Would you queue longer for a better match experience?

General Discussion
Personally, I would wait 5-7 minutes for a better matchmaking experience if it involved:

1. Finding people close to my general region
2. Picking a more stable server
3. Having balanced team compositions

Would you? How long?
I would settle for what we have now as long as people were more evenly matched. A pre-made should be going up against another pre-made. Level 40s should be going up against level 40s. People with a 20% W/R should be going against other people with around the same W/R. People who mute all chat should be playing with people who do the same, etc. The average time right now in QM is about 40-50 seconds, I would think that with more and more players joining everyday that time would eventually decrease to 20-30 seconds in less than six months. I personally would not mind waiting 3-4 minutes for a decent game, which should be do-able even with the current amount of people playing.
05/22/2015 06:33 PMPosted by GiveMeCake
I would settle for what we have now as long as people were more evenly matched. A pre-made should be going up against another pre-made. Level 40s should be going up against level 40s. People with a 20% W/R should be going against other people with around the same W/R. People who mute all chat should be playing with people who do the same, etc. The average time right now in QM is about 40-50 seconds, I would think that with more and more players joining everyday that time would eventually decrease to 20-30 seconds in less than six months. I personally would not mind waiting 3-4 minutes for a decent game, which should be do-able even with the current amount of people playing.

You brought up a good point. So when more people get on HOTS, does that mean the quality of the matches will improve?

More chances for closer people
Faster queues
Closer levels & ranks
More balanced team compositions
Therefore closer servers?
I already wait 6 minutes every game for the last 5 months. What's a minute or two more?
The game is currently set up to use a wide range of MMR to get games fast, so more players won't just fix it. Blizzard has to change some values to fix it. They said they would do it so my guess would be at start of season 1 we see tweaks.
What I would like is to be able to see my mmr. And personally I think mmr should reset every so often. Say when they officially release after the initial crash that always happens, every new season should reset MMR so players who have improved but are crippled by low mmr can move higher up. The current system basically punishes you for being bad when you first start playing the game. I know some high level players would probably be opposed to this idea, but i dont think being the best at this game should be the only way for you to enjoy playing it.
Well for QM the MMR only matters for game quality so resetting it makes no sense. Hero league will have seasons so I imagine it will reset.
05/22/2015 06:59 PMPosted by Ender
Well for QM the MMR only matters for game quality so resetting it makes no sense.

Speechless...
I would be happy to wait longer. My limit would probably be about 10 minutes, but that's a pretty damn long time to be waiting for a game.
05/22/2015 06:49 PMPosted by Ender
The game is currently set up to use a wide range of MMR to get games fast, so more players won't just fix it. Blizzard has to change some values to fix it. They said they would do it so my guess would be at start of season 1 we see tweaks.
I personally don't mind longer queue time to play within my region.
My queue times are about 15 seconds. I'd be willing to wait for people who actually know how to play.
I would be OK waiting 20 min if it meant i never got grouped with rank more than 10 away from my rank in HL.

95%+ of games during weekend are decided by which team get the most stupid player. Who overextends or dont come to team fight.
That person is also Always to stupid to learn from their mistake since they don't even realise they are bad.

The skill lvl between players are huge, yet blizz force everyone to play with eachother.
I'd DEFINITELY wait a little longer to not play with anyone using mute-all.