Mac Support

Jul 24 macOS 10.12.6 Available Hey all, This OS update from Apple includes updates to improve the security, stability, and compatibility. List of what this update includes can be found here. This update can be applied through the App Store: 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.12.6 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site, or by performing a Combo Update.Eloemaz0 Jul 24
Sep 11, 2014 Welcome to Heroes of the Storm Mac Support! Welcome to the Mac Technical Support forum for Heroes of the Storm. This forum exists to provide Heroes of the Storm customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-8pm Pacific) and will do their best to assist you with your issue. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues at http://battle.net/support/ and if unable to locate a solution, please go ahead and create a new post regarding your issue using the guidelines below. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the General Discussion forum. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the Forum Code of Conduct and forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Glaxigrav0 Sep 11, 2014
10h Function (Fn) keys no longer working This issue started recently (Sept 2017). I'm using MacbookPro 2013. While in game pressing the F keys used to carry out their default mac function (volume adjustment/brightness ect). Now, in game, pressing these keys has no effect. There is no option in the hotkey menu to enable/disable this particular override. I'd like to be able to press the F keys while playing the game and adjust volume/brightness like I did previously. How can I fix this?Jellyphant20 10h
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth4 Jul 1
Apr 29 Guide: Limiting FPS to help your Mac stay cool & quiet WARNING: By following these instructions you agree that I am not responsible for any harm caused to you, your computer(s) and its software as a result of following these instructions. The following instructions will have you navigate to hidden folders in your OS X installation that contain configuration files which could negatively affect the proper working condition of your computer if you delete or edit the wrong files. Tread carefully. Read the entire contents of this post before attempting to execute the following instructions. You are strongly encouraged to read any comments following this posts for any amendments, helpful tips and pitfalls before attempting to execute the following instructions. Motivation: At the time of this writing, frame rate limiting options were not yet implemented in Heroes of the Storm so I decided to write this guide in an attempt to help the community. This guide will show you how to help your Mac stay cool and quiet while playing Blizzard’s Heroes of the Storm. This guide will have instructions for OS X Lion (10.7.x) and above. These instructions may apply to older versions of OS X but I don’t have a machine handy to test them out. What we will be accomplishing (Summary and not actual instructions): We will be limiting the frames being drawn per second by the game. We will be navigating to the following hidden folder Macintosh HD/Users/[actual_osx_username]/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/ Heroes of the Storm/ where [acutal_osx_username] is your OS X username. We will add the following two properties to the contents of the Variables.txt file located in that folder: frameratecap=X frameratecapGlue=Y Instructions: Make sure Heroes of the Storm is not running. If it is running please close it. Open Finder. Click on “Go” in the menu that is docked at the top of your screen. Hold the “alt option” key on your keyboard and the “Library” will appear in the list. Select “Library” in the list that appeared in step 4 all while continuing to hold the “alt option” key on your keyboard. Open the “Application Support” folder by double clicking on it. Open the “Blizzard” folder by double clicking on it. Open the “Heroes of the Storm” folder by double clicking on it. You will now see a text file named “Variables.txt” located in the “Heroes of the Storm” folder you just opened. Open this “Variables.txt” file by double clicking on it and a text editor will open displaying the file contents. Scroll down to the bottom of the file and add the following two properties to the bottom of the file: frameratecap=30 This first property will limit the frame rate to 30 frames per second while in game. You can set it to any whole number you wish. I recommend 30. frameratecapGlue=30 This second property will limit the frame rate to 30 frames per second while in menus. You can set it to any whole number you wish. I recommend a value between 25 and 30. Leave an extra empty line at the end of the file after adding the two previous properties. Save your changes to the file by selecting "File" in the menu docked at the top of your screen and then selecting "Save". You can also use the keyboard shortcut “Command + S”. You may now close your text editor. You may now close your Finder window. Launch Heroes of the Storm and enjoy! Notes: Do not make edits to the Variables.txt file while Heroes of the Storm is running because all your changes will be lost the next time the game is exited. The difficulty in these instructions lies in navigating to the Library folder which was hidden from users starting with OS X Lion (10.7.x). Some of you may notice that these properties also work in Starcraft 2. ~ AnimalKAnimalK42 Apr 29
Jan 26, 2015 [Solved] Issues What is this [Solved] tag? We have created a way to mark a thread as [Solved]. If you’ve found a solution to your issue, or fixed your issue, you can mark your post, and the entire thread, as [Solved]. How do I mark my Post and Thread as [Solved}? Hover your mouse over the post that solved your issue, and click on the “Mark As Solution” button (it will appear along with the “Reply” and Quote buttons). The post will be tagged with a green “Marked As Solution” banner, and [Solved] will be added to the Title of your thread. Who can mark a thread as [Solved]? Only the creator of the thread (the “OP”, or Original Poster), or a Blizzard Forum Representative can mark a thread as [Solved]. I see a [Solved] thread. Where’s the solution? The first post will have a link, “Click here to see the solution”. That will take you to the post with a green banner, “Marked As Solution”. What if I mark another post as a solution? That one will be “Marked as Solution”, and the previous post will be unmarked. A Note about [Solved] Issues Please keep in mind that when a thread and post are declared [Solved], this may only apply to the OP’s particular issue and circumstances, and fits his unique combination of software and hardware. One fix or solution can help many other players, but it probably won’t help all players. If the fix or solution doesn’t help you, it is just one more factor to eliminate in the troubleshooting process, and we’ll try our best to help you narrow it down, to find the solution that applies to your computer, and your circumstances. Thanks to all of you who post your fixes!Glaxigrav0 Jan 26, 2015
Oct 17, 2014 OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Stuttering Mouse Cursor Hail and well met, and happy new OS day! We're currently aware of an issue with the Confine Mouse Cursor option for all of our games which will result in a stuttering or jittery mouse on OS X 10.10 Yosemite. We are working closely with Apple to resolve the issue, and hope to have a solution soon. In the meantime, setting your Confine Mouse Cursor option to Off will resolve the issue. We understand that this will result in issues with some games where scrolling is necessary (Heroes/Starcraft II). Should you wish to leave Confine Mouse Cursor on, you may find that enabling VSync reduces (but will not eliminate) the amount of stuttering that you encounter. Thank you for your patience while we work on this issue! We'll provide updates as soon as they become available.Glaxigrav0 Oct 17, 2014
Sep 11, 2014 Payment & Purchase Troubleshooting If you are experiencing difficulties upgrading your account, or completing a character service, please follow these tips: Payment Option/Billing Profile A Billing Profile is required to make purchases within Heroes of the Storm. In the event that your purchase fails, double-check your Payment Options for accuracy as expired cards do not automatically remove themselves. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Click on Add a Payment Method 4. Add all the required information and click Save Payment Method when you are done 5. Success! You are finished adding a Billing Profile Multiple Billing Profiles and Primary Payment Method If you have multiple Billing Profiles on your account, make sure that the card you are using to make the purchase is set as the 'Primary Payment Method'. By default, we will always default to your Battle.net Balance before using your Primary Payment Method. 1. Log on to Account Management 2. Click on Settings and select My Payment Options 3. Look for the card you wish to use and click on ‘Make this my primary payment method’ You can also add, remove or edit payment methods on this Wallet page. Credit Card Payment Assistance/Invalid Credit Card Errors If you are encountering credit card errors and have already added a Billing Profile, please verify that all the information is entered as it appears on the card. This includes: Card holder’s Full Name Full Card Number Expiration Date Billing Address Verification Code Additional troubleshooting steps can be found in our Common Credit Card Payment Issues page. **Note** For security purposes, please DO NOT post any of the above information on the forums. Should you continue to experience any payment related issues and you have already talked to your financial institution, please contact our billing and account services team directly. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing?Glaxigrav0 Sep 11, 2014
13h Patch 27.5 Issues with video card I have 2 video cards in my machine. One is there with nothing plugged in. (A GT120) My video card is a GTX 980. For some reason today the card inside of HotS is showing as a 120 and reset everything down to low from resolution to all sliders. I was able to put them back on ultra/extreme manually but it's still identifying as a 120. Is there a way to force the game to re identify the card and get the correct one? It did so prior.Pendulous4 13h
16h buttons/mouse/portrait not working Just had this happen after a reconnect, no ability buttons, or mouse click, no portrait, but chat works fine. https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8su10mw7sj6gme/Screenshot%202017-09-20%2019.20.51.png?dl=0eieiUHOHHHHH0 16h
17h Can't Use Volume, Playback Control, or Brightness Buttons In Game I haven't changed any setting but recently noticed that I can't adjust the sound from my keyboard volume control while I have the game open. I have to alt tab any time I want to increase or decrease the volume on my computer. This applies to both in game and non game sound. I used to be able to listen to Spotify and switch songs, adjust volume, and brightness in game but no longer can. Please help.pbandjealous1 17h
1d Error installing on iMac I get this error BLZBNTAGT00000BCA I've checked my filevault is off, firewall is off, and i cant install it (i've uninstalled it already), scanning and repairing doesnt work eitherCrazydude083 1d
1d Severe FPS drop semi-frequently w/ Metal API Using the Metal API regardless of video settings there seems to be a severe drop and stagger in FPS during moments with lots of activity making that moment near impossible to play in. (lasts for ~5 seconds) Happens when team fights occur, namely the the inital level 1 team fight. I believe it might be tied to asset loading or something similar as it will occur at the start of the team fight but as the fight progresses it gets better. Has anyone experienced this or managed to find the specific video/sound setting that helps alleviate this problem? *This doesn't occur in the Open GL APIs, however I can't get decent FPS even with the lowest settings with the Open GLs.Sgrillz13 1d
4d Please fix Mac function keys. After the Kelthuzad patch it seems like I can't adjust the volume/set brightness when im in Heroes. This is kinda frustrating since my habit is adjusting the volume frequently and instead the function keys behave like in-game functions. I didn't tick the "Disable OS keyboard shortcut" in the setting. Things won't change even if I tick it. Please fix this, this is very annoying.Daniel2 4d
4d Heroes quit unexpectedly error every boot This has been happening since I installed HOTS about 3 months ago on my work Macbook. I get this error every time I boot HOTS. After clicking Play, I can see an icon in the dock try and create (extra space next to the Blizzard App opens then closes right away), then this error pops up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling HOTS. No issues with other Blizzard games. I saw previous posts in here with fixes for people running 10.11.5 beta, but I'm on OSX 10.11.6, not betax6o4Striker2 4d
5d click to move I recentely had to reinstall HOTS, and now i can't move with mouse click. To move i have to hold Command key , how can i move with Just the mouse click?PRX0 5d
6d Dropping FPS on MacOS Hi, I am playing on MAC OS. And since last patch. I have drop fps. In normal situation I have fps 180+ on low graphics, now it's 30-40 and 1-3 in combat, it's unplayable. how can I fix it? My GPU is Radeon MX370. Also Interesting thing. When I turn of the game (alt+cmd) and then turn it on again, my fps became 180+ and very quickly drops to 30-40. Same situation on the start of the game.Bariz9 6d
Sep 14 Missing icon in Applications and switching windows Hi, in the package Contents a heroes_icon.icns exists but is not used in the Finder or when switching windows. It only shows the default icon with paintbrushes in the shape of an A. I tried rebuilding the icon cache with a method I've forgotten now but it didn't solve the problem. Currently on Sierra 10.12.6.argwings1 Sep 14
Sep 14 Keep getting intermittent lag So I had a post here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20758706533 But I think it got closed or something because nobody will look at it :( Basically I've done everything in the stickies (reset network devices, flush cash/release renew dhcp etc.) and then some, and am still getting ping spikes whereas before Garrosh patch I never had any issues. I've also done the stuff in the "how to keep your mac running clean and quiet" sticky (forcing framerate to 30).Wobby2 Sep 14
Sep 13 1-2 second lag on game commands Ever since today's patch I've been getting weird 1-2 second delay when I send a command in-game to when it's executed. (Abilites and movements.) I tried everything in the lag and latency sticky and after flushing the dns/renewing the dhcp lease it worked better in an ai test game for a minute, then went back to normal. I've been playing on this macbook pro for the past 6 months with no issues before today's patch. Already restarted router/computer etc. Tried repairing game install... This doesn't feel like normal internet lag.Wobby13 Sep 13
Sep 13 Function Keys not working after Kel Thuzad update It has been working fine but the Kel Thuzad Patch somehow touched or broke something with the client so I am no longer able to change my brightness or sound settings. This is very annoying because I usually play on high brightness but when switching to other apps I lower it. The same with the sound, sometimes I want it louder and it's a pain in the !@# having to leave Heroes to change it.asoksevil3 Sep 13
Sep 13 Mac 4K-5K Mouse size too small. I play this game on a few different macs and I have an issue with my home mac pro that I have 4K screen connected to. If I play the game at 4K the cursor is too small, event when I scale it up all the way in the settings. On a 5K imac, this issue is even worse. On those machines my personal performance is hampered during chaotic team-fights when I cannot find the mouse quickly. Would love more scaling control on the cursor! Thank you!EiriasEmrys1 Sep 13
Sep 12 Consistent crashes on iMac Retina 5K 27-inch Late 2015 I have an iMac, a Retina 5K 27-inch Late 2015 model that consistently crashes. Not sure what the reason is for, but it seems to happen most frequently on Ranked play. When I play Quick Matches it happens considerably less but still happens, not sure how thats possible but its true. I think I have a decent setup and I ran the scan and repair and there doesn't seem to be an issue, and I run no other apps while trying to play. I did get the System Report according to the Obtaining System Files page, but I don't see a way to attach that here...spcorbust1 Sep 12
Sep 11 OSX 10.11 El Capitan Gamma Setting Reverting to Default Since installing El Capitan (OS X 10.11) I've noticed that while the game is running (both in menus and in matches) the gamma setting will suddenly reset to default. I run at a slightly higher gamma setting to counter the glossy display on my Mid 2011 21.5-inch iMac, so my experience results in the screen suddenly going darker. Once I enter the Graphics Options menu, the gamma once again returns to my chosen setting (even before clicking the Accept Changes button). Although this is not extremely detrimental to play, it is of course annoying to have to open up the Graphics Options every time it happens so I can properly see the shadows. I use a dual monitor setup - the other monitor is a standard LG LED display, not an Apple Thunderbolt display, and is connected through the Thunderbolt port using an HDMI-to-Thunderbolt adapter. It should be noted that I still use the iMac display for displaying Heroes of the Storm. I have also tested the game on my Late 2013 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina (also running El Capitan) and so far have not experienced any of the same issues.Aviath4 Sep 11
Sep 11 Disconnection at the end of every game I have been disconnected at the end of all my HL games today. It will show the defeat or victory then DC me and refuse to reconnect. Eventually it says "Game has Ended" and lets me exit to the desktop.... I don't seem to lose ranked points, but I also do not seem to be gaining xp. Is anyone else having this issue?Verin53 Sep 11
Sep 11 Disconnecting At End of Matches So I run HOTS on my Macbook Pro, mid 2014, on the lowest settings. I even have the sound disabled. But aside from the frequent lag and disconnects that I experience EVERY SINGLE MATCH, even bot games, (which is a topic in and of itself) there also seems to be a bug that disconnects me right at the end of the match. The game puts it down as an abandon or something and so I get put in low-priority queue. This is the fourth time this has happened to me, and I have only been playing HOTS for just over a month. This is absolutely ridiculous, and it seems to only affect Mac. Can someone help?Madder1 Sep 11
Sep 10 sound volume lowered any reason why? undocumented and independently verified.cycledance0 Sep 10
Sep 10 [Bug] Braxis’ Zerg Rush causes the game to close Hello, I have an issue and need help to resolve it. Starting the Malthael’s patch to Stukov’s patch, stopped at Garrosh’s patch but came back on Kel'thuzad’s patch, every time, or almost everytime, I play on Braxis my game closes abruptly. And I do get a Blizz error log. This only happens given the following conditions: Zergs spawn on a lane that has no left structures (no towers, no Fort and no Keep) Zergs, more specifically form Ultralisks onwards, reach Keep area and there’s no Keep Have been played 3 or more games in a single session. What I mean here is, if you have played 3 or more games without having closed the game, bug will happen. But if it instead, after 3 games you close the game and reopen it, you can get around bug.I don’t know what triggers it, I’ve cleaned the caché, scanned and fix the game, kept my controllers up to date, and reinstalled the game, but still happens. MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics, 288 MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, 512 MBThanks for reading.VillaChampYT0 Sep 10
Sep 9 Volume keys no longer work in game. I have to cmd tab to change volume from keyboard.Pentay7 Sep 9
Sep 8 Rebinding Option Key? Is there a way to rebind the option key to another? Currently to self cast I would have to click option+(q,w,e, r). I'd love to chance that to c + (q,w,e,r). Is there any way that the game can, in the general sense, override the option key to another of one's choosing?Jellyphant0 Sep 8
Sep 8 Scanning Game Files Repeatedly I'm running HOTS on a mac. When I launch Battle.net, it starts scanning game files for HOTS, saying that there is something wrong with HOTS. If I wait 30 mins for the scan to complete, it just starts scanning again. I have tried restarting my mac after the scan completes, but nothing works. Why? What can I do to fix this?Mixolydian19 Sep 8
Sep 7 mac os 10.13 Blizzard me demande de mettre mon mac à jour du système d'exploitation 10.13. Je ne comprend pas pourquoi d'autant que d'après ce que j'ai vu machos 10.13 est une sorte de version bêta et que mon mac a actuellement le système d'exploitation 10.10.5 (blizzard me dit que ce système arrive en fin de vie par ailleurs). Mon mac date de 2012. En attendant je ne peux plus jouer à cause d'énormes lags. Avez vous le même problème et/ou une solution ?Typhon0 Sep 7
Sep 7 F-Keys forced since KTZ patch This is very annoying. Please revert or give an option. As you can see this creates all sorts of issues and is a quality of life downgrade for many users.cycledance1 Sep 7
Sep 7 (Mac Bug) Keyboard Shortcuts suddenly disabled With the newest Kel'Thuzad Patch, the Keyboard shortcuts for my Mac became disabled, even though I have that setting turned off (I checked multiple times). Restarting did not fix the problem. I'm using a standard MacBook Pro.Cuddlewood1 Sep 7
Sep 5 Disconnect at the End of the Game and Leaver Status The past few weeks I've run into numerous disconnect issues at the end of the game and I'm getting lots of Leaver Status flags when I play with friends. I log into today and see I now have to play 3 QM or Brawls to clear it. I'm running the High Sierra beta and perhaps that is a part of it. Has there been any updates on this issue, I see that they made it so people don't lose rewards. But having to clear a leaver flag every few games is getting in the way of playing the game.ThePandrake1 Sep 5
Sep 3 Response from Blizz RE: boot on MVP screen? Seriously, the silence is deafening. Since day 1 of the new patch, I and countless others have been getting DC'd after full participation in a match and being forced to exit to desktop after reconnecting <30 seconds later. As far as I understand, people are not getting marked as leavers when this happens, but what does happen is you gain absolutely no experience from the match and it does not count towards quests. It's unbelievably frustrating, especially when something like what happened to me yesterday occurs. Played a long match where my team did very well and won, got DC'd on victory screen. Probably lost out on 200k+ exp. Reconnect, next match is a ROFLstomp and I get MAYBE 100k exp. It feels like I'm being punished for absolutely no reason. This is getting out of hand. No acknowledgment, no "We're working on it," and CERTAINLY no attempt to make some kind of amends to all of the people losing experience right now. It only happens to me about twice a day, but I know it happens for others more frequently and it's pretty unacceptable IMO. The most amazing part of this is they pushed a hotfix just a day ago and it DID NOT fix this issue. What were they even doing?Mephisto7 Sep 3
Sep 11 ranked I have been trying to play ranked solo and it said that I do not meet the requirements and I have played 3 games before so I do have the 14 heroes on level 5 if you guys can fix these before the end of the season will be wonderful thanks ClaularryClaularry2 Sep 11
Sep 5 Metal weirdnesses First off, thank you, thank, thank you for getting Metal working so well. It has dramatically improved my frame rate, all but eliminating my First Fight Lag problem. (It's worth noting that I needed to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra for Metal to be available in the menu; Mid 2015 MBP, Intel Iris Pro.) However, there are a couple things I have noticed don't work quite right in Metal: 1) When clicking on the in-game Hero Portrait to open the Talent Selection menu, not every spot on the Portrait is a valid click target. Some parts of the Portrait will never toggle the menu, while some parts will. As a result, it can take several attempts to open the menu, which can be a problem mid-combat. Using Control doesn't appear to be affected (or Command if that setting is enabled). 2) On Warhead Junction, when the enemy has taken control of the vision ward in the center-top of the map, the red concentric dashed lines that denote the extent of the vision granted are instead rendered as blue. I have tested this on OpenGL 2.1 and it's fine there. Only seems to affect Metal. I have not tested it on other maps with vision wards.Unlucky2 Sep 5
Aug 30 Max Resolution of 1920 x 1080 on my 2560 x 1440 display As the title says, my settings only go to 1920x1080, even though I have a 2560 x 1440 monitor. This happened in Diablo, would the same fix used in this thread work? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13436603629Vauc9 Aug 30
Aug 29 Reconnected and leaver game problems. Reconnected and leaver game problems. Hi HoTs Team, this is an international Chinese student from Canada CNOldLiang#1502, a truly fan of HoTs, experienced a punch of problems these days. I keep logging out when I completely finish the whole game without any lagging problems or logging out, then I got a leaver game title with the red icon under my portrait at the score screen recently. I played almost 10 times of leaver games daily and it's even not my problem. I believe I had almost 50 leaver games since this happened. Please solve the problems and fix this! I have been playing this game since I came to Canada almost a year and half, which help me found lots of true Friends played together with me, now they are helping me with the leaver games everyday which makes me feel so bad, and the game experience is really low. Please solve this problem and let me know! Thank you !CNOldLiang0 Aug 29
Aug 27 Rewind in replays takes minutes Rewind (B) used to take few seconds but since DVa's update it takes ten times longer. In the old past rewind could get slowed down if game was running for a long time but this time it happens even with fresh launch. From what I've heard it happens in Windows too. OSX 10.12.5 Intel Core i5 Radeon HD 6750MEames0 Aug 27
Aug 26 Cant see my mouse cursor after new patch on mac 2013 After the provisions patch I'm unable to see my mouse or have it input Amy commands during the game. I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this. I am playing on a MacBook pro 2012AbusiveLarry5 Aug 26
Aug 25 DISCONNECTION AT THE END OF EVERY GAME I dunno whats going on nor the its not fixed yet has anyone else still having this problem going? The fact it crashes at the end of the game we losing exp and gold.Azndanny3 Aug 25
Aug 25 I WANT TO NOT DC AT THE END OF THE GAME! i find the game unplayable right now, and maybe im stupid cause i keep playing it, i do play like 100 games at week, and now idk what to do, i cant even get out of leavers game cause i need to not dc in 4 games and guess what! i cant cause i get that bug every 2-3 games, i dropped from gold 4 to silver 3 tanks to this bug no matter how hard i win i get the loss cause dc, no gold and no exp, you guys should have a log or something so we get back at least some part of the time we have wasted thanks to this awful bugArge1 Aug 25
Aug 25 still getting dc and leaver after EVERY 2 games the game is just unplayable right now i have been on leavers game all week, i have never ragequit in my entire life, now i cant even get out of the leavers game cause i cant make the 4 without dcing is just unplayable, specially for someone like me who plays about 100 games at week and get NO PROGRESS on his account but losing a lot of MMR on ranked, no exp and no gold.Arge1 Aug 25
Aug 23 Macbook lag while playing hots I have a mid 2015 macbook pro 15" retina with a 2.5 HGz i7 processor, 16 gb ram. I bought brand new router, modem and upgraded my internet package. I put my HOTS on the lowest sound and graphics quality even though it recommends high and STILL my game is unplayably laggy. My is probably 20 feet from the router and when i do the speedtest my ping is like 11. Then when i'm playing in shoots up in the hundreds. I don't know what else to do, any input is appreciated.Bonecontrol7 Aug 23
Aug 23 new MacBook Pro unable to load the game I have a late 2016 13" MacBook Pro. My game loading screen would always stuck at the loading bar when choosing Metal API. And this issue seems to be only affecting the new MacBook Pro. My 2011 iMac runs fine with Metal. Both machines have the same versions of MacOS.Springbro3 Aug 23
Sep 14 BUG: Gamma often not set in full screen The gamma settings often don't hold. Sometimes they apply, sometimes they don't. They're usually not applied if I switch between windowed and full screen mode. Going to Options, they show the proper setting. If I go to options during the lobby, sometimes it applies just from opening the options panel, but it will always apply simply by clicking "Accept". If I toggle to windowed mode while waiting for a game load (which I always do because they take forever), then go back once everybody loads into the map, the gamma is also not set. But in this case I must actually change it by dragging the Gamma slider in settings before it applies when hitting "Accept". I believe this is related to Gamma being a disabled option while in windowed mode, and something in your graphics engine hanging on to that disabled state even after re-entering full screen, until the setting is tickled. Mac OS X 10.10.5. HotS set to use OpenGL 2.1 Render API. 2k resolution on an external Asus PB278 display driven by a 2015 15" Retina MacBook Pro with AMD Radeon R9 M370X via HDMI. This is not a recently created issue, but I haven't seen it get fixed, so figured it was time to report it. It may have started with 2.0, but might've been around slightly prior as well.JustPoet1 Sep 14
Aug 20 Can't right-click to move I just downloaded the game, but I can't move in-game by right-clicking. I've tried a usb mouse as well as the trackpad on my laptop, and both work fine for everything but moving, so I'm fairly sure it's not a hardware issue. I've also run a repair scan and tried changing settings, but nothing has worked. I'm currently using a Macbook Pro running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5, if that helps. I'm not great with computers, so I'd appreciate any help I can get with this.AJBshoeless1 Aug 20
Aug 20 Black Screen at Start Up Hi, I've been trying to play Heroes on my MacBook. I installed it and it played perfectly for a while. Then about 24 hours later when I went to play again it just starts up with a black screen and that's it. There were no patches or updates in that time that I can see. It's weird because I can hear the sound effects for the main menu but can't see anything - so the game's working but the graphics/images are not. I've seen some previous posts about similar problem but couldn't find any fixes that worked. I'm not greatly technically savvy so any help would be appreciated! Mac specs: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB Thanks!NoFoxGiven0 Aug 20