Bug Report

Aug 18 Forum and Bug Report Rules Greetings Heroes! On behalf of my fellow moderators, Hugincord and Fizivix , welcome to Heroes of the Storm Bug Report Forums! Please note that all posts in this forum are investigated by Blizzard Quality Assurance Analysts. While we try to post as much as possible please do not fret should your post not receive a Blue reply. Even our moderators are analysts who work to investigate every report, on top of their standard testing duties. Should you be experiencing account access, purchasing, or technical support issues please be sure to contact our Support Teams as a priority. ::Bug Forum Ground Rules:: All posts are subject to the Blizzard Code of Conduct. While we welcome feedback, this forum is not the appropriate location to discuss intended gameplay mechanics in depth. At times we may venture into discussion territory for the purposes of clarifying a report; but in general feedback posts will be moved to our General Forums, where further discussion is encouraged. Do not bump posts without adding relevant new information to your initial report. A single report of a potential bug is enough to get our teams investigating the matter. Should you wish to report that an issue is still occurring, please make a new posting after a reasonable amount of time has passed. Report each bug individually – We request that each bug you submit have its own posting, so that we can ensure a proper analyst investigates the contents of it. Bug “lists” need to be passed from one type of analyst to another, which can complicate getting validation on your report. Please use the search feature at the top of our forum landing to find similar issues. Should you feel your issue is unique, or that related issues are non-relevant, please create a new posting. The exception to this is if the newest thread you can find is older than 2 months, and your issue is still active in the current patch. Please post from the account that is experiencing the issue. It helps us more accurately diagnose any issues that you may be experiencing on the server side. ::Bug Writing:: When posting a bug, please begin with a one sentence Summary that clearly describe the bug. We should be able to understand the majority of the issue you are reporting by reading your Summary. As a note, our “Try/Sandbox” modes operate on slightly different rules than standard matches. Bugs experienced or orchestrated in these modes, may not be possible in standard play modes. Please check standard modes along with any Debug Mode issue you experience. Good summary: The tooltip for the Zagara’s Baneling Barrage skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with barrage After your Summary, include a detailed report of the bug you experienced. Include as much relevant information as you can. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help our team in reproducing your report, getting into the hands of our developers all the faster. Attachments, diagnostics, system files and supplemental information can be emailed to us at Heroesbugattachments@blizzard.com. Prior to sending us an attachment, please review our guidelines for those. Please feel free to report issues to us by that email as well, should you feel uncomfortable with posting in a forum environment. Do not assume that your audience will immediately see the bug you are reporting, even if you feel it’s obvious. Factors such as region, ISP, hardware configuration, and even play-style can cause the player experience to vastly differ. ::Types of Bugs:: Below are several categories of bug you may encounter during play. We have included the specific information we would like for each bug reported of this type. Functionality/Design – You are expecting something in the game to work one way, and it’s working another way. This could include skills not functioning properly, computer AI behaving oddly, or a hero completely disappearing after using a skill. Helpful info to include: Whether you’re in menus or in game. What hero is affected, or if all heroes are. Proper name of functionality (tooltip skill name). Screenshot or video of what’s wrong. (uploaded to the file or media sharing site of your choice) Compatability – If something is wrong with how the game is behaving with your hardware or peripherals, such as graphics not displaying properly, sounds playing incorrectly or not at all, freezes or performance loss. Helpful info to include: Again, whether you’re in menus or in game. Provide your System information (DxDiag.txt or System Profiler) and Variables.txt (found in the Documents folder of our game) Connectivity – Your client's connection to our service is impacted, or you have issues dealing with login, grouping, matchmaking, chat, or any other issue related to the networking of our game. Helpful info to include: What region you are connecting to. Run a Pathping and Tracert if you suspect a network issue, and report your findings. Crashes When the game crashes, you may be provided with a text entry field, which sends a report directly to our bug database. Provide details in that box if you have any, as that sometimes is the only information we have to identify hard-to-reproduce but critical issues. Once you submit the report, you are provided a UUID code. While we will automatically receive your crash report, please feel free to report it here as well, including that UUID code in the posting. The more specific you can be in any report made to us, the faster we can work towards resolving the issue Thank you for taking the time to visit our forum, and enjoy your stay in the Nexus! -ZobrekZobrek0 Aug 18
Mar 6 Known Issues List - 6/14/18 UI and Online Players who have already selected a hero in draft are unable to chat link heroes in Allied Chat. The "Invite to Game" button is active while friends are in a game or lobby. Scorescreen stats are not updating properly if you leave the game and rejoin. Enforcer Lt Morales is not using her skin-specific Medivac overlay. Player can't cast abilities after rejoining a game after changing shader settings. [Voice] Voice chat buttons in the Tab menu are unresponsive when joining Team voice channel If a player accepts a party invite as a draft game begins, they will join the draft but be unable to participate. Party and Team Voice Chat is failing for some players. New – [CN][Li-Ming] Templar Li-Ming's Voice Lines are missing in game and Loadout.Game Content [Cassia] Issuing a move command in the opposite direction of Valkyrie will cause Valkyrie to not pull that hero Artanis cannot cast Blade Dash over unpathable terrain if the Dash wont cross the entire length of the terrain. Holding Down right click and using an ability can cause the ability to incorrectly auto-cast. [Dead Man's Stand] Camera Lock takes focus on Misha instead of Rexxar after using the Medivac from a boss completion. [Volskaya Foundry] Heroes can become stuck or unresponsive between conveyors and nearby terrain islands. [Blaze] It is possible for Bunker ability cooldowns to get stuck in certain situations. [Blaze] Oil Spill effects can appear oddly on uneven terrain. Heroes do not play their hero specific kill lines when killing heroes. [Genji] It is possible for Genji to become stuck in a T-Pose. Invisibility outlines are not always visible over Ragnaros' lava trail. Targeting guides disappear when the local player's mouse moves outside of the Battleground area [Volskaya Foundry] Heroes can become stuck or unresponsive between conveyors and nearby terrain islands. Varian's third Heroic, Twin Blades of Fury, does not display a hotkey in Hero Select or Collection. (Rehgar)(Forums) - All variations of the Storm Wolf Rehgar skin are displaying incorrect wolf shoulder and weapon textures in hero select. Some abilities will curve with the Heroes facing direction when cast at the point of origin. [Zeratul] Shadow Hunter's tooltip does not state a cap to its mana reduction. New – [Alterac Pass] [Sylvanas] Possession causes lane units to display the wrong death model. New – Some Heroes have attachment point issues riding the WCAV wolf mount. New – (Johanna) - On low settings, Johanna's impact FX are missing from multiple abilities. New – The backstory for multiple skins in H.34 are displaying an internal string.Mac Hot Corners can become active in Fullscreen mode through 'Disable OS Keyboard Shortcuts' Changing between display modes and 2880 x 1800 causes scaling issues.Engine and Game Systems Resizing the game window in windowed mode can cause resolution and mouse placement issues. There is an odd shadow on the Hanzo Homescreen on Medium graphicsZobrek1 Mar 6
Aug 23 Bug Attachment Guidelines Greetings Heroes, We are happy to announce that we now have an easier method for submitting requested attachments! From now on we will request that you send your attachments to the email address HeroesBugAttachments@blizzard.com instead of uploading them to file sharing sites and providing a link. This should help us address your issues more effectively and be less of a headache for you. Below are a few guidelines we would like you all to follow when submitting your files and information to us: What to include: A link to your original thread. The requested attachment (nothing else, please). (NOTE: When attaching a replay, please also include the in-game time at which the bug occurred.) A brief description of the issue. The region in which you were playing. The time/date of the occurrence. Commonly requested attachments and how to find them: Screenshots Windows users: Screenshots can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Replays Windows users: Replays can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...DXDiag & MSInfo Mac System Info (Under the Mac Tab) Connection Info How to format a bug attachment email: First, include the name of your thread and the attachment included in the subject line. For the body of the email, start with a link to the thread, your region, then the date and time of the occurrence. After that, please include the bug description and any other pertinent info. It should look something like this: ... Thanks! -ZobrekZobrek0 Aug 23
Apr 30, 2015 Overclocking Notice - Please read! Hello everyone! Before reporting any graphical hardware related issues, or unexplained application/system freezes, please take a moment to read the post by Glaxigrav in our Tech Support forums here: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17084690607 If your card is in fact overclocked, try reverting it to normal operating speeds to see if this resolves your issue. Thanks! - ZobrekZobrek0 Apr 30, 2015
Sep 11, 2014 Mac Bug Report and Tech Support Forums Greetings, Mac Brethren! Today we've launched our Mac Tech Forums for Heroes of the Storm. If you require assistance with Mac Technical Support, please feel free to come on over and visit! Thanks, -HuginncordHuginncord0 Sep 11, 2014
6m Problem with tasks Hello all Do I have problems with tasks alone? I currently have the task "to play 6 matches with a friend from the list" I played 2 matches, I played another 3 and did not pass, one person said to play a hero from Warcraft, played Rehgar, did not pass. Is this a mistake related to the technical break?Anulay2 6m
23m So this happened when I was playing Medivh... I was playing Medivh and then during the mid of the game I got stuck in Raven form and I could use all his habilities, I don't know how it happened but seriously Blizz fix your game.Telius0 23m
29m Missing collection items... Greetings... Since i have been in game this evening i have not received about 5 from loot boxes. My collections show "5". (1 banner and 4 emojis) None of which appear in any form (all, owned, unowned). Is this a bug, patch issue or should i file a ticket for this issue. Thank youNoir7 29m
52m New Item Number doesn't go away After unlocking a new item(s) from a chest it will say a number next to the Collections tab for how many new item(s) can be viewed. Usually after you hover over the item(s) it will go away. However, after this new patch the new highlighted item doesn't display nor am I able to remove that annoying number which displays how many new item(s) are in my Collection tab. The only one it works properly for is the Skins tab. Please help fix. Thanks. Edit: Right-clicking and using the "Mark items as seen" button doesn't work either.Aldur8 52m
1h Game randomly DC and i can't reconnect after. Since the last hotfix the game randomly deconnect (my internet is fine thanks), and i have the reco screen, but it never reconnect. If i quit the game and restart it, i have the "rejoin" screen. But again it doesnt work. I have then a message "an error occured while trying to rejoin the game". It takes me back to the home screen, even though the game is still in progress. It's counted for me as a loss, regardless of the outcome of the game, and i have a leaver status. Can't you do something about errors like this? Thanks.Paulo1 1h
1h yrel no healing data so I have been truly enjoying the new hero Yrel, infact she is my favorite tank to date. however one thing has upset me about yrel, I often take the talents that heal your mates in battle, and I know at the end of every game I should have healed my allies for at least 10 or 20 thousand damage however it doesn't show in the stats screen. at the end of a fight I'm showing 0 healing. This is very disappointing and honestly yrel's damage and siege always suck, she is purely a defensive and control hero, however if at the end of a match it showed the amount healed to my teammates, with the right combination of talents I know yrel could outheal abathur or tyranda in most matches. the 4th level talent which heals your lowest hp friend for 400 damage every 8 seconds, I mean it may not seem like it's that much but by the end of the battle that really really adds upPoetsbane1 1h
1h Lucio bug auto-E Lucio are bug, reason is spam E. I push E 2 seconds to spam my E and heal, but the next E is activate alone, i open chat to look whats the problem but E too activate on chat open, no is my keayboard and the bug is only in lucio. my talents is 1-1-2-1-1-2-3. I wait to repair bug, thank for attentionMultiverso2 1h
2h Chen's lvl 1 talent bugged. The breath of fire talent at level one once you hit 30 heroes states that you should gain 25 armor for each hero hit. On live, I noticed that it was only giving me 15 armor per hero hit. This might be an oversight my me from a patch notes or a tooltip error, but that was noticeable to hit instant survivability.Spy0 2h
2h Did not get loot chest rewards in 2nd Alterac quest. As the title says. I did receive the ram portrait, but did not get the unique warcraft loot chest.Platinum1 2h
2h Sup I was enjoying a nice steady 60% win rate and was able to get to silver 2. I however went on a 7 game loss streak and got demoted. Every game I have most hero damage and most siege damage. I also know the importance of objectives and how to actually win a game. I try my best to shot call but my team just doesn't listen. Is this some sort of a bug? I don't feel like I should be getting paired with such bad players 7 games in a row. Its so hard to carry in a team based game such as this but I'm trying my best. Is there some sort of boost I can buy in game with my battle.net currency that will allow me to only be paired with competent players? I'd really like to know because I'm trying to get to gold. Thank You :)DylanTragedy0 2h
2h Twitch overlay doesn't stay hidden My Twitch overlay button keeps coming back. I used to disable it once and it would stay gone until the next patch (which itself is dumb). Now I disable it and it reappears every time I launch. That's lame and has to be a bug. I don't want to use Twitch, I will never broadcast or stream my gameplay, and I resent having to disable something on the title screen that should be in the options menu as a checkbox. I know there are lots of things on your agenda and I don't know the amount of work it takes to fix AAA software but this is very frustrating.PeanutButter0 2h
2h LiLi level7 Let's Go bug really long cooldown Was playing a match with lili and I took the cleanse. After a while I was noticing my talent was still on cooldown when it should've been available and I noticed it was recharging really slowly, probably because of a chromie time trap but I'm not sure, how do I upload a replay? https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag7u2pKUxYEHiAVYhi_ezCdUyUYHVenerable2 2h
3h HL account lost points over night Hello, I was 5 points away from a promotion last night and now have lost almost 600 points when I logged in this morning without playing a game. Is this a reported bug?shiftypowers1 3h
3h Hero chest blocks purchase of normal chests I earned a Lunara hero chest and I own no other loot chests. In my loot tab it only shows the 1 Lunara chest and no grayed out rare chest. I have no button or option to purchase chests on screen. I own all the Lunara skins so I don't plan to open it anytime soon.TigerShark1 3h
3h Loss rating in hero league after playing in brawl mode Here is the point yesterday, 16th june, after several fights i leave hero league in 5Gold with about 780-790 rank points after one or two matches in brawl-mode i return to ranked and found 5Gold with only 180-190 rank points though looking through match-history there were no loses P.S. playing in Europe regionFairyDrakon1 3h
3h AI randomly try to suicide Had few games, when AI decided, that a low health fort or keep is worth dying for. In random maps, if there's low health keep few AI mindlesly try to kill it. There's objective or team fight or the need to defend, but nooo - let's zip through the map, and try to bring down the keep, even if there is no minions to back them up - alone. They got few shots at the keep, and try to run away with low health. One AI Ragnaros were even so confused, that he tried to run away from the damage to OUR spawning area. They don't kill our minions, or wait for their minions or teammates, just mindlesly diving to the keep alone, one by one. To summarize - low health keep - some lonely AI forget everything else, try to finish it, die, spawn and repeat.Akasha1 3h
4h Game breaking Medivh bug, cast abilities in Raven Form https://gfycat.com/NauticalUnequaledAlbertosaurus Clip doesn't show the start of it, but to replicate the bug: -Grab the healthpack on Volskaya -Drop the item right before the channel for his Z is finished -you can now cast all abilities in bird form Oddly, You can do it a second time, causing Medivh to walk on air while being completely invincible. I really hope this gets patched soon, I lost a match to this in QM.Oenomause1 4h
4h Li Li Let's Go CD not going down I just had a game of lili, and the cd for lets go got stucked at around 30 second for more than 1 minute, it seems like as long as im not taking damage, triggering fast feet, the cd is not going down at all.TBB2 4h
5h Different hero appears in game from selection During Quick Match, I selected Zul'jin in the selection page but when I entered the game, I got Tyrael instead. Prior to this I was choosing another hero, before pressing the "search game" button. Thereafter, I canceled search and picked another hero, before selecting the "search button" once more. I clicked cancel again. This time I selected Zul'jin and clicked "search button". This time we found and entered a game, and my hero turned out to be Tyrael instead of Zul'jin on the loading screen and in game. The mount turns out to be the mount selected for my Zul'jin.Reishalas0 5h
6h Problem with level Hello, I have a problem! After the update HOTS 1.0. I did not scale the levels of the character. For example: Nova I had a 10 level like. But the level was scaled so that now the level of Nova is 12. This is normal? It's just that I even have a portrait of Nova for level 15, but she herself is level 12.GoldenPants2 6h
6h Zeratul: Targetable while Stealthed? Just played a game as Zeratul where a Lunara was auto-attacking me out of stealth. First I didn't realize what was happening, but yes, I did check to confirm: On two occasions, a Lunara missed (by a wide margin) her AOE but continued to chase me around. Eventually, with no wisp or other sight-reveal or damage from any source, she auto attacked me out of stealth. Don't know if this is possible from other heroes but if so, it's completely game breaking for Zeratul and other stealth heroes, assuming they can also somehow be knocked out of stealth by autos because of a bug.Beezy1 6h
7h Gall completed wrong quests I played Gall in Team League and after match he completed Diablo hero quest and StarCraft hero quest. After defeat at Towers of Doom in Team League I was put to reward screen (gold, experience etc.) and I had completed two quests that Gall shouldn't be able to do them. Play 2 games as StarCraft hero and Play 2 games as Diablo hero. Both quests were 0/2, it just completed them instantly. Printscreen will be included in mail. Region: EU Date: June 18. Time: 02:41am CETHunterko3 7h
8h Cho'Gall on Volskaya Foundry Cho'gall can enter the protector on Volskaya and only takes up 1 spot. Gall can still cast abilities while inside protector. That's an insane power spike seeing as the protector does so much damage already. Is this just a normal thing? Or is it a bug?Cornbread5052 8h
8h Launcher version number issue I think 34.2 released and I can play but in my launcher it says still 32.2Babaganoush0 8h
8h Sonya no auto attacks After using Sonya's Whirlwind from mount I've lost the ability to auto attack creeps, I can still use my skills, but not auto attacks (neither by RMB or move-attack), this state persists until I mounted and dismounted again. Video https://streamable.com/ov0baglcoder0 8h
9h Continuous Leaver Status Game crashes (reported in Technical already), and I get leaver status. I play brawl to try to play my 1 required game to get back to ranked, and the game glitches at the very end, d/c'ing and then I have to hit rejoin. The game ends and my required games have increased to 2 now. I play again, and the same thing happens. I literally can't play ranked any more...JimJam0 9h
10h Dva getting stuck in fountain During a game in Volskaya Foundry, using Dva's q to use and run into the healing fountain (left team, rightmost fountain), I got glitched into the fountain and unable to get out. Using q again activated but Dva couldn't turn and didnt move Using w did nothing trying to move did nothing Hearthstone did nothingI disconnected hoping that the AI would be able to figure something out, but reconnecting took so long I couldn't figure out how it got out. Watching the replay, it would appear taking damage fixed the bug, at least while the AI was active. I noticed this issue has happened before, but the last posting was in October.Electrofluff3 10h
10h Li Li's Cleanse Cooldown Li LI's cleanse ability ("Let's Go!") is a level 7 talent and the tooltip says "Let's Go's cooldown is affected by Fast Feet." I played her on a recent game on Dragon Shire (after the Yrel patch and the Lava Wave hotfix) and after a bit I noticed that it didn't seem to be up nearly as often as I was used to. Then I noticed that the cooldown wasn't going down at all - unless Fast Feet was active. It was as if the normal cooldown "rate" had been set to 0, and was only positive during the 0.5s "boost" of Fast Feet. Later on, after I had died and respawned, the cooldown behavior had returned to normal - standard cooldown that's accelerated by Fast Feet. Could this be a bug with Fast Feet being active while dying?SexyMoose10 10h
10h Training mode tutorial mentions tower ammo In Training mode, Uther says that towers can't attack once they run out of ammo, but this mechanic isn't in the game any moreDuckie0 10h
13h Hanzo Trait Hanzo Traits allow him to leap over stuff with a stylish back flip or what ever, but he can't do this on your teams gates, also i can be on the opposite side but because i'm at a slighty off angle it wont allow the trait to activate. Please take a serious look at Hanzo's trait it has caused me to get killed so many times because its buggy.Zlade0 13h
13h Collection Bug: New Item A lot of times when I acquire a new item -let's say a new spary-, the collections shows me I have a new item in the banner tag.Karabars5 13h
15h Automatic Connection to Singapore servers I live in the US, on the East Coast. For HL and QM recently(today and Friday, June 15th specifically), for some reason, it has connected me to the Singapore servers. I have checked the regions section and it says my ping to the Singapore servers is 56, while in game it is 250 or higher. Also it has greatly reduced the quality of the matches, as it matched me against, and with, golds to platinum players as a high Masters player. I have my preferred server set to Central US now, but I do not want to be connected to Singapore servers again.huntercj0 15h
15h AI Stuck in Brawl I recently played the current brawl with the punishers and multiple times my ai team mates would run to a wall and just sit there for the rest of the game causing me to lose all rounds, I have recorded two instances of this behavior and is rather unbecoming of your so called 'VETERAN' ai. Being forced to sit out and wait for the rounds to end or just running into the enemy team to end the rounds sooner really killed any desire to keep playing at this moment.Arcthunder3 15h
15h [Abathur] Kicked while using Monstrosity Lately I have been playing AI with Abathur and I was getting kicked as if I was afk. Even when I was in command of the monstrosity soaking and pushing while also -body soaking- with Abathur I got kicked twice (vs AI). Using the monstrosity does not seems to register that you are actually playing. Thanks!EvilKing0 15h
16h Coffre LiLi ( lvl 70 ) Bonjour , J'aimerais vous signaler un soucis qui m'est arrivé , en effet au moment ou j'ai atteins le niveau 70 avec LiLi ça a " sauté une page " et je n'ai pas reçue mon coffre du up lvl 70 avec ce personnage .Je ne vous cache pas que cela m'ennuie beaucoup car c'est mon main . Dans l'attente que vous interveniez , je vous remercie par avance .Demetra0 16h
17h Matchmaking Issue Can someone please explain to me why in Hero League as gold 1, promo game to plat I just got a matchup with 4 Gold 1's and 1 Plat 5 on my team versus the enemy team of 3 Plat 5's and 2 Plat 3's? While I understand in the grand scheme of things that's not a huge variance and some may have been demotion games, but yet there is clearly a discrepancy there that can easily be remedied by switching some of those people around. It just makes zero senseBillyMaysHer0 17h
18h New skins/etc Notifications incorrectly displayed After opening Loot Boxes tried to find the new stuff...couldn't find it so it would remove the new tag. Couple days later tried to find it again and since i couldn't just went through everything and I realized that it was showing the new sign on the tab to the left and not the correct one.Criad0 18h
19h Placement Game Placement Game last 2017 season 3.. im diamond 2.. and now.. i played 10 games and i got 9/10.. and now im silver 2? please help..Dogma1 19h
19h Not possible to disable camera follow During the game, after accidentally hitting C it was not possible disable the camera, the message always said Camera enabled. Going to the settings menu, placing a tick to disable and applying the changes did nothing, it stayed focused on the hero.MMOStars57 19h
19h Unable to clear 1 emoji notification My emoji's say 1 new item, has since 2.0 launch.TriOptimum17 19h
21h Genji Deflect on Tower of Doom Check Genjis Deflect Ability in Tower of Doom. If he jump in the the Nexus area and the rockets hits him and he deflect it. Its a good Damage Output ;). Or should it be ;)Zeus0 21h
21h Fenix has no hero specific mount tab Fenix can't change back to his default mount, the only way to get it now is to hope that you have a loadout that has the default mount currentlyDeadlyTest0 21h
22h Game crashes as it starts. EDD41447-4CD9-45BC-B954-A07AA11C8BB4phaseshifter0 22h
22h Change of personal rating Why constantly in solo league the personal rating is taken away, even at a victory and receiving MVP? And it occurs after each match and not important a victory it or defeat, but the personal rating is taken away always. Here on an example screens upon termination of a match: http://s013.radikal.ru/i325/1705/fb/f483f457e412.jpg http://s015.radikal.ru/i330/1705/92/ade92a0f87ee.jpgМертвец2 22h
23h Queued as Lunara, entered as Blaze, on wrong mount. VERY strange.... and first time I've seen it happen. I queued as Lunara and once in game I was Blaze with the basic mount.Glaneon0 23h