A Year in the Nexus

General Feedback
Just wanted to give you a shoutout on the positive post. It's easy to feed negativity on here, but people do enjoy the game and I am sure the developers love to hear it.

I know I met the animator on E.T.C (didn't know it at the time). She asked who my favorite hero was and when I mentioned E.T.C she lit up with a huge smile and told me she animated him.

Seriously, this kind of post goes a long way for a developer especially in the final months of development.
05/15/2015 08:26 PMPosted by Bobby
If they don't do a better job of conveying lore I think many players will be clueless and will find little value in what is provided.

If people wanted lore, they should be playing the games that the characters originated from. It's like expecting Smash Bros, Marvel vs Capcom or any crossover game to provide each individual character's lore. That's ridiculous. It also seems that you don't understand the concept of a crossover.
They would be smart to. I couldn't care less for Smash Bros, Marvel vs Capcom and all the other childish stuff that gets elevated to a level many of us just don't give a damn for. You can either be pretentious or you can be open and involve more people. Ultimately it comes back to you. I also couldn't care less for concepts that people like you have conceived. You can always change them.
Like MM, I'm also a year in, and I have to say that HotS has been one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences, and I couldn't agree more that the social aspect is what keeps bringing me back - including, of course, MM.

I chuckled when you mentioned getting pitted 5v5 in Alpha against friends, because I remember more than a handful of games where I was either partied with or against you, and yeah, those were some GAMES.

"Oh,crap."
"What is it?"
"Sonic, Cog, and MissMarvel on Illidan."
"Oh man. This is going to be fun."
This is gonna be long.

This is the first MOBA-styled game I've played, and I feel like it's ruined all MOBAs for me, by spoiling me with fun mechanics, a friendly atmosphere, cute lore mentions, and short matches.

Thank you, Blizzard team, for letting me have this experience. I'm sticking around for a long time. :)

P.S. You keep putting Marvel skins on the heroes I don't play. Are you doing this to mess with me?

I loved the whole post. This is the sixth MOBA I've played (LoL, DOTA 2, Dawngate, Strife, and Smite) and I couldn't agree more. HotS has spoiled me and I can't go back to other arena games. This is the first arena game whe I feel like I am playing a game, every minute is fun.

I'm curious, who would you like to get a Miss Marvel skin? (Besides Illidan of course)
Great post!

I've only played a few months yet, but I did play DotA (the original mod) a fair bit so I didn't enter it completely new to the genre... just severly outdated. Anyway, I'm having bundles of fun, I like pretty much everything except maybe some things surrounding the game (certain pricing strategies, like for mounts), but overall I couldn't be more pleased with the actual gameplay.

Like a few others mentioned it's the details that make the game for me, like the whole audioscape in it, especially the banter, but also the creative use of physics and the general feel to controlling the characters.

I'm definitely sticking around. :) Currently i'm just counting the days to the unknown release date of Johanna... I've wanted a female tanky character since I started & Sonya just isn't there.
Although I haven't quite gone as crazy with HotS as you had (i barely hit 40 in second-to-last phase of alpha, darn i really wanted that lanyard too) I have a similar experience, minus the friendships. It's been a blast the past year or so I've been playing and this is the first MOBA I can play for hours upon hours and not burn out on.

I feel like I've been wanting a hero like Abathur in a MOBA game for ages and it was almost like love at first sight. The sheer creativity and absolute freedom they have with hero design, the fluidity of matches and the low-stress, high-action pace makes the same feel like so much less of an investment each game and I actually hope I find people to play with in Team League by release because I legitimately enjoy the game on a level I don't with other MOBAs.

Also, Illidan is my second (well, now third) favorite hero. You have my respect for sticking to him even when he was a complete goober hero for a good while.
Thanks so much for the support and positive comments!
05/16/2015 01:15 PMPosted by Gulthor
Like MM, I'm also a year in, and I have to say that HotS has been one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences, and I couldn't agree more that the social aspect is what keeps bringing me back - including, of course, MM.

I chuckled when you mentioned getting pitted 5v5 in Alpha against friends, because I remember more than a handful of games where I was either partied with or against you, and yeah, those were some GAMES.

"Oh,crap."
"What is it?"
"Sonic, Cog, and MissMarvel on Illidan."
"Oh man. This is going to be fun."

It totally just makes my day when you say this stuff. We had so much fun in alpha.

I loved the whole post. This is the sixth MOBA I've played (LoL, DOTA 2, Dawngate, Strife, and Smite) and I couldn't agree more. HotS has spoiled me and I can't go back to other arena games. This is the first arena game whe I feel like I am playing a game, every minute is fun.

I'm curious, who would you like to get a Miss Marvel skin? (Besides Illidan of course)

Precisely! You can have fun, even when you're losing. /dance at your core as they root and burst you to death, anyway.

For Marvel skins, I'd love to see Deadpool. Him and Cap are my favorites, and Cap is referenced in at least 2 different skins. Obviously, I'm a huge Ms Marvel fan, too. I just can't think of anyone who could fit her style. We can wait for more heroes to come out.

Nova could have a Vision skin! I like Deadpool for Illidan because they both dual-wield and don't show their eyes. There are both Tyrande and Sylvanas who could have a Hawkeye (Kate Bishop Hawkeye, "not the Hawkguy") skin. I think it would suit Tyrande better, because she's already purple, hahaha.

I would never use another skin on her again.
05/16/2015 12:04 PMPosted by Bobby
They would be smart to. I couldn't care less for Smash Bros, Marvel vs Capcom and all the other childish stuff that gets elevated to a level many of us just don't give a damn for. You can either be pretentious or you can be open and involve more people. Ultimately it comes back to you. I also couldn't care less for concepts that people like you have conceived. You can always change them.

"It's childish and not evidence if it doesn't support my statements". Yea, confirmed to be a moron.
05/16/2015 02:06 PMPosted by Snowflake
Great post!

I've only played a few months yet, but I did play DotA (the original mod) a fair bit so I didn't enter it completely new to the genre... just severly outdated. Anyway, I'm having bundles of fun, I like pretty much everything except maybe some things surrounding the game (certain pricing strategies, like for mounts), but overall I couldn't be more pleased with the actual gameplay.

Like a few others mentioned it's the details that make the game for me, like the whole audioscape in it, especially the banter, but also the creative use of physics and the general feel to controlling the characters.

I'm definitely sticking around. :) Currently i'm just counting the days to the unknown release date of Johanna... I've wanted a female tanky character since I started & Sonya just isn't there.

YES! Right!? Johanna looks incredible. Sonya doesn't cut it for a "tank", and Jo looks so fun. I was more excited for her than Kael'thas, and I'm a Kael'thas fan.

I seriously can't wait for her. She looks amazing.

Glad to hear you're in it for the long run. :D
05/15/2015 10:46 PMPosted by LoveMonkey
Just wanted to give you a shoutout on the positive post. It's easy to feed negativity on here, but people do enjoy the game and I am sure the developers love to hear it.

I know I met the animator on E.T.C (didn't know it at the time). She asked who my favorite hero was and when I mentioned E.T.C she lit up with a huge smile and told me she animated him.

Seriously, this kind of post goes a long way for a developer especially in the final months of development.

You couldn't be more correct with this post.

Working on a game like Heroes, where we're on a mission to keep things fresh and interesting, while also trying to consistently deliver timely and polished content, knowing that we are having a positive impact on the lives of our players means more than you could know! So glad to hear you are enjoying your time in the nexus.

As for the post I've quoted -- we meet again, LoveMonkey! ;)

--Lana B