Australian Servers for Heroes of the Storm + FAQ

Aus/NZ General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Blizzard Entertainment is pleased to announce Australian game server deployment for Heroes of the Storm. This should result in a smoother gameplay experience for players in Australia and New Zealand. In line with this we have invited a significant number of players from the region to the Technical Alpha. For those who are interested in participating in Heroes of the Storm during its development, please register by going to http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/ and click through the ‘Beta Sign-Up’ link for an opportunity to be flagged in the future.

Enjoy!

FAQ

Q: What benefits will local servers have for Heroes of the Storm players in Australia and New Zealand?

A: By hosting Heroes of the Storm game servers in Australia, players located in Australia and New Zealand should benefit from improved gameplay responsiveness and a better gameplay experience.

Q: Will I still be able to play with my friends who are on servers in the Americas?

A: Yes. Because the Australian Heroes of the Storm game servers will communicate with the servers in the Americas, you will be able to seamlessly play with friends who are there. Your friends list is powered by Battle.net, not the local game servers, so you’ll still be able to easily group up and chat with friends in the Americas.

Q: Will I need to level up from scratch, pay any fees, or register to transfer?

A: No. Because the local Heroes of the Storm game servers will be linked with the existing Americas region, all characters, gold earned, and progress will be unaffected. The introduction of Australian servers will be completely invisible to local players (no separate Australian server dropdown menu will be displayed), with the immediate benefit of providing a smoother, more responsive gameplay experience.

Q: Where are the servers physically located?

A: The local Heroes of the Storm game servers will be hosted within a data centre in Sydney, Australia.

Q: When will local servers be available?

A: Local Heroes of the Storm game servers are available now!

Q: Does this mean other Blizzard games will also be getting local servers?

A: Blizzard Entertainment is committed to providing our players around the world with the best possible experiences. We will continue to explore optimal server solutions for all of our franchises in each region.
I..... FRIGGING......LOVE......YOU....BLIZZARD,

Seriously, have my babies.
Blizzzzzaaard, send me the game plox
ty for the love
much feed back inc
Sweeeeeet
Yes it was perfectly smooth for me last night, impressive!
Thank you for all your hard work Arcagnion, it's great being matched up with ANZers, got lots of games full of ANZ people last night!
And you expect me to work today?
Thanks so much!! I think this is the news that will sway some of my very anti-MOBA friends to give it a go.. And once they get in they'll be hooked! Great news <3
Yessssss soooo keen to play tonight \o/
This is awesome news!
*sniff* This is beautiful....
07/01/2014 04:09 PMPosted by rezyn8
PJ delivers once again! Thank you for being a staunch advocate for everyone in the region!!!

Wooo wooo!!

Great job Blizzard and Blizzard ANZ!
Just discovered there is a Malaysian server as well...

great job...

Blizzard Entertainment is committed to providing our players around the world with the best possible experiences. We will continue to explore optimal server solutions for all of our franchises in each region.

now can we have a Malaysia server for D3 as well?
This is brilliant!
Is it working correctly? I was on an hour or so ago and my ping was still sitting at 170ms (using the task manager way to view ping) while playing a game, do WE have to do anything to be put into these servers?

Also, is there a way to check ping ingame?
Servers aren't up, either that or it throws you on US servers due to matchmaking.

Either way, I'd rather longer queues than playing on US servers TYVM
ABOUT... FKN... TIME Blizz. gw