Aus/NZ General Discussion

May 23 ANZ HGC Season 3 Qualifiers It’s time to launch into Season 3 for the ANZ HGC. There is $20,000 AUD prize pool and the winner will advance to the Western Clash. Dates for the ANZ Season 3 Qualifiers are: Gamestah Series Qualifiers: 30 May to 22 June ANZ Heroes Qualifier: 24 June [Link TBD] The top two teams from both qualifiers will compete in the ANZ Finals on 1 July. Qualifier sign-ups are open above, so begin filling out your team right now! More information on the Gamestah qualifier can be found here.Takralus0 May 23
Mar 14, 2014 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Aus/NZ General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Heroes of the Storm with your fellow Australian and New Zealand players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/12077367625?page=1#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Vaeflare2 Mar 14, 2014
Nov 29 ANZ Streamers & Content Creators We’re looking for talent from the ANZ region! Are you an avid Heroes streamer or video creator from Australia or New Zealand? Looking to grow your community or just raise awareness about what you do? Then this thread is the place to share your details! Post links to your channel in this thread, along with a few reasons why people should drop by to check it out. Think about including some of the following details in your post: Type of content (Streamer/Pre-recorded content) If you’re a streamer, what are your usual play times? Level of experience (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced) Preferred Heroes A bit about yourselfTakralus25 Nov 29
Apr 23 ANZ Heroes, Battle tags Hey All, I know there was a few of us ANZ people who where lucky enough to get an invite. Drop your battle tag in here and we can organise an ANZ game hopefully. Narull#6634 is me if anyone wants to add me. _______________________________________________ Twitter: @Narull | ANZ Diablo III MVP http://www.blizzposts.com - Keep track of all Official Blizzard posts. There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Olde English'Narull265 Apr 23
Apr 17, 2017 Weekly Sale Items for April 18 – 25, 2017 A new Weekly Sale will begin on Tuesday, April 18, offering real-money discounts on several items! Check out our upcoming sale items below: Weekly Sale Items for Apr 18 – 25, 2017 Lunara — Sale Price: $4.10 AUD Sentinel Lunara Skin — Sale Price: $3.90 AUD Cyb’arak Anub’arak Skin — Sale Price: $5.17 AUD The following changes will also take place in the Heroes of the Storm in-game shop alongside next week’s sale: Bundles Removed 2017 Heroes of the Dorm Bundle Pirate Queen Cassia BundleSpyrian84 Apr 17, 2017
3d Solution for low population regions. So I'm from ANZ and the biggest problem I have with the game is that I can only play with my friends in Quickmatch. TL and Unranked don't exist here and HL is solo que only. For a long time I wanted blizz to bring duo que back but another idea that occurs to me is why not make QM solo que only? Everyone would be happy right? If you wanna just have QM fun game with no pressure and its just you.. you que QM.. if your playing with friends you play in TL. I don't even get why qm is group que anyway when I think about it.. unranked would be exactly the same but it actually has draft and would be so much more fun for groups and since qm is solo que people who just wanna play on their own wouldn't feel pressured to draft..Nicklah0 3d
Apr 12 Who's your favourite pubstomber My boy Ragnaros can turn a game in my favor a vast majority of the timeRonRon2 Apr 12
Apr 12 AI might help with ping (Theory/Question) I wonder if you get a group of all of us australians and then go to AI,we are all in Australia it is just the server itself is in a America,so there for we should not have very high ping (Exceding 200+) it is just a Question like a myth busting,just want to know if it works.Also if you connected to Asia then your ping probably would not be this high regularly.imthehellhou0 Apr 12
Apr 12 Sick of getting bad team mates I'm a Diamond 3 league player and have almost 6k solo MMR on Dota 2. If you're good, add me: b0b#6304b0b14 Apr 12
Apr 11 Queing NA and playing AU :/ Hi, occasionnaly when up late night i used to Q NA from EU First game i had infact placed me in AU (250/300 ping), making everything unmanageable - used to be 100/150max dunno really, just reporting its too weird and un-legitimate a game to play for teammates and myself, its breaking human reaction time in delay :/>sweep0 Apr 11
Apr 9 Can we request a player be banned; on the forums? Hi All, Can we request a player be banned here? i have logged it a number of times as he clearly goes AFK and moves enough to not get booted, but otherwise just waits the game out, more often that not, he is not even talking. Now I don't understand why someone would play like this, but he does and his match history shows it as well, without a single win, in maybe 30 games, then one win, then another 20+ games without a win etc. He seems to enjoy the pre-game chatter where he winds the team up, then he goes AFK and blizzard seem unable (or unwilling) to ban him. So can we mention names here? would it help? He is ruining the game experience! it's no fun to win when he is on the other team, and it sure doesn't help when he is on your team.Whitelight8 Apr 9
Apr 4 WORST TECHINICAL SUPORT EVER WORST TECHINICAL SUPORT EVER WORST TECHINICAL SUPORT EVER WORST TECHINICAL SUPORT EVER WORST TECHINICAL SUPORT EVERAnarqi3 Apr 4
Apr 3 Explicit Behaviour Hi, just a question about the reporting system. I am not going to call anyone out but just wondering how many reports does it take to actually get something done? There are known trolls in our region that are frequently discussed in ANZ chat and are avoided if possible because these individuals ruin the experience for both teams playing, especially hero league games. I couldn't care less if someone plays poorly or has a bad game, I do this myself more often then I'd like but when people intentionally feed or throw a game simply for the fun of it game after game questions have to be asked on the reporting system. The hgc has been fantastic so far and hopefully our little region grows because of the exposure we are getting. I would just hate to see new players leave because of a frequent griefer trolling a game. Thanks for hopefully a quick response.Aggressive3 Apr 3
Apr 1 New Female only team looking for members Team "victorious Secret" is an all female team , looking for members to make up the 5. Rank is not an issue as it will be a newly formed team, wanting to grow and build together and have fun, please hit up mzhyde#1909 for more info, looking for all roles atm.PROX16 Apr 1
Apr 1 Fenix Ferf it's coming onSchyzo0 Apr 1
Mar 29 Site=Brazil hi Blizzard, Why am i connected to Brazil every first game i Q up. is my IP made in brazil? I am not using any masked services. this has been going on since the patch this week. happening in ranked game which is not great please fix it. rather irritating to play with 400-1k MS and a constant 1 sec delay.uccjyy0 Mar 29
Mar 21 Singaore Server Hey Peeps, Anyone experiencing higher than usual ping to the Singapore servers? I'm used to getting 50/60 ping usually but now I'm getting 200 + Anyone else having this issue? fyi, ping to aussie servers all good. Cheers!MAXPOWER1 Mar 21
Mar 17 Server and Player base Hey guys, since I'm new to heroes i only have tried several times playing QM and Brawl. I live in Indonesia, and the list of server that are playable for me is Singapore (about 30-100ms) and Australia (about 150-200ms), but out of all the games I play the ping seems very random, in one game i reach about 900ms in Singapore server and other reach 300-600ms in Australia server, from all the games i tried overall i have better experience playing on Aus server, but both server have queue time about 7-10 minutes for me. So the question is, is the Playerbase in both server are that low, and can someone explain why eventhough Singapore server is closer and have better ping in menu, but in game, it is can reach number that high? on a side note, each time i open the game the first game is always have 300 ping or more, but after that first game the next game ping go quite stable on 150-250ms, anyone have that same kind problem?Aisharp1 Mar 17
Mar 15 So what hope is there for team league in ANZ? Almost impossible to even find a match. No one wants to search for 30 minutes to find a match. Quick match can only be fun for so long before the inane drafts get frustrating. I'd ask optimistically if there was anyway to bring attention or for blizzard but i understand you cant just get a bunch of players to play it. Does anyone get matches rather easily because of your rank, amount of players you have or just by the time of the day? Not trying to rant i just feel that being unable to play with a group competitively disappointing.RonRon2 Mar 15
Mar 15 Cant handle 250 ping Hey all, I was playing with 2 friends and we were all set to AUS however it put us into US server base games 3 times in a row with the wait only being around 3 mins. I am not playing any game with a 250 ping don't care what it is and I am a patient man and can watch videos while I wait - is there any way to prevent connecting to a region you don't want it to? If not there should be :)SmiteBringer23 Mar 15
Feb 19 Why does this subforum exist? I'm not against Australia and New Zealand having their own subforum within HotS community. It's just that I would like to know, out of pure curiosity, why Blizzard decided to do that. I mean; I'm from Spain and I'm sharing the same forum with people from North America to Russia. And it's perfectly fine but I don't know why specifically people from Oceanía have got their own subforum. As I said before, it's just curiosity ^^LivingHate2 Feb 19
Feb 13 Server lag I party with my friends from peru and from NA, and they experience so much lag because they were put on an Australian server, is there any way to fix this? There was one game neither of us had lag, but I forgot to check what server we were on. sometimes lag was insane we just had to disband the party, constant dc and overall bad experience, what is causing this?Sakura0 Feb 13
Feb 9 200 ping while playing 200+ ping while playing Hero League . Please Blz, if you can not match AU/NZ players for me, tell me then. There is NOTHING to play if i am with 200+ ping. I lost more than 3 games with that. In WOW, it's ok but players need smoothly internet in Hots thank you.Voria2 Feb 9
Feb 9 23 (M) LF Friends HeyGuys FAT94 here I am a master player looking for some friends. I play heroes of the storm about 25hrs a day and I really enjoy this game I am just looking for like minded players. Please no Cranky Pants Please no Weebs I know I am cute but please refrain from sending creepy DM's I am straight Edge but I will not judge "Only God Can Judge Me That which does not kill me can only make me stronger. I don't see why everybody feel as though that they gotta tell me how to live my life." Tupac Shakur Bnet FAT94#1157FAT947 Feb 9
Feb 8 Random legendary chest? i just got a legendary chest out of nowhere,i got the robotic abathur skin in it, and i dont know why i got a legendary chest, because on wiki says its only by twitch prime, and i dont have itKonradu1 Feb 8
Jan 29 Reason for why no Oceanic Server on PTR? Its a shame that we don't get one for HoTs making it not worth testing out new Heros/Changes.Malthael2 Jan 29
Jan 29 Can you promote this game in ANZ region It shouldn't be that hard to promote this game via sponsored post on social media and on similar platforms. maybe pay some money to anz lol streamers and convert them to this game so their followers might be interested in this game, i don't know, you guys suppose to be this big company, you guys paying millions of dollars budget to overwatch stuff, i belive hots rquies little love. Player population on oceanic server is terrible. when i was back in EU, it would take me few min max to find a game at 4am, on this server we wait like 30 40 min queue.Atlantic2 Jan 29
Jan 24 HGC qualifier stream? Is there a stream for the HGC qualifiers? Keen to watch teams/players on the rise to knock off the sweaty globe hoarder azure and his chroniesPBandJ2 Jan 24
Jan 23 4 & 1/2 Hour Team League Que Blizzard PLS FIX!!! We are from the oceania region and even though there is a lower amount of players when comparing it to NA and EU there are still people playing within AU/NZ. I did a trio que today for team league and we average around the elo of gold but it took 4+ hours when searching and we didn't even find a game. Like a said before i know there is a really low playerbase within this region but surely there are players on the game searching for team league. Image: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/188211886594981888/405311607829430273/unknown.png?width=1290&height=540 Blizzard Please try and solve this issue and make it more bearable when it comes to search times. Whether its raising the elo range of finding a game or incentivising the rewards more.POTATOSLAYER0 Jan 23
Jan 22 HGC qualifiers stream Is there a stream for the HGC qualifiers? Keen to watch teams/players on the rise to knock off the sweaty globe hoarder azure and his chroniesPBandJ0 Jan 22
Jan 17 quick suggestion #FREECONEWIZARDCONEW1ZARD0 Jan 17
Jan 14 I would rather not play, than play on US servers. This has been an issue for so long, that i would rather not play your game than have this happen again. Yes my settings are correct, this is an ongoing issue for AUS players for some time now, which is easy to see going back over the forums. I'm sure others players (like my friends who also left the match we were just in) would be happy to wait over being put in a game with over 200 MS. Out of principal, we now just leave those matches. I enjoy your game but it's just not worth playing with that latency. hopefully this EVENTUALLY gets fixed.dynastking1 Jan 14
Jan 13 Team League Hello im looking for Team League Australian/ new zealand only due to ping add me on game btag is CrazyRussian#11356 first question no im not russian,secound yes i am crazy i mostly play sonya, varian, azmodan, hammer, sly and naz are the ones im really good at cheersCrazyRussian1 Jan 13
Jan 5 What time is good for playing ranked? 15+ min queues are wonderful.Excerion5 Jan 5
Jan 5 Looking for ALL RANKS LGBTQ friends to play together! Hi guys, I'm looking for players that are totally open-minded where you can joke and play together, have fun but at the end climb the rank :D Let's do one GAYBlizz World :D Here is the oryginal post from OW forum that I created (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760727841?page=1) We are already around 50 people who are super friendly and are looking for anyone who don't mind gay friends in games :) DISCORD Channel https://discord.gg/gQVCeHz Best, Peter TrAbAka#1661TrAbAka0 Jan 5
Jan 2 D.va's real power Everybody know how strong Dva now but what I saw in this video just shocked me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNj4fML2eg#t=4m you still think I will play your game, hotsteam?Stebus3 Jan 2
Dec 27 Leaver queue I get punishing leavers is a must but when it takes upwards of 3 minutes constantly to get a normal match, sometimes even up to 20 minutes (I've had times where I started up CS:GO, surfed for a while, and completely forgot I was in queue because it took so long), is it really a good idea to separate players? This is the 4th time I've cancelled and readied up again after it hit 5 minutes. That's 20 minutes just waiting on a game. Until the Aussie community gets bigger, can we please see a different form of punishment?JohnnyBeef1 Dec 27
Dec 26 LF players hi i am looking for players in nz/australia to play with ranked or unranked vs ai anything i hate playing in us servers with 200+ ping add me ingameCrazyRussian0 Dec 26
Dec 21 Just Spent $100 on Gems and.. wrong forum sorry.T00xEL1TE0 Dec 21
Dec 12 Competitive Team Introduction Hello to you all, I am writing an introduction about a competitive team I want to form. Firstly you must have a good personality. I would like to create a competitive team for up-coming tournaments. As ranking was recently reset completely, I am not after people with "high" mmr. A person's low Mmr could be caused by others stupidity. I am looking for 6-8 people that have always wanted a chance to be in a competitive team. You are however, you are required to do practise 3-6 times a week. You are require to have either "discord or teamspeak". Verbal communication is key to winning so it's a MUST!. As I mentioned earlier, I am not looking for top tier people as this game is more about team work. You will require to fill out an application either through here or message my battlenet tag: Altalize#1241. Please not that it his handy to give out your mobile number as most people mostly forget about practise or if I feel most of us are online then it could be handy giving someone a text that way hopefully we are all on. Application: 1/What is your battlenet tag? 2/What is your current MMR for Quick Match/Hero League? (Can be found at this website: http://www.hotslogs.com/Default) 3/What country are you from? If Nsw, what state? (Times may vary). 4/Will you happily install discord or teamspeak if you don't have and will you use it to help communicate with each other? 5/What hero/role do you prefer to play? Ex: Meele DPS, Range DPS, AOE, Tank, Support or Meele support? 6/You must however agree to not be cursing at a fellow team mate if him/her make a mistake, do you agree? 7/Participating in practises is required to help keep up to dates with; tactics, awareness and goals. Do you think you can keep up to-date with this? 8/Are you willing to try out different roles if the team agrees you might suit a different role better? Ex; Playing too aggressively and going deep with the character "Sylvanas or Jaina" can alternatively change the whole game aspect. End of Application! Thank you for taking interests in reading and filling the application out. I will get back to you as soon as I can or you may reach me in-game. -----------------------------------Altalize7 Dec 12
Dec 11 disconcur why is he a caster? i just watched a vod of his, this guy is a silver 3 who lacks basic understanding of game play at a gold level and yet we are to believe he can cast grand master games in this region.EruhinMakhta10 Dec 11
Nov 26 D.va's real power Everybody know how strong Dva now but what I saw in this video just shocked me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNj4fML2eg#t=4m you still think I will play your game, hotsteam?Stebus0 Nov 26
Nov 23 Angry player needs help Hi all I am Nikita (NikitaKnght / Knghtlight) I have noticed my behavior after losing a match over and over (is cause I suck) I know.. becoming more whats the word .. nasty towards other good players. I get angry even though I know I suck. I don't find it amusing at all. I don't also feel that its fair to the other player on the other end to cop my abuse. Is there any way I can improve myself ie do something after the game that I have lost so I don't abuse them. I keep my chat off in game that is how I pay attention in game. To me that half a second I spend typing to someones abusing or bullingy in game, I'd rather spend it getting a camp or pushing a lane? I sometimes play as a team but most times think there is no point in running into a group where half your team is dead. Tips appreciated. Thank YouNikitaknght21 Nov 23
Nov 19 Stop putting me onto a Brazil Server Honestly, I am getting sick and tired of this game queuing me onto Brazil, I do not enjoy struggling to play this game with 750+ms Not only do you screw over my enjoyment you screw over 4 other players. So sick of thisOrd4ined6 Nov 19
Nov 14 Alextrasza wow like secondary skin Just give her a wow like secondary skin, more thin like blood elf are, dark skin, blood elf body, a decent walk animation, blood elf ears & improved face and we all can be happy...Ukitake0 Nov 14
Nov 10 I'm going to lose all my heroes right? :o Just looking for confirmation I lose all mah heroes as I've moved back home to Aus from USA... true? Ugh. So much money T_TTMO2 Nov 10
Nov 10 Competitive player looking for new team. Competitive player looking for new team. I have experience in both the tank and support role, but am able to work in Flex role as well. Prefer not to play Hyper carry. Top 4 finish qualifying for LAN under Team Crimson in the 2017 HGC season. Interested in returning to competitive play after a small break for health reasons. Available for trials or scrims at all times due to no time restrictions. Laika#6676Laika2 Nov 10
Nov 7 Settings on Aus, keep getting US So my friends and I wanted to play some matches, we sign up, quick queue, seemed nice until we got in and were hit by 250-300ms, we lose, we wait a little sign up again, same people and once again their server. I get we have a lower player base but still playing on any other server is just horrible, we couldn't be bothered playing the 2nd match because simply it is a waste of our time.Terragaia4 Nov 7
Nov 6 Finding a game... is it possible? how long does it take to find a game... i have given up all hope on the American server hell I've started actually playing on the Asia server hardly any queue time sure i probably get yelled at by my team in a language i don't understand and the extra bit of lag can be a lil inconvenient but i get to the part where i actually get to play kinda sad though that i have to unlock a lot of the stuff from scratch again nevermind on it i just switched outta the aus server cause it never finds anythingJet4 Nov 6
Nov 1 Looking for Australian Team! Battle.Net: Divine#11965 Heroes that I play: Abathur, The Butcher, Tyrael, Li Ming, Lucio, Stitches & Alarak. Microphone: Yes. Rank: Platinum 4. Age: 17. Reason: Generally sick of the Australian ranked community not communicating and losing games due to poorly picked Drafts.Divine3 Nov 1