Technical Support

Dec 5 CROWDS on Twitter - The Fifth Season Do you like helping other players? Have a good knowledge of Blizzard games and services? Then this might be for you! Keep reading, adventurer. "So… what's this CROWDS thing about?", you might ask yourself. CROWDS is a community-based support initiative that allows players to help their fellow adventurers through Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our Twitter channels. This app allows you to see and respond to tweets that are asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. It doesn't matter if you've participated in previous seasons or are just thinking about joining now, we would love to see you take part and, just like the previous seasons, we even have some prizes ready for the best contributors. We know, we know, helping others is its own reward… but a bit extra doesn't hurt either, does it? So, if you manage to outshine your fellow participants, you'll be able to choose from some fancy rewards. It doesn't matter what the Kobolds say, you DO take candle*. *Candle proved too difficult to take, you'll be able to choose from the following: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7), including Kobolds & Catacombs! Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) StarCraft II: Announcers(pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Vrakthris0 Dec 5
Mar 13, 2014 Welcome to Heroes of the Storm Technical Support! Welcome to the Technical Support forum for Heroes of the Storm. This forum exists to provide Heroes of the Storm customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-8pm Pacific, weekdays) and will do their best to assist you with your issue. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues at http://battle.net/support/ and if unable to locate a solution, please go ahead and create a new post regarding your issue using the guidelines below. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the General Discussion forum. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the Forum Code of Conduct and forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Velnrak0 Mar 13, 2014
Jan 15, 2015 Patching and Installation Troubleshooting Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter. Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum. Installation Troubleshooting Steps Patch Troubleshooting StepsDankorii2 Jan 15, 2015
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth4 Jul 1
Aug 18, 2015 Performance/Stuttering Troubleshooting Hail and well met, Heroes! If you should experience any kind of performance issues or stuttering within the Nexus, there may be some useful tools to help analyze and troubleshoot what disruptions may be occurring. This guide should help identify what may be happening, what steps to try, and what to include should you require further assistance from Technical Support! When troubleshooting an issue, please make sure to create your own thread, unless an ongoing issue has been stickied. Many issues will appear to be related, but are instead tied to individual system components or settings. By isolating each issue, it helps Technical Support provide better assistance and connect like issues together more quickly.Glaxigrav4 Aug 18, 2015
Apr 7, 2014 Payment & Purchase Troubleshooting If you are experiencing difficulties upgrading your account, or completing a character service, please follow these tips: Payment Option/Billing Profile A Billing Profile is required to make purchases within Heroes of the Storm. In the event that your purchase fails, double-check your Payment Options for accuracy as expired cards do not automatically remove themselves. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Click on Add a Payment Method 4. Add all the required information and click Save Payment Method when you are done 5. Success! You are finished adding a Billing Profile Multiple Billing Profiles and Primary Payment Method If you have multiple Billing Profiles on your account, make sure that the card you are using to make the purchase is set as the 'Primary Payment Method'. By default, we will always default to your Battle.net Balance before using your Primary Payment Method. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Look for the card you wish to use and click on ‘Make this my primary payment method’ You can also add, remove or edit payment methods on this Wallet page. Credit Card Payment Assistance/Invalid Credit Card Errors If you are encountering credit card errors and have already added a Billing Profile, please verify that all the information is entered as it appears on the card. This includes: Card holder’s Full Name Full Card Number Expiration Date Billing Address Verification Code Additional troubleshooting steps can be found in our Common Credit Card Payment Issues page. **Note** For security purposes, please DO NOT post any of the above information on the forums. Should you continue to experience any payment related issues and you have already talked to your financial institution, please contact our billing and account services team directly. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing?Glaxigrav0 Apr 7, 2014
20h Screen flickering in fullscreen mode Ever since the Winter update my game flickers a lot. It's literally nonstop on loading screens, then not as often in game, but it still happens there as well. I have tried everything I can think of. I've ran the repair tool, I've changed settings around, I've even done a fresh install, but nothing stops the flickering. It is an unplayable amount of flickering, and HotS is the only game that does it. Any help?BigHippo8 20h
3d Heroes brawl crash and stuck rejoining. Hi there friends, Right now we are looking in to the crash issue and ability to rejoin after crashing in a brawl. I would like to direct all post to this thread where QA is actively looking in to the problem. If you are not stuck rejoining or you are crashing outside of a brawl, please opena new thread with any errors and a DxDigag. DxDiag Please post a DxDiag: 1) Press Windows Key + R. 2) Type DxDiag and press Enter. 3) In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information. 4)Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save 5) Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable. /NathardrickNathardrick0 3d
Jul 20 Windows XP and Vista No Longer Supported As of October 17, 2017, Heroes of the Storm will no longer run on Windows XP or Vista. This is covered in the Patch Notes for this date. ======================== Earlier Post Preserved Below ======================== Starting in October of this year, we will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. The games will not run on these older operating systems once they are no longer supported, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version. We’ll be rolling out this change on a staggered schedule, and will post further notices as we get closer to making the change for each game.Omrakos0 Jul 20
31m Weird Stuttering Lag? My game feels very clunky and stuttery even though my pings is <20 and my fps hitting the 120. I don't understand what causes it, but most other games I play do not suffer from this issue (e.g. League Of Legends I have everything on ultra and it runs smooth). Is it something with my Nvidea drivers? They usually have a lot of settings available and maybe that is causing it? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!Dainank194 31m
32m Re Gifting Re-Gifting can it be done, do you need to have the game installed to do this, and is it possible to gift something that has already been claimed? Any info on this subject would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.Harry0 32m
46m No content, no heroes When I log in into the game, there is no content - no hero presentation, in game mode (quick match, and others) nothing to select, cant start, no hero show up, unable to select any, no heroes in my profile, even friends avatars. It happened yesterday, but restarting game and battlenet client (which working well, Im logged in) helped, today nothing. I restarted connection, then I restarted machine, I reset my router, flushed DNS, etc. Nothing helps. As I saw, this is not new issue. When you (Blizzard) will fix it?OldFreshie19 46m
1h Unexpected Fatal Error on Launch I wasn't playing on the day the new patch/changes were made, but maybe it has something to do with that. Anyways when the game is launching from Battle.net I get the same error message every time: "An unexpected fatal error occurred". I tried re-installing Heroes and checking to see that it is enabled through the firewall as well as making sure my drivers were up-to-date. My report ID is: 7433D206-F5A2-440D-8203-61B9110678C4 Some other info regarding my system: I run on Windows 8 I use an Nvidia graphics card Help would be appreciated! Thanks!MrDanManSan10 1h
2h Ranked Game Mode Unavailable My ranked is still down. It says game mode is unavailable.FrostViper8 2h
3h ReinDeer Mount Said I got it, but I don't have itMance0 3h
4h Unable to play Ranked Trying to play Hero League and get the following message: "You don't meet the requirements to play in this league. This may be caused by temporary store unavailability." Very quickly that disappears and it says "This play mode is currently disabled."K9Kapo8 4h
4h Ranked...Please Wait... When I click on Ranked in the menu to play Ranked, it says Please Wait and is unclickable...and has stayed so for quite sometime now...even resetting HOTS...computer...remains the same? Obvi problem is obvi...please fix as playing Quick Play is just no in Heroes of the Storm. Till fixed, looking like Diablo 3 for me :DDusk0 4h
4h Only getting Cursed Hollow after update Ive played roughly 6 games with 3 different heroes and gotten Cursed Hollow only. i am level 352slayerzombie0 4h
4h New Game Camera Height I can't seem to zoom out my new camera game height that was introduced in this patch. Is there an option somewhere I need to check off to enable the camera to further zoom out like its supposed to.Beezer9 4h
4h ranked still broken wth I just got put into a game with a silver and 3 golds I am in master. My 2nd ranked game.Mightguy2 4h
6h 3840x1080 Hi, I recently bought a new screen. It's a CHG90 from samsung and when I play heroes the maximum resolution I get is 2560x1080. The other day I could run it on 3840x1080 but i can no longer. I was just wondering if this is a bug with the new patch ?PwRPaT2 6h
8h wrong report I share my account with my little cousin so him report someone for error. sorry can you fix that.Coldang0 8h
6h 2017 Season 4 placement is gone after update. I just got finished doing my ten placements and now after the maintenance 2017-12-14 its gone. It even shows me most hero league wins with 0/10 placement matches done. Do I seriously have to redo my placement a second time?Zero13 6h
10h Visual shocks after Windows update Hi, Yesterday i ran an Windows update (Windows 10). After that, my blizzard games (HS, HOTS) are not running properly anymore. For HOTS that means that when i start the game, after selecting a window (for example ranked) immediately visual shocks start appearing non-stop. Makes the game quite unplayable. I already ran scan & repair (nothing), everything is up to date. I updated my drivers too. Any tips for me? Thanks in advanceGinser10 10h
7h Ranked reset after I worked my way from plat to diamond I would like to speak to a GM about this issue. No warning given, nothing other than a patch was incoming. I had great initial placement games and placed well in plat (where I have been the past couple seasons) and now after the reset and playing the games again I had people in low gold /plat and then high gold and placed gold 2. this is insane. I played all those other games already I was with people of similar skill and I was winning games. explain how this reset is in anyway fair??pretep12 7h
6h Reset my Ranked Play for Season 4 Please reset my account for Ranked. My Placement were jacked up and most everyone I am playing with this morning said they were reset but I was not and that is jacked up... Please fix.Tanzer3 6h
11h Why no customer support help me with 5 men disconnection ? This happened for weeks, I've tried to reach out to Reddit, this forum and even BlizzadCS twitter for help but seem like no supports agency cares. No any respond from Blizzard, just people reply that they have they same problem as me. My whole team lost a match just because of this "Desync" nonsense. It's not just me but everyone in my team got kicked out and later, when all of us rejoin the game the enemy team has wiped us out and got a level ahead, plus with a victory for them. I don't know if this problem is only in Singapore servers but seems like a lot of people having the same problem like me here, and with FREQUENT encounter. Seriously Blizzard you keep adding new content for this game but you don't know that this problem is secretly kill off your game, because I can't continue to with this low quality customer support.Daniel2 11h
3h Diamond 1 last season, gold 2 this season? Last season I climbed from plat5-diamond1, now this season during placement games I got to play with silver-bronze-gold players and went 3-7, was lucky to even get 3 wins. Is this right? Sure I ended at diamond 3 at the end, but I went up and down in ranks all the time thanks to playing so much, but being placed with bronze-silver-gold players during placement games and then at gold 2? That's quite the jump from being Diamond 1(1 game from promotion game to masters). Is is it supposed to be like this? I climbed from plat5-dia3 in one day, then hoovered around dia3-1 all season, now I'm placed with silver-bronze-gold players, is it as intended? Oh and I always been plat/dia previous seasons when I've played HL. I play TL with IRL friends so obv I'm not placed high there, same with QM I only play to level up characters.kenet10 3h
6h reset mmr i wanna reset mmr bcs last season i got silver 1 now i have same rank with 6:4 and less point...i know is just silver but be at that worst like when season ended its nonsence...can u reset it like my another frend pls...Rigi1 6h
14h Mouse stutter issue Blizzard. Can you actually please fix the mouse stutter issue. This has been unbearable after the new patch. My friend has it too. Actually ruining the game to the point we are going to stop playing. This is me saying it in the nicest way possible - and we are regular players who really like this game and have tried to convince others to play it. Please.Zeratul1 14h
6h Got matched with low level player in quickmatch It's just happened 1-2 hours ago. I'm level 700 player but got matched with <50 in curse hallow in quickmatch 5 games in a row. Not sure what went wrong with matchmaking system. About my account: - Level 700 - US server & Singapore region - Unranked (QM only) - Appear offlineFarneze1 6h
15h Thank you blizzard for resetting my 3.4k back to 0/10 Thank you, Thank you and Thank you. Because it makes so much sense that a grand master player that hit 1k this season just like the last season, had to climb all the way up to 3.4 facing against pretty good players like LeonBlack, DunkTrain, RichHero, etc . . .and have won them fair and played my part fair as well. why in world did I suffer for this climb?MiseryPhD0 15h
17h How to exit Replays? Some patch had made it so F10 no longer brings up the menu to exit replays, and the only thing that works is force quitting the game. I do not have any other software that might cause keybind conflicts as far as I know. Any solution?Sintharius2 17h
19h After Complete Placement Game Become Reset Hello i play my 10 placement game in HL and after that my placement become 3 silver and also play 6 game from 10 in TM yesterday. but today when i run my game all become reset and i must play all placement game again i dont know what happen even that show my most win hero too for placement i won yesterday i want know this happen for anyone else too and what i must do play again and my server is Europe thanks.Talaei0 19h
20h This game crashes in ultra my GTX 1070 can handle this game but it crashes in ultra. Every other game i play is fine. It goes black screen then restarts. Also the game barely runs when i click play. I have to constantly shut the game down in task manager, and if i click the game while it is frozen, when the game goes into full screen, it cannot exit fullscreen and i am locked in this black screen until i click the windows button and log out and back in.DireSouthpaw3 20h
21h Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) Hi is there anyway of getting Corsair Utility Engine to automatically link to a profile when running Heroes of the Storm that works when Heroes patches itself?Archimedes0 21h
21h Regularly Losing All Sound First, I know there are many posts out there about losing sound and I'm sorry to have to make a new one. Every couple months my sound breaks and I've spent many cumulative hours surfing the forums for fixes. Usually it's frustrating but fixable. This time however, all the usual fixes aren't working and I've run out of new ones to try. I'm making this post in hopes a fix comes to me, or maybe some education about how I'm managing to consistently break the sound in HotS. Below are some notes and things I've tried off the top of my head: -Only affects HotS, not other apps, Blizzard or otherwise -Affects all sound devices -Is rarely/never associated with a patch -Many different fixes have worked in the past; no consistent problem that I've noticed -Occasionally(including this time) HotS sound settings don't seem to recognize any audio devices I have connected Some fixes I've tried: -Ctrl+s -Default settings -Reset game settings -Off and on again(both game and pc) -Alternate audio devices -Uninstall/reinstall HotS -Uninstall/reinstall Battle.net launcher -Scan and repair -Ignoring it and hoping it sorts itself out -Game update -Driver updates -Closing all background apps -Verified cords plugged in -Verified power to all associated devices -Checked compatibility mode There have likely been other fixes, but this is what I can think of right now. At this point I'm looking at dropping HotS altogether, which would be very unfortunate as I enjoy the game very much. Normally I can handle the hour of troubleshooting to fix the problem but this time I've spent weeks off and on trying to fix it myself and I've simply run out of ideas. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to suggest a remedy. :)Meese0 21h
23h Day 2, mouse cursor still not fixed, still cant play the game Blizzard please help us. my mouse is still bugged in menu screen , still desynced, cant select any options, cant even leave the game manually, I have to tab out and close using task manager. Thought the issue might of been resolved yesterday during maintenance but it hasn't unfortunately. Please Blizzard its been 2 days without being able to play. :(Pingu31 23h
1d Still stuck in Bronze after placements Hello Blizzard, Last season being my first in a while I placed with 3W 7L and landed in Bronze but climbed up through Silver as I progressed through the season....My recent placements I got 6W 4L and was placed back in Bronze again...even after the maintenance I am still stuck there...I don't want to have to climb out all over again...plsTheWuurst2 1d
1d Connection title Hello, Ever since the new patch came out, I am having connection/lag issues. It is lag coming both from connection and graphics. I also have trouble loading the menu. I dont think the problem comes from my internet since I have 60mbps down and 10 up mbps and do not live in a hole. Is it something redundant? Cause its new for me.Kalikami0 1d
1d Camera Still the Same My camera height has not changed since the patch. Scrolling my mouse wheel or using a hotkey to zoom out still only provides the same distance as before. I do not see any options to enable this feature. Any suggestions?Mernardi0 1d
1d Deer mount from event replaced Bug? Since yesterday my arctic deer been replaced by the epic mech horse that was one of the ranked rewards this season..I know for a fact I didn't place higher than platinum - I got only 3 tints of normal mech horse as the log in reward. Somehow me and some of my friends own the Orange tint of epic mech pony instead of their xmas deer. Anyone else getting this?Saniok1 1d
1d Mouse cursor off center with HOTS menu - game unplayable I have an issue with the mouse cursor location in HOTS. What I have noticed is that the further the mouse cursor is from the upper-left hand corner of the screen the further its true location lies. It has rendered the game unplayable as I am unable to click the start game button at the bottom of the screen due to the mouse cursor's true location being so far off-center. So, if the cursor is inn the upper left-hand corner, it is just a few centimeters off. But the further I move the mouse cursor towards the bottom-right hand corner the distance grows between its graphical location and where it truly registers. Once the cursor is towards the middle of the screen the cursor's true location is about 4 inches towards the upper left. The further I go towards the bottom-right the more the distance grows. I've tried reinstalling the game, checking OS updates, updating graphics drivers, and scanning & repairing the hots game itself. Everything is up to date and checks out as normal. I don't have this issue with other Blizzard games or other games from different developers. I would try a different mouse to see if that would fix the problem but I don't have one right now. But my mouse literally works with every other game I have except for HOTS so I don't think that's the issue.taintnibbler3 1d
1d Issues after windows 10 update Im getting a graphical glitch shortly after i start heroes of the storm. The screen will have a bunch of solid colored bars and my computer wont respond after it happens. Anyone else having these issues?DarkTemplar0 1d
1d The legendary 7:30 min lag So for about a year now every damn time I play a game at a certain minute mark it starts to lag like crazy, that being the 7:30~ minute mark. I sure other people had this problem too and Id like your support because I cant play a game cassualy anymore thanks to itRoxLOL0 1d
1d Account hacked (or something) I dont know what happened, i opened hots and it said something about detecting a change in my logins and to check my email, i did and after a few attempts something came, a code but after that i logged into hots and my progress was reset, help! i spendt a lot of hours playing hots and i dont wanna start over.Zanemaster2 1d
1d Deleted topic Yesterday I created a new topic... I assume it was deleted by the filter considering how many of these are around but I still made a new one because none of the solutions provided so far was able to help me and my topic is much more detailed and I know where the issue is but haven't found a fix for it yet. This is the deleted topic: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20760585989#1Mythra0 1d
1d Can't control hero I just suddenly drop from the game. After I reconnect to the game, I am not able to control my hero and what I can do for my team is to leave the game and give them an AI :feelsbadman:Harvey0 1d
1d [Suggested Fix] Lag Spikes and Unplayable Frame Rate Hey guys, I'm posting this after days of investigations, downloading of countless drivers, and switching almost any pluggable component on my laptop. I too, like you, experienced bad lagging for unexplained reasons. This lag occurred only within HoTS, and nowhere else, so I ruled out a network problem, as well as a Graphics Card problem after setting everything to LOW, and still experiencing issues. What worked for me eventually, was realizing that the lagging mostly happened in group encounters and when action took place. Siimply set your Sound Quality to Medium or Low instead of High, and you should be golden! If you uncover more information, please post your findings here, hopefully this will help everyone who's been experiencing bad lagging for unexplained reasons.Legenden271 1d
1d I get low fps Hi. ı was playing hots and game is kicked me when ı play and when ı try playing hots ı get 30 fps I cant play with this (my system is enough for game )GRUMPYKITTEN0 1d