PTR Bug Report

Nov 24 Low FPS Investigation Greetings Heroes! We are aware of players reporting issues with performance degradation on Live. Our PTR build should have improvements to mitigate some cases of lowered performance, but we need your help in investigating this further. When experiencing degraded performance, please first try to run the game using the Default Video settings. If, running Default Video settings, you are still seeing severe degradation of performance (under 30 FPS, for example), please send the following to our Heroes Attachment Inbox: DxDiag.txt and MSInfo.txt Variables.txt (from your Heroes documents folder) Average/Min/Max FPS Thanks! - ZobrekZobrek12 Nov 24
Nov 20 PTR - Hanzo & 2018 Gameplay Updates Hello Everyone! If you are joining us on PTR this week, you might have noticed that Hanzo is not yet available, and that Loot Chests are currently disabled. This week, we'd like to focus PTR on the upcoming 2018 Gameplay Updates. Details can be found here. Hanzo will be available on the PTR will be available starting the week of November 27th. Loot chests will be unavailable until further notice on this instance of the PTR. ( A.I. may still select Hanzo ) Gameplay Changes included in this PTR: A new (camera) Perspective Stealth Rework Refining the Early Game Mercenary Updates Thank you, ~ FizivixFizivix2 Nov 20
Sep 6 Forum and Bug Report Guidelines Greetings Heroes! On behalf of my fellow moderators, Hugincord and Fizivix , welcome to Heroes of the Storm Bug Report Forums! Please note that all posts in this forum are investigated by Blizzard Quality Assurance Analysts. While we try to post as much as possible please do not fret should your post not receive a Blue reply. Even our moderators are analysts who work to investigate every report, on top of their standard testing duties. ::Bug Forum Ground Rules:: All posts are subject to the Blizzard Code of Conduct. While we welcome feedback, this forum is not the appropriate location to discuss intended gameplay mechanics in depth. At times we may venture into discussion territory for the purposes of clarifying a report; but in general feedback posts will be moved to our General Forums, where further discussion is encouraged. Do not bump posts without adding relevant new information to your initial report. A single report of a potential bug is enough to get our teams investigating the matter. Should you wish to report that an issue is still occurring, please make a new posting after a reasonable amount of time has passed. Report each bug individually – We request that each bug you submit have its own posting, so that we can ensure a proper analyst investigates the contents of it. Bug “lists” need to be passed from one type of analyst to another, which can complicate getting validation on your report. Please use the search feature at the top of our forum landing to find similar issues. Should you feel your issue is unique, or that related issues are non-relevant, please create a new posting. The exception to this is if the newest thread you can find is older than 2 months, and your issue is still active in the current patch. Please post from the account that is experiencing the issue. It helps us more accurately diagnose any issues that you may be experiencing on the server side. ::Bug Writing:: When posting a bug, please begin with a one sentence Summary that clearly describe the bug. We should be able to understand the majority of the issue you are reporting by reading your Summary. Good summary: The tooltip for the Zagara’s Baneling Barrage skill contains a typo. Bad summary: Bug with barrage After your Summary, include a detailed report of the bug you experienced. Include as much relevant information as you can. If you have steps and can reproduce the issue consistently using them, include them in your report. This will help our team in reproducing the report which will get it into the hands of our developers all the faster. Attachments, diagnostics, system files and supplemental information can be emailed to us at Heroesbugattachments@blizzard.com. Prior to sending us an attachment, please review our guidelines for those. Please feel free to report issues to us by that email as well, should you feel uncomfortable with posting in a forum environment. Do not assume that your audience will immediately see the bug you are reporting, even if you feel it’s obvious. Factors such as region, ISP, hardware configuration, and even play-style can cause the player experience to vastly differ. ::Types of Bugs:: Below are several categories of bug you may encounter during play. We have included the specific information we would like for each bug reported of this type. Functionality/Design – You are expecting something in the game to work one way, and it’s working another way. This could include skills not functioning properly, computer AI behaving oddly, or a hero completely disappearing after using a skill. Helpful info to include: Whether you’re in menus or in game. What hero is affected, or if all heroes are. Proper name of functionality (tooltip skill name). Screenshot or video of what’s wrong. (uploaded to the file or media sharing site of your choice or send it to us at Heroesbugattachments@blizzard.com) Compatability – If something is wrong with how the game is behaving with your hardware or peripherals, such as graphics not displaying properly, sounds playing incorrectly or not at all, freezes or performance loss. Helpful info to include: Again, whether you’re in menus or in game. Provide your System information (DxDiag.txt or System Profiler) and Variables.txt (found in the Documents folder of our game) Connectivity – Your client's connection to our service is impacted, or you have issues dealing with login, grouping, matchmaking, chat, or any other issue related to the networking of our game. Helpful info to include: What region you are connecting to. Run a Pathping and Tracert if you suspect a network issue, and report your findings. Crashes When the game crashes, you may be provided with a text entry field, which sends a report directly to our bug database. Provide details in that box if you have any, as that sometimes is the only information we have to identify hard-to-reproduce but critical issues. Once you submit the report, you are provided a UUID code. While we will automatically receive your crash report, please feel free to report it here as well, including that UUID code in the posting. The more specific you can be in any report made to us, the faster we can work towards resolving the issue Thank you for taking the time to visit our forum, and enjoy your stay in the Nexus! -ZobrekZobrek0 Sep 6
Sep 6 Bug Attachment Guidelines Greetings Heroes, We are happy to announce that we now have an easier method for submitting requested attachments! From now on we will request that you send your attachments to the email address HeroesBugAttachments@blizzard.com instead of uploading them to file sharing sites and providing a link. This should help us address your issues more effectively and be less of a headache for you. Below are a few guidelines we would like you all to follow when submitting your files and information to us: What to include: A link to your original thread. The requested attachment (nothing else, please). (NOTE: When attaching a replay, please also include the in-game time at which the bug occurred.) A brief description of the issue. The region in which you were playing. The time/date of the occurrence. Commonly requested attachments and how to find them: Screenshots Windows users: Screenshots can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Replays Windows users: Replays can be found in your “Documents\Heroes of the Storm” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...DXDiag & MSInfo Mac System Info (Under the Mac Tab) Connection Info How to format a bug attachment email: First, include the name of your thread and the attachment included in the subject line. For the body of the email, start with a link to the thread, your region, then the date and time of the occurrence. After that, please include the bug description and any other pertinent info. It should look something like this: ... Thanks! -ZobrekZobrek0 Sep 6
1d Blaze: No quickcast hotkey setting for Flamethrower There is no quickcast option to set up Flamethrower in the hotkeys settings - the ability within the bunkerYokihiro1 1d
2d Play 3 Versus AI Games - No Credit No matter what I try, I can't make progress on the "Play 3 Versus AI Games". No matter whether I play coop with others or the level of AI we play, I'm stuck at 0/3.GEO180 2d
4d List of Blaze bugs Oil Dispersal talent has an issue with the skillshot's indicator. While the Oil Spillage certainly increases in size while on the ground, the W's visual 'arrow' does not incerase in size, width or length at all, leaving you unnecessarily confused. The W arrow indicator should grow larger after picking this talent to accompany the increased spillage area. Fuel Leak talent negates itself, or otherwise doesn't work 75%+ of the times. Blaze ALWAYS leaves 4 Oil Spills after taking this talent, but when he collides with an enemy hero, the last 4th Spill almost always ends up beneath them anyway, meaning the talent doesn't actually create an additional, 5th spillage. In other words, this talent currently does not work as intended. You can easily test this by E-ing the dummy at various angles, and especially not directly hitting them but hitting them on the very outskirt of E's skillshot indicator, as seen here: https://i.imgur.com/8bz3ZCe.png. The result, as you can see, is only 4 Spillages: https://i.imgur.com/Tj9m4UF.png. You either need to add the 5th Spillage for the talent's wording to actually make sense or make this talent do something else (for that 'additional' part) entirely, e.g. lighting the final spillage on fire automatically, adding a slow after the stun, adding a knockback around the impact zone, whatever. At any rate, even if you add a 5th Spillage, it likely won't be interesting enough (unless the 5th Spill would land somewhat in front/behind the enemy, making their escape considerably more difficult), because as it stands, this talent cannot compete with the other two on this tier. Suppressive Fire talent does not provide the usual visual debuff indicator (icon) of -15 or -30% reduced Spell Power, like Ana's does. At the moment, this talent only adds a purple bar beneath enemy hero's health, showing how long the effect lasts, but the numbers (15/30) are missing. Nanomachine Coating talent does not provide any visual Debuff indicator (icon) over the enemy Heroes, letting you know their Attack Speed is actually reduced, or for how long it is reduced. It's all written in the talent's description, but you know we need those visuals regardless, even if just for legibility reasons. Bunker Drop heroic - one should be able to continually use Flamethrower (Q) by simply pressing and holding the key, not having to press it each single time. Just a QoL thing that Bunker could use, especially considering multiple people will be using it at all times. --- General (E) interaction issues. During Jet Propulsion's wind up time, all of Blaze's other abilities are not darkened out, suggesting that he should be able to use them, but he cannot. You can see how this can make people confused. You should darken out all abilities during E's wind-up, just like it works with Combustion, so that people don't get any ideas, thinking his E interactions should be working when they shouldn't. --- A.I. bugs Blaze refuses to cast his (W) at all times for whatever reason, at least he never uses it in Try Mode. When Blaze enters the Bunker, he almost never uses Flamethrower. I've seen him cast it maybe once or twice while in Bunker.Anu1 4d
4d right click act as attack move command right click act as attack move command on any hero , pretty anoying with stealth when you just want to stand still on a line nearby minion. you have to hit the "hold" button to avoid auto attacking while using move command , that should act like un SC2 move command = no attack on path for example with nova u cant go to a lane and wait to vanish it will attack the closest creep afaik is was not working that way beforeManBearPig0 4d
Jan 10 Problem with accesories I can't see the accessories that I have not acquired. It only shows me the ones I bought.AnaRedfield0 Jan 10
Jan 9 Blazes bunker drop pass through the enemy's door With Blazes, If you use bunker drop near the enemy's drop, you can pass through the enemy's door by leaving bunker베디섬0 Jan 9
Jan 8 Hanzo Dragon Arrow bug Hanzo's ult (dragon arrow) When you cast Dragon arrow and and then press Storm Bow you got stuck. I mean you can't release the Storm Bow but you can't cast and another ability. The only way to fix this is to die or to be thrown.MindControl1 Jan 8
Jan 8 How come I cannot select Blaze in PTR? Everyone is unlocked except Blaze, Hanzo, Ana, Junkrat in my game? VS AI and QM they are grayed outhasher220 Jan 8
Jan 7 Neural Stimpack CDR "bug". Ability states it provides cooldown reduction to (all) abilities and gives mana. Could you make it so ability doesn't provide itself cooldown reduction and lower cooldown, would make it bit more clear what's the actual cooldown on it, 37.5s. Edit: Or maybe this really wasn't intentional.HotsNotMan0 Jan 7
Jan 7 AI Bugs + Improvements AI Bugs Bots on Hanamura and Volskaya Industries do not jump from their horses to attack Minion camps. AI Improvments Blaze Bot should use his Stimpacks more often. Blaze should use his Oil Spil if he can hit min. 3 lane minions and has a ready Flame Stream ability. If Blaze call a bunker ally bots go into the bunker if they has under 40% health or under 25% mana Blaze should use Jet propulsion if he has under 35% health and tries to escape. General If a player select Cho or Gall for Coop vs AI (AI Teammates) the bots pick the other missing champ, so player can train both. In Replay: If playing with Bots the notifications if a hero died are always wrong.DalgonAI2 Jan 7
Jan 6 Pinging level advantage or missing only work with Alt As the title states the ping announcements in the top part of the UI (level advantage or disadvantage, character missing or character respawns in x seconds) exclusively work with alt+ping. This is inconsistent as other parts of the UI (health, mana, cooldowns) can be pinged with a different modifier set in the hotkey options.DelightfulD2 Jan 6
Jan 6 Blaze Bunker Loss of Control If you enter Blaze's Bunker as it expires, you lose control of your Hero. Your portrait becomes blank, and your ability bar is wiped. It's just a blank bar. This affects all heroes who enter the bunker as it expires, and is not affected by multiple people entering at once. Recreate by calling down the bunker, then entering it in the last second, or less.Talboturbo2 Jan 6
Jan 6 Blaze: Juggernaut Plating and Armor Blaze's level 16 talent Juggernaut Plating does not work correctly based off of its description when you gain additional armor. The most common example would be from his trait. The description says roughly: Gain 50 spell armor for 3 seconds, afterwards gain a shield for 100% of the damage prevented this way. However this is not the case and I will explain through a simple example. CASE 1: Blaze activates JP and receives 1000 spell damage during the duration. Blaze will reduce this damage to 500 and receive a 500 point shield. This is correct, based on the wording. CASE 2: Blaze activates JP and activates his trait, gaining 25 armor in addition. During the 3 seconds Blaze receives the same 1000 points of damage. In this case he will receive only 250 damage, which works correctly. However, he now only receives 250 shield when he should still receive a 500 point shield, as JP still reduced that amount. We were able to produce this consistently in sandbox mode, and simply don't have an explanation except that he appears to receive a shield equal to the spell damage he ultimately receives after all reductions. If this is the way the talent is supposed to work then it is worded incorrectly, otherwise it's a bug.Sw00pster0 Jan 6
Jan 5 PTR server bug, AI heroes cannot be pinged in QM got a game on PTR, were a AI genjii all time autodepinged himself on testrealm.Aqvamare0 Jan 5
Jan 5 Malf Lunar Shower - no indicator There is no indicator in the buff icon bar to show the current damage bonus.Yokihiro3 Jan 5
Jan 5 Blaze Juggernaut Plating I was wondering how the armor and spell armor work, cuz we are testing Juggernaut Plating and when we had his trait to the Juggernaut Plating, we have less shield than if we only use Juggernaut Plating.....theoretically we should g et more shield cuz we are able to absord more damage. I know it's still 100% of the 50% absord, but the absord should be bigger cuz and the 25 armor more with his trait... P.S I'm french canadian so sorry for this bad english :DLUXelektra0 Jan 5
Jan 4 Oil Spills and Tooltips I noticed this after playing with Blaze's 16 talents on the merc camp in try mode. Nanomachine coating does -not- apply on ignited Oil Spills. Tooltip: "Enemies standing in Oil Spills have their attack speed slowed by 40%" (Tested on bruiser camp and siege camp. Boss camp is unaffected) Would it be possible for the devs to clarify the language between Oil Spills and... an Ignited Oil Spill? Or add a note to talents like this saying the Oil Spill effect does not apply to burning oil? Ex: "Players standing in unignited Oil Spills have their... " It's a QoL change, I get it, but it helps.Kree0 Jan 4
Jan 4 Malf: Speed animation I don't see any white stripes behind Malf when I use Nature's Swiftness and run really fastYokihiro2 Jan 4
Jan 4 Malf: New talent icons No actual bug but really, really lazy design: The new icons that are a split version of Regrowth and Moonfire look aweful and don't follow the other well made icons of talents heroes normally have. I hope they are just placeholders because the icon designer still is on holidays. If those indeed go live...Yokihiro0 Jan 4
Jan 4 firebat bunker Broken if you drop your bunker while getting mawed by zagara you lose control in game, you have no portrait you cant move and you have no abilities. then you get dropped for inactivity because you cant do anything after you re-spawn.blindkiller7 Jan 4
Jan 4 Blaze Bunker Target Priority Grubby's recent video shows the core has a higher (or equal?) priority to shoot the bunker than minions attacking it. I would think minions always have higher target priority for the core than the bunker. Timestamp video: https://youtu.be/-0BVwH_gTwU?t=13m25sBraveSrRobin0 Jan 4
Jan 4 Blaze's talents: same icon in one talent tier Blaze's level 4 talents "Adhesive Petroleum" and "Oil Dispersal" have the same icon (and the same color).phoenixx1 Jan 4
Jan 4 "Exit freely from bunker" I don't know if this is a bug or not, but the ability says we can exit freely, but for me pressing "R" to cancel doesn't work and I can't seem to get out of the bunker until the ability runs out. Is there another way to exit the bunker? ThanksDuke2 Jan 4
Jan 3 Xenomorph Abathur bugs :/ There are three of them. Firstly, the Shield almost immediatelly disappears when cast on Monstrosity, regardless if it's talented into or not - it never should disappear after 1s unless it has absorbed all the damage or has simply expired already. Works correclty when shielding allies and minions but disappears prematurely on Monstrosity. Secondly, and most importantly, the Symbiote's 'Head' is always Blue, regardless of which Xenomorph skin you are currently using. It shouldn't be always blue, it should have the same color as the skin you're playing with. Lastly, the same issue with Locust Strain - they are always Blue as well, just like Symbiote's head. Please stop doing that and recolour both Locusts and Symbiote Head to have the same palette as the skin you're playing with. Disappointed Mule didn't get any new visuals, but I understand that one.Anu1 Jan 3
Jan 3 Can't ignite Oil from Pill Box If you take Blaze's Lvl 20 Fortified bunker you can't ignite the Oil that you throw out. Not sure if that is intended or not. If it is intended, it doesn't feel right since you are already spewing out flame throwers as well as it coming from a lvl 20 talent.WebDeath5 Jan 3
Jan 3 Mount Ability castong itself I finded that with dva alot of time i where stuck on not beeing able to do anythink becouse mount ability in human form where casting itself over and over againSober6670 Jan 3
Jan 3 [SHOP]Complete quests do not always give rewards At times, only the final rewards are givendébie1 Jan 3
Jan 3 Stitches Skins Missing From 2.0 Shop Psycho Stitches and Bikini Stitches skins are missing from the 2.0 shop. (I do not own either skin but they are still unavailable.)BestSharpG7 Jan 3
Jan 3 Blaze shop label Blaze should've labelled as Terran in the shop, right? Isn't he a Terran?SyberViper0 Jan 3
Jan 3 Malfurion's Ysera's Gift skill description has a typo The skill description refers to Regrowth's "additional" healing-over-time. I suspect the word "additional" needs to be removed as I can't see anything in any of the talent or skill descriptions referring to "additional" HOT. Plenty of talents do an extra one-time heal, but none appear to give extra heals over time.Veganleader10 Jan 3
Jan 3 Zeratul's wormhole weird interaction with Chromie's E Hi, right now Zeratul wormhole works really strangely with Chromie's timetrap. If zera blinks and gets caught in timetrap, after the timetrap duration if he presses E immediately Zera still wormhole back but if he takes a few more steps walking (with wormhole duration still going on) he can no longer teleport back (even though if you keep pressing E, there is still some visual cue - black smoke around him showing that Zera just blinks but doesn't really teleport). Can be easily recreated in Try mode with Chromie bot. It seems that Timetrap cuts the wormhole duration short.REAMS0 Jan 3
Jan 3 Malfurion Lunar Shower lvl 20 Malfurion's Lunar Shower change to a lvl 20 Talent also seems to have removed the UI add-on, and it does not feel like its increasing the cool down of Moonfire by 60% when you hit heroes 3x and keep it up. Feels like its only at 20% because the cool down on Moonfire is only 2sec.WebDeath0 Jan 3
Jan 2 Game breaking Blaze Bunker bug! (X-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/7npj6a/game_breaking_blaze_bug_entering_bunker_as_it/) So after a 3000s queue, this (https://i.imgur.com/r982q98.mp4) happened to me on the PTR! You can see I try to enter the bunker just as it dies. When I emerge, my ability icons and hero portrait are invisible. I can't move, recall, attack, or use abilities. I can't even pick a talent even when I'm prompted to do so! I tried pressing H, letting the enemy team kill me (shoutout to streamer Tazzdingo, who was on the enemy team, for being a good sport), and restarting the game. While I was dc'd, my character was taken over by an AI who was able to move and use abilities. But it was an AI, so they overextended and died a bunch of times. Our D.va mentioned being stuck earlier in the game, but they were able to play normally after. I'm not sure if they meant they were affected by a similar bug. Either way, don't re-enter bunkers when they're low on health and about to die/expire!Jazzarm1 Jan 2
Dec 30 Hanzo and Force Move Force Move is not registered while Hanzo is channeling Q, whereas movement works just find if it's bound to the default (Smart Commands).Ceddya2 Dec 30
Dec 28 Play 2 games as starcraft hero no credit The quest "Play 2 games as a starcraft hero" never completes for some reason. The quest have been bugged for almost a month nowThemisser0 Dec 28
Dec 21 stimpack bug? So i got hots and got like a 6 days stimpack or something like that for starting the gmae for the first time and still have it the days are not going down. is it a bug or wtf is going on, im not complaining tho ^^Orkenkawaii1 Dec 21
Dec 20 You can't use minimap during Ana's Eye of Horus Hey. I dunno if it's a bug, or not, but I guess I'll say it. When using Ana's Eye of Horus you can't interact with the minimap. If I click there, hero just goes to the spot that is behind the map. I'd like to be able to use minimap to change camera quickly, since it's a global ult.Sakudoshi9 Dec 20
Dec 17 Egg shell Egg shell shielding isnt working atm...Smuuglie0 Dec 17
Dec 17 Murky Egg Hunt is bugged Minions and mercenaries no longer aggro against Murky's fake eggs (or his real egg). This heavily impacts the effect of Egg Hunt in the game and doesn't seem like an intentional change.vexorian1 Dec 17
Dec 15 Placement Matches I already finished all placement matches. Why I need do it again?kirito0 Dec 15
Dec 15 Abilities being activated without my pressing them I was playing Diablo on the PTR in HL and found at random points throughout the match it was randomly activating my Fire Stomp ability. I've sent a replay via the bug attachment guidelines, and I've also got a recording of the match with an overlay of my keyboard to show my key inputs, but it's going to take a while to upload to youtube. I haven't quite figured out how to reproduce, but to temporarily "fix" it happening, open any UI element. In the attached replay, it happens throughout, but one notable moment is at the 5 minute mark in midlane - I'm just standing there pressing nothing, and it's continually casting Fire Stomp. Throughout the match I type messages just to temporarily resolve the issue and try and figure out what steps are causing it, but I can't nail anything down with certainty.Spazzo10 Dec 15
Dec 13 stukov's massive shove doesnt stop it doesn't stop if you do it against a enemy facing your team's fort gate the arm just extends till the person dies because they are stuck in the gateGankster1 Dec 13
Dec 12 Attack clicking through Minimap no longer works A-clicking (attack + left click) through Minimap no longer issues any commands, only right clicking does. This occurs with "Smart Commands Through Minimap" both enabled and disabled. This is an essential tool, especially coming from an RTS background– that's naturally how I issue commands. Playing on Mac OS. Thanks!badamadab1 Dec 12
Dec 12 Hanzo's Shieldbreaker Arrows - bugged damage To reproduce this bug, follow these steps in a game: Step 1: Play Hanzo Step 2: Select the Level 1 talent, Target Practice Step 3: Complete both quest items related to Target Practice Step 4: Select the Level 7 talent, Shieldbreaker Arrows Step 5: Fire Storm Bow at an enemy Hero who does not have shields This bugged damage is in addition to the damage increase from Target Practice. The unintended damage seems to be based on Shieldbreaker Arrows' bonus value. The extra damage is always 250, regardless of Hanzo's current Level. The bugged damage does not occur if Target Practice is not complete, or if Shieldbreaker Arrows are not selected.Straften3 Dec 12
Dec 11 Health Globe Particles The particle effect that flys to heroes when a globe is picked up is always green. I assume this is supposed to match the health globe's color, like it did before. I know it's minor, but it is actually pretty confusing. It causes me to do a double-take on who got the health globe whenever it is picked up.Shade3 Dec 11
Dec 11 Nova snipe cast upon release UI bug [EDIT: It's not only Nova. had the same issue with Anub] Nova snipe charging glitch with cast upon release so if you hold Q (snipe) and move your cursor far the visible range of the snipe increases in range. it does not increase the actual range of snipe but just the UI arrow gets long. also ive noticed that it misses, but barely when i try to hit someone so maybe the ui needs to be thinner.Swaggerlisk3 Dec 11