two of them, Rexxar and Gul'Dan, have anchored top-end decks. I get why FLJ is annoying to people; however, it is probably safely #3 of the power 3 DKs.

02/26/2019 06:19 AMPosted by Gwyneth
At this point, I wonder why Blizzard just doesn't pull the class from WoW and Hearthstone. We will never be appreciated or respected or even left alone.

I've seen threads complain about Hunter when Hunter was trash tier! How about people get off Rexxar's nuts and learn to play?

Hunter is literally weapons, spells and beasts. That's it.

Welcome to Priest as well. When the class had 1.5% class representation Entomb was complained about >.>

Stop hyperventilating. At least half of this thread is people, including me, saying Hyena is fine. The -only- card in Hunter right now that I feel is too far above curve is DK Rexxar (same w/ Gul'Dan.... more neutral on FLJ). Much like w/ Druid and UI I would say nothing should be touched in Hunter until the class is forced to survive without their DK. At least then the class loses the value engine and takes away one of three win avenues I highlighted above. Once Rexxar leaves (and Diamond Spellstone) I think Control will be a lot different post-rotation.

I wasn't hyper ventilating but I was annoyed and I'm sorry. It's just frustrating seeing all this hatred everywhere.

I'm just as sick of it all as much as everyone else. I'm not defending DK Rexxar - I think ALL the Death Knights need to go and they are in April.

What I don't want to happen is for something that is fine (hyena) get nerfed BEFORE rotation and then kills any chance of Hunter actually being balanced.

I get it - it's frustrating but I think we can all agree that we're all understandably frustrated. The metagame sucks and everything feels polarized/OP.

I just hate having the finger pointed at this one singular thing when it's a combination of things that make it miserable.

If Hunter wasn't on top, it would be something else. It just gets...old, you know?

Again, I'm sorry, Lykotic, for being dramatic.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Yep, I'm here saying the following because I don't want Hunter to be viable

>.>

The 'Big Three' DKs... Rexxar, Gul'Dan, and FLJ. All three of them have different issues and two of them, Rexxar and Gul'Dan, have anchored top-end decks. I get why FLJ is annoying to people; however, it is probably safely #3 of the power 3 DKs.

Welcome to Priest as well. When the class had 1.5% class representation Entomb was complained about >.>

Stop hyperventilating. At least half of this thread is people, including me, saying Hyena is fine. The -only- card in Hunter right now that I feel is too far above curve is DK Rexxar (same w/ Gul'Dan.... more neutral on FLJ). Much like w/ Druid and UI I would say nothing should be touched in Hunter until the class is forced to survive without their DK. At least then the class loses the value engine and takes away one of three win avenues I highlighted above. Once Rexxar leaves (and Diamond Spellstone) I think Control will be a lot different post-rotation.

I wasn't hyper ventilating but I was annoyed and I'm sorry. It's just frustrating seeing all this hatred everywhere.

I'm just as sick of it all as much as everyone else. I'm not defending DK Rexxar - I think ALL the Death Knights need to go and they are in April.

What I don't want to happen is for something that is fine (hyena) get nerfed BEFORE rotation and then kills any chance of Hunter actually being balanced.

I get it - it's frustrating but I think we can all agree that we're all understandably frustrated. The metagame sucks and everything feels polarized/OP.

I just hate having the finger pointed at this one singular thing when it's a combination of things that make it miserable.

If Hunter wasn't on top, it would be something else. It just gets...old, you know?

To be fair, it is always a combination of cards that creates problematic game states.

On it's own, hyena is very reasonable.

Pair hyena with springpaws, maybe a tundra rhino and/or revenge of the wild... no longer reasonable.

Dire frenzy? Perfectly ok on its own.

On a charge minion followed by a master's call? Much, much less ok.

The only card hunter has that is individually over the top is DK Rexxar.

At this point. I'm just waiting out the next month with minimal play to see where the dust settles post rotation and the first set of it. There's too many things that could be nerfed right now due to the absurd power level of the DK's, K&C, and Baku/Genn.
02/26/2019 07:10 AMPosted by Smeet

To be fair, it is always a combination of cards that creates problematic game states.

On it's own, hyena is very reasonable.

Pair hyena with springpaws, maybe a tundra rhino and/or revenge of the wild... no longer reasonable.

Dire frenzy? Perfectly ok on its own.

On a charge minion followed by a master's call? Much, much less ok.

The only card hunter has that is individually over the top is DK Rexxar.

At this point. I'm just waiting out the next month with minimal play to see where the dust settles post rotation and the first set of it. There's too many things that could be nerfed right now due to the absurd power level of the DK's, K&C, and Baku/Genn.

Hyena is 2 mana so the soonest it could be player with Springpaw is T3.

Dire Frenzy is 4 mana so the soonest IT can be played is T5 on a 1 cost minion.

Tundra Rhino is 5 mana so the soonest THAT combo is T9...

This is all under the assumption that your beasts live long enough for you to use Dire Frenzy.

Aside from Kathrena (T8), it is impossible to cheat out beasts. Mages have Primordial Glyph and Warlocks are able to cheat out demons.

I think that Dire Frenzy, Springpaw and Hyena make up for that: even Rhokdelar only adds spells to your hand: not beasts. Unless you run dinomancy, or use the stealth that buffs your beasts, hyena, dire frenzy, razormaw and houndmaster are the only buffs Hunter really has.

Again, I think that once DK Rexxar rotates, this will drop Hunter's power level quite a bit. Plus, none of us know what the next xpac has in store for us.
02/25/2019 07:41 PMPosted by Lykotic
02/25/2019 06:42 PMPosted by Gwyneth
I was not aware you had said SV was a mistake but it doesn't stop you from playing it, now does it?

First: I think (sticking to Standard) that playing Hakkar as my win condition in Priest is probably enough of a handicap, don't you?

Second: If I'm not mistaken... you play DK Rexxar and in Standard I think we can all say DK's ability to just win the value war by itself is probably a bit too much at this point in time... right?

02/25/2019 06:42 PMPosted by Gwyneth
Dire Frenzy+Master's Call isn't much different than DS/IF combo shenanigans.

Not disagreeing at all with this, but again, you're under the assumption that I think SV turning this meme-ish interaction into a reliable win condition was a good move. Tutoring is a REALLY powerful ability and HS, I think, uses it too much.

Also yes the Wall Priest (or Gallery) is pulling win conditions but right now the only Midrange-ish deck that has a good shot against Hunter (>40%) is Rush Warrior.

MR Hunter right now is approaching a gameplan that is eerily similar to what ONIK MR Shaman was able to accomplish
-It can win the early game
-It can win the midgame,
-It can win the value game.

The only difference right now is that ONIK Shaman didn't really have to deal with a deal with an OTK that was common and, fun fact, Freeze Mage was the only deck that was favored against ONIK MR Shaman and it was an OTK deck that could negate the board much like Priest is able to do now just in a different fashion

Scaving Hyena is cheat hunter card it get buffed a 2/1 every time a friendly beast dies. That 2/2 body becomes 18/9 body either we nerf it murloc Warleader or put it in the Hall of Fall.
Scaving Hyena needs to die it too a strong card for current meta. Hunter can go long way to keep Savaging Hyena alive and keep feeding it lives of beast. OTK hunter deck use Scavaging Hyena lot it need now to be put to sleep it used in pretty much every Hunter deck, either put it in Hall of Fame or nerf it
"Scavenging Hyena is a common hunter minion card, from the Classic set."
Shows potential to be a Hall of Fame card
Cost 2 mana 2/2
"Whenever a friendly Beast dies, gain +2/+1."
That explains it too strong this card has to be nerfed otherwise it cause more problems in other metas
It seem unfair Murloc Warleader an epic card gets a nerf but Scavenging Hyena a common hunter card from classic set doesn't, that feels like it cheating.
I waited a long time and time again is it going be Scavenging Hyena's turn it a strong card and strong common card most used by Hunters
It time we made a call Scavenging Hyena you need to go your too OP it time nerf u or put u in Hall of Fame
It isn't a cheating card because:

A) A beast has to die

B) It is just as susceptible to silence and removal as anything else

C) Mana Wyrm, Secret Keeper, Gurubashi Berserker - ALL classic cards that receive buffs.

Also, Hench Clan Thug.
02/26/2019 11:35 AMPosted by LoveIsMisery
"Scavenging Hyena is a common hunter minion card, from the Classic set."
Shows potential to be a Hall of Fame card
Cost 2 mana 2/2
"Whenever a friendly Beast dies, gain +2/+1."
That explains it too strong this card has to be nerfed otherwise it cause more problems in other metas

It hasn't been a problem card... since....
GvG probably and certainly since TGT

So I would say burden on it being the 'Always a huge issue" card is on you since it has gone a long time since it was in a common Hunter deck that was doing well and even capable of leveraging the card.
02/23/2019 05:17 PMPosted by krab777
Honestly, i thought i hated aggro, but omg there is nothing that infuriates me more, than that stupid hyena snowballing into a 13/7 by turn 5 because my opponents ALWAYS freaking have springpaw and dire mole and razor opening hand. Legit out of 8 games at rank 4, ALL OF THEM had that opening hand. And i of course lost because 1. i'm not as lucky as my opponent, never draw hex or silence. 2.I hate that hyena.

Lucky snowballing early cards have ALWAYS been a part of hearthstone. If you lack a decent way to deal with turn 2 or 3 you can lose a game. Deal with it. Just because hunter is a flavor of the week doesn't mean that we should nerf more of the classic set. Have you ever seen a lucky early Edwin Vancleef? How about a coin double flame imp? Mana Wyrm was the latest victim to be ruined. Just stop
I faced countless Hunters that have used Scavenging Hyena, and lost to all of them.
Every Hunter deck relay on keeping the Scavenging Hyena alive long enough to immoblize your opponent and yet defeating them.
HSreply states That every Hunter that have used Scavenging has 60% Wingate and it most used Hunter card played in every deck.
So this data tell me Scavenging Hyena is too OP in any meta it make Hunter deck using Scavenging Hyena impossible to win against it need a nerf or put it in Hall of Fame
02/26/2019 12:29 PMPosted by LoveIsMisery
Every Hunter deck relay on keeping the Scavenging Hyena alive long enough to immoblize your opponent and yet defeating them.

DR Hunter, which is the top by WR, doesn't use Hyena at all. Can you stop with al the misinformation BS

HSreply states That every Hunter that have used Scavenging has 60% Wingate and it most used Hunter card played in every deck.

Again so.... DR Hunter doesn't use Hyena AT ALL so you're just making up BS
02/26/2019 01:01 PMPosted by Lykotic

DR Hunter, which is the top by WR, doesn't use Hyena at all. Can you stop with al the misinformation BS

Again so.... DR Hunter doesn't use Hyena AT ALL so you're just making up BS

DR Hunter doesn't use Hyena. Midrange/Beast/Hybrid Hunters might but DR definitely doesn't use Hyena. 3 drop is usually terrorscale stalker.

You claim to face these decks but have no idea what is in them? But they're OP? Sounds like a L2P problem to me...
02/26/2019 07:21 AMPosted by Gwyneth

Hyena is 2 mana so the soonest it could be player with Springpaw is T3.

[/quote]

Well that's wrong, kinda. ( I say kinda because, yes, you're right, you cant play a 1 cost card and a 2 cost card TOGETHER until turn 3, yes) But the SP can help the Hyena Turn TWO

Springpaw turn 1. For this example it can't be killed. Warrior,Paladin, Priest, what can they kill it with?

Turn 2 Hyena, SP crash Hyena is 4/3 on turn 2.

Turn 3 razormaw, SP, 6/4 Hyena with whatever buff RM gave it, Turn 3 (you can ignore the RM for that turn too and its still 6/4 because of SP's.

Turn 4 Animal companion or Unleash the hounds, not fun.