Books and Comics

Mar 14, 2014 Spoiler Warning and Guidelines Be warned that entering this forum you are opening yourself up to potential spoilers. The discussion of books, games, and movies are simply and completely prone to spoilers to many degrees. Without discussing the information proposed in these mediums, there isn’t much of a discussion to be had. It is therefore on you as an observer to choose where and when to enter into the possibility of seeing spoilers. We do not require spoiler tags or otherwise require any warning that a thread may contain a spoiler. You should assume that when clicking on a thread you will see spoilers on that topic. With that in mind we do have some rules to ensure it can continue to be your choice as to where and when you see spoilers while on these forums. Spoilers do not directly violate the rules of this forum as long as: They are not contained within thread subject lines. Posting a thread with a title that is itself a spoiler will result in a harsh penalty. They are reasonable within the context of the thread. Jumping into a thread to post a spoiler that’s off-topic, or creating a thread with a misleading subject line to reveal a spoiler, will result in a harsh penalty. Like all moderation, we reserve the right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based on our discretion.Vaeflare0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Welcome! Please Read In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to books and comics! Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/12082078102 Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/12077367625?page=1#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Vaeflare0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums!Vaeflare0 Mar 14, 2014
Jul 16, 2016 What's everyone reading now? I'm currently reading Dracula and House Of Chains. Pretty sure everyone knows what Dracula's about, but I'm reading it for a free online course about fantasy and we have to read different books every week and analyze them. House Of Chains is the 4th book in the Malazan Book Of The Fallen fantasy series by Steven Erikson. Like every book in that series I've read so far its absolutely fantastic, better than Game of Thrones even. And it seems to be getting even better. Go give it a try xDAstralFlare9 Jul 16, 2016
Jul 8, 2016 If You Havn't Read it, Then You Should! Lets see if we can't get a good list of books (or series) that people should read through at least once. Harry Potter A Song of Ice and Fire (!!!!!!) A Series of Unfortunate Events The Chronicles of Narnia StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga Heaven's Devils/Devils' Due/Flashpoint The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy If you have any more suggestions, POST 'EM!! Or you can tell me how bad (or good) my library is...Zalderick28 Jul 8, 2016
Jul 8, 2016 A book from long time Blizzard Fan As a longtime fan of Blizzard games and lore I decided to try my hand at writing as well. So Ive written a book called Cell to Cell, which is available on Amazon right now. Its about a young Neuron named Nero and his adventures throughout the developing human body. Its suited towards a middle school reader, but the story also provides entertainment for a much wider audience. I hope to write more works of fiction, which is why I come here. What would you guys like to read that isnt already copyrighted by Blizzard? Any ideas would be appreciated. Anyway here is the link if anyone is interested, its also available in kindle form. Feel free to leave comments about my next book, or pass the word along of my current one. Thanks alot! https://www.amazon.com/Cell-Mr-Charles-Stangler-Jr/dp/1530057221/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468008260&sr=8-1&keywords=cell+to+cellShowtime0 Jul 8, 2016
May 6, 2016 Animorphs Maaaaan, did Abathur give me a huge throwback to the series with his abilities reminding me of the Yeerks so much. Anyone else read the books?Moogle6 May 6, 2016
Jan 4, 2016 Why no Heroes of the Storm comicbooks? That would be absolutely great! I would buy it! ^.^ I'm sure you guys could come up with amazing stories and fun interactions between the characters while also explaining a bit more about how the Nexus works! :DEmeraldTBoa7 Jan 4, 2016
Dec 20, 2015 Warcraft books - Sylvanas coverage? Hey guys, first off I don't play world of warcraft and I know very little about the story outside of a few wiki pages that I have read here and there. However; I am interested in the warcraft universe and I really like Sylvanas as a character. Which Warcraft books would give me the best coverage on Sylvanas and the events with Arthas? I understand "WarCraft Archive" is a collection of three books that is most often recommended to new readers but I have a feeling these ones have nothing to do with Sylvanas based on what I have read.NewbieDan3 Dec 20, 2015
Dec 2, 2015 Free Sci Fi Dystopian Book - No 2 on Amazon I play HOTS a fair a bit and I just wanted to share with teh community. Give the book a chance and grab it for free. If any of you are Imgurians you would have seen the FP post on this book and gone to check it out - http://imgur.com/a/cw44k If you love comic book action, superheroes, evil corporations, basically - everything we love about our video gaming stories. This book has it. It’s ranked at the top of the free books right now on Amazon, so grab it before a price tag comes back. Here’s the blurb: A dynamite first book that introduces the world of Eden’s Ore: an energy starved dystopian Earth that discovers a new form of energy. A magical ore that has the power to destroy or transform the world. As the world fights for control of it, an anomaly within the population discover a strange connection to the ore, unlocking supernatural abilities within them. Gabriel Roberts is one of them. A piece of the coveted ore is punched into his chest during a horrific storm that destroys his family’s ranch. Panicked Gabriel unleashes a massive explosion from the ore in his chest, the ore power surging through his body. Unsure of what is happening to himself, Gabriel’s world spins out of control as he discovers a hidden war, raging behind the scenes. As Gabriel learns about the true nature of the ore bonded to his chest, he is forced to choose a side. A decision that will shape the course of humanity. Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Edens-Ore-Secrets-B-V-Bayly-ebook/dp/B0186FCE0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448481852&sr=8-2&keywords=eden%27s+oreArthoriusx0 Dec 2, 2015
Aug 15, 2015 Has anybody read the Geralt Of Rivia books? I'm about to finish "The Wise man's fear" (great book btw) so I will need a new book soon, and I've been hearing great things from the Geralt of Rivia saga. The problem I see is the storyline, as the first 2 books are supposed to be short tales about Geralt but with little to no connection with the novels (3rd in advance), and I wouldn't want to invest time and money in a couple of books if they are not really worth it. To sum up: Are the first 2 books worth it?Iloveyouall4 Aug 15, 2015
Jul 26, 2015 Can someone suggest good books within my preferences I enjoy out of this world sometimes over the top adventures. Fiction/nonfiction based on real life struggles are boring to me I see that stuff on the news all the time. I still kind of enjoy sci fi novels but I find there is a bit too much random inconsistencies (like faking arming weapons or whatever, don't they have some heat detection or other sci fi nonsense that would blow a hole into this plan). Fantasy is still good too without overdoing magic portions (magic or magic items that require lottery jackpot-winning odds to use/find is lame af, unless presented extremely well I suppose). A decent example is this one book I read a long time ago based on real life in the present technological era of like 2004 but the main character public-knowledgely died and was brought back as a clone who had to deal with people being super freaked out by seeing them and other stuff like that.Hyfearium1 Jul 26, 2015
Jun 26, 2015 Blizzard @comiccon Anybody seen a "Nexus" dragon?<br/>Has anybody seen their con announcement?Jealius0 Jun 26, 2015
Jun 15, 2015 So how about art? Theres a forum for comics, idk if that includes fanart. Is it cool to talk about the HotS contest with deviantart and all the great entries (and the troll art on the flip side)?? I entered and had a lot of fun making my entry. Theres some great art and awesome ideas in there. Only a few days left to enter. We should talk about this! <3 ART IS GOOD FOR YOU!WildAgdael0 Jun 15, 2015
Apr 27, 2015 account issue my account level was 6 and and saved some gold as well. When I logged in everything was reset..tplink0 Apr 27, 2015
Feb 22, 2015 suggestion for blizzard... just a thought, has anyone from blizzard considered buying rights to the dungeons and dragons rpg and using the various campaign settings and applying them to a WOW based system. the current version mmorpg Dungeons & Dragons Online is lacking. Blizzards expertise, knowledge, and finances could turn a "Meh its an okay game" to a game that even the most hardcore D&D enthusiast would be proud to play.ironskull0 Feb 22, 2015
Oct 16, 2014 E-book version of Blizzard novels in other languages The only one ive been able to find is War Crimes on the iTunes book store. Ive checked on the other forums and no one seems to have the ebooks, just the paperbacks. Just wondering if this is the only (not-english) novel blizzard has put on an ebook store and if it isn't does anyone know where to find them.Fluffythepoo0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 7, 2014 Alpha is Full of Opportunity A book iv recently read is "The Alchemist" i really enjoyed the whole feeling i got when reading it, give yourself a moral boost and rediscover your "Personal Legend" :)FireBat4000 Oct 7, 2014
Sep 10, 2014 Naming Your Own Creations: Bad Form? Would it be in bad form to suggest your own (comic) creation in the forum? I don't want to commit a faux pas, so I figured I would ask first. What do you think, a thread made to show off players' personal works? Yes/No?Sooth2 Sep 10, 2014
Jun 30, 2014 Short stories and or comics How about a short stories or web comics for the skins in heroes of the storm continue the description.NightWolf8810 Jun 30, 2014
Jun 13, 2014 Free Fantasy Novella Figured I'd offer up my Novella series I'm working on, Fallen Throne. It's about two kids who go off to discover who killed their parents and the adventures they get into along the way. If anyone reads on kindle it's free today. Love it, hate it or ignore it, it's up to you. http://www.amazon.com/Fallen-Throne-First-Adventure-World-ebook/dp/B00IXMWC8UKakitaMike1 Jun 13, 2014
Jun 13, 2014 War Crimes and other Warcraft Novels I have yet to really get into Warcraft books just because, in general, I am not that good at setting aside time to read a book to completion. My bookshelf is littered with some of the best selling books of the last decade and some beyond yet I have read all the way through perhaps 5 of them. However, I have been in MoP since release and I deeply love the history of WoW. This book seems like something I could devour in a few nights just on the basis that I want to know what happens to that bastard before WoD drops. Things like how does he escape and what I can expect to see expanded upon in the expansion. When I do get through it, what would be the next best Warcraft novel to step into?Umbracron5 Jun 13, 2014