PTR Bug Report

Nov 24 Low FPS Investigation Greetings Heroes! We are aware of players reporting issues with performance degradation on Live. Our PTR build should have improvements to mitigate some cases of lowered performance, but we need your help in investigating this further. When experiencing degraded performance, please first try to run the game using the Default Video settings. If, running Default Video settings, you are still seeing severe degradation of performance (under 30 FPS, for example), please send the following to our Heroes Attachment Inbox: DxDiag.txt and MSInfo.txt Variables.txt (from your Heroes documents folder) Average/Min/Max FPS Thanks! - ZobrekZobrek12 Nov 24
Nov 20 PTR - Hanzo & 2018 Gameplay Updates Hello Everyone! If you are joining us on PTR this week, you might have noticed that Hanzo is not yet available, and that Loot Chests are currently disabled. This week, we'd like to focus PTR on the upcoming 2018 Gameplay Updates. Details can be found here. Hanzo will be available on the PTR will be available starting the week of November 27th. Loot chests will be unavailable until further notice on this instance of the PTR. ( A.I. may still select Hanzo ) Gameplay Changes included in this PTR: A new (camera) Perspective Stealth Rework Refining the Early Game Mercenary Updates Thank you, ~ FizivixFizivix2 Nov 20
Sep 6 Forum and Bug Report Guidelines Greetings Heroes! On behalf of my fellow moderators, Hugincord and Fizivix , welcome to Heroes of the Storm Bug Report Forums! Please note that all posts in this forum are investigated by Blizzard Quality Assurance Analysts. While we try to post as much as possible please do not fret should your post not receive a Blue reply. Even our moderators are analysts who work to investigate every report, on top of their standard testing duties. ::Bug Forum Ground Rules:: All posts are subject to the Blizzard Code of Conduct. While we welcome feedback, this forum is not the appropriate location to discuss intended gameplay mechanics in depth. At times we may venture into discussion territory for the purposes of clarifying a report; but in general feedback posts will be moved to our General Forums, where further discussion is encouraged. Do not bump posts without adding relevant new information to your initial report. A single report of a potential bug is enough to get our teams investigating the matter. Should you wish to report that an issue is still occurring, please make a new posting after a reasonable amount of time has passed. Report each bug individually – We request that each bug you submit have its own posting, so that we can ensure a proper analyst investigates the contents of it. Bug “lists” need to be passed from one type of analyst to another, which can complicate getting validation on your report. Please use the search feature at the top of our forum landing to find similar issues. Should you feel your issue is unique, or that related issues are non-relevant, please create a new posting. The exception to this is if the newest thread you can find is older than 2 months, and your issue is still active in the current patch. Please post from the account that is experiencing the issue. It helps us more accurately diagnose any issues that you may be experiencing on the server side. ::Bug Writing:: When posting a bug, please begin with a one sentence Summary that clearly describe the bug. We should be able to understand the majority of the issue you are reporting by reading your Summary. Good summary: The tooltip for the Zagara’s Baneling Barrage skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with barrage After your Summary, include a detailed report of the bug you experienced. Include as much relevant information as you can. If you have steps and can reproduce the issue consistently using them, include them in your report. This will help our team in reproducing the report which will get it into the hands of our developers all the faster. Attachments, diagnostics, system files and supplemental information can be emailed to us at Heroesbugattachments@blizzard.com. Prior to sending us an attachment, please review our guidelines for those. Please feel free to report issues to us by that email as well, should you feel uncomfortable with posting in a forum environment. Do not assume that your audience will immediately see the bug you are reporting, even if you feel it’s obvious. Factors such as region, ISP, hardware configuration, and even play-style can cause the player experience to vastly differ. ::Types of Bugs:: Below are several categories of bug you may encounter during play. We have included the specific information we would like for each bug reported of this type. Functionality/Design – You are expecting something in the game to work one way, and it’s working another way. This could include skills not functioning properly, computer AI behaving oddly, or a hero completely disappearing after using a skill. Helpful info to include: Whether you’re in menus or in game. What hero is affected, or if all heroes are. Proper name of functionality (tooltip skill name). Screenshot or video of what’s wrong. (uploaded to the file or media sharing site of your choice or send it to us at Heroesbugattachments@blizzard.com) Compatability – If something is wrong with how the game is behaving with your hardware or peripherals, such as graphics not displaying properly, sounds playing incorrectly or not at all, freezes or performance loss. Helpful info to include: Again, whether you’re in menus or in game. Provide your System information (DxDiag.txt or System Profiler) and Variables.txt (found in the Documents folder of our game) Connectivity – Your client's connection to our service is impacted, or you have issues dealing with login, grouping, matchmaking, chat, or any other issue related to the networking of our game. Helpful info to include: What region you are connecting to. Run a Pathping and Tracert if you suspect a network issue, and report your findings. Crashes When the game crashes, you may be provided with a text entry field, which sends a report directly to our bug database. Provide details in that box if you have any, as that sometimes is the only information we have to identify hard-to-reproduce but critical issues. Once you submit the report, you are provided a UUID code. While we will automatically receive your crash report, please feel free to report it here as well, including that UUID code in the posting. The more specific you can be in any report made to us, the faster we can work towards resolving the issue Thank you for taking the time to visit our forum, and enjoy your stay in the Nexus! -ZobrekZobrek0 Sep 6
Sep 6 Bug Attachment Guidelines Greetings Heroes, We are happy to announce that we now have an easier method for submitting requested attachments! From now on we will request that you send your attachments to the email address HeroesBugAttachments@blizzard.com instead of uploading them to file sharing sites and providing a link. This should help us address your issues more effectively and be less of a headache for you. Below are a few guidelines we would like you all to follow when submitting your files and information to us: What to include: A link to your original thread. The requested attachment (nothing else, please). (NOTE: When attaching a replay, please also include the in-game time at which the bug occurred.) A brief description of the issue. The region in which you were playing. The time/date of the occurrence. Commonly requested attachments and how to find them: Screenshots Windows users: Screenshots can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Replays Windows users: Replays can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...DXDiag & MSInfo Mac System Info (Under the Mac Tab) Connection Info How to format a bug attachment email: First, include the name of your thread and the attachment included in the subject line. For the body of the email, start with a link to the thread, your region, then the date and time of the occurrence. After that, please include the bug description and any other pertinent info. It should look something like this: ... Thanks! -ZobrekZobrek0 Sep 6
2d Play 3 Versus AI Games - No Credit No matter what I try, I can't make progress on the "Play 3 Versus AI Games". No matter whether I play coop with others or the level of AI we play, I'm stuck at 0/3.GEO194 2d
4d Daily Quest #1 won't clear I've had this problem for a couple months, it didn't bug me 100% because the other 2 daily quests always worked out BUT i assumed one of the many patches/ updates that have come out would have fixed it by now. I was wrong. This quest : Play 8 Games for 800 coins, has been stuck here for over 4months. Image: https://puu.sh/zlsPd/1c08928184.png I was told to report it here so I guess I'll just wait for a response.ZakOnestar1 4d
Feb 10 Nova Holo Decoy Bug I just played a few AI games on the PTR with Nova. Not always, but frequently, when using Nova's decoy either by using her E ability or using her trait, Permanent Cloak, the decoy will just stand around even if there is a hero/structure/camp/minion to attack. If it is by design that the decoy does not attacking minions the tooltip needs to have the text changed as it currently says "attacks enemies" and doesn't specify it doesn't work on minions. At level 16, taking Lethal Decoy fixed the issue as there was nothing the decoy wouldn't attack.Deanna5 Feb 10
Feb 10 Vault of the Wardens Maiev's trait doesn't avoid Azmodan's e or nova's ult(triple shot), or it just can't?LZLDZ3 Feb 10
Feb 9 Voice chat Make it possible to know whether I was muted by any of my teammates (Or if they turned voice chat off by default), so I'll be sure if somebody hears me or not.detalikota0 Feb 9
Feb 8 Maiev special skin: Color of Umbral Bind If you take the special skins of Maiev, the colors of her Umbral Bind are very misleading: - Friendly color is suddenly orange - There is no green outline whatsover You often think, it's a hostile effect when you play against other Maievs and are clumped up.Yokihiro1 Feb 8
Feb 8 Changing Loadouts for all Heroes We really need to have the ability to set an individual loadout for all heroes. A right-click feature or a set all button underneath the loadout window. Example: Get an announcer that you like better than your current(or the default) and you have to change it 65 times.BobbyO5 Feb 8
Feb 7 Character stat sheet hotkey missing The in-game character stat sheet hotkey assignment is missing on the PTR. edit: it's called Character Sheet Panel.uGeeGee3 Feb 7
Feb 6 AI Zagara goes AFK in Nydus An AI bot Zagara (on Sky Temple) will create some Nydus worms, go inside, and sit inside forever, leaving the team 4v5.Panzish3 Feb 6
Feb 6 Maiev warden cage bugs The warden cage disappeared from my team's screen after a duration but when moving over the spots, it would still knock people back. It also caused me to be knocked back more than once. In the replay though, it shows the warden cage as actually being there even though on my team's screen, it wasn't. I'm not certain if it disappeared for the enemy team as well. I was trying to upload a clip of it, but my video program isn't working for some reason in the replay.DarkNeo0 Feb 6
Feb 6 Daily Quest BUG The Daily Quest Play 3 Versus AI games quest does not work... I just played AI game but not counting towards the questEcho26 Feb 6
Feb 6 D/C & No ground animations I noticed it in PTR but it's also been happening in regular. I ran Scan & Repair but it found nothing. Today it was at the main screen i didn't even get to sit down before it went to black screen & came back. It happens every time i log in now. And after the black screen: 1. There is No battle.net app (it's just a basic bar nothing else) (only minimize & close options) 2. If i get into a game or am in a game when it happens: there are no ground animations for anyone 3. It's really hard to see what's going to happen/where the shot is going.. if you can't see 4. I really hope it's fixed soon. It's been like this all week starting on Monday 1/29 5. As previously stated nothing ground related is visible including Tag/SprayShadybear4202 Feb 6
Feb 4 PTR - Medivh Coloring Messed Up On PTR, there are several medivh skins that are colored red and appear blue in game (only tested Arcane and Emerald Knight medivh in game). This appears to affect Arcane Medivh, Emerald Knight Medivh, Citrine Knight Owl, Amethyst Knight Owl, Nature Medivh, and Fire Medivh.Temmy2 Feb 4
Feb 2 Lunar Rooster missing on my PTR account Right now the PTR says I do not own the Lunar Rooster, but on my Live account I own it. Just wanted to point this out to developers just in case it transfers over to the Live server.theDuL0R0 Feb 2
Feb 2 Volskaya: Biotic Emiter not showing healing numbers When you are inside the Biotic Emiter's healing range on Volskaya Foundry, you heal up but there are no green healing numbers shown over your heroYokihiro0 Feb 2
Feb 2 Voice chat leaving and joining all the time Just tried to play QM in PTR after the update to try voice chat. During the game I was constantly leaving it and joining it again every few seconds (with text and sound notifications), without pressing any buttons. Nobody in my team used voice chat, except for one other guy, who seemed to have similar problem.RBocHe0 Feb 2
Feb 2 Lili healed herself while in Containment Disc I ulted a Lili channeling Jug of 1000 Cups, and immediately activated the Stasis. The cups that were already in air descended to her (she was the only one around) and healed her while she was Stopped, something I don't think should be possible.Shraar0 Feb 2
Feb 1 QM is broken, automatic leaver penalty Just started a QM, was overjoyed the queue for Maiev finally worked... and then after the screen fades black after the countdown I'm booted back to the select screen with a leaver penalty. I've seen other people report the same issue. So, can this be fixed asap please? And can all leaver penalties be removed off of PTR? It's a nightmare finding games on the PTR in the first place, the leaver queue could be endless... And it's 100% undeserved...Shraar2 Feb 1
Feb 1 Mac: Target Info Panel does not show portraits The Target Info Panel does not display unit portraits on the Mac client. Additionally, the background color of the Panel is opaque purple instead of translucent black. It looks exactly the same as in this report: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20761576035 However, I do not believe there is a "-dx9" setting on the Mac client.Unlucky0 Feb 1
Feb 1 Hammer maelstrom rounds bug maelstrom rounds get CD reduction only from basic attacks in siege mode. Either fix the tooltip or how the talent works to avoid confusion https://i.imgur.com/DNGR5EY.pngKingbeast0 Feb 1
Feb 1 Lunar skin - Sylvanas Hey there. Hope this one finally get's through the spam filter after 3 tries. I've noticed that sylvanas' lvl 7 possession talent doesn't change color with her skin. While every other ability turns orange, the possession still has a violet shroud instead of a orange one when casting. Probably just a missed color change instead of a bug, would still be nice to see it fit her skin.LoneWolf0 Feb 1
Feb 1 Maiev: Active talent on 1 The active memento talent on 1 doesn’t show a buff indicator how long it is active. It’s basically like Cassia’s Charged Strike which shows this information in the buff icon barYokihiro0 Feb 1
Feb 1 Target info panel looks weird For some reason the target info panel's box is all one color with no transparency or hero portrait. Pic: https://imgur.com/eHSbU6f Edit: Seems to be caused by launching the game with -dx9.Raiser4 Feb 1
Jan 31 PTR Bug Unable to launch game, got back to the main menu and got leaver status. So its on test realm, I search qm, and then when I find it count 5 4 3 2 1. Loading screen. I see my allies and enemies trying to load, then freeze and I have laucher screen and back to qm menu, cool.. I Want to Play Maiev, Take my money fix my problem xDSertryget1 Jan 31
Jan 31 Medivh skins Hello. During my last match on Volskaya foundry, I noticed that the opponent's Medivh was wearing a skin made only from red. After the game I wanted to know if it was just a bug from it but when I logged to the collection, I saw that Multiple medivh skins were red. Am I the only one who had tis problem ? Is it the only character who have this problem ? Here is a screenshot to show you what I am talking about : https://imgur.com/a/BwuuKFreshBred3 Jan 31
Jan 31 Rehgar Rising Storm On the PTR Rehgar's Rising Storm's bonus damage growth applies to all targets instead of just heroes. I found it during a match and also tested it in Try Mode on Mercs and Minions as well as heroes. The damage growth applies to all enemies.KingKnight0 Jan 31
Jan 31 No LMB for Smart Commands PTR 30.0: HotKeys > Advanced; 'Smart Commands' action cannot be assigned to Left Mouse Button. When using the LMB on the entry for the 'Smart Commands' hotkey, only "..." displays, and the button cannot be assigned. Please fix before live update. thx (also, could you displays the PTR version on the Home screen next to the PTR logo or something)TheWetWorks0 Jan 31
Jan 31 Error on joining QM match, leaver penalty (with log) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WAgbPp0AusOIn1idUEGnhU8sqOhzQPi6Slimper0 Jan 31
Jan 31 Game crashes, can't rejoin. I just had the game crash in the middle of a match on the PTR. Every time I relaunch HotS and try to rejoin the game, it just crashes again.FrostyTO0 Jan 31
Jan 31 Auriel's Sacred Sweep different damage to non-Heroes In PTR 30.0 Auriel's non-Hero additional center damage for Sacred Sweep (AurielSacredSweepNonHeroCenterDamage) has been bumped from 171 to 180 base damage, but the Hero center damage is still 171, so Sweep now has mismatched values for how much damage it does in the center. This is easily testable in Try mode by hitting the target dummy with the center of Sacred Sweep and then hitting one of the mercs; the merc will take more center damage.Mongoose0 Jan 31
Jan 31 Volskaya Foundry When capturing the point, the number % was black and hard to see. I was playing custom.Booshfly1 Jan 31
Jan 30 Unable to lunch game Hi, I have a problem on the maiev patch on the ptr, everytime i try to start a game, after the loading page pop, a msg say "unable to lunch game" and kick me to the lobby and give me one game of penality. I'm the only one ? (Bad english sry)Drakaelyo8 Jan 30
Jan 30 AI Stukov & Ragnaros do not use Heroics AI Ragnaros is able to use Sulfuras Smash just fine, but if he picks Lava Wave, he'll never attempt to use it. With AI Stukov, it doesn't matter which Heroic is picked; the AI will never use either one.Flego0 Jan 30
Jan 30 [MAIEV PTR] CHROMIE TIME TRAP CLOCK IS MISSING The time trap clock is missing on the PTR. Could you please restore this? Currently it just shows a time bar. Need to restore the special Chromie flavor.JustinSP1250 Jan 30
Jan 30 PTR voice test feedback Hi when I have voice set to open mic mode and my headset mic is in it's hardware muted position, I get a very loud feedback sound. My headset is a Sennheiser G4me One.Shivian0 Jan 30
Jan 30 Crush on PTR Ive got a crush on PTR while playing vs AI match. I had searched for the match and after a long time it adds 4 AIs in my team instead of real players. I had played with them vs enemy AI for about 8-10 minutes and then game crushed. I had tried to rejoin but it crushed again.askarmuk1 Jan 30
Jan 30 Character Info If the change of the character info is intended and there is no longer a detail view on your stats by pressing the button "C", it is a VERY bad change. This new fast window is so small and annoying and you spend lots of time to get your information from it. I really prefer to get a clear view on my hero stats by pressing "C" when i need this information, not by double click and hope that i can read it. A bigger new window would be even worse! Maybe you can bring back the "C" - Window by pressing "C" ? And make an option to get rid of this awful small window? ----- Well and if you play Malthael, maybe try to do some 1vs1 ? Objectives, heroes, keep and so on? You called the change a "buff" but it is a HUGE nerf to him! Every silver+ Player will easily target switch after marking enemies with mark of death so that there is NO NEED ON CLEAVE with sacrifice of 30 % on autodamage (Single-Target) only to get your enemies marked...Nighthaven2 Jan 30
Jan 30 Azmodan stat bug Small bug that i saw on the PTR. I was checking the stats of azmodan's minions and they all say that they regen 10hp every second. Which is not true. (posted this on bug section then deleted it not realizing there was a PTR BUG section)Chungus0 Jan 30
Jan 30 When I Queue to QM it kicks me out I cannot try Maieve or any of the update patch notes for like Malthael, everytime I queue to QM, the game freezes a little then returns to the title screen and I get a penalty for leaving. vs AI Co-op also seem broken, I can join a normal game but I don't get matched with other online teammates and the so called Coop ends up as game of all AIs, even my allies. :/SamiSha1 Jan 30
Jan 30 Leaver penalty does not help with testing on the PTR. The PTR is sometimes quite unstable and will kick you out when a game has been created, which actually gives you leavers penalty. I'm not exactly certain if the leavers penalty is actually applied in PTR. If it is, it really defeats the purpose.Ryoma0 Jan 30
Jan 30 Unable to launch games + C button missing So I queue up maiev and hit alt-tab to skip the long times when the game launches and finds a match my icon pops-up so I head into the game and see who I am grouped with and then hit alt-tab again, this disconnects me. Using MAC and this doenst happen with normal game or in other patches of PTR. Also I can not find my C (character sheet) hotkey anymore and I cannot read or find my heroes statsLuLu3 Jan 30
Jan 30 AI stacking under bosses I love the improved AI and their new motivation to take camps but they will stack underneath the boss camps while trying to kill them. They then get stomped and killed. This applies to ranged and melee heroes on both teams.Neducalic0 Jan 30
Jan 30 Leoric ignores malf's roots It seems that leoric ignores malf's roots and walks across without being rootedGandis0 Jan 30
Jan 30 [Target Info Panel][Lost Vikings] Incorrect Move Speed Summary: The Target Info Panel does not list the correct default movement speed of Erik, and instead, lists his default movement speed as being at 100%, even though his default movement speed is slightly faster than the default movement speed, and even faster when choosing the talent Erik the Swift at Level 4. Relevant information: Each of the Lost Vikings has a passive trait, alongside their shared Viking Hoard trait, which is listed in their respective Select Viking buttons. Erik's passive trait, as per the description of Select Erik, has him move faster than the other Vikings and grants him increased Basic Attack range. In addition, at Level 4, the talent Erik the Swift grants an extra 10% to Erik's default movement speed. However, despite this, based on the data provided by the Target Info Panel, Erik supposedly moves at the same 100% default movement speed as other units, even after having selected Erik the Swift. This means that the Target Info Panel very likely lists an incorrect default movement speed on Erik, as he is the only Viking whose passive trait specifically mentions an increased default movement speed, which is not reflected in the Target Info Panel's stats. Reproducing this bug: View Erik's stats using the Target Info Panel. It will list his default movement as being at 100%. Then, compare his movement speed to other units which supposedly share his 100% default movement speed. You will see that Erik moves slightly faster than they do. Finally, choose the Level 4 talent Erik the Swift, and look at Erik's default movement speed. It will show no change, despite its description mentioning a 10% increase to Erik's default movement speed.iArekusu0 Jan 30
Jan 30 Collision UI fxdSv1nnet0 Jan 30
Jan 30 Garrosh: Oppressor and target info panel Talent says 40% spell reduction, panel shows 39%. Obviously the numbers are not correct for several heroes. KT has a similar problem with his lvl 1 talent that says 4% in tooltip but the panel shows 5. Or Auriel with Wrath of heaven. Talent says 10, info shows 11.Yokihiro2 Jan 30