Mac Support

Dec 14 macOS 10.12.2 Available Hey all! This OS update from Apple includes some graphics driver fixes for Intel Macs, and additional performance improvements and bug fixes for Metal. This update can be applied through the App Store: 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.12.2 Update 10.12.2 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site, or by performing a Combo Update.Glaxigrav0 Dec 14
Sep 11, 2014 Welcome to Heroes of the Storm Mac Support! Welcome to the Mac Technical Support forum for Heroes of the Storm. This forum exists to provide Heroes of the Storm customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-8pm Pacific) and will do their best to assist you with your issue. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues at http://battle.net/support/ and if unable to locate a solution, please go ahead and create a new post regarding your issue using the guidelines below. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the General Discussion forum. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the Forum Code of Conduct and forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Glaxigrav0 Sep 11, 2014
Nov 15 [Mac] Windowed mode and resolution issues Hello heroes! We are aware of a few bugs specifically affecting Macs that have surfaced in the latest patch for Heroes of the Storm (version 22). We wanted to notify the Mac community ahead of time and let everyone know that we are working to get these resolved as soon as possible! [Mac] Switching to Windowed mode is causing the client to be partially offscreen. - Resolved [Mac] Switching to Fullscreen Windowed can scale the client larger than the desktop can display. - Resolved [Mac] Hiding the client in Fullscreen Windowed mode and tabbing back is locking the client window. - Resolved [Mac] Resolutions are not matching across the same hardware between Mac and Windows. - Resolved We will make sure to update the community on these issues as they are resolved. Thank you all for your patience and understanding! Update 11/28: 3/4 of these bugs have been resolved. Hooray! Update 12/9: All 4 of these bugs should now be resolved.Jambrix0 Nov 15
Jul 16 Guide: Limiting FPS to help your Mac stay cool & quiet WARNING: By following these instructions you agree that I am not responsible for any harm caused to you, your computer(s) and its software as a result of following these instructions. The following instructions will have you navigate to hidden folders in your OS X installation that contain configuration files which could negatively affect the proper working condition of your computer if you delete or edit the wrong files. Tread carefully. Read the entire contents of this post before attempting to execute the following instructions. You are strongly encouraged to read any comments following this posts for any amendments, helpful tips and pitfalls before attempting to execute the following instructions. Motivation: At the time of this writing, frame rate limiting options were not yet implemented in Heroes of the Storm so I decided to write this guide in an attempt to help the community. This guide will show you how to help your Mac stay cool and quiet while playing Blizzard’s Heroes of the Storm. This guide will have instructions for OS X Lion (10.7.x) and above. These instructions may apply to older versions of OS X but I don’t have a machine handy to test them out. What we will be accomplishing (Summary and not actual instructions): We will be limiting the frames being drawn per second by the game. We will be navigating to the following hidden folder Macintosh HD/Users/[actual_osx_username]/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/ Heroes of the Storm/ where [acutal_osx_username] is your OS X username. We will add the following two properties to the contents of the Variables.txt file located in that folder: frameratecap=X frameratecapGlue=Y Instructions: Make sure Heroes of the Storm is not running. If it is running please close it. Open Finder. Click on “Go” in the menu that is docked at the top of your screen. Hold the “alt option” key on your keyboard and the “Library” will appear in the list. Select “Library” in the list that appeared in step 4 all while continuing to hold the “alt option” key on your keyboard. Open the “Application Support” folder by double clicking on it. Open the “Blizzard” folder by double clicking on it. Open the “Heroes of the Storm” folder by double clicking on it. You will now see a text file named “Variables.txt” located in the “Heroes of the Storm” folder you just opened. Open this “Variables.txt” file by double clicking on it and a text editor will open displaying the file contents. Scroll down to the bottom of the file and add the following two properties to the bottom of the file: frameratecap=30 This first property will limit the frame rate to 30 frames per second while in game. You can set it to any whole number you wish. I recommend 30. frameratecapGlue=30 This second property will limit the frame rate to 30 frames per second while in menus. You can set it to any whole number you wish. I recommend a value between 25 and 30. Leave an extra empty line at the end of the file after adding the two previous properties. Save your changes to the file by selecting "File" in the menu docked at the top of your screen and then selecting "Save". You can also use the keyboard shortcut “Command + S”. You may now close your text editor. You may now close your Finder window. Launch Heroes of the Storm and enjoy! Notes: Do not make edits to the Variables.txt file while Heroes of the Storm is running because all your changes will be lost the next time the game is exited. The difficulty in these instructions lies in navigating to the Library folder which was hidden from users starting with OS X Lion (10.7.x). Some of you may notice that these properties also work in Starcraft 2. ~ AnimalKAnimalK41 Jul 16
May 19 Mac OS Sierra 10.12 Now Available Apple has released their newest OS Update, 10.12. Patch notes for this release can be found on Apple's website. Both for system security and game performance, we recommend keeping your Operating System up to date, especially those using Intel GPUs.Glaxigrav0 May 19
Mar 8 Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including Battle.net App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Battle.net Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Battle.net App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Battle.net Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes.Glaxigrav0 Mar 8
Jan 26, 2015 [Solved] Issues What is this [Solved] tag? We have created a way to mark a thread as [Solved]. If you’ve found a solution to your issue, or fixed your issue, you can mark your post, and the entire thread, as [Solved]. How do I mark my Post and Thread as [Solved}? Hover your mouse over the post that solved your issue, and click on the “Mark As Solution” button (it will appear along with the “Reply” and Quote buttons). The post will be tagged with a green “Marked As Solution” banner, and [Solved] will be added to the Title of your thread. Who can mark a thread as [Solved]? Only the creator of the thread (the “OP”, or Original Poster), or a Blizzard Forum Representative can mark a thread as [Solved]. I see a [Solved] thread. Where’s the solution? The first post will have a link, “Click here to see the solution”. That will take you to the post with a green banner, “Marked As Solution”. What if I mark another post as a solution? That one will be “Marked as Solution”, and the previous post will be unmarked. A Note about [Solved] Issues Please keep in mind that when a thread and post are declared [Solved], this may only apply to the OP’s particular issue and circumstances, and fits his unique combination of software and hardware. One fix or solution can help many other players, but it probably won’t help all players. If the fix or solution doesn’t help you, it is just one more factor to eliminate in the troubleshooting process, and we’ll try our best to help you narrow it down, to find the solution that applies to your computer, and your circumstances. Thanks to all of you who post your fixes!Glaxigrav0 Jan 26, 2015
Oct 17, 2014 OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Stuttering Mouse Cursor Hail and well met, and happy new OS day! We're currently aware of an issue with the Confine Mouse Cursor option for all of our games which will result in a stuttering or jittery mouse on OS X 10.10 Yosemite. We are working closely with Apple to resolve the issue, and hope to have a solution soon. In the meantime, setting your Confine Mouse Cursor option to Off will resolve the issue. We understand that this will result in issues with some games where scrolling is necessary (Heroes/Starcraft II). Should you wish to leave Confine Mouse Cursor on, you may find that enabling VSync reduces (but will not eliminate) the amount of stuttering that you encounter. Thank you for your patience while we work on this issue! We'll provide updates as soon as they become available.Glaxigrav0 Oct 17, 2014
Sep 11, 2014 Payment & Purchase Troubleshooting If you are experiencing difficulties upgrading your account, or completing a character service, please follow these tips: Payment Option/Billing Profile A Billing Profile is required to make purchases within Heroes of the Storm. In the event that your purchase fails, double-check your Payment Options for accuracy as expired cards do not automatically remove themselves. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Click on Add a Payment Method 4. Add all the required information and click Save Payment Method when you are done 5. Success! You are finished adding a Billing Profile Multiple Billing Profiles and Primary Payment Method If you have multiple Billing Profiles on your account, make sure that the card you are using to make the purchase is set as the 'Primary Payment Method'. By default, we will always default to your Battle.net Balance before using your Primary Payment Method. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Look for the card you wish to use and click on ‘Make this my primary payment method’ You can also add, remove or edit payment methods on this Wallet page. Credit Card Payment Assistance/Invalid Credit Card Errors If you are encountering credit card errors and have already added a Billing Profile, please verify that all the information is entered as it appears on the card. This includes: Card holder’s Full Name Full Card Number Expiration Date Billing Address Verification Code Additional troubleshooting steps can be found in our Common Credit Card Payment Issues page. **Note** For security purposes, please DO NOT post any of the above information on the forums. Should you continue to experience any payment related issues and you have already talked to your financial institution, please contact our billing and account services team directly. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing?Glaxigrav0 Sep 11, 2014
5h Cannot change resolution in windowed mode Since the latest patch, I have been experiencing extremely low FPS when in windowed mode. After some investigation, I found that it's due to the fact the game resolution is set to default native resolution when in windowed mode, which is too high for my graphic card (I have a late 2016 Macbook Pro). When in windowed mode, the resolution combobox is black out and there is no way to set the game resolution. The game plays fine when in fullscreen mode with resolution setting to 1650x1080. I also play D3 and it's fine there, when I set the mode to be windowed or windowed(fullscreen), the resolution combobox still give me plenty of choices. Hope to hear you soon, thank you!JerryMa3 5h
5h Zul'jin patch totally broke my display config Hi, Since the last big patch introducing Zul'Jin, I noticed a HUGE shut down of fps. Tried to figure out the reason, and it comes from the Full Screen Windowed mode. I'm on a MacBook Pro Retina (mid 2012) Intel Core i7 8Gb RAM 256Gb HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 Mb 1440*900 Before the patch, I always was using the full screen windowed mode. Easy to switch between app (like Google Chrome, or iMessage etc..), could increase a little bit the gamma (too dark for me at normal value) And since the patch, it's like if HoTS turned into Retina display, I'm pretty sure the screen resolution is now in 2880*900 which is TOTALLY too much for my computer (I play all the time in low and now it's totally broken even in low cause of the retina display which increase drastically the graphisms). I can't change it, I can't change anything even not the gamma anymore. I just want the full screen windowed mode in 1440*900 like before. I don't like the Full screen mode (not windowed), the CMD+Tab is so much slower, and many others stuffs.. no way I don't like it, really. Please just tell me it's a bug, and it will be patched very soon. I've tried to change the variables.txt and edit the windowwidth and windowheight, didn't change anything. Please help me ThxGenki6 5h
19h 10.11 key becomes unresponsive/stuck Hi I am currently running hots on 10.11 beta (15a215h). I use 'W' 'A' 'S' 'D' to control my camera movement, and '1' '2' '3' 'e' for abilities. After the osx update, I am experience the following problems: 1. Keys stop working then suddenly working again. The duration is random. 2. Camera would keep moving even after I released my camera movement hotkeys. I have to use the 'center on current selection' key to stop the stuck camera movement. I have no idea what triggers them, and they are not mutually exclusive. Let me know what additional information you guys need, I will try my best to provide them.Kyo1 19h
20h macOS Mouse confinement not working Hello, With today's patch I'm noticing I have issues with mouse confinement to the game screen. I play on a mac with 2 monitors, the game is in FULLSCREEN mode and mouse confinement is set to ON. When in game now my mouse will leave my main screen (the one with the game running) and onto the other monitor. In the past when this has happened I've been able to ⌘+tab out and then back in again and the mouse confinement works. I am unable to validate if this behaviour is the same on a windows computer and running in FS Windowed mode is unplayable these days for some reason. Please let me know if there's any other information you require.Korr73 20h
1d Confine cursor doesn't work After the zul'jin patch today, confine mouse cursor doesn't work. (it worked fine before the maintenance) I've tried turning the game on and off, I've restored back to default then changed the settings and I've switched back and forth between the fullscreen mode and window mode and it still doesn't work. i'm a mac userMoonsayshi36 1d
1d Performance issue got worse on PTR As what I've said here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20752519493#post-2 Windowed Fullscreen still insist it's resolution is retina. And "Open in Low Resolution" checkbox seems does not work at all. Now I can only play in Windowed mode, or it will drop to less than 20 fps and can do nothing. OpenGL 4.1 API option does not make any effect. I hate Fullscreen mode because Heroes client always not responding for several seconds on exiting. And I just like to Cmd+Tab switch out the game during my death time. Please bring resolution option back to Windowed Fullscreen mode, or detect the Low resolution mode option properly. I am sorry that my English is not very good and I have some grammatical mistakesTinko0 1d
2d WONT LET ME LOGIN PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I go to open hots and it brings me to login screen asking for account name/ password but only gives me option to create new userSkrappycakes0 2d
2d WONT LET ME LOGIN PLEASE HELP!!!!! I go to open the game it brings me to login screen asking for battle.net account name / password but only gives me the option for new userSkrappycakes0 2d
3d Screen slides out of view When I tab out of the game (I run fullscreen mode) and then tab back in I see the screen slide down, and then back up. If I stay tabbed out for a bit too long (while dead) when I tab back in the screen never goes back up into place and I have to exit the game to resolve. I can't find any other solution. Attached is a link to a screenshot of what this looks like. Note the huge black area at the top, and the inability to see the bottom of the screen. http://imgur.com/a/dFrqUKrowe4 3d
3d terrible lag spikes and latency issues? i'm currently experiencing crazy lag spikes and high latency whenever i try playing HoTS. i've tried playing other games and my connection is fine, it's just on HoTS. does anyone know what the problem could be?chase119 3d
4d Mac Hot Corners Mac Hot Corners is currently active during fullscreen gameplay. This was not happening but ever since the Zul'jin update has been an issue. Game is unplayable with my Mac Hot Corners active during gameplay. Please fix this in patch or let me know how I can fix it. I'm not going to turn off Hot Corners just to play the game. Although this has not been an issue until recently so I'm sure you will resolve. Note that I did check to make sure my game mode was in full screen. The issue persisted with all game modes, I tried them all. Thank you.CJSlater3 4d
5d New 2016 Macbook Pro - Immediate Game Crash Just did a fresh install on a brand new 2016 15" Macbook Pro. There is a visual "choke" (i.e. pixelation showing the desktop/bn launcher) and then the game crashes. No message, no feedback, just dead. Happens on every launch. I've tried deleting and a reinstall with the same result. Here's the system info: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Graphics Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB Tried running Hearthstone and some other games via Steam and they worked properly. Probably just need to wait for a patch or something?Temptestad0 5d
5d "accept incoming network connections?" dialog I've started seeing this macOS Firewall allow/deny dialog every time I start the Heroes game client (from the Battle.net app): ... I temporarily uploaded a screenshot of the dialog: https://postimg.org/image/bpy13ndzv/ The dialog appears every time the game client starts, even after previously selecting "Allow" and even after verifying that Heroes.app is set in the Security & Privacy preferences to "Allow incoming connections". Unfortunately, two events occurred almost simultaneously before I started seeing this problem. So, I am not sure what was the preceding cause: 1. Updated the game client to the Sept. 20, 2016 hotfix patch. 2. Updated OS to macOS 10.12 Sierra, from El Capitan I verified that even if the dialog is ignored (or is simply unseen because the game is in fullscreen mode), games appear to play properly with no adverse effects.BenJamesBen8 5d
Jan 11 FPS drops since the last patch From the last week I have huge fps drops, with spikes. especially in game fights. My settings are all low, my mac is not new, macbook pro 13" mid-2010. 8GB of RAM, SSD. usually my fps outside fights is 40-50 fps, which is fine. during gamefight drops to 20, and is jerkily. Before the last patch if the fps dropped to 20 it wasn't a big problem, now it is. Is anyone else experiencing this?Moloch4 Jan 11
Jan 10 Huge FPS drop after Zul'jin patch The game runs considerably slower after the Zul'jin patch, both in the menu and during a match. Rebooting my machine solves the problem the first time the game is launched. All subsequent launches of the game runs more slowly. Perhaps something is not being cleared when the game exits? I look forward to a fix. iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 Mac OS X 10.11.0 (El Capitan) 2.93 GHz Intel core i7 8GM 1333 MHz DD3 memory ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB If any additional information is needed let me know.Sycamore1 Jan 10
Jan 10 Periodically not recognizing keyboard input. I frequently stay logged into HotS and alt+tab (command+tab) and mouse to a corner to turn off the display on my macbook when I afk. I'm not sure if it's always happening when I do that when it happens, but I've noticed that my keyboard commands of any sort do not work within the game. I cannot tab out, type in any type bar, nada.Pentay0 Jan 10
Jan 10 Game freezes on exit and alt-tab after Zul'jin patch Hi, The title says all: the game freezes on exit and alt-tab after Zul'jin patch. The screen turns black and reacts to nothing - no repeated alt-tab or even alt-cmd-q. Only way to get my computer back is to hold the power button for 5 sec. and restart. Does anyone else experience this? Any advice? Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2,7 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 16 GB Boot ROM Version: MBP133.0226.B08 SMC Version (system): 2.38f6 Hardware UUID: EC4B210F-C011-5B86-92E4-2B63B2729566Zaagman1 Jan 10
Jan 9 Command-Tab minimize the window then crashes Whenever I hit command-tab to go to my desktop or the battlenet app from the Heroes fullscreen app, the window minimizes a bit then crashes saying An unexpected fatal error occurred. A yellow ! then asks me to help you find the problem. What can I do to fix this? ThanksWowBlueSky0 Jan 9
Jan 9 Game does not launch I have posted here before, but have not yet heard anything back, so I am trying my luck again. I have been unable to open HOTS (on mac) for a few days now. Every time I click play I receive the following error message: Core: access permission error 9B9853F0-B17D-4ECA-B862-483A6C94A976 I have tried scanning and fixing the game, closing startup apps, uninstalling and installing both the game and battlenet -- nothing seems to work. Any kind of help would be very much appreciated!Walessia0 Jan 9
Jan 8 Unable to open HOTS. Error - Core: access permission error I have been unable to open HOTS for about 3 days now (I am playing on mac). Every time I click play I receive the following error message: Core: access permission error 9B9853F0-B17D-4ECA-B862-483A6C94A976 I have tried scanning and fixing the game, closing startup apps, uninstalling and installing both the game and battlenet -- nothing seems to work. Did anyone else have this problem and managed to find a way to fix it?Walessia0 Jan 8
Jan 7 Mouse Confine not working Since the last patch the mouse confine options do not work on the right hand side of screen. The Mouse moves off the game & on to second monitor. I have try'd both "Smart" & "On" options but to no avail.MikeHock3 Jan 7
Jan 7 Zul'Jin Patch - Retina FullScreen iMac Half-Game Sometimes Top, Sometimes Bottom. Fullscreen game goes to 5120x2880, Alt-Tab to Desktop, Alt-Tab back. Half-Game. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1lIDUPXEAEYDf6.jpg:large Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac17,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 4 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 16 GB Boot ROM Version: IM171.0105.B11 SMC Version (system): 2.34f2 System Version: macOS 10.12.2 (16C67)TickleMeOzmo0 Jan 7
Jan 7 Cannot select hero if game launched from desktop In summary, sometimes if you are on desktop and have ranked play searching it does not launch the game automatically once a match is found (Sometimes) and if you by luck checks in, it takes a huge time for it to load what is going on and beside that you are not able to select anything when it is your turn. The problem with loading is an old one and I'm not sure if it is a Windows issue too. But no, it is not my mac problem and it happens to all macs for the late loading screen "IF you are on desktop, the match draft is started, you don't know, you click and check in the game and you notice a match is found and you were not informed, then everything takes ages to load, no hero portrait, no highlight around heroes to know whose turn it is, you don't see the bans, nothing. See the conditions before you say not to me." If you are lucky and launch the game manually and it's the beginning of drafting, you have time for the system to show you what is going on. Anyway, I just got a penalty because the whole 30 seconds I could not click on anything but I could see chat and write there. It cancelled the match and kicked me out. The way I write it, I am a tech support myself and I smell from miles away if it is a universal problem from the app itself or the system used to run it. Yes, there are ways to go for every company like provide this file and that file and then tier 1 2 3 .... but your problem. I provide nothing, you may ignore it and I don't care. Just explained it. Find it in your system. By the way, I remember it took you ages to fix the mount issue reset to default horse when someone caused the game disconnected on draft and not sure if it is even fixed, so why bother. The problem is there and I saw some other topics about it from 6 months ago (Windows, the guy mentioned alt + tab). Good luck slow, large scale , casual/random lover company.Eleldor0 Jan 7
Jan 6 Update Stuck at 0 B/s This happened with the patch a few days ago and it's happening again today. My computer starts downloading the new update and then if I close the app and then come back it says that it is downloading at 0 B/s and it stays like that. When it says this my internet stops working. I tried looking around the forums but no one else seems to have this problem. I tried restarting my computer and restarting the app and neither of those fixed the problem. The only thing that worked last time was completely reinstalling HotS. Can somebody help me out? Thanksmakesdrones2 Jan 6
Jan 6 WONT OPEN JUST TODAY STARTED SAYING VERSION MISMATCH BUT THERE IS NO UPDATE HAPPENING FOR THE CLIENT OR HOTSStaunchy0 Jan 6
Jan 6 Black Screen when launching after Zul'jin Patch Normally when I launch the game, the screen goes black for a few seconds before the game boots up. After I downloaded the patch today, I tried booting the game and found that my screen remained black and the game would not start. I tried restarting my game, restarting battle.net, logging out and in again, scanning and repairing the game, and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I can't seem to find anything else that I should do to solve my problem. Could someone help me solve this issue ASAP, I currently have a stimpack that I would not like to waste. Thanks!Xehanort4 Jan 6
Jan 6 Constant "Attempting to Connect" Issues While In Game Come on Blizzard - this is flat out ridiculous. I posted a week or so ago and no one from Blizzard responded. Kind of tired of my game lagging, dropping me for no reason, having to exit out of HOTS then log back in and try and save a game from losing, and now the latest. I just got kicked from a draft and lost 500 rank points. Nothing I did, was sitting in draft trying to pick my hero and that's it. I wasn't dodging. Can someone respond and help me out? It's hard enough to progress in HL without issues like this. I have multiple devices connected to my wifi and none of them have issues. In fact, HOTS goes right back to being fine after each one of these issues. What's going on? What recommendations do you have? Can someone acknowledge this has been read and you are working on it?KSquared13 Jan 6
Jan 6 Cursor speed malfunction Since installing Battle.net's last update (Patch 22.5 on January 4, 2017), my cursor speed moves dramatically slower after opening Heroes of the Storm. Although set at 70% in the HoTS options menu, it does not move that fast. Also, when I close the game, my cursor speed on my Mac's OS is also reset. Although the OS's tracking speed (in my Mac's settings) is set at maximum, it also does not move that fast. The quick-fix for this is to move the Cursor Speed bar (in Mac's system preferences) all the way to the left (slowest speed), then back to the right (fastest speed). The problem repeats itself every time I open Heroes of the Storm. I've been playing all Blizzard games on this Mac, using it's trackpad only, for several years. Please don't tell me the answer is to buy a mouse. The update is the problem; NOT my trackpad. See Blizzard Support Ticket #58308724 for more information.HotChiliDog0 Jan 6
Jan 6 Update issues with HotS [Solved] When I launch Battle.net it does not show that Heroes of the Storm requires updating, but instead displays Play. I get the Version Mismatch error when I start HotS. The Play button is not changed to Update. Running Check for Updates takes a long time (> 5 minutes), but eventually changes the button to Update. The activity indicator for Check for Updates still displays even after determining that updates are required. After clicking Update I get the message "Waiting on another installation or update", which doesn't change to the downloading progress message. Clicking "Start this update now" has no affect. The Waiting on another installation or update problem is also happening with Diablo III.Leitfer11 Jan 6
Jan 5 Performance OSX vs Windows Bootcamp? (any difference?) Anyone else have a Mac Powerbook with bootcamp Windows, who has tried the game on both operating systems? Any thoughts on which it will play better on? WoW plays better for me in OSX where it is a native app running on the OS my Mac was built for, but then I have Guild Wars 2 which runs horribly in OSX where it is a PC app wrapped in what I think is called the "wine" emulator. So should I install this on the OSX side of my laptop or the Windows 10 side? Does it matter for performance or graphics or anything?Kichwas0 Jan 5
Jan 5 Hot corners active while playing HOTS Hello. I am longtime user of hot corners in MacOS and before Zul'jin patch hot corners DIDN'T work while I played HOTS. But after patch something has been changed in this regard (I believe something in fullscreen mode) and now all hot corners can be triggered while playing. This is REALLY annoying, I mean it ruins game now for me, until hot corners are disabled. Please fix this. I would like it being reverted even. Because cmd-tab from HOTS now also works differently. Overall I experience worse game performance than before patch. This also concerns me. MacOS Sierra 10.12.2, MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)SlowFingers7 Jan 5
Jan 5 Fuzzy Text and Overlay Elements, Oversized Cursor OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 iMac (27 inch, Late 2009) 3.06 Ghz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB Fullscreen (1280x720) Medium Graphics settings Zul'jin patch: • 2D Text, healthbars, UI elements fuzzy. • Arrow is oversized, becomes obvious when using targeting abilities • Player portrait/info elements on loading screen seem smaller • When resetting graphics to default, settings are set to low instead of medium (this was not the case in previous patches, lower settings does not improve performance or solve problem) • Game runs well if not better framerate wise, 3D models are finentrlcauzes0 Jan 5
Jan 5 Casting combo issues I'm witnessing a weird behaviour from time to time (it can occurs once in a game or a lot in one particular game) When I try to cast a combo like kerri combo (stun + grab) or chromie combo, one of the two abilities may not be casted at all (for kerri it's always the stun that is not cast, for chromie it's always the AOE). I've reproduced this bug in beginner AI paying carefully attention to everything that could interfere like mana issues or distance of cast, i'm 100% confident that it sometimes does not take the key into account. Now, i'm on mac, I have a steelseries usb mecanical keyboard and steelseries usb mouse (both plugged directly to the macbook, no usb hub) and the display is an external screen hdmi plugged (the laptop screen is closed). I'm pretty sure this happened when using the mac keyboard (it's a laptop. macbook pro nvidia graphical card retina display). I'm also pretty confident on my mecanical skills to land those combo. Can anyone reproduce that?claf1 Jan 5
Jan 5 Confine Cursor Broken Since Zul'Jin patch today the confine cursor option doesn't work any more. Makes the game virtually unplayable.MsgrDestruct0 Jan 5
Jan 5 Scanning Game Files Repeatedly I'm running HOTS on a mac. When I launch Battle.net, it starts scanning game files for HOTS, saying that there is something wrong with HOTS. If I wait 30 mins for the scan to complete, it just starts scanning again. I have tried restarting my mac after the scan completes, but nothing works. Why? What can I do to fix this?Mixolydian14 Jan 5
Jan 4 HoTS Is giving me mouse acceleration even when uninstalled. I downloaded HoTS on my mac yesterday for the Oni Genji skin. I played my 15 matches all in one go, however I was really mad at the mouse acceleration, and the fact that i couldn't seem to turn it off no matter what I tried. I am super used to having no mouse acceleration, and it drives me crazy when I have it on. I miss every button, anywhere online or in a game. Now I normally play CS:GO, so having mouse acceleration makes me insanely mad. I uninstalled HoTS to see if all changes to my mac would be gone, but nothing changed at all. The mouse acc was still there. I have tried everything on the forums and on this reddit, however then are all discontinued threads from near to a year ago. Is there any way that I can fix this, without having to wipe my whole mac? That is out of the option because it's a school computer and I have too much valuable stuff to look for and put on a USB. All help would be much appreciated. ThanksKiram1 Jan 4
Jan 3 Mouse Cursor gets distorted in game hi I'm playing on a MacBook Pro (late 2011) with OS Sierra 10.12.1 I have the problem that in more than 50% of my games at a certain point my mouse cursor gets distorted. It looks not always the same, but sometimes there are only a few black lines visible, so that it is extremely hard to see the mouse cursor at all. Do you have any suggestion how I could fix this?nydu1 Jan 3
Jan 2 Cannot start Hots OSX 10.8 In Battle.net when trying to launch Hots I get a "Something went wrong trying to launch the program." error. When trying to launch it from the game from the applications folder the hots icon appears in the dock but then disappears .Tried the troubleshooting page but nothing helped. Mac OSX 10.8.5. Edit: 10.8.5 isnt supported. Didn't read requirements.Spoljar0 Jan 2
Jan 1 Downloaded the game but cannot access I Downloaded the game but I cannot get in. This code keeps popping up "BLZBNTAGT00000843" but I don't understand what is wrong because I have mac sierra, which many others have, and it works for themShawnLane322 Jan 1
Dec 29 Mac Book Pro | Graphic and FPS Hello everyone, who can possibly help me? My Mac Book Pro Specs: MacBook Pro 15 -inch 2.2 GHz Intel " Core i7 " 8 GB of RAM AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024MB HD Graphics 3000 (Driver for the graphic card are up to date - they came with the latest Apple update) According to standard settings everything should be playable on " high " , but not high & medium work ( shaders ) - The game runs only at the lowest Shader requirements . If I choose Shaders:Low - then various settings could be put on high (about 60 FPS) . The texture resolution is also set to HIGH . Smooth game play at Shaders: Middle is about 10 Minutes possible (30FPS) then the Framerate drops to 7-15 and the game is unplayable. Has any other Mac users the same problem or has a solution for the graphics and FPS problem? Or is this generation of Mac Book Pro to weak for HotS? CheersBlAcKHoRnEtt3 Dec 29
Dec 29 Fullscreen mode error while minimized Hello, When I'm usually waiting for Hero League I minimize HotS to do other things, most of the time when a team is found the client maximizes itself and I can start the draft without problems, I have been doing this for some time without problems. Lately it doesn't get to front until is my turn to pick or ban, this wouldn't be a problem if I could pick then! The text "Waiting for players" overlaps the "XXX is choosing" I can't pick any hero nor see picks or bans before me. I can use the chat and I have told to my team about it. This has happened now a couple times and I'm getting penalizations for leaving the draft, it's a bit annoying to be checking the queu constantly, so I'll be glad if it can be solved :) Thanks for everythingNE11 Dec 29