PTR Bug Report

Jan 4 Low FPS Investigation Greetings Heroes! We are aware of players reporting issues with performance degradation on Live. Our PTR build should have improvements to mitigate some cases of lowered performance, but we need your help in investigating this further. When experiencing degraded performance, please first try to run the game using the Default Video settings. If, running Default Video settings, you are still seeing severe degradation of performance (under 30 FPS, for example), please send the following to our Heroes Attachment Inbox: DxDiag.txt and MSInfo.txt Variables.txt (from your Heroes documents folder) Average/Min/Max FPS Thanks! - ZobrekZobrek6 Jan 4
Jun 23, 2015 PTR Bug Writing Guidelines Greetings Heroes, Welcome to Heroes of the Storm PTR Bug Report Forums! Bug Forum Ground Rules Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, balance, requests, complaints, suggestions belong in a different board. Our team reads every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, we will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. We will possibly ignore or delete any post that simply says "Bump" or demands a response from a Blizzard poster. When reporting a bug, please make a separate thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end. Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are already posted, or if our Tech Support forums already addresses your issue in one of the Stickied posts with commonly encountered issues. If you have a duplicate thread, it will be locked and we will point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed. Please try to post from the account that is experiencing the issue. It helps us more accurately diagnose any issues that you may be experiencing on the server side. Finally, please only discuss the bug addressed within the thread. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Don't use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback or other subjective opinions about the game. Bug Writing When posting a bug, please begin with a one or two sentence Summary that clearly describe the bug. We should be able to understand at least 75% of the issue you are reporting simply by looking at your Summary. Good summary: The tooltip for the Zagara’s Baneling Barrage skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with barrage After your Summary, include a brief description of the bug you experienced. Include as much RELEVANT information as you can. If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a much faster turnaround time reproducing the issue. Don’t assume that your audience will immediately see the bug you are reporting, even if you feel it’s obvious. Factors such as region, ISP, hardware configuration, and even playstyle can cause two different people’s experience to differ enough to cause your bug to be unnoticeable or completely avoided by another person. Types of Bugs Below are a few high-level categories of bug you may encounter in Heroes of the Storm. I also have included the specific information we would like for each bug reported of this type. Functionality/Design – You are expecting something in the game to work one way, and it’s working another way. This could include skills not functioning properly, computer AI behaving oddly, or a hero completely disappearing after using a skill. Helpful info to include: Whether you’re in menus or in game. What hero is affected, or if all heroes are. Proper name of functionality (tooltip skill name). Screenshot or video of what’s wrong. (uploaded to the file or media sharing site of your choice) Compatability – If something is wrong with how the game is behaving with your hardware or peripherals, such as graphics not displaying properly, sounds playing incorrectly or not at all, freezes or performance loss. Helpful info to include: Again, whether you’re in menus or in game. Provide your System information (DxDiag.txt or System Profiler) and Variables.txt (found in the Documents folder of our game) Connectivity – Your client's connection to our service is impacted, or you have issues dealing with login, grouping, matchmaking, chat, or any other issue related to the networking of our game. Helpful info to include: What region you are connecting to. Run a Pathping and Tracert if you suspect a network issue, and report your findings. Crashes – Crashes are the easiest for you to report. When our game crashes, you should be provided with a text entry field, which sends a report directly to our bug database. Provide details in that box if you have any, as that sometimes is the only information we have to identify hard-to-reproduce issues impacting our players. Once you submit that, you are provided a UUID code. If the crash happens occasionally, there is no need to post at all. However, if the crash is happening consistently and severely impacting your gameplay experience, please provide that UUID code in any post you make on the issue. Remember, the more specifics you provide us, the better equipped we are to research, reproduce, and report your issue! And when we successfully report your issue, chances are good you’ll see a fix! I hope that these guidelines prove useful to you! Thank you very much for reading, and enjoy Heroes of the Storm!Fizivix0 Jun 23, 2015
Jun 23, 2015 PTR Bug Attachment Guidelines Greetings Heroes, We are happy to announce that we now have an easier method for submitting requested attachments! From now on we will request that you send your attachments to the email address HeroesBugAttachments@blizzard.com instead of uploading them to file sharing sites and providing a link. This should help us address your issues more effectively and be less of a headache for you. Below are a few guidelines we would like you all to follow when submitting your files and information to us: What to include: A link to your original thread. The requested attachment (nothing else, please). (NOTE: When attaching a replay, please also include the in-game time at which the bug occurred.) A brief description of the issue. The region in which you were playing. The time/date of the occurrence. Commonly requested attachments and how to find them: Screenshots Windows users: Screenshots can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Replays Windows users: Replays can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...DXDiag & MSInfo Mac System Info Connection Info How to format a bug attachment email: First, include the name of your thread and the attachment included in the subject line. For the body of the email, start with a link to the thread, your region, then the date and time of the occurrence. After that, please include the bug description and any other pertinent info. It should look something like this: ... Thanks! - FizivixFizivix0 Jun 23, 2015
Feb 16 no credit for games with friend I have run 5 games with a friend and have only gotten credit for 2 while she has gotten credit for 5.Dawnstar0 Feb 16
Feb 15 no sound and game crashes since the update, i lost game sound and my game also crashes, i will start up the game get to the first screen then my game freezes and the stops responding, can anyone help me? I've reinstalled, scanned and repaired, checked my requirements, but i cant figure it out! Please help!?!B4byDoll0 Feb 15
Feb 14 PTR Restarted My PTR just restarted to level 1. All heroes are there including Lucio that I bought, but its all on level 1. I had to play tutorial again :) help???Pretender0 Feb 14
Feb 14 cant pick lucio i dont understand why but all i get when trying to play as lucio is your party has provided invalid selections to the matchmaker any suggestions on what the !@#$ is going on?moffatt0 Feb 14
Feb 14 You have attempted to connect to an invalid server. "You have attempted to connect to an invalid server." I get that when trying to connect to the PTR, yesterday it worked just fine, and for all i know there have not been any uptade. It's not the first time I get this bug, but usually, it's on the live server, and it's caused by an update that didn't launch, i just change server to america and right back to Europe, it launch the update, and it's resolved but... For Ptr there is only one server, and i tryied switching to live, Europe, America, Asia, back to Ptr, it doesn't launch any update. So, anyone know how to fix it? Edit: Just did a scan and repair, didn't changed anything.Londinium2 Feb 14
Feb 14 Game Version Mismatch I tried to login all day and I cannot because there is apparently a mismatch? Help please, I want to test our Lucio really bad!theSug14 Feb 14
Feb 12 Refunded Lucio Purchase?? WTH HoTS Refund???? I was refunded for my purchase of the Lucio Bundle with NO explanation! When I asked them why they said EVERY ONE who purchased it was refunded because we were charged more than he will be when he goes live and was told if I wanted to purchase him when he goes live I can WTF!?!?! How am I supposed to test him then??SoapGirl5 Feb 12
Feb 12 Lucio No voice bug in Latin Spanish Hello I want to report this bug, If you play in latin spanish when you press the 'ready' button, Lúcio plays the animation (that one that every hero has) but he says nothing, when in english he says something. Thanks.Fénix0 Feb 12
Feb 11 murky died during safety bubble Didn't find anything in the PTR bug report forum, but did find this old thread that sounds like the same problem from ages ago: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/13595189660 Perhaps this is an old bug that has come back... Basically, safety bubble is activated (animation is visible and skill goes on cooldown) but murky dies anyways. Murky had be hit by xul's bone prison but it had not yet activated the root. The death recap indicates that nova's snipe was the killing blow. At any rate, the bug is either that i was able to put bubble on cd after dying (which is a problem since it is longer than the respawn timer) or there is a delay in granting the invulnerable status.fff0 Feb 11
Feb 10 Gul'dan Hand Flames I wanted to report that everytime you kill a Gul'dan the fel flames in his hands stay at the location of his death throughout the whole match leaving multiple pairs of floating green flames everywhere lol please fixBlazindragon0 Feb 10
Feb 10 Lúcio Crossfade Bug There is a bug on Lúcio's Crossfade or im other words his W button. This bug makes it so that the little faces that spin inside his healing/speed boost raduis circle not show up on his Normal or Master skins but it shows on his Ribbit Rare skin. Please fix this asap as it kinda messed up his Spotlight as well because stuff like that shouldn't have bugs in it lolBlazindragon0 Feb 10
Feb 9 Bug with Murkys Bribe Not Getting Stacks on Kills I noticed this in the live game as well. I verified that this is also an issue with try mode as well. Murky does not always get a stack when using pufferfish on a minion wave. I thought maybe it worked like getting Q stacks on Azmo so you actually kill the minion so I tried using living the dream and leveling up so that I could 1 shot the minions and it still does not always work. Its so random. I tried just killing the archers. Or 1 minion at a time. I tried just the wizard nothing seems to give a stack 100% of the time.Shurafa2 Feb 9
Feb 9 Murky Getting 2 Stacks in Try Mode I noticed that if you take living the dream and set level to 30. You can drop a Puffer on a minion wave and run away and sometimes you get 2 stacks of bribe if you are far enough away. Does not seem to happen 100% of the time but I got it to work multiple times.Shurafa1 Feb 9
Feb 9 jogo não entra depois do novo patch o jogo não carrega tela fica preta e mais nadaivyos0 Feb 9
Feb 9 Murky's Pufferfish and abilities It says "Pufferfish now has 225 Health and takes damage from Abilities" But not all abilitys works on making demage on it Abathur Q(spike) dont give demage,just the W Its a bug or intendet?SneakySlug3 Feb 9
Feb 9 Bug with Murky Stacks Limited to 4 stacks in Try mode Murky can only have 4 stacks in Try Mode. You get 4 when you toggle Off Cooldowns and cant get anymore. Once you toggle off cooldowns you can use them to get rid of them but still only limited to a max 4 stacks.Shurafa0 Feb 9
Feb 9 Ragnaros Catching Fire doesn't complete w/ Try button Description: Ragnaros's Catching Fire talent quest doesn't complete if you use the Complete Quests button in Try Mode. Steps: 1) Enter Try Mode with Ragnaros and level him to at least 4. 2) Choose Catching Fire at level 4. 3) Hit C and note Rag's HP regen value. 4) Hit the Complete Quests button. 5) Check Rag's HP regen value again. Actual: Complete Quests will give Ragnaros 15 stacks on his Catching Fire quest icon, but his HP regen will not be any higher and the activatable quest reward will not be available. Expected: Ragnaros should have HP regen 22.5 higher than before once Complete Quests is pushed, and the activatable quest reward should be usable. Notes: This seems to be an issue with Try mode and not actual gameplay, as collecting globes physically seems to properly increase his HP regen and grant the quest reward.Mongoose0 Feb 9
Feb 9 Thing of the Deep does not update Toads range indicator Thing of the Deep increases the distance Plague of Toads will travel, but the range indicator for Plague of Toads does not change after selecting Thing of the Deep, meaning the toads travel beyond the indicator. (only tested on Mac client)Unlucky1 Feb 9
Feb 8 Lúcio Reverse Amp Damage Bug Reverse Amp doing half the damage that the tool-tip says it does to the training dummy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eNxIRD2UE4&feature=youtu.beClassyCat0 Feb 8
Feb 8 Wall riding visual glitch Lúcio's wall ride while slowed causes the visual effect to stay on the spot of initiation. This visual effect will presist until the match ends.Claymore1 Feb 8
Feb 8 23.3 patch note errors/omissions The patch notes do not mention that Murky's health regen has gone up from 25.36 to 30.43. The patches notes incorrectly state that Pufferfish's damage scales by 5.5%; the damage still scales by the default 4%, it's the Pufferfish's health that scales by 5.5%. Missing bug fix: Varian's Heroic Strike no longer does damage while he's blinded. Missing bug fix: Various talents that increase/decrease healing taken no longer also affect mana gain, e.g. Amplified Healing no longer increases mana from regen globes.Mongoose0 Feb 8
Feb 8 Damage cap on Murky Wrath of Cod too low Description: The new Wrath of Cod on Murky does 2% percentage damage. However, the damage scaling cap on the talent is too low. It's currently set to 60, which would imply a base damage cap for a total 60/.02 = 3000 HP target base. At level 20, this would be equivalent to capping for a 6573 HP target, which is well below the usual target of 8000 HP. Expected: I'm assuming here that the cap is the standard 8000 HP at level 20 as all the other caps normally are for percentage damage (except Tracer with her non-4% scaling on her heroic). Thus, at level 20 the damage cap should be 8000*.02 = 160. Dividing by 1.04^20 to get the base value is approximately 73.02, AKA the exact value of the new damage cap for Xul's Giant's Curse, which is also 2% percentage damage.Mongoose0 Feb 8
Feb 8 Lucio testing not sure if this is the best place for this post however since lucio is on test seems like good place. i was useing try mode with him to get a feel for him on PTR and nnoticed there are many things u cannot try without a FEW allies or several aponets in order to get a good feel this should be an option i can select in try mode.gaud2 Feb 8
Feb 10 Lucio's Track Colours are confusing I tried Lucio on PTR and his track colors are confusing. Whenever the HEALING track is played the circle around him is YELLOW and whenever the SPEED track is played the circle around him is GREEN. Since this is the PTR and the reason of the PTR is to give feedback on this, any chance to reverse the colors? I mean everything related to HEALING in the game is GREEN, why make his HEALING circle boundaries YELLOW? It just doesn't make sense and it's quite confusing... Also in the abilities it mentions "switch to HEALING track and the word HEALING is in YELLOW color and SPEED word in GREEN" o.OKAMELOTIAN111 Feb 10
Feb 8 PTR Alarak BUG Talent Negatively Charged LvL 16: Negatively Charged Increases damage dealt to enemies hit by the center beam of Lightning Surge by 100%, but does not generate any additional healing. At PTR the Talent Negatively Charged increases the damage against Heroes only by 50% and against Minons by 100%. At the live server Negatively Charged increases the damage against Heroes and against Minons by 100%.Zerf4 Feb 8
Feb 7 Tutorial began again I've installed PTR and surely finished Veteran Introduction 2 days ago. But it began again and had to kill Zeratul and Greymane once more. Even if it is not a bug, is it really needed on PTR server? I hope it will be abandoned like other disabled playmode.Oreta0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Zeratul Bug and Valeera Suggestion Hello there, I was training with Zeratul in try mode and noticed a bug related to Wormhole and Rewind - Wormhole's second proc seems to end earlier than intended. Here's a video I made showing the bug: https://vimeo.com/199694077 About Valeera - Her Ambush ability (Q) is not really worth using most of the time until level 13, where she gets the amazing talent "Death from Above". I suggest to make this talent baseline - this will allow her to have an early game gap-closer - giving up on CC but being able to use more opportunities to act - and will also add more flavour to her early game.Minimizer0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Lucio Bugged Movement Commands ** Read comment below**Atlas4 Feb 7
Feb 7 March of the Murlocs cannot dismount hero It still damages enemy hero.CeeRiL1 Feb 7
Feb 7 Inactive Fix: Mac Acceleration Bug Still Present Bug: the following fix does not appear to be working in the PTR: "Mac: Launching the Heroes client on a Mac will no longer automatically increase mouse acceleration." The current workaround (on live) is to enable in game mouse sensitivity and turn it to to 1-3% (while compensating with external sensitivity increases). Turning off in game mouse sensitivity however results in notable mouse acceleration, which is not present outside of the client. Hopefully the mentioned fix can see it to the live version when the patch is rolled out! :)zagreus0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Allies can't see Crossfade Aura circle I was playing in the same team as an Lucio and I didn't see the circle of his Crossfade. I don't know if this is intended, but this is a bit annoying. It will be easier to keep the team together under his Aura.Nysichu6 Feb 7
Feb 7 Hero filter options on Hero Select don't work. Trying to Filter by Role and Universe doesn't filter, and the alphabetical or XP sorting buttons don't function, as the game just sorts by alphabetical. http://i.imgur.com/G7qvnKN.jpgSpazzo2 Feb 7
Feb 7 Cursed Hollow - Tribute pre spawn blob shadow On Cursed Hollow, there is a blob shadow visible in the location of the tribute spawn during the announcement timer, if you use low graphic settings to see blob shadows. The blob shadow is created by a dummy unit involved (as the tribute itself has the blob shadow removed already). Unticking that unit actor's unit flag "show blob shadow" should be enough.Ahli0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Lucio's Healing... Yellow? He has a yellow and a green aura around him, depending on whether he's using Speed Boost or Healing... Except, the healing is from the yellow aura. WAT. This is so confusing, because green = HP. Even sustain talents like Lunara's Siphoning Toxin were changed to green for more clarity. This has got to be either an oversight or a bug, right? I don't play OW so maybe that's how it is there, so they made it the same here. But it conflicts with every other visual indicator of healing, so I don't think it's right.Shraar5 Feb 7
Feb 7 Big bug for the new system update. Hey, I know PTR just have the system update. But why all my heros have been change to the other new heros? I have been play Ming Li for 33 games, But I can't use it any more in this morning. by the way, I used have 12 heros because I am 12 levels, but now it back to 11 heros and all of those heros is new !!! Never seem them before and don't know how to use them. I miss Ming Li so much !!! What your replay. Thanks.Jasperer1 Feb 7
Feb 7 Why change all my heros? Hey, I know PTR just have the system update. But why all my heros have been change to the other new heros? I have been play Min Lee for 33 games, But I can't use it any more in this morning. by the way, I used have 12 heros because I am 12 levels, but now it back to 11 heros and all of those heros is new !!! Never seem them before and don't know how to use them. I miss Min Lee so much !!! What your replay. Thanks.Jasperer1 Feb 7
Feb 7 Patch 23.3 Lucio Wall Ride When spam clicking on walls in try mode Lucio's movement speed sometimes slows down significantly. Happens when clicks are done consecutively in close range to Lucio.Elez2 Feb 7
Feb 7 Lucio cannot issue a stop command Pressing 'S' does nothing on Lucio.dragon1 Feb 7
Feb 7 Lúcio's R2 heroic ability range The second heroic ability "Reverse Amp" says "Blast Lúcio's Crossfade track at enemy Heroes for 4 seconds, causing Healing Boost to inflict XXX damage per second and Speed Boost to slow for 45%. ..." I discovered, that if you increase the range of the Crossfade track, the range of Reverse Amp will not be increased. If this heroic ability affects on Crossfade track, shouldn't the radius of it get increased at the same time?Congo1 Feb 7
Feb 7 Crossfade Icon and effect mismatch When the icon of Crossfade displays the yellow healing effect, the green speed bonus is in effect and vice versa. Side Note: Yellow for healing and Green for Speed? C'mon!Valtrius4 Feb 7
Feb 7 Murky - Egg Shell Bug Respawning from an Egg grants Murky a Shield equal to 100% of his maximum Health. This Shield lasts indefinitely If the enemy team destroys your egg and kills you, after the full respawn timer is over, you will respawn without the shield. But this doesn't make any sense because by default, there will always be an egg up when you respawn, even in that situation.Sages3 Feb 7
Feb 7 Murky's Never-Ending Murlocs tooltip typo It lacks a period. (I just read the bug writing guidelines. Feels dirty creating a whole thread for something this small)Shraar0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Murky Slime Time quest "!" keeps appearing Even after completing the quest, sliming an already slimed hero still creates a floating "!" icon, but no ding sound to accompany it. Since the quest is done, there should be no !sShraar0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Lucio stop channeling to attack if I A attack someone then start to channel an objective if said player/minion comes in range of me while channeling lucio stops channeling to attack (happened on Warhead Junction not sure about other objectives)Fainflinn0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Zul'jin's base health regen now too low Zul'jin's base health regen on the PTR was fixed from 5.3242 to 3.0937 for version 23.3. However, the new number at 3.09 is too low; with his base health pool of 1875 and the standard heal time to full of 480 seconds, he should have a base regen of roughly 1875 / 480 = 3.91. I'm thinking someone switched the 9 and the 0 when entering the new value, unless he truly is intended to have lower-than-normal regen by default.Mongoose0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Lucio Bugs - Back in the Mix (13 Talent) does not go on CD or seem to heal when triggered. - After picking Hard Style (13 Talent) he remained armored even after he was no longer wall-riding, and after I reset talents to pick Back in the Mix. It also doesn't begin working until AFTER I reset talents any way, but this isn't consistent. - Accelerando (1 Talent) stacks decay even while he maintains his movement speed bonus from Wall Riding. Once he reaches full stacks, they correctly disappear along with the speed buff. Intentional? - Loudspeaker (7 Talent) is increasing Crossfade's AOE even when 2 or more allies are not close to Lucion. Not close = not within Crossfades regular or even Loudspeaker buffed AOE. These are just some bugs I discoved by going through his talents quickly, not actively searching for anything. I'm sure there's more out there.Shraar0 Feb 7
Feb 7 Reverse Amp is bugged Reverse Amp: At level 20, it deals less than 236 damage per second, when it's supposed to deal 439 damage per second. http://i.imgur.com/D78hhFS.jpgKenjataimu1 Feb 7