Mac Support

Jan 24 macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 Now Available Apple released an update for macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.3). Patch notes for High Sierra 10.13.3 are found on Apple's website. This macOS update from Apple includes updates to improve the security, stability, and compatibility. 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.13.3 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support SiteEloemaz0 Jan 24
Sep 11, 2014 Welcome to Heroes of the Storm Mac Support! Welcome to the Mac Technical Support forum for Heroes of the Storm. This forum exists to provide Heroes of the Storm customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-8pm Pacific) and will do their best to assist you with your issue. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues at http://battle.net/support/ and if unable to locate a solution, please go ahead and create a new post regarding your issue using the guidelines below. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the General Discussion forum. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the Forum Code of Conduct and forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Glaxigrav0 Sep 11, 2014
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth4 Jul 1
Sep 11, 2014 Payment & Purchase Troubleshooting If you are experiencing difficulties upgrading your account, or completing a character service, please follow these tips: Payment Option/Billing Profile A Billing Profile is required to make purchases within Heroes of the Storm. In the event that your purchase fails, double-check your Payment Options for accuracy as expired cards do not automatically remove themselves. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Click on Add a Payment Method 4. Add all the required information and click Save Payment Method when you are done 5. Success! You are finished adding a Billing Profile Multiple Billing Profiles and Primary Payment Method If you have multiple Billing Profiles on your account, make sure that the card you are using to make the purchase is set as the 'Primary Payment Method'. By default, we will always default to your Battle.net Balance before using your Primary Payment Method. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Look for the card you wish to use and click on ‘Make this my primary payment method’ You can also add, remove or edit payment methods on this Wallet page. Credit Card Payment Assistance/Invalid Credit Card Errors If you are encountering credit card errors and have already added a Billing Profile, please verify that all the information is entered as it appears on the card. This includes: Card holder’s Full Name Full Card Number Expiration Date Billing Address Verification Code Additional troubleshooting steps can be found in our Common Credit Card Payment Issues page. **Note** For security purposes, please DO NOT post any of the above information on the forums. Should you continue to experience any payment related issues and you have already talked to your financial institution, please contact our billing and account services team directly. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing?Glaxigrav0 Sep 11, 2014
Dec 17 Function (Fn) keys no longer working This issue started recently (Sept 2017). I'm using MacbookPro 2013. While in game pressing the F keys used to carry out their default mac function (volume adjustment/brightness ect). Now, in game, pressing these keys has no effect. There is no option in the hotkey menu to enable/disable this particular override. I'd like to be able to press the F keys while playing the game and adjust volume/brightness like I did previously. How can I fix this?Jellyphant42 Dec 17
Apr 29 Guide: Limiting FPS to help your Mac stay cool & quiet WARNING: By following these instructions you agree that I am not responsible for any harm caused to you, your computer(s) and its software as a result of following these instructions. The following instructions will have you navigate to hidden folders in your OS X installation that contain configuration files which could negatively affect the proper working condition of your computer if you delete or edit the wrong files. Tread carefully. Read the entire contents of this post before attempting to execute the following instructions. You are strongly encouraged to read any comments following this posts for any amendments, helpful tips and pitfalls before attempting to execute the following instructions. Motivation: At the time of this writing, frame rate limiting options were not yet implemented in Heroes of the Storm so I decided to write this guide in an attempt to help the community. This guide will show you how to help your Mac stay cool and quiet while playing Blizzard’s Heroes of the Storm. This guide will have instructions for OS X Lion (10.7.x) and above. These instructions may apply to older versions of OS X but I don’t have a machine handy to test them out. What we will be accomplishing (Summary and not actual instructions): We will be limiting the frames being drawn per second by the game. We will be navigating to the following hidden folder Macintosh HD/Users/[actual_osx_username]/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/ Heroes of the Storm/ where [acutal_osx_username] is your OS X username. We will add the following two properties to the contents of the Variables.txt file located in that folder: frameratecap=X frameratecapGlue=Y Instructions: Make sure Heroes of the Storm is not running. If it is running please close it. Open Finder. Click on “Go” in the menu that is docked at the top of your screen. Hold the “alt option” key on your keyboard and the “Library” will appear in the list. Select “Library” in the list that appeared in step 4 all while continuing to hold the “alt option” key on your keyboard. Open the “Application Support” folder by double clicking on it. Open the “Blizzard” folder by double clicking on it. Open the “Heroes of the Storm” folder by double clicking on it. You will now see a text file named “Variables.txt” located in the “Heroes of the Storm” folder you just opened. Open this “Variables.txt” file by double clicking on it and a text editor will open displaying the file contents. Scroll down to the bottom of the file and add the following two properties to the bottom of the file: frameratecap=30 This first property will limit the frame rate to 30 frames per second while in game. You can set it to any whole number you wish. I recommend 30. frameratecapGlue=30 This second property will limit the frame rate to 30 frames per second while in menus. You can set it to any whole number you wish. I recommend a value between 25 and 30. Leave an extra empty line at the end of the file after adding the two previous properties. Save your changes to the file by selecting "File" in the menu docked at the top of your screen and then selecting "Save". You can also use the keyboard shortcut “Command + S”. You may now close your text editor. You may now close your Finder window. Launch Heroes of the Storm and enjoy! Notes: Do not make edits to the Variables.txt file while Heroes of the Storm is running because all your changes will be lost the next time the game is exited. The difficulty in these instructions lies in navigating to the Library folder which was hidden from users starting with OS X Lion (10.7.x). Some of you may notice that these properties also work in Starcraft 2. ~ AnimalKAnimalK42 Apr 29
13h Tye-dye graphic glitch Tried loading up after this latest patch (version 2.30.0.61952) and I now have a bizarre graphical glitch that makes the game unplayable. I'm not really sure how to describe it, so here's a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/bgGnmkb.png I've tried the following, in order, to no noticeable change: restart Heroes of the Storm run Scan and Repair (claims it found nothing) reset the In-Game Options through the Battle.net app restart my computer delete everything HotS and download a clean install My computer information: Mac Pro (Early 2009) Version 10.11.6 (El Capitan) Processor: 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Memory: 12 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB I've been able to play HotS just fine up to Sunday (didn't have time to check yesterday), so my best guess is some issue with the latest patch. As a side note, Hearthstone is working just fine, and I haven't noted issues with anything else, so it seems to be HotS related.Shenanigan72 13h
17h Heroes data folder is over 110GB on Mac I tried to play Heroes of the Storm today and received an alert saying that my HD is full. This is weird because I don't have too much going on on my Mac partition. After trying to figure out what was taking up so much space, it turned out that my Heroes of the Storm data folder is over 110GB. Why is this the case when only 10GB of storage is required to play the game? How do i fix this?RealBatman30 17h
1d Game conflicting with hot corners Hi guys, I have found a bug in Mac High Sierra that the game enter in conflict with hot corners. I use mac hot corners to show the launchpad (bottom left) and to show the desktop (bottom right). After the first patch released for High Sierra I found the problem that if I put the mouse on bottom left my keys get unresponsive unless I click left button mouse or put the mouse again on bottom left. Moreover, if I move my mouse to bottom right the desktop is shown. This problem wasn't there in Sierra, but appeared in High Sierra. I have to enable/disable hot corners prior playing the game and it is very annoying. Any idea how to fix this?Hellraiser0 1d
2d FPS reduced to half in High Sierra update :( I run a Mac pro 2013 with dual D500 and before upgrading ot high sierra as suggested here, I had 120 fps steady running metal (beta) render. After patch it is stuttering close to unplayable never going beyond 60 and frequently going to what feels sub 10 even if reporting higher. On a sidenote I get mouse stuttering that can't move beyond a box in menus after first few games...Edel68 2d
2d Glitch during Hero League Draft I could not select a character after I alt tab out of game and got back. Happened twice this season. I could not see any of the heroes that were banned or selected. When I realize it was my turn, I could not select a hero. Also, the "waiting for players" text was still in the middle of the screen. Please fix this. Lost way too many points. macOS High Sierra iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Solid State Samsung 850 Pro 256GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2 GBQQimSOtoxic0 2d
2d Blackscreen blinking during match&loading Hello, I am aware of a bug that causes the game to blink in black screens every here and there (Sometimes every few seconds, sometimes just few times of the whole match. The loading screen is like a black blinking epileptic causer though.). These blinks are followed by fps drops and makes the game quite influent. Please look up on this issue, I am playing HotS for years, spent a lot on your merchandise etc. and I don't want to leave your world "only" because of unstable gameplay.Daranyx0 2d
2d This game is broken. This game is horribly laggy now, even with all the settings on low and no sound. It's ridiculous, what are you guys doing about this? ...absolutely nothing. I will take my hard earned cash and spend it elsewhere and play a proper MOBA that at least runs correctly. Get you act together Activision!spankewe0 2d
3d HotS crashing upon launch A4B8C922-C30E-4DE9-840D-C69587BE5BB1 When launching the game it immediately crashes. Then Battle.net seems to attempt to download a patch which completes immediately. I launch again and it's wash, rinse, repeat with the whole cycle. Periodically my Mac will ask me for permission to allow HotS to make changes to my computer. Any ideas?AttractMode0 3d
4d Stuck at authentication When I attempt launching Heroes of the Storm, it launches normally, beginning with the loading screen. But when it proceeds to the "Authentication: Connecting" screen, it never finishes authenticating. I have tried clearing my Battle.net cache, deleting the agent.db, agent folder, and then the battle.net folder, reinstalling heroes of the storm, changing my Battle.net password, and restarting my computer. I play on the Americas server, and have not attempted playing on other servers before or after having this problem. I attempted installing Heroes 2.0 Beta, and found that I had the same problem there. I am on a 15-inch, mid 2015 MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra. Up until yesterday, I could play heroes fine on this computer. I have not previously experienced this problem on this computer. I am on a university network, so it should be noted that if the problem turns out to be network related, there is nothing I can do to fix it. I have, however, not had problems with any other online games, including Blizzard's Hearthstone. If there's any more information I can provide to help you help me, please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help, Blizzard support!Newt14413 4d
4d Mouse acting odd/lagging when hotkeys are activated Hi Blizzard! I noticed a new bug today, and it seems to be related to the new patch. I am unsure if this is mac related, but I didn't see this crop up in the other bug forum. When playing my first game as Blaze after the patch, I noticed the mouse not responding to well, especially when in battle. About halfway through the game I noticed it was acting funny when I held the space bar down activating the camera follow. From there I tested other hot keys and it seems to be only acting odd when ever hotkeys are pressed and while using the mouse. This obviously causes a ton of missed skill shots, etc. I tested this with built in laptop touchpad as well, just to be sure it wasn't related to my mouse, still had the same issues. I tested this with other characters, same problem. Is anyone else having this issue?FoolManChoo5 4d
4d HELP KEEP CRASHING WHILE TRYING TO LOAD BACK INTO GAME Randomly crashed and now everytime I try and load it back up it will crash again...I have never had it crash before.tryptik6 4d
5d MAC Resolution Problems?! is there any reason why aim not able to play hots in full graphic mode? I have near to 10 FPS if i set all graphic settings on maximum, but normally my machine should be able for this Resolution is 2048x1152 IMAC´27 2013 3,2 I5 16GB RAM 1600 DDR GFORCE GT 755M 1GBGrumparsch0 5d
6d Crash everytime i rejoin I was playing Alex and it crashed. Now when I try to rejoin, it just rejoins and then crashes again. I noticed after the 6th time (the game should've been over by now) that it is playing the same exact pings and sounds each rejoin, as if it is stuck in the same spot and thinks the game is still going even though it has to be over. Ugh I hope this doesn't think I'm stuck in rejoin for the rest of the evening.... already gonna get hit with freaking leaver debuff and no credit for the match. REPORT ID E260E77C-1AC0-41AB-BD6A-2B9EBF01EC39 there were like 8 more reports I think I submitted too.Godric1 6d
Feb 9 MacOS High Sierra unplayable! Ok Blizzard we are still waiting impatiently on a problem fix because i tried everything regarding turning the Vsync on and off, i tried the whole editing the text file for 30 FPS, and it's already on Open2GL. I tried everything yet i can't seem to play a single game after my first game on HOTS. Everything just keeps dropping in game, attempting to reconnect, FPS dropping, everything is all laggy and unplayable. Please fix this ASAP because i no longer feel the urge to even play this game anymore after the MacOs HS.TDiabloT2 Feb 9
Feb 9 Something wrong with screen when login (patch 30.0) After this patch (30.0), when I open HoTS, that's what appears on my screen: https://imgur.com/2PZOxPPbyD1 Feb 9
Feb 9 Mac Hot Corners Mac Hot Corners is currently active during fullscreen gameplay. This was not happening but ever since the Zul'jin update has been an issue. Game is unplayable with my Mac Hot Corners active during gameplay. Please fix this in patch or let me know how I can fix it. I'm not going to turn off Hot Corners just to play the game. Although this has not been an issue until recently so I'm sure you will resolve. Note that I did check to make sure my game mode was in full screen. The issue persisted with all game modes, I tried them all. Thank you.CJSlater33 Feb 9
Feb 7 visual glitch I got Mecha Tassadar(yellow) in a loot box last night, and have been experiencing graphical glitches while playing with the skin. I don't have a good way to describe it besides yellow streaks and triangles flickering on the screen. I can still play for now, but it is annoying and bothersome to the eyes. I mentioned it in a match and our Johanna said they had graphical glitches with Mecha Tass too, only on their mac though and not their windows/Microsoft computer. My computer is an Apple laptop, so it seems there is some correlation.GrandArbiter0 Feb 7
Feb 6 Keep getting intermittent lag So I had a post here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20758706533 But I think it got closed or something because nobody will look at it :( Basically I've done everything in the stickies (reset network devices, flush cash/release renew dhcp etc.) and then some, and am still getting ping spikes whereas before Garrosh patch I never had any issues. I've also done the stuff in the "how to keep your mac running clean and quiet" sticky (forcing framerate to 30).Wobby4 Feb 6
Feb 4 Unplayable mouse cursor Problem: Mouse cursor jumps, has inconsistent sensitivity, and gets stuck. Problem is resolved when in windowed mode but performance suffers too much. Problem is NOT resolved with VSYNC. Problem is NOT resolved by changing "Confine Mouse Cursor". System: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) OS: macOS Sierra 10.12.4 Mouse: Logitech G600 with Logitech Gaming SoftwarePajiko31 Feb 4
Feb 4 Mouse stopping at seemingly random intervals Started experiencing this since late December and it's been getting worse since I feel (either that or I'm just noticing it more now) what are the ways to reduce this even, i've read a lot of "maybes" not knowing if it actually helps or if it's a case by case basis or what ;-;Scorched0 Feb 4
Feb 4 Key input not responsive Hi guys, I have a macbook pro with high sierra 10.13.3. I have a very frustrating problem that happens in every match at least 5 times per match. For some reason my keys are not responsive at all for a period of 5 seconds making the game impossible to play. This literally makes battle to lose since I can't use any key. I read in different posts about disable NVidia experience and disable Observer and Replay replay check box. I have no nvidia experience and also tried disabling the check box but issue still persists. Any idea how to solve this problem?Hellraiser0 Feb 4
Feb 3 Mac huge fps spikes during fights but not in try mode I have an iMac with a 640m and 8gb of memory. I get huge fps spikes during fights. I tried try mode and I don't get these spikes at all. I have a direct ethernet connection no wifi. Please help.SgtBarnes2 Feb 3
Feb 2 MiniMap not Clickable in Anyway Howdy Blizz- I wanted to note a new problem included in the new Ana patch. The MiniMap not Clickable at all anymore (Right Click or Left Click). It makes for a rather unenjoyable way to play the game :( I've tried restarting and making sure the "click through minimap" is toggle off. Help!FoolManChoo111 Feb 2
Jan 31 PTR: Target Info Panel does not show portraits Don't know if this is supposed to be on the PTR Forum or here, but the Target Info Panel does not display unit portraits. Additionally, the background color of the Panel is opaque purple instead of translucent black. I am basing what is "supposed" to be seen on what I see in streams.Unlucky0 Jan 31
Jan 29 Lost XP in Ranked Lost almost 800 points to my next division in HL, doesnt seem like a big deal but climbing out of a toxic silver has been alot of hard work. Should be gearing up for a promotion game instead it resets and gives me 200 xp for winning like i just won a placement for my previous rank. I mean draft is cared for enough if you dodge you have to play with other dodgers to show you a lesson so I would imagine it is taken serious. (the most serious Blizzard will get with HOTS)Humphrey070 Jan 29
Jan 29 Is it playable on High Sierra yet? Is HotS fixed for High Sierra? I had to downgrade to Sierra (10.12.6 (16G1036)) in order to be able to play the game. Any word when wer can move onto High Sierra?caba17 Jan 29
Jan 29 Frequent Disconnections and Lag in Menus For the last 6+ months I have been suffering frequent issues while trying to play HOTS. While navigating my collection, opening a loot box, and picking/banning in Ranked the game will freeze up and I get the 'spinny-wheel' cursor. This can last from 5 seconds to 30 or more. When I actually get into a match I disconnect frequently, making the game impossible to play. I am not exaggerating when I say that I disconnect and reconnect 30 or more times each match, with each disconnection lasting from 10 seconds to sometimes 2 minutes or more. I have already taken the following steps: - I've reset my router frequently - I've updated my operating system to Sierra - I'm using a wired connection, not wireless - I'm not using any significant background applications - I've run a Speed Test while playing and it shows my download speed as 35 mb/s and upload as 10 mb/s, approximately - I've run Etrecheck and nothing relevant aside from HOTS is giving me red flags - I've run Activity Monitor while playing. When the disconnections occur HOTS seems to stop using my CPU time or memory. My system specs are as follows: iMac, late 2013, 3.5 GHZ Intel Core i7, 8 GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB graphics card. I have plenty of space left on my hard drive and I'm running HOTS on medium settings. All things considered I shouldn't be encountering these problems. I left HOTS for a few months because of them and I came back last week only to find they haven't been fixed. If anything they're worse than they were before. I would appreciate any help that Blizzard could provide me so that I can get back to playing the game properly.GwynHawk1 Jan 29
Jan 28 Workaround for High Sierra low FPS slowness [Edit: I have found that the standalone Nvidia driver makes my system crash in Chrome and forcibly log out sometimes. Small price to pay I guess.... :\ ] I found a solution for this for my 2012 MacBook Pro that I suspect will work for any Mac with an Nvidia graphics card. 1) Search for and install the Nvidia CUDA driver. 2) Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac, and click on the version number (e.g. 10.13.3) to get it to show a build number (e.g. 17D47). 3) Search for [macvidcards drivers] and download the latest Nvidia driver that corresponds to your build number. The links are to the nvidia site, so they should be safe. Note that if you try to find a Nvidia driver for your old video card on their site directly, you won't find it. But the latest driver actually works for older video cards. Once installed, you'll find new System Preference panels for CUDA and NVIDIA Driver Manager. Double-check them to make sure they're up to date and working. You might need to restart again if you do any updates.ToastyKen0 Jan 28
Jan 26 Macbook lag while playing hots I have a mid 2015 macbook pro 15" retina with a 2.5 HGz i7 processor, 16 gb ram. I bought brand new router, modem and upgraded my internet package. I put my HOTS on the lowest sound and graphics quality even though it recommends high and STILL my game is unplayably laggy. My is probably 20 feet from the router and when i do the speedtest my ping is like 11. Then when i'm playing in shoots up in the hundreds. I don't know what else to do, any input is appreciated.Bonecontrol8 Jan 26
Jan 26 How to play without Metal API? UPD: ... Dear fellows, I have iMac 5k late 2015 with Radeon M395 on it ... and I'm using setting between Low and Medium on FullHD resolution ... and I have average 25-30 fps in game (15fps - during teamfights). Before I've thought that not the worst (for sure) iMac with more or less powerful graphic card should provide good game experience on Low->Medium settings, but today I see that i was wrong. I was OK with lagging Metal API like non-clickable hero portrait or minimap: just using hotkeys for talents selection and increased window scroll; but tell me - how to play with 25-30fps? How can I affect on it now - without any graphic API selection? P.S.: this is VERY sad day for me as for the huge HOTS fan. :(Saaf22 Jan 26
Jan 24 Alt-tab crash the game occasionally it crashes the game if i alt-tab, and cmd-alt-ESC doesn't work and i had to restart my laptop. it's extremely frustrating because sometimes i alt-tab during waiting for a game and it crashes the moment it switches me back into the draft, then the client thinks i left the game manually and i get leaver status. i don't normally play QM but i've got 3 leaver status in one night it forces me to do 6 QM in total. please someone tell me how to fix this.Raida3 Jan 24
Jan 23 Disconnecting during draft I've dc'd from draft several times over the past few days. Before my pick (either on ban or someone else's pick — possibly entirely on second ban phase), the counter goes to 0 and nothing happens. For other people, I "dodge" the game, but for me, I'm stuck in this glitched lobby and forced to exit the game or logout. I'm also getting games where it doesn't load the map and I have to restart/reconnect. My internet is fine. I'm on 10.12.6. I'm guessing this is a mac glitch as per usual. I don't see any posts about it, so maybe it's an issue with something on my end. Perhaps a reinstall might help. Anyone experience this?Threezus3 Jan 23
Jan 22 Quick Cast and Mouse Scroll Problems Hey guys! Since some time ago i've had some problems with my quick cast for example if I play has Rexxar and I call Misha to a spot with my "D" ability she only goes to my previously clicked spot and not where my cursor is currently pointing (this was the normal behaviour before), also when trying to mouse scroll the map by just putting the mouse on the border the screen you need to click it and it just stops scrolling when clicked again. I tried messing with the hotkeys and the reinstalling the game but nothing changed. It might be something with my MacBook Pro?.Chimera1 Jan 22
Jan 22 Quick Cast & Mouse Scroll Problems Hey guys! Since some time ago i've had some problems with my quick cast for example if I play has Rexxar and I call Misha to a spot with my "D" ability she only goes to my previously clicked spot and not where my cursor is currently pointing (this was the normal behaviour before), also when trying to mouse scroll the map by just putting the mouse on the border the screen you need to click it and it just stops scrolling when clicked again. I tried messing with the hotkeys and the reinstalling the game but nothing changed it might be something with my MacBook Pro?.Chimera0 Jan 22
Jan 22 impossible to run the game nor finish the download. I tried to reinstall the app, run scan and repair, restart the laptop, but none of them helps. I even cannot finish downloading the game. It always shows that: "whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot. " Who can help me? Thanks!!!Mayflower0 Jan 22
Jan 21 Please fix this lagging mouse problem I know you know about this issue Blizzard but we have heard nothing about your "progress" on it. It is making the game literally unplayable. You keep persuading everyone to update their OS to the latest version and you still haven't fixed this problem for mac users. I never had this issue using 10.9.5 but obviously you've forced me to update with the new patch and now I still can't play your game. Is there any updates about this at all? It's so bloody frustrating. I just want to play normally without straining my wrist because the mouse isn't responding fast enough. I impact negatively on the game as well. I feel so bad because I can't react in time. My teammates might as well have a bot on their team it impacts my game that much. Please, this issue should be a matter of urgency to fix because it's a massive impact on gameplay and not something that we can just ignore while playing.DragoStark2 Jan 21
Jan 21 lagging game after macOS High Sierra update after the update macOS High Sierra began to slow down the game, with the Internet all right, read the forums turned out that neither I have the same problem, before that everything flew and there were no problems, what could be the solution to the problem, go back to the previous version, or you can solve converting the file system from APFS to HFS + as written on the forums? iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1 GBArmik1 Jan 21
Jan 20 Frames dropping after update? I usually got around 60 fps on my machine with the lowest possible video settings. A day after the new update, I started to get around only 20 fps in the lobby menus and 10 fps during in-game team fights. So I uninstalled the Blizzard app and Heroes of the Storm completely and did a clean reinstall of both. The problem seemed to be fixed initially (I was getting around 62 frames in menus and in-game) until it reemerged 7 minutes into the match (dropping down to about 22). Here's my specs: Macbook Pro mid-2010 OS Sierra 10.12.3 Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 8 GB Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GT 330MPenguiniey0 Jan 20
Jan 19 Penalized for Client Crashes & Freezes? Ranked matchmaking is crashing on me in lobby occasionally, and everytime it does, I am getting de-ranked/leaver status. This is pretty frustrating as I am literally fighting against myself. The first time it happened, I chaulked it up to a one-off, but I am literally turning to a forum (as this is the only medium available) to solve my issue. Ye, this is a non-internet/connectivity issue, no overheating, no open tabs/processes, no excessive alt-tabbing... how hard do I have to defend my frustration with being peanalized for in-game crashes & freezes? I can handle the frustration of trying to play a game on a Mac while I lend out my PC (it's enough already) but being de-ranked before a game starts due to a crashing client does not encourage any loyalty.Aquaman0 Jan 19
Jan 18 Frame rate spike/stutter - Mac - Ranked unplayable Ever since I downloaded the Lucio patch, the game will stutter/freeze once every 20-30 seconds for about 1 sec. This is enough to ruin combo abilities or run or whatever. I can't play ranked like this. Please investigate and fix. Diablo 3 is fine to play. I'm using a Mac: MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) MacOS Sierra (10.12.3) Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory: 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MBDrkStalkers20 Jan 18
Jan 17 Unexpected fatal error My computer is not opening HotS after the patch. I get an error that says "An unexpected fatal error occurred." Then it will prompt me to re-do the patch, and after putting in my Admin credentials it "downloads" again and I get the error again when I launch the game. Have tried resetting, force uninstalling Battle.net and HotS and still not working. Help! Error code: 1CCA50BE-21AA-4C70-8B0E-022D1F8F688AHilgasmic18 Jan 17
Jan 16 Constant Crashing in HoTs since update. Hi, same here. Since the Blizzard update I am crashing constantly as well. Can play ok for about 5-10 minutes and then it just locks up on me. Have been playing over the last few days with the same issue. Have updated to High Sierra 10.3.2 as well, still same. My specs are below, should have no issues with handling performance on an iMac Pro. I basically cannot play with other people because of the contstant crashing. I have performed the below from Apple. Reset SMC - https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201295 Reset NVRAM - https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204063 iMac Pro (2017) 32GB RAM 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GBBaenie1 Jan 16
Jan 15 Game client crash on Mac Since the latest patch (25.1), HOTS crashes every time i try to launch the game from the Blizzard app. Do anyone have the same problem? ThanksLasseGerald18 Jan 15
Jan 11 HOTS crash on start up HOTS crash on start up. This is happening since the last update. B3766999-9F2D-4F66-9CC6-49639A7E0B8F Mac OS Version: 10.12.6 (16G1114) I've tried to clear the Agent folder as well and it doesn't work.albertjh0 Jan 11