Bug Report

Jan 26 Known Issues 23 (Updated 2/23/17) UI and Online Varian is tiny on the Ranked Play menu. Players who have already selected a hero in draft are unable to chat link heroes in Allied Chat. The buff/debuff icon for Regeneration Master is centered and cuts off the icons head on the bar. The "Invite to Game" button is active while friends are in a game or lobby. Certain settings can cause map textures to not load in properly. Role stats track oddly between rounds. Hero League games are still sometimes giving Leaver Status inappropriately, and our research continues. Scorescreen stats are not updating properly if you leave the game and rejoin. Daily Quests can sometimes not have their criteria able to be completed. Tracer's Pulse Bomb can appear off cooldown in the observer UI after her level 10 talent is chosen. If another player in the party skips through the introductory cutscene, The Lost Vikings can encounter UI issues of varying severity. The game can get stuck at the preloading portion while loading into a map. Basic hotkeys don’t allow mouse button customization. Extra-wide monitors can sometimes experience stretched cinematics and incorrect resolutions. Friends List sometimes displays incorrect durations for friends that have been offline for an extended period of time The "Chests have spawned" minimap messaging is not displaying on Blackhearts Bay.Game Content Using Metamorphosis can cause an enemy Illidan to appear in his Demonic form. Some ablitities will not display a critical hit icon when a critical hit is landed. The Visual FX for Chromie's Temporal Loops may not relocate properly when cast over unpathable terrain. Recall does not cleanse Tracer of Sylvanas' Shadow Dagger spread search. Cho'gall's heads will sometimes speak the other head's lines. When using Rexxar it is possible for the spacebar to no longer reset the camera on the player after using a vehicle. If Withering Fire is used while Sylvanas is mounted, it will produce a shadow effect that is at mount height. Issuing a command to a Viking who has just used the Haunted Mine while other Vikings are en route to use the Mine will cancel their movement commands when all Vikings are selected. When more than one Viking is selected, the portrait and ability bar will go blank if all selected Vikings are killed. The 'No Ammo' icon will display over destroyed Towers until the connected Town Gate is destroyed. The Lost Vikings level 7 ability 'Spin to Win' only displays one damage number even if two or more Vikings hit the same target. Artanis Death VO is playing globally for allies. Devour is creating quest bangs even if Savor the Flavor is not a selected or available talent. [Lucio] Boombox does not benefit from Synaesthesia Auditiva. [Lucio] Back in the Mix is not benefiting from ability power. [Lucio] Lucio is unable to apply Sound Barrier to allies in the Alter of Storm. [Battlefield of Eternity] The incorrect Immortal announcer plays for the losing team when losing the immortal fight. New – Samuro Mirror Images are not doing proper splash damage from Critical Strikes with the Burning Blade talent. New – Quest bangs will continue to appear after Tassadar has completed Khaydarin Resonance New – Thing of The Deep will not update the range indicator for Plague of Toads.Engine and Game Systems New – The Winkey+L hotkey to lock the computer is not disabled by the Disable Windows Key option. New – Jaina's Ring of Frost is missing a targeting indicator in observer mode.Huginncord0 Jan 26
Sep 11, 2014 Mac Bug Report and Tech Support Forums Greetings, Mac Brethren! Today we've launched our Mac Tech Forums for Heroes of the Storm. If you requires assistance with Mac Technical Support, please feel free to come on over and visit! -HugsHuginncord0 Sep 11, 2014
May 31, 2015 Bug Writing Guidelines Greetings Heroes, Welcome to Heroes of the Storm Bug Report Forums! I think it’s high time to get you guys an official guide of Do's and Don't's for bug testing and reporting. Bug Forum Ground Rules Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, balance, requests, complaints, suggestions belong in a different board. Our team reads every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, we will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. We will possibly ignore or delete any post that simply says "Bump" or demands a response from a Blizzard poster. When reporting a bug, please make a separate thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end. Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are already posted, or if our Tech Support forums already addresses your issue in one of the Stickied posts with commonly encountered issues. If you have a duplicate thread, it will be locked and we will point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed. Please try to post from the account that is experiencing the issue. It helps us more accurately diagnose any issues that you may be experiencing on the server side. Finally, please only discuss the bug addressed within the thread. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Don't use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback or other subjective opinions about the game. Bug Writing When posting a bug, please begin with a one or two sentence Summary that clearly describe the bug. We should be able to understand at least 75% of the issue you are reporting simply by looking at your Summary. Good summary: The tooltip for the Zagara’s Baneling Barrage skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with barrage After your Summary, include a brief description of the bug you experienced. Include as much RELEVANT information as you can. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a much faster turnaround time reproducing the issue. Don’t assume that your audience will immediately see the bug you are reporting, even if you feel it’s obvious. Factors such as region, ISP, hardware configuration, and even playstyle can cause two different people’s experience to differ enough to cause your bug to be unnoticeable or completely avoided by another person. Types of Bugs Below are a few high-level categories of bug you may encounter in Heroes of the Storm. I also have included the specific information we would like for each bug reported of this type. Functionality/Design – You are expecting something in the game to work one way, and it’s working another way. This could include skills not functioning properly, computer AI behaving oddly, or a hero completely disappearing after using a skill. Helpful info to include: Whether you’re in menus or in game. What hero is affected, or if all heroes are. Proper name of functionality (tooltip skill name). Screenshot or video of what’s wrong. (uploaded to the file or media sharing site of your choice) Compatability – If something is wrong with how the game is behaving with your hardware or peripherals, such as graphics not displaying properly, sounds playing incorrectly or not at all, freezes or performance loss. Helpful info to include: Again, whether you’re in menus or in game. Provide your System information (DxDiag.txt or System Profiler) and Variables.txt (found in the Documents folder of our game) Connectivity – Your client's connection to our service is impacted, or you have issues dealing with login, grouping, matchmaking, chat, or any other issue related to the networking of our game. Helpful info to include: What region you are connecting to. Run a Pathping and Tracert if you suspect a network issue, and report your findings. Crashes – Crashes are the easiest for you to report. When our game crashes, you should be provided with a text entry field, which sends a report directly to our bug database. Provide details in that box if you have any, as that sometimes is the only information we have to identify hard-to-reproduce issues impacting our players. Once you submit that, you are provided a UUID code. If the crash happens occasionally, there is no need to post at all. However, if the crash is happening consistently and severely impacting your gameplay experience, please provide that UUID code in any post you make on the issue. Remember, the more specifics you provide us, the better equipped we are to research, reproduce, and report your issue! And when we successfully report your issue, chances are good you’ll see a fix! I hope that these guidelines prove useful to you! Thank you very much for reading, and enjoy Heroes of the Storm!Kelphe40 May 31, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 Bug Attachment Guidelines Greetings Heroes, We are happy to announce that we now have an easier method for submitting requested attachments! From now on we will request that you send your attachments to the email address HeroesBugAttachments@blizzard.com instead of uploading them to file sharing sites and providing a link. This should help us address your issues more effectively and be less of a headache for you. Below are a few guidelines we would like you all to follow when submitting your files and information to us: What to include: A link to your original thread. The requested attachment (nothing else, please). (NOTE: When attaching a replay, please also include the in-game time at which the bug occurred.) A brief description of the issue. The region in which you were playing. The time/date of the occurrence. Commonly requested attachments and how to find them: Screenshots Windows users: Screenshots can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Replays Windows users: Replays can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...DXDiag & MSInfo Mac System Info Connection Info How to format a bug attachment email: First, include the name of your thread and the attachment included in the subject line. For the body of the email, start with a link to the thread, your region, then the date and time of the occurrence. After that, please include the bug description and any other pertinent info. It should look something like this: ... Thanks! - FizivixFizivix0 Feb 26, 2015
17h "Level 5" Inability To Post To The Forums Hello Everybody! We are continuing to track a known issue, wherein certain sub-forums state that you are not level 5 and are unable to post. In the meantime, if you are suffering this issue we can recommend contacting our CS forum teams here for a manual fix. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. ~Fizivix~Fizivix0 17h
Jan 26 Missing Range Indicators Hey everybody! We have identified a DX9 specific issue that causes ability range indicators to become non-visible to you if the client is windowed down (Alt+Tab) during match loading. Do not Alt+Tab out of the game during load and it should avoid the issue for now. Thank you for the reports! We hope to have a fix /resolution to the problem as soon as possible. ~Kelphe~Kelphe0 Jan 26
Apr 30, 2015 Overclocking Notice - Please read! Hello everyone! Before reporting any graphical hardware related issues, or unexplained application/system freezes, please take a moment to read the post by Glaxigrav in our Tech Support forums here: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17084690607 If your card is in fact overclocked, try reverting it to normal operating speeds to see if this resolves your issue. Thanks! - ZobrekZobrek0 Apr 30, 2015
12m Varian's banner music is global? Tomb of the spider queen. We collected gems and did other stuff on lines and suddenly banner music started. Noone saw varian, he wasnt with his team. We checked boss, varian was there. Not sure, maybie I was even dead, and I heared that music. Later, in late game, we walk together and we didnt know where are they so we walked safe. We heard banner music. Boss wasnt ready, and we knew they doing our merc camp.SerbCommando1 12m
14m Tychus' bonus Trait duration doesn't appear in the bar First, I'd like to as how many times must someone see his favourite hero changed and destroyed by everyone's talent pick which are not mine, like lv 1 range. Second, the bonus duration doesn't appear in the stack bar below health's. Third, eliminate the range attack bonus talent at lv 1 and restore the 5,5 range attack. Forth, I think there's a problem with Master Assassin's damage speed bonus, at least in try mode there is.Marco0 14m
42m Banelings do not path through The Maw Zagara's banelings impact on The Maw while it is active and explode, rather than the previous functionality of pathing through it. This change was introduced with the most recent round of Zagara buffs (nerf reversions) and was not documented in the patch notes. The 'path through' functionality has been present since at least the scaling change patch in 2015, and probably before. This is a functionality change because it limits Zagara's self setup with the Maw to one drop and one baneling, down from three banelings and one drop.Norse1 42m
1h Random leaver status? So me and a few others I know are having a weird bug, where it says we've disconnected where we have not. I have not been DCed from any games lately apart from Saturday the 25th, but today 28th I get a message I have to play quck match because I have the leaver status. I haven't left any games apart from my internet dropping on the 25th. Anyone else have this happened?Whisper1 1h
1h 500 HL points missing since the patch I was half way between Gold 2 and Gold 1 this morning, now I log on after the patch and I am at the demotion game, wtf happened ? It's hard enough to get points with the clown fiesta that is HL, but this is a freaking joke, more than 500 points vanished ???, I don't have leavers status btw if you think some D/C happened.ProudZilla1 1h
1h Highest GM rank points achieved not correct. I got into GM early on in the season at #13 with 955 points. Now I have grinded a lot of TL and got #7 as highest with 10,129 points, yet in statistics on my profile it says highest achieved is #7 with 955 points. I've played mostly with same players all season and no one else has got this bug.Nitram0 1h
2h Mistake in Tass 1 level talant decribtion I don't know is it wrong describtion of Tassadar or the wrong work of his talent in first level, but in the description of the update is written: "New functionality: Quest: Regeneration Globes grant an additional 50% Mana. Reward(1): After collecting 15 Globes, increase the value of Plasma Shield by 20%. Reward(2): After collecting 30 Globes, increase the duration of Plasma Shield by 100%. The first reward in game now is: After collecting 15 regeneration GLobes, Plasma Shield's value is increased by 15%.Grender0 2h
2h Queue Misic - MX_Queue_Music1.ogg Blizzard please remove MX_Queue_Music1.ogg from future updates. this music is stupid.TNT0 2h
5h Valla talent/quest bug Valla first talent caltrops doesn't reward cd reduction for vault . I thought i misunderstood and cd is down 5 secs only when at max hatred but no that's not the case either , from beginning to end cd remains as 10 secsElnadris0 5h
5h For Azeroth! Special Event Failure Hi Blizz, Played nine games over the weekend with a friend, in friends list. I received credit for the first two, then he started having some connection latency issues. I did not receive any credit for the following seven games. Why is this happening, and how do I (we) (I think they got credit for three of nine games) get credit for our games? Thanks,Clerikill1 5h
5h Primal Flamesaber Mount disappeared. I had completed all of the requirements for getting the Primal Flamesaber mount by playing HoS WITH a battle.net friend, which this happened to be my wife. I had made sure it was WoW characters as well. On Friday last week on the 17th of February, I had the mount added to my account. I had been using it since then. I also had it on the following Tuesday on the 21st of February. I was having issues with load times being severe of 5 minutes to load or longer. So I had uninstalled WoW and reinstalled all my addons. I had followed all the steps to make sure all my addons were removed and freshly reinstalled, and all WoW items were removed. After WoW was reinstalled my Primal Flamesaber was no longer usable as a mount. I have taken a screen shot of my mount window to show that it is grayed out.Arcanien3 5h
6h Lunara Master Skin - no avatar preview in lobby Recently I bought master skin for Lunara and discovered that in unranked draft's (have not checked ranked yet) lobby there is no avatar preview for her (left side of the screen). Usually all the skins both bought and masters have their avatar, while lunara has normal, also choosing the recolors doesnt change anything.Kamila2 6h
8h random hero ( auto select ) it is broken, i used it and got malfurion 4 times in a row, i dont wanna try a 5th time... Regards.Shinigami0 8h
8h Brightwing teleport chased by Lucio's AA I was in a situation playing Brightwing where I teleported to a friendly hero across the map while under fire from the enemy team including Lucio. I made the teleport with very little health remaining. Approximately 5 seconds after teleporting, two of Lucio's AA's (green bubbles) came across the map and killed me.Zelk1 8h
8h Аncient spear of infinite length Sry for my english. When i play as Sonya. http://prntscr.com/eebcl8 When I use the skill on one of the defense towers of the citadel, it turns out that's a bug)), see the link at the screen) Generally it does not interfere with the game, and when using the skill disappears.CaneHillBYOD0 8h
9h Disconnection Issue Had just started a game (Less than 2 minutes in) when I found my screen froze and locked up. When I attempted to restart so as to not leave my team hanging it came up with an error saying I was leaving a game in progress and would not be able to play another game. I used the age old method of CTRL + ALT + Del to end the process of the game and attempted to reconnect. A message came up when trying to reload into the game saying an error has occured please try again later. Once again I used CTRL + ALT + Del and instead of just the game, I also restarted the blizzard launcher before attempting to load in again. After I loaded the game I found myself no longer in party with my friend who was also in game with me and also able to search for a new game, while my current one was still ongoing :/ArcaneDelta0 9h
10h Minor but consistent and visible bug System: Windows 10 Issue Occurs: On Heroes of the Storm load Description: When I click play at the top from the initial loading screen, if I last played hl/tl it returns to that screen by default, which is good. I cannot join the match queue because it says it is loading. It will stay this way until I navigate to unranked, wait for that to stop saying loading, and then navigate back to HL/TLdude0 10h
10h Unique issue :D I can click on easter egg's on map, I don't know how it is working but my mouse register simple click avoid example: shark's in bay and stone plane on templar map's. How I can fix it?PanzerV0 10h
11h Drag-Scroll BUG Very often when middle clicking to drag scroll the camera the camera will jerk to a random location near the hero. It happens immediately when pressed, and happens quite often.Nibiki64 11h
11h Disconnected Game Fails to Allow Reconnect The following has happened twice to me today - once in a quick match as Zagara, and once in a Hero League match as Johanna (that game may still be going on as I write this). A game disconnects, and I can't ascertain the problem (my internet is working fine during this period, and I'm still logged in fine to the Battle.net client). I attempt to close the game and re-open it to see if it fixes the issue. When re-opened, the game gives the option to rejoin, however it times out and says to try again later, then no longer gives the option to rejoin anywhere. The option to rejoin does not appear again if I restart. The Zagara game still appeared as a loss in my record, and no doubt the ranked Johanna game will do the same when my team that I unintentionally abandoned loses.Velgus1 11h
12h Alt Tabbed and Lose 500 Points and Leaver Status So I was in a HL draft, I was first pick, I picked my character and locked in Valla, then alt tabbed to browse the patch notes. I come back and see I've been kicked and have lost 500 freaking points, and have leaver status. Why in the world do I lose points and get leaver status when I locked my character in and am just waiting for the rest of my teammates to pick their characters. Is their an alt tab bug or something. This is the second time I have lost 500 points instantly in 2 weeks. First time, I had finished a game, the screen popped up saying I had lost 199 points, but when I checked I had dropped from over 50% through gold 2, I KNOW I had at least like 500+ points, to 75% through Gold 3. Wasn't on a Demo game or anything. Would really love Blizzard to give me some help or an answer, chat support always says they can't help. (Talked to Trinyasen tonight for this current issue). Both times my internet didnt crap out, or my computer freeze up or anything like that, just bam points gone.Bubblefett2 12h
13h Demoted after a win... Hey guys, I just did a rank! It was my demotion game,but we won! I was pretty happy, until the screen showed Platinum 3. (I was platinum 2 when I started the match). It gave me points as if I was in platinum 3 going back to platinum 2 without even being Demoted to 3... What is this bug D: Seriously, that is very frustrating...I hope it doesn't happen to too many people... Anyway, thanks for reading my bug report and I hope it can get fixed soon. If anyone knows, is it worth contacting Blizzard support over this?...DizzyMouse0 13h
13h Patch 2.35: Khaydarin Resonance Regarding Tassadars quest talent: Khaydarin Resonance: Patch notes state completing 1st part of quest raises shield value by 20%. but.. In game, talent states completing 1st part of quest raises shield value by 15% Is it 20% or 15%?Jay2 13h
13h Varian's Warbringer Talent I'm not sure if this is for all modes, but in try mode when I select Varian and go to his Warbringer talent there is a lot of unused space after the description of the talent. Not sure if this is a bug, but it doesn't seem to be intentional. https://gyazo.com/96016a3ca3bab1467c9610d02671493c That is a clip of it, because it was hard for me to do a screenshot using Gyazo. Other talents shown do not have a lot of unused space in their description.Bladesclaw280 13h
14h NOVA snipe master - not getting credit for snipes NOVA snipe master - not getting credit for snipes. you hit but it records as a miss. even though you can clearly see you do damage to hero. i got replays.Sp1kTastic0 14h
14h Lunara Draft Portrait Small bug but for the last month or so Lunara's portrait in draft doesn't change when I switch skins, it always appears as the first color of her basic skin. I have both the master skin and the sentinel skin and nothing makes it change. I have asked friends if it's just bugged for me or if they see it changing and they don't. Curious!Solara0 14h
15h Ranked point bug Joined a ranked game was first pick , picked sylvanas and locked then did alt tab and waited for game to pop-up as usual but it didnt.After 2 min switched back to game and i was Rank 3 with 148 points before that bug occured i was Rank 1 with 948 left for next rank . Expecting a solution to how did i lost 2 ranks without even doing anything . Thanks for the helpMentor1 15h
15h Bot Only Matches I like to play against the bots as well as watch them battle it out, however I have noticed a few bugs. Medivh's ult where he polymorphs, the enemy AI doesn't seem to try and separate from each other, and I've had it, where it goes in an infinite loop between heroes. The narrator's when spectating like on Spider Queen, if the blue team delivers all the gems, it uses the red team's dialogue as if they delivered them. This occurs on majority of the others as well. Samuro's ult for controlling his other mirrors is a bit glitchy; they're pretty static and keep moving back and forth very fast in one place; this prevented him from getting some spider gems. Also, Cho'Gall never appears in bot matches, unless done manually; I prefer it to be random though.DreadedGhoul2 15h
16h [Illidan] Respawn at point of death Illidan respawned at the point of death on Blackhearts Bay (very close to a wall near the boss area). I have the replay if needed.Daegas0 16h
16h Choosing a Hero in Quick Match. So one time I was choosing a Hero and i chose Lunara and for some odd reason it switched me to Johanna for some odd reason. I do not even own Johanna and this is just a stupid bug and me and some friends have had it multiple times.ricardocov140 16h
16h For Azeroth! - Quest not counting Hi, Me and my girlfriend are trying to do the special event. However in the last 2/3 games, none of our account have gotten any further in the quest progress? it's stuck at "1 game played with friend" yes we are friends on battle.net plz help, we bouth want to complete it...Xaxlo8 16h
17h No quests available. I have not played HotS in a while. After logging in today I have no quests avilable. Quest icon is greyed out. Brawl weekly reward = No quest And so far I haven't read anything about quests being removed in patchnotes. Any ideas?Khaleen1 17h
17h Warbringer. I know you barely even thought about the change and essentially made it to placate the sheep, but come on. The description tab that pops up when you mouse over it still has the stun portion there, sitting emptily, taunting you about what should be. What no longer is. Unless you just did that to be cruel. Which I wouldn't find hard to believe after this patch.DarthWalrus0 17h
18h Recruit a Friend bug; Region issues I play in the EU region with a friend of mine but for some reason our accounts got RaF linked in NA instead (received the rewards for RaF in NA). Didn't realize this until I was level 19 and still hadn't gotten Sylvanas. The refer a friend thing in game in EU says we are linked but that I am ineligible for rewards. I originally used his RaF link when i was level 4.alex14121080 18h
18h Broken Queue System on TL? Broken Queue system on Team league? Literally just was in a TL Match my team Gold 4 gold 5 silver 1 silver 5 gold 5 VS Master master platinum Diamond Diamond Like Are you seriously joking with this? I get utterly Destroyed on my Demotion match on clearly unfair grouping...Brullen1 18h
18h Varian stop walk when summon the flag When Varian summon the flag he stop walking and doing previous orders. I think this need to be changed because it's so annoying when you retreat or try to do arms combo to somebody.Cuyi1 18h
18h [Bug] Kael'thas visual bug with his W (Live bomb) If you use Live bomb to someone, appears an orange bar to him that indicates DoT (damage of time) damage and the final explosion of the ability. But, if someone pass Live bomb to another hero, the orange bar only marks DoT damage but NO the final explosion, and this it's so serious because nobody can predict the damage and try to save himself. For example, the last match that I play with Jaina someone pass me Live bomb, but the orange bar indicates me that was safety, but the final explosion killed me with Ice block ready to use... Thanks for watch and sorry for my bad english.Cuyi6 18h
19h No rewards after lvl 10 Hi, I am new and got no rewards after lvl 10 can someone help me ? mfgNeverOne6 19h
19h Murky not getting credit for slime quest For Murkys quest where he has to hit his slime on people, it won't give me credit for it until later on in the game, seems to work fine after a certain point. However by that time I could've slimed anywhere from 10-20 people, so I lose out on a lot of that quest. Anyone else notice this?Guardian0 19h
20h Flamesaber mount quest will not ++ After completing what was supposed to be my 13th of 15 matches with friends as a WoW character in HotS the quest stopped incrementing for all of us. Mine is not an isolated incident. Can you look into this please. Cheers, ChupathingyChupathingy5 20h
20h no me cuenta la mision buenas la mision de la montura para world of warcraft no me esta contando no se ke hacer.. ya e echo 3 partidas y no me cuenta la mision... graciasroberto1 20h
20h Friend-Event bugged? Event is bugged, even though i'm playing games with friends, it's not countingJaysmove2 20h
22h Dwarf toss bug Muradin's dwarf toss doesn't allow him to travel over certain items. Yes, you can jump over walls. However, you can't jump over entangling roots, for example. This has resulted in my death several times; getting rooted, out of the air, while jumping away.flyingboar1 22h