Bug Report

Aug 18, 2017 Forum and Bug Report Rules Greetings Heroes! On behalf of my fellow moderators, Hugincord and Fizivix , welcome to Heroes of the Storm Bug Report Forums! Please note that all posts in this forum are investigated by Blizzard Quality Assurance Analysts. While we try to post as much as possible please do not fret should your post not receive a Blue reply. Even our moderators are analysts who work to investigate every report, on top of their standard testing duties. Should you be experiencing account access, purchasing, or technical support issues please be sure to contact our Support Teams as a priority. ::Bug Forum Ground Rules:: Please post respectfully as ALL posts and replies are subject to the Blizzard Code of Conduct. Each player that comes to this forum is either looking for help, or making a goodwill effort to give us a heads up. Be kind to each other. While we welcome feedback, this forum is not the appropriate location to discuss intended gameplay mechanics in depth. At times we may venture into discussion territory for the purposes of clarifying a report; but in general feedback posts will be moved to our General Forums, where further discussion is encouraged. Do not bump posts without adding relevant new information to your initial report. A single report of a potential bug is enough to get our teams investigating the matter. Should you wish to report that an issue is still occurring, please make a new posting after a reasonable amount of time has passed. Report each bug individually – We request that each bug you submit have its own posting, so that we can ensure a proper analyst investigates the contents of it. Bug “lists” need to be passed from one type of analyst to another, which can complicate getting validation on your report. Please use the search feature at the top of our forum landing to find similar issues. Should you feel your issue is unique, or that related issues are non-relevant, please create a new posting. The exception to this is if the newest thread you can find is older than 2 months, and your issue is still active in the current patch. Please post from the account that is experiencing the issue. It helps us more accurately diagnose any issues that you may be experiencing on the server side. ::Bug Writing:: When posting a bug, please begin with a one sentence Summary that clearly describe the bug. We should be able to understand the majority of the issue you are reporting by reading your Summary. As a note, our “Try/Sandbox” modes operate on slightly different rules than standard matches. Bugs experienced or orchestrated in these modes, may not be possible in standard play modes. Please check standard modes along with any Debug Mode issue you experience. Good summary: The tooltip for the Zagara’s Baneling Barrage skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with barrage After your Summary, include a detailed report of the bug you experienced. Include as much relevant information as you can. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help our team in reproducing your report, getting into the hands of our developers all the faster. Attachments, diagnostics, system files and supplemental information can be emailed to us at Heroesbugattachments@blizzard.com. Prior to sending us an attachment, please review our guidelines for those. Please feel free to report issues to us by that email as well, should you feel uncomfortable with posting in a forum environment. Do not assume that your audience will immediately see the bug you are reporting, even if you feel it’s obvious. Factors such as region, ISP, hardware configuration, and even play-style can cause the player experience to vastly differ. ::Types of Bugs:: Below are several categories of bug you may encounter during play. We have included the specific information we would like for each bug reported of this type. Functionality/Design – You are expecting something in the game to work one way, and it’s working another way. This could include skills not functioning properly, computer AI behaving oddly, or a hero completely disappearing after using a skill. Helpful info to include: Whether you’re in menus or in game. What hero is affected, or if all heroes are. Proper name of functionality (tooltip skill name). Screenshot or video of what’s wrong. (uploaded to the file or media sharing site of your choice) Compatability – If something is wrong with how the game is behaving with your hardware or peripherals, such as graphics not displaying properly, sounds playing incorrectly or not at all, freezes or performance loss. Helpful info to include: Again, whether you’re in menus or in game. Provide your System information (DxDiag.txt or System Profiler) and Variables.txt (found in the Documents folder of our game) Connectivity – Your client's connection to our service is impacted, or you have issues dealing with login, grouping, matchmaking, chat, or any other issue related to the networking of our game. Helpful info to include: What region you are connecting to. Run a Pathping and Tracert if you suspect a network issue, and report your findings. Crashes When the game crashes, you may be provided with a text entry field, which sends a report directly to our bug database. Provide details in that box if you have any, as that sometimes is the only information we have to identify hard-to-reproduce but critical issues. Once you submit the report, you are provided a UUID code. While we will automatically receive your crash report, please feel free to report it here as well, including that UUID code in the posting. The more specific you can be in any report made to us, the faster we can work towards resolving the issue Thank you for taking the time to visit our forum, and enjoy your stay in the Nexus! -ZobrekZobrek0 Aug 18, 2017
Mar 6 Known Issues List - 8/16/18 UI and Online Grandmaster ranks in excess of 99 extend beyond the portrait. [Voice] Players are receiving "Failed to setup Party voice channel. Retrying." when trying to connect to in-game Voice chat. [CN][Li-Ming] Templar Li-Ming's Voice Lines are missing in game and Loadout. New item counts are not in the correct locations in the Collection Subnav Players decaying from GRANDMASTER to MASTER are not ending up in a decay state Grandmaster leaderboard website is not publishing the grandmaster updates for Ranked playGame Content New – [Li-Ming] Disintegrate can automatically recast in certain situations. New – Some brawls are not playing their announcer audio. New – [Alexstrasza] Cleansing Flame can get stuck in certain scenarios and desync from the mouse position. Viper Genji's VO for his Deflect and Swift Strike can be heard globally. Commander and Marshal Raynor slide while casting Inspire and Auto Attack abilities. Chromie's Hearthstone animation is missing the model for her hourglass. [Abathur] Evolve Monstronsity's buff bar tooltip displays 0 Bonus attack damage Holding Right-Click to move and issuing Attack Move commands can cause the animation to play but deal no damage. [Cassia] Issuing a move command in the opposite direction of Valkyrie will cause Valkyrie to not pull that hero [Dead Man's Stand] Camera Lock takes focus on Misha instead of Rexxar after using the Medivac from a boss completion. [Blaze] It is possible for Bunker ability cooldowns to get stuck in certain situations. Invisibility outlines are not always visible over Ragnaros' lava trail. Targeting guides disappear when the local player's mouse moves outside of the Battleground area [Volskaya Foundry] Heroes can become stuck or unresponsive between conveyors and nearby terrain islands. [Alterac Pass] [Sylvanas] Possession causes lane units to display the wrong death model. [Leoric] Undying does not display a max range splat on Drain Essence. (Yrel) - Yrel's tail breaks on bike type mounts. [Alexstrasza] Casting Dragonqueen is generating Red Text errors. [Ana] Shrike's healing is not directly linked to damage dealt. [Johanna] Eternal Retaliation is not functioning against Structures. [Volskaya] Casting Time Stop on the Protector will not interrupt a Heroes Channel on it. [Tychus] If Tychus' current target becomes an invalid target for Overkill and there are no other targets near by, Overkill will end early. [Artanis] Blade Dash will shift Artanis when the end of the dash is near the edge of unpathable, which can cancel Blade Dash. - 35.a [Volskaya Foundry] Two Heroes completing a channel at the same time to enter a Mech makes it so one can not enter a Mech anymore. Mac [Mac][macOS 10.14] Mouse cursor becomes unresponsive in Fullscreen mode.Engine and Game Systems Saturated effects can occur when using Jaina. There is an odd shadow on the Hanzo Homescreen on Medium graphics AI Heroes will sometimes walk into lane and stand still while in the Garden Terror.Zobrek1 Mar 6
Aug 23 Bug Attachment Guidelines Greetings Heroes, We are happy to announce that we now have an easier method for submitting requested attachments! From now on we will request that you send your attachments to the email address HeroesBugAttachments@blizzard.com instead of uploading them to file sharing sites and providing a link. This should help us address your issues more effectively and be less of a headache for you. Below are a few guidelines we would like you all to follow when submitting your files and information to us: What to include: A link to your original thread. The requested attachment (nothing else, please). (NOTE: When attaching a replay, please also include the in-game time at which the bug occurred.) A brief description of the issue. The region in which you were playing. The time/date of the occurrence. Commonly requested attachments and how to find them: Screenshots Windows users: Screenshots can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Replays Windows users: Replays can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...DXDiag & MSInfo Mac System Info (Under the Mac Tab) Connection Info How to format a bug attachment email: First, include the name of your thread and the attachment included in the subject line. For the body of the email, start with a link to the thread, your region, then the date and time of the occurrence. After that, please include the bug description and any other pertinent info. It should look something like this: ... Thanks! -ZobrekZobrek0 Aug 23
Sep 11, 2014 Mac Bug Report and Tech Support Forums Greetings, Mac Brethren! Today we've launched our Mac Tech Forums for Heroes of the Storm. If you require assistance with Mac Technical Support, please feel free to come on over and visit! Thanks, -HuginncordHuginncord0 Sep 11, 2014
57m Li-Ming's Ultimate Disintegrate Bug Hello. I have the bug problem that whenever I kill an oponent with Li-Mings Ulti Disintegrate, when all of the Skills cooldown are reseted by an enemy kill through Disintegrate, then I try to right click somewhere else to stop Ultimate and do some other skills and use Ult again. But whenever it cooldown rset and I right click somewhere else, she instantly uses Ult again... I didn't press R again or clicked on it. she jsut use it instantly after reset (or when I try to stop the first after reset with righ-click movement)...Kyori4 57m
1h Twitch HGC chest Watched longer than 3 hours. No chest gift yetNakazawa7 1h
1h BETA TESTER PROBLEMS DEAR HELPERS, IVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME AT BETA. MY FRIENDS RECEIVED FREE HEROES, AND I DID NOT. COULD YOU HELP? I WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL. HUG'N'KISSESMagicznyAdam1 1h
1h Blackheart's Bay 0/12 cannonballs When any team has pay enough coins to the pirate to fire the cannonballs the number of cannonballs is always 0/12 even though it keeps firingPredatoras2 1h
1h Rank system bug Today at 15:15 i got demoted from gold4 400 rank points to gold5 800 rank points. I didnt have connection issues, I played the whole match. Is this some new feature in the rank system, that I can get demoted even if I dont play a demotion game, or is this a bug?nTopee1 1h
2h New items notification Well another patch is alive and you still haven't fixed that simple bug. When you get new item to your collection, all notifications (except skins) are in the wrong tabs. These should be on the left side of the tab they currently are.Executor4 2h
2h Rexxar talent bug The level 4 talent Hunter-Gatherer should give Rexxar and Misha 10 armor, but Misha isnt't getting the armor. I found that out in the training ground.Iczer90 2h
3h Alarak Deadly Charge Bug (When using attack move). So I've been playing with Alarak for a while now, and after last patch there is an issue with Deadly Charge which is when you issue Left click to execute charged deadly charge over impassible terrain Alarak charges in random direction, unrelated to mouse cursor position. I don't have recordings of my own, but I've found a player with the same problem. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8kMXmnMWs5IrZ24_Rkz7omuffsjKUuFs Edit: So I found temporary solution. If I change my attack move (left click) to "on release" instead of "on" he charges properly. Still, I am sure there is a conflict between this ability and quick cast.tesseract2 3h
4h Ability bug after recconecting After recconecting to the game skillshot indicators and some ability’s animation dissapear until the restart of the game.Enryu0 4h
5h huge bug, loss 600 ranked points and demotion game Hello, i want to report a big bug that happened to me on 20/08/18 9 or 10 pm CET time, i was silver 4 with 600-800 points...sure more than silver 4 half level promotion, during a game in hero selection game crashes and when i log in back i found what? silver 4 demotion game!!! loss at least 600 point please investigate, watching log and refund me this points please... thanksSteezo0 5h
8h AA sliding There are some ranged auto attackers that are sliding after their auto attack animation.MasterBaker0 8h
9h Junkrat's Steel Trap Hi, While the following issue may seem to belong to "Suggestions and Feedback" section, the more I play Junkrat, the more I see how inconvenient it is (and can hardly be excused by game mechanic). The trouble is that Junkrat's Steel Trap animation works the same way as Maiev's Fan of Knives. In other words, the animation of trap, i.e. its orientation, depends on where Junkrat stood in the moment he armed it. Whereas there is no real reason to arm a trap in exactly this manner, it entails a significant drawback. If you would like to arm a trap in the middle of bushes, you can't just order Junkrat to do so, the bushes have to be in the cast radius of Steel Trap. As a result, you can easily install traps not where you want them to be. The problem is especially noticeable when you start using quick cast "on", it gets even harder to arm it properly. Maiev's Fan of Knives: https://imgur.com/XhN839w, https://imgur.com/hvuY2GL, https://imgur.com/3peTJ9w Junkrat's Steel Trap: https://imgur.com/dI17LWmFredoAim0 9h
9h Marshal Raynor skin weights bug Marshal Raynor's right pauldron bends up towards his face during his idle animation in the character select screen. Steps to reproduce: 1. Launch Game 2. Click Play 3. Select Raynor 4. Select Loadout 5. Equip any Marshal skin for Raynor Ex: https://imgur.com/a/9aPuXcV This appears to be a skin weight issue since his ready pose restores the right pauldron to its correct position.recyclops1 9h
11h NO LOOT BOX 4 TWITCH https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20767708129?page=1#post-2 WATCHED FOR 7 HRS. YEAH IT WAS FUN BUT NO LOOT BOX???? SERIOUSLY??? WHY AM I HATED SO MUCH?? OTHER PPL WERE COMPLAINING IN CHAT ABOUT THE SAME THING WHILE OTHERS GOT SOME DROPS: COMMON & RARE 7 HRS & NO LOOT ==== LIARS.Shadybear4202 11h
13h Blackheart's Bay Bug Issues Blackheart's bay has numerous problems when the cannons shoot. First, you have no idea how many cannons are left to shoot. Where it shows how many cannons are left, they are all just blank. Second, you can not see the physical cannons hitting the object. You only see the trail animation on the cannons, but not the actual cannon object.Petabread0 13h
15h Long waiting time for ranked game Hello! I've got a problem with waiting time(ranked game), it can be 2500 secs and still didnt start game, it happens i think for two weeks. I've got no problems with fast game..Ermak3 15h
15h 600 points J'ai perdu 600 points de nulle part, sans quitter de partie. Sans quitter pendant la sélection. Depuis, votre matchmaking ne me met que dans des équipes de racistes ou de flamers (tolérés car en Europe, le service client de Blizzard France m'a confirmé qu'ils ne pouvaient rien faire contre le racisme, je suppose que ça fait partie de vos valeurs, c'est malheureux, mais bon, il me faut l'accepter). On m'envoie ici pour remonter le bug, néanmoins, je constate que c'est le forum US, alors que c'est un bug qui m'arrive sur le serveur Europe. Je n'ai pas envie d'écrire en anglais. Et je suppose que vous n'avez pas envie (ou pas la compétence) de répondre en français. Vous avez communiqué sur votre matchmaking tout nouveau comme mettant les gens de même niveau ensemble. Je constate donc que vous considérez que bronze ou or c'est le même niveau. La différence étant qu'en or, je voyais beaucoup moins de flamers et de racistes (que vous les tolériez pour l'argent me paraît évident, car vous avez trop peu de joueurs pour être rentables tout en gardant une équipe de gestion de communauté efficiente, mais là, vraiment, votre équipe française m'a clairement fait comprendre que c'était pas grave le racisme et que la provocation au suicide n'était pas non plus important (c'est interdit par la loi en France)). J'aimerais donc être mis dans des équipes de joueurs de mon niveau : des gens prêts à changer de pick pour s'adapter par exemple. A moins que vous ne vouliez que moi aussi je trolle, je flame et je balance des commentaires racistes ? 2 fois cette saison : perte de 600 points venus de nulle part. Et réponse de votre "service" client FR : on s'en fout, on peut rien faire car on s'occupe de facturation. Pensez à l'argent, mais n'oubliez pas votre communauté.Vorapsak4 15h
15h No Sound options. None of my sound options for my logitech headset, or optical cable, are available selections in the options. Also, my defualt hdmi sound does not work on this game. In short, I have zero sound. I have checked the drivers, and recently updated and uninstalled old and installed new ones. I have checked sound levels out of the game, played other games, used youtube and have all sources available for use. However, this game has zero sound. I have repaired, checked for updates, to no avail. Please fix this. I have also tried restarting the blizzard app as well as the computer.VILEINFECTED2 15h
18h no play button heroes not loading and no play button, only please wait, and i've waited and waited for 60-70 for it to show, it happens every time i enter the game. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/400284009399189524/481209456164864011/Screenshot2018-08-21_01_44_21.jpgAdelthebu0 18h
20h Team League Error in TeamLeague it is 3x time just Dc when i get inside the Hero pick.. and i lost 600 Rpoints like that... Then when i click Rdy just says disconnect and points lost :( Internet working Perfect. What to do ...Qju0 20h
20h Collection sub-category mismatch When I have new item in my collection the number Is 1 category to the left of where it's suposed to be. For example: I get 1 new portrait, well, the 1 will appear next to the emoji category. I tryed to repair and reinstall the game but it didnt work.Hiraeth0 20h
21h Stuck after the first two tutorials Started the game for the first time. I finished the first two tutorials (switching characters after the first one). After completing the second one, it went through the basic screens on collections, game types, loot, etc. and I end up on the main play screen but cannot do anything other than switch to other screens that are all locked. All i can do is replay the first tutorial. Everything else is unavailable. I disabled firewalls, reinstalled, deleted cached data and restarted but still nothing changes.Nosferatu1 21h
22h Game crash in Hero select This is the second time this past week that my game has crashed in Hero Select in HL, which SUCKS big time because of the drop in LP. Being booted out and coming back to find you're in your demotion game for something out of your control isn't a good feeling.TDawg1 22h
1d Error on games profile Good afternoon, I logged in after 2 days of inactivity and I noticed something strange in the profile, the most played heroes I had (Guldan Butcher Zeratul and Kethuzad) have now changed by magic (Guldan Kerrigan Artanis and Diablo) these three with fewer games and fewer levels than the previous ones, and not a few levels .. On the other hand, the played games that I had before were 7000 aprox, now I get 3048, ¿Wtf? Well, rewards mvp, the same, half have disappeared, and the profile is almost all wrong, any help? Kelthuzad barely 70 games and I have it at level 60 lol?Banned2 1d
1d D.Va on Industrial District D.Va while in Mech can heal in base on Industrial District (Brawl one lane map)DarkHeart0 1d
1d Different champion in game I have qued a game with nova and when the game started i was playing with tracerMrLel1 1d
1d I cant find hero league games, long que (30min+) Region: Europe I played two Hero legue games yesterday with normal que time (200-400 sec), but today i coudnt find any gams the queuetime just went on and on. After 1200 sec i usully canceled the que and restart it. After all, i had 5 que all going up to 1200 sec one even up to 1800sec (see screenshot). screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/dTYLDbZGlyon0 1d
1d Purchases disabled and Collection bugged Hello! So I'm having some trouble, when I go into the Collection tab, at heroes, it shows that I have 45/51 heroes, but that's not true. If I click Unowned heroes, under All Heroes, it indeed shows only 6 heroes. I wanted to buy some gems and buy Medivh today, but Medivh doesn't even show up in Collection, owned, unowned, nothing. Same goes for a lot of heroes. I went to Play, QM, clicked Medivh, and it says the selected hero has not yet been earned, but there are no options to buy him, neither coins nor gems. I can't ready up either. Is there some Maintenance going on, is this a bug on my end.. what's going on?Eris0 1d
1d Character level 16 after 4 played games I have seen a player profile with a level 16 Kerrigan and the stats said 4 games played with this character. Could that be? I took a screenshot.Luminol2 1d
1d Random Hero pick. I look for the bonux xp to be up for random pick and do so when it is. I have noticed a very large varian pick for myself. I have tank role taken off the search as I don't like to play tank. Varian seems to be given to me way too much. To the point that im sick of playing him.Sabin551 1d
1d Portrait bug I just received StarCraft Rebels Collection Portrait when I got Tychus level 15. I have Kerrigan level 15 and Raynor level 13. The requirement for getting the portrait is having all 3 level 15. I don't have all 3 level 15 ;) Thanks for a good game!Xagini1 1d
1d Abathur Evolve Monstrosity Abathur's Monstrosity doesn't gain damage upon killing minions and such only health is being increasedGrabbax0 1d
1d Tychus Ult Bug - Drakken Laser Drill During team fights the laser will not drop can take up to 15 times of hitting your "R" button to drop. I use to play alot of tychus never had this issue. Haven't played him much within last few weeks since his auto attack range was decreased but I know before that the laser would drop no matter what the first time it was used.Joe4 1d
1d Collection UI display Bug the Tabs are indexed n-1 or the New Item popup is indexed n+1 Example if i get a new item in Banners, it shows me i have a new spray if i get a new spray, it shows me i have a new announcer This has been going on for about half a year now.g4m3r2 1d
1d Disconnect bug Hello I have been dissconting for at least 3 times each game. What is going on ? Playing in NAGandalf30210 1d
1d Whitemane W bug on D.va self-destruct I found out 3times in a single game, that either by damaging D.va mech while it is low HP, and followed by self destruct or by simply targeting D.va mech while it is already self-destructing your beam from W will connect, doing dmg, + providing heal, while actually not putting any HP down, I dont have any clip of this issue, tho its rlly simple to try itVallice1 1d
1d Disable Real ID Hello, I have recently noticed that my real name appears above my battletag. I don't want that, so I managed to figure out how it should be removed. I disabled real ID from my account yesterday, but my name still appears above my battletag. Is this a bug? How to fix this issue. Cheersphysprof0 1d
1d 800 point hero league loss I just played a game of hero league and lost ~800 pts in masters. I went from ~1500 to 692. I was not AFK during draft or anything, so I'm not sure what is going on.Paperquake1 1d
1d Hero League - 600+ points lost in one game I was one win away from promotion in Hero League and I lost one match and I'm now one game away from demotion. The full bug report is below. This is as of 8/17/2018 at 8:42 pm Eastern Time. I plan to play more games so please refer to the time stamp as a reference to my ticket. Here's my ticket to tech support: "My past 5 hero league games was 4W & 1L. The 5th match was my loss. I went roughly from 700 points down to 63 points. The points loss was reported around 200 but I lost 600+ points. The system in place doesn't allow me to view the points so I'm unable to attach a screen shot. Please look into this bug." Here's tech support's response: "Game Master Stilggost here. While I'd love to be able to help with this, I'm afraid that support staff aren't able to view Hero League ratings either. With that being the case, there's not really anything we can do beyond recommending that you submit a bug report so that the Heroes of the Storm team can look into this." My thoughts: There should definitely be a system in place where players can view the gains and losses of each match and at the very least Blizzard Tech Support should be able to view the gains and losses of it's own game.Hyperion2 1d
1d Abathur bug after DC symbiose Q will shoot only 1 direction after I got DC, and after restarting it didn't give the opportunity to rejoin the match, PLS FIX ASAPAuriel0 1d
1d Penalizacion de desconexion infinita hola buenas tengo un bug en mi cuenta, juego todas las partidas sin desconectarme y me sale una penalizacion de desconexion infinitamente... completo las 3 partidas y al dia siguiente me vuelve a salir sin haberme desconectado nunca...Corvus0 1d
1d CAN NOT PROMOTE TO NEW RANK Hey Guys, I just got done playing my promotion game with 199 banked points. Instead of being promoted after my win, the game kept me at the same rank and subtracted points. Please help because this is incredibly frustrating...Rewind2 1d
1d not a bad thing but why do varian look like this i just login in to the game at i wont to play varien and then i lookt at hes skins and then i so that the crimson lionheart skin is only red like all of him is red the face the sword the armor ALL OF HIM is red why is thatSwankyTiger0 1d
1d Disconect of a match... never but okey... Hi, im playing heroes right now and i play so much full games without a dissconection... but when i log in today i have a debuff that say: you disconnect some game and you cant play ranked/unraked since you play 4 games with people that disconect too.... when i play 4 games this debuff arrives again i need help blizzard...Corvus0 1d
2d Illidan bug Sweep strikes not activating bonus damagenewbishhuman2 2d
2d Abathur's Monstrosity didn't get attack bonus Abathur's Monstrosity didn't get its attack bonus from nearby minion deaths. The health bonus still gathered and applied, and the attack bonus displayed, but it stayed at 0 and didn't increase it's damage, even with all 40 stacks. It originally occurred on an unrelated match on the cursed hollow, so I went into a try match to see if it was permanent or a 1 time thing, and it happened again. I have not had time to test it more thoroughly, but it seems to always happen.PixelProf1 2d