PTR Bug Report

Sep 6, 2017 Forum and Bug Report Guidelines Greetings Heroes! On behalf of my fellow moderators, Hugincord and Fizivix , welcome to Heroes of the Storm Bug Report Forums! Please note that all posts in this forum are investigated by Blizzard Quality Assurance Analysts. While we try to post as much as possible please do not fret should your post not receive a Blue reply. Even our moderators are analysts who work to investigate every report, on top of their standard testing duties. ::Bug Forum Ground Rules:: All posts are subject to the Blizzard Code of Conduct. While we welcome feedback, this forum is not the appropriate location to discuss intended gameplay mechanics in depth. At times we may venture into discussion territory for the purposes of clarifying a report; but in general feedback posts will be moved to our General Forums, where further discussion is encouraged. Do not bump posts without adding relevant new information to your initial report. A single report of a potential bug is enough to get our teams investigating the matter. Should you wish to report that an issue is still occurring, please make a new posting after a reasonable amount of time has passed. Report each bug individually – We request that each bug you submit have its own posting, so that we can ensure a proper analyst investigates the contents of it. Bug “lists” need to be passed from one type of analyst to another, which can complicate getting validation on your report. Please use the search feature at the top of our forum landing to find similar issues. Should you feel your issue is unique, or that related issues are non-relevant, please create a new posting. The exception to this is if the newest thread you can find is older than 2 months, and your issue is still active in the current patch. Please post from the account that is experiencing the issue. It helps us more accurately diagnose any issues that you may be experiencing on the server side. ::Bug Writing:: When posting a bug, please begin with a one sentence Summary that clearly describe the bug. We should be able to understand the majority of the issue you are reporting by reading your Summary. Good summary: The tooltip for the Zagara’s Baneling Barrage skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with barrage After your Summary, include a detailed report of the bug you experienced. Include as much relevant information as you can. If you have steps and can reproduce the issue consistently using them, include them in your report. This will help our team in reproducing the report which will get it into the hands of our developers all the faster. Attachments, diagnostics, system files and supplemental information can be emailed to us at Heroesbugattachments@blizzard.com. Prior to sending us an attachment, please review our guidelines for those. Please feel free to report issues to us by that email as well, should you feel uncomfortable with posting in a forum environment. Do not assume that your audience will immediately see the bug you are reporting, even if you feel it’s obvious. Factors such as region, ISP, hardware configuration, and even play-style can cause the player experience to vastly differ. ::Types of Bugs:: Below are several categories of bug you may encounter during play. We have included the specific information we would like for each bug reported of this type. Functionality/Design – You are expecting something in the game to work one way, and it’s working another way. This could include skills not functioning properly, computer AI behaving oddly, or a hero completely disappearing after using a skill. Helpful info to include: Whether you’re in menus or in game. What hero is affected, or if all heroes are. Proper name of functionality (tooltip skill name). Screenshot or video of what’s wrong. (uploaded to the file or media sharing site of your choice or send it to us at Heroesbugattachments@blizzard.com) Compatability – If something is wrong with how the game is behaving with your hardware or peripherals, such as graphics not displaying properly, sounds playing incorrectly or not at all, freezes or performance loss. Helpful info to include: Again, whether you’re in menus or in game. Provide your System information (DxDiag.txt or System Profiler) and Variables.txt (found in the Documents folder of our game) Connectivity – Your client's connection to our service is impacted, or you have issues dealing with login, grouping, matchmaking, chat, or any other issue related to the networking of our game. Helpful info to include: What region you are connecting to. Run a Pathping and Tracert if you suspect a network issue, and report your findings. Crashes When the game crashes, you may be provided with a text entry field, which sends a report directly to our bug database. Provide details in that box if you have any, as that sometimes is the only information we have to identify hard-to-reproduce but critical issues. Once you submit the report, you are provided a UUID code. While we will automatically receive your crash report, please feel free to report it here as well, including that UUID code in the posting. The more specific you can be in any report made to us, the faster we can work towards resolving the issue Thank you for taking the time to visit our forum, and enjoy your stay in the Nexus! -ZobrekZobrek0 Sep 6, 2017
Sep 6, 2017 Bug Attachment Guidelines Greetings Heroes, We are happy to announce that we now have an easier method for submitting requested attachments! From now on we will request that you send your attachments to the email address HeroesBugAttachments@blizzard.com instead of uploading them to file sharing sites and providing a link. This should help us address your issues more effectively and be less of a headache for you. Below are a few guidelines we would like you all to follow when submitting your files and information to us: What to include: A link to your original thread. The requested attachment (nothing else, please). (NOTE: When attaching a replay, please also include the in-game time at which the bug occurred.) A brief description of the issue. The region in which you were playing. The time/date of the occurrence. Commonly requested attachments and how to find them: Screenshots Windows users: Screenshots can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Replays Windows users: Replays can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...DXDiag & MSInfo Mac System Info (Under the Mac Tab) Connection Info How to format a bug attachment email: First, include the name of your thread and the attachment included in the subject line. For the body of the email, start with a link to the thread, your region, then the date and time of the occurrence. After that, please include the bug description and any other pertinent info. It should look something like this: ... Thanks! -ZobrekZobrek0 Sep 6, 2017
Jun 6 Leaver status doesn't allow me to play From last time PTR was bugged I got disconnected from the game several times (with other in the group) and got a leaver status. I still need to play 1 game through it. Today I was trying to find a game to test redesigned heroes, and wasn't able to find any quickmatches or brawls after spending in queue around 30 min. Maybe this undeserved leaver status need to be taken off?RBocHe4 Jun 6
Sep 29 Montaria do Evento Ao terminar as 16 missões, e escolher a montaria, ela não está contando, nem ganhando contra i.a. nem qm.Lopes0 Sep 29
Sep 28 Veteran marksman incorrect % I have noticed with Veteran Marksman on raynor, instead of giving/showing 0.75% increase per stack, it gives/shows 1%. (not sure if it's display bug, or actual damage bug). At 25 stacks, it shows the bonus is 25% for a total of 150% damage, at 49 stacks it showed 49% bonus, for 174% totalSurgStriker2 Sep 28
Sep 26 NO HEALING DONE AFTER THE MVP SCREEN https://imgur.com/a/zHkxR4bZeorg6 Sep 26
Sep 24 Abathur clones don't recieve leech I know this is probably too late to fix before live, but, Abathur's clones don't receive any health for attacks that should increase their health. I think what is happening is that the Abathur body is receiving the leech, because cloning Kerrigan causes Abathur to gain shields rather than the Kerrigan clone. https://gfycat.com/CarelessGloomyBlacklemurSpazzo0 Sep 24
Sep 20 Maiev Armor listing bug My heart almost stopped when I went into try mode with Maiev to get a look at the new skin, and when I took the level 13 armor from q talent, I hit 3 enemies with one fan of knives, and it said 20 armor. Strange although not post worthy. Then I fanned again and it said 75 armor next to my health! I almost choked on my water bottle seeing that. Luckily it doesn't actually give 75 armor, but just so people don't freak out in the middle of games like I did in try mode, I thought this should be pointed out. :)Androski0 Sep 20
Sep 20 Tyrande Light of Elune Description Simplified Error Instead of reading Passive: "Basic Attacks reduce Light of Elune's cd by 1.5 seconds" and Passive: "Damaging enemy Heroes with abilities reduces Light of Elune's cd by 1.5 seconds," the description nowstates solely "Light of Elune's cd is reduced by 1.5 seconds every time Tyrande damages an enemy." This is incorrect, as abilities do not (as they should not) grant CDR from damaging non-Heroes. Admittedly it had a long description before, but being improper is worse than lengthy text. I propose writing it as follows: "Heal an ally for x. Basic Attacks lower Light of Elune's cooldown by 1.5 seconds. Additionally, damaging Heroes with Abilities lowers its cooldown by 1.5 seconds. ..... *charges description same*" This conveys correct information, as well as it is less cluttered than on Live. Also Lunar Blaze's reduced range from 50% to 40% is still shown as 50% on PTR.Dblade081 Sep 20
Sep 19 Double floating text with Kerrigan's behavior healers https://i.imgur.com/zzlXd4Y.png Both the healer effect and the behavior being reapplied causes there to be two floaters - the actual shield increase only occurs once. This only happens with Assimilation Mastery and Siphoning Impact, as they are the only two things that use a healer to grant assimilation shields.Spazzo1 Sep 19
Sep 19 PTR Kerrigan Spectral Countess Bug Idk if I should report PTR bugs here but whatever. If you click on the new Kerrigan skin and then click on another Countess kerrigan skin it doesn't show it, it shows the Spectral skin. The issue goes away if you click on one of the non-Countess skins.Archmage1 Sep 19
Sep 19 ptr Brightwing Pixie Charm quest dings Ptr Brightwing's bribe talent (Pixie Charm) causes a quest progress sound / visual each time a minion dies. Pixie Charm is not a quest, it doesn't have the word "quest" in the description, and other bribe talents don't cause quest dings. It could be fine for bribe talents to have a notification when you earn a point, but it shouldn't be the same as a quest sound.Panzish1 Sep 19
Sep 19 Hanamura Payload Stuck at End I was playing an AI-match on the New Hanamura map, the enemy team pushed the payload all the way to the end and as it got to the end, the payload was rapidly contested and reclaimed, and the payload seemed like it was pushed past the goal. The payload got stuck at the end of the track, unable to fire. In addition to this bug, the enemy team of AI all stood on this broken payload, making a push to the end very, very easy.JJGagnon2 Sep 19
Sep 19 [PTR] Bug - Unable to channel/collect Seed Hello! While trying new Brightwing I stumbled across a bug in an AI match. Wondered why my (AI) team wouldn't pick up the Seed, then realized that I coulnd't do so also. Around ingame time 18:00 min 1/3rd Chen (in his Ult form) channeled the Seed in the top right but it did not get picked up. After that the game went on about 10 more minutes. At 26 I myself tried to pick it up but i coudn't. I'll send the replay file. Hope this helps. :)Neifary1 Sep 19
Sep 19 Hero-specific commandbuttons are bugged PTR: https://i.imgur.com/uK0taMp.png, https://gfycat.com/HastyTemptingCobra, https://gfycat.com/HastyTemptingCobra Live: https://i.imgur.com/fqPfaIH.png, https://gfycat.com/DistortedNeedyLeafwing, https://gfycat.com/HoarseMealyKestrel Other things have similar bugs, like the Li Li's Fast Feet countdown timer, D.Va's Self Destruct charge counterSpazzo1 Sep 19
Sep 18 Kerrigan need slow effect or move speed Please add slow effect Kerrigan's primal grasp or heroic. add move speed after use Ravage, possibly if the Assimilation is active. Need move speed or slow for "more use basic attacks vs high ranged assassins"Celam0 Sep 18
Sep 18 Kerrigan W-E bug returns Quick cast settings are all enabled for every ability. This bug has long plagued the Queen of Blades. You go to use W-E in your combo and W just won't fire. It's very frustrating because it happens frequently and ruins a great part of her strength: the combo.GaiaFirebird2 Sep 18
Sep 18 hidden mephi nerf? what s up with nova dmg? it got reduced? it s already sohard to hit anyything with it with those 48 dmg ticks and now u nerf it? also is ult doesnt deal dmg sometimes and i mean csYawgmoth1 Sep 18
Sep 18 Kerrigan PTR 38.0 Hopped in game to try out the new rework for Kerrigan, loving it except i found one thing that will be an issue if not fixed. I did not have the short cooldowns on for this. I chose the Torrasque lvl 20 talent for the Ultralisk heroic ability, 1) any time the ultralisk died it came back. Normally not an issue, since that is what Torrasque does. But it kept coming back, not just once, but multiple times. 2) I do not know if it is intentional, but I was receiving charge from Assimilation while not dealing damage myself, but the Ultralisk. TL;DR: Torrasque Ultralisk ult kept reviving it over and over, as well as granting Kerrigan Assimilation charge while she was not in combat.SerLautrec3 Sep 18
Sep 18 Version Mismatch Been going on for a few days... Tells me my version is mismatched for PTR. I've scanned and repaired, force checked for updates, reinstalled and deleted files that some Blizz post from years ago suggested. No success, since Blizz doesn't want me to contact them for support and they clearly haven't replied to any other posts that I've found I'm here asking you guys.QBall1624 Sep 18
Sep 17 [Mega bug] Tyrande's Q Tyrande's Q FREQUENTLY recharge only 1 stack if you spam the ability before be refreshed completely. So, if you have a situation when you need to heal someone quickly (and naturally you are spamming the ability to heal the target immediately when the ability be on) can happen this terrible bug.Cuyi4 Sep 17
Sep 17 ptr Kerrigan Fury talent text When Kerrigan takes Fury of the Swarm at level 1, the description for Q Ravage isn't modified with the talent description. Since Fury of the Swarm changes Ravage, the talent should be listed under Ravage (which is what usually happens when a talent adjusts an ability)Panzish1 Sep 17
Sep 17 kerrigan pull cancels channeled ults for full cd just played a match against kerri with meph and when i channeled ult and she pulled me, no dmg was dealt but ult went on full cdYawgmoth0 Sep 17
Sep 17 PTR KERRIGAN ASSIMILATION BUG The tool tip for Assimilation says 15% but Kerrigan actually gains 30% of the dmg as shield. Also the lv 13 talent Volatile Power tool tip says it adds another 15% (so the trait should go to max 30%) but it actually adds another 30% (and the trait becomes 60%)Archmage2 Sep 17
Sep 17 PTR Kerrigan Assimilation Bug Idk if I should report PTR bugs here but whatever. The tool tip for Assimilation says 15% but Kerrigan actually gains 30% of the dmg as shield. Also the lv 13 talent Volatile Power tool tip says it adds another 15% (so the trait should go to max 30%) but it actually adds another 30% (and the trait becomes 60%)Archmage2 Sep 17
Sep 17 38.0 Not working and freezing my laptop. When i updated the the game and playing, i want to try new skins and the game not working just freezing my laptop. I restarted few times my computer and not working. I tried set to low graphics and not working. I ran the 37.0 on live hots and it is working but the ptr 38.0 frezzing my laptop.ArmandoLucki2 Sep 17
Sep 17 PTR KERRIGAN SPECTRAL COUNTESS BUG If you click on the new Kerrigan skin and then click on another Countess kerrigan skin it doesn't show it, it shows the Spectral skin. The issue goes away if you click on one of the non-Countess skins.Archmage0 Sep 17
Sep 11 Hero league Hello, i just reloged and i just saw i lost 600 point just like that. Is it normal...?Severdor0 Sep 11
Sep 5 Mephisto Lightning Nova (No Minion/Merc Damage) delete post pleaseBurtThaMan0 Sep 5
Sep 3 D.VA need rework, please read the ideas In short: Give torpedo dash in basic ability, add micro missiles ability from overwatch, mech basic attack more damage in melee range (like Zarya's Feel the heat talent), add self healing talent on lvl13 or lvl16 ...Celam0 Sep 3
Sep 2 Mephisto's Shade cancels Octograb? Was fooling around in the PTR as Murky. We went up against a Mephisto but it appears his Shade ability can get him out of an Octograb. Has any other Murky player seen this?Thumbmaster2 Sep 2
Sep 2 AI bots Hanamura Recon camp Playing with AI teammates on the new Hanamura Temple. If you capture a recon camp, eventually later the mercs will respawn and then your AI bot teammates will decide to go to the camp. But you already own it, so there's nothing for them to fight, and 2-3 AI bot heroes just run back and forth between the mercenaries doing nothing for 60+ seconds.Panzish2 Sep 2
Aug 30 Tyrande can't heal non-hero The (new) text for Tyrande's Light of Elune (Q) says "Heal target ally". But it doesn't work on minions or other non-heroes. By comparison, Uther Q says "Heal target ally", and it does work on minions.Panzish1 Aug 30
Aug 30 The new tyrande is so boring compared to the old. I don't even understand why you guys had to make such broad changes to her. Should have just removed her heal and replaced with something else. It was always so fun to see how high I could get any of the lvl 1 quests and the gameplay overall felt great with her other talents. Now she's just some random character with less than boring talents that can't heal as well as most other healers.Genoism0 Aug 30
Aug 29 PTR version mismatch Heroes of the Storm PTR has always had this issue for me. I have gone through all the steps support can give me, browsed the forums for solutions for the mismatch, followed all the steps I could possibly find to fix this issue but nothing has worked. Every time I try to play the PTR it is rare if I ever do get to play due to this issue.Nurzule2 Aug 29
Aug 29 AI bots Hanamura siege camp 1. An AI bot (like Nazeebo or Leoric) decides to capture the siege camp on Hanamura temple. 2. He takes too much damage and decides to recall. 3. He stands there recalling while getting slashed up until the mercenary kills him.Panzish1 Aug 29
Aug 29 Force Move input stuck down 1. Go into a game or Try Mode. 2. Go to Hotkeys, Advanced, Hero Abilities (Quick Cast), and assign a key to Force Move, such as M. Accept and back to game. 3. Press and release your Force Move key (M) somewhere on the ground. 4. Move the mouse around and notice that your hero is following the mouse cursor, even though no keys or buttons are being held down. The hero should stop following new mouse positions when no button is being pressed. This problem happens the same either with Quick Cast or Quick Cast on Release.Panzish0 Aug 29
Aug 29 Activating Ranger (Piercing-)Talent ... Would it be possible, to also let me activate Piercing-Effect, after releasing W and the Owl hasn't hit any Hero yet? Thanks!diceman0 Aug 29
Aug 28 Talent Synergy bug, infinite shields ! There's a bug when you take the lvl 4 shield Talent for W and the Autoattack CD reduction Talent on Lvl 1. You get close to two tagets; use W and keep autohitting. The shield you get persists for 7 seconds. But it's up fast, even so fast, you generate another shield, and another ... 20k Shield is no problem tihs way as long as you keep attacking 2 targets (lvl 1) and get shields by hits from W (lvl 4)Kir2 Aug 28
Aug 28 Tyrande Trueshot self-stacking When Tyrande presses 1 for the active effect of Trueshot Aura, she does not get a damage bonus. Possibly this is intentional, since she already has a 20% damage bonus as the passive effect of the talent. But that's inconsistent with how that wording works in other parts of the game. If this behavior is correct, then the word "other" could be added to the talent description to make it explicit.Panzish2 Aug 28
Aug 28 UI Frostbite quest bug in the russian localization Hello! In the russian localization part of the text in the new UI is lost in the process of implementation Frostbite quest. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/APoZRu3Vitalaizer0 Aug 28
Aug 28 Rejoin issue on PTR Upon starting a QM game on the PTR the game crashed, and then crashen again on restart. When rejoining the game on the 2nd try, i was thrown onto the playmode selection screen instead of the rejoined game. I could still hear the game sound effects on this screen and was unabale to search for a new game, as every try was refused with "can not join a qeueu while being in a game".rcw0 Aug 28
Aug 28 Mephisto doesn't gain Static Barrier shields vs shields If Mephisto takes Static Barrier at level 4, damage he deals to enemy heroes with L ightning Nova against behavior-based shields does not grant him additional shields. Behavior-based shields being most shields in the game, with the exception of those seen on Fenix, and those Probius gains from the Shield Capacitor talent. There is a similar bug on Ragnaros, which I have posted in the live bug report forums.Spazzo0 Aug 28
Aug 28 Mephisto lvl 7 "Frost Storm" Talent Talent tool tip currently states: "Enemies near shade of Mephisto are slowed by 50% for 2 seconds. Hitting Enemies with Skull Missile while Shade of Mephisto is active increases the slow to 50%." Current In game effect is "Enemies hit by Skull Missile while shade of Mephisto is active are slowed by 50%". This means that the shade doesn't slow at all, aside from the increase slow from 50% to 50% in the current (wrong) tooltip.uDrathair0 Aug 28
Aug 28 Tyrande Starfall bug on 8/27/17 PTR I played against a Tyrande who took Starfall. She cast it slightly behind our gate, and it hit me once or twice while I was still in the area of effect and moving out of it. I was alive after clearly moving out of the AoE by at least 1-2 hero hitboxes, but I was still hit by another Starfall damage instance well outside of the AoE, killing my hero. I highly doubt it was lag because this would have been at least 500ms or more of lag.uGeeGee0 Aug 28
Aug 27 Mephisto's Hero-Specific Mount The "Mount" tab in Mephisto's loadout is empty. Yes, he is restricted to only one, hero-specific mount, but other heroes with this feature, Ragnaros and Kel'thuzad, show their lonely mounts in their loadouts.phoenixx0 Aug 27
Aug 27 Siege Camp & Mephisto I noticed half way through that top Siege Camp was taken but just stayed there - didn't move but still blue. Also seems like Mephisto has some issues w/his basic attack.. one second hitting minions the next not. I had to reclick even though he was close enough to attack. Loving his play style & can't wait for next week! (until then PTR all semi-week!!!)Shadybear4200 Aug 27
Aug 27 Mephisto's "Animosity" Talent Bug Pulses caused by Basic Attacks do basic Lightning Nova damage, i. e. without bonus received from hitting Heroes.Prometheus0 Aug 27
Aug 17 Patch wont download help Hello everyone. My Blizzard Bnet application keeps trying to initialize and download a 479.88MB file. But it wont download it, hence can't play HOTS. Any suggestions :/RustyShank1 Aug 17
Aug 13 There are 2 sequential exit screens When leaving a match, why are there two sequential exit screens? Couldn't they be combined into one? What is the purpose of having to exit a match twice?Zargyle0 Aug 13