Prefered Region Select coming next week

Aus/NZ General Discussion
From the patch notes: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19818499/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-august-10-2015-8-10-2015

Players may now select which game server they’d like to play on by selecting it from the Preferred Game Server dropdown on the Language and Region options menu.

This setting will default to Best Match, but players may wish to change this if they notice connection issues when playing on a specific server.

Please note: As we continue to improve and expand our game sites, Best Match will provide the best play experience for most players. If you are not experiencing issues, it is highly recommend that you leave this set to Best Match.

If players in a party have conflicting server preferences, the server that is most commonly selected among the party’s members will be used.

FINALLY
Great change. Also accommodates those who want to play on US/SG.
So, this changed nothing at all!
I've selected as prefered server SA1, and the game are still putting me on ORD1 or US8! SO, even after set the prefered server I MUST edit the sites file, mark It as ready only and restart the game after every match to ensure we are only searching at SA1 server! this is very annoying! Can you fix this and make sure if we chose a prefered server all the matches will be found on the selected server!
SA1 is Brazil
Have Aus selected as preferred server, get put unto US8 two games in a row after a 10second queue.. awesome fix.
08/21/2015 05:22 AMPosted by Ward
Have Aus selected as preferred server, get put unto US8 two games in a row after a 10second queue.. awesome fix.
08/21/2015 05:22 AMPosted by Ward
This was a !@#$ fix, can we please get an option to FORCE Australian server? I'd rather wait 20 mins for a game and play on 30 ping than have a 4 minute queue with 200 ping, it ruins the game.
Confirmed, this works half the time, if that.
So, I haven't been placed on anything but Australian servers for several weeks now and then tonight, two ORD1 Hero League games in a row.

That's seriously not cool. It's not even west coast but the middle of the bloody US, it's like 300ms in a ranked match. What's up, Blizzard? Why is this so broken?
Any feedback on this Narull? It seems like we're still being forced into using a "best match" style system even with everyone set to AUS1 preferred. I understand that the wording is preferred, but if it's still going to throw us onto international servers after such a short queue time then I can't really see the point of having the 2 separate options. I could understand if you'd sat there for 5 minutes waiting for a game maybe, but in both instances for myself it was literally a 10 second wait.
08/24/2015 03:57 PMPosted by Ward
Any feedback on this Narull? It seems like we're still being forced into using a "best match" style system even with everyone set to AUS1 preferred. I understand that the wording is preferred, but if it's still going to throw us onto international servers after such a short queue time then I can't really see the point of having the 2 separate options. I could understand if you'd sat there for 5 minutes waiting for a game maybe, but in both instances for myself it was literally a 10 second wait.

There are many other factors that come into play with the selection apart from just what you prefer.

From what I've gathered the main factor is if you're in a party or not as the system already knows if another party has waited for a long amount of time.

As an example say a US group is waiting and it's gone above the 6min queue for them, the system then will search outside their region for queues at that same moment you queue up and it by chance grabs you hence you get on the US servers. (this is just an example!)

Blizzard have confirmed it is possible for it to happen but it should be very rare, going off reports both ingame and on the forums that is true, I've only seen a handful of people it happened too, in your case getting it twice in a row was bad luck I agree but more often than not you should see the AU1 server.

Hero League will be the worst because of the lower amount of people playing it and party size is a major factor for it.

Others posting here from US were being affected by a different issue last week as Blizzard had brought down some of the US server locations temporarily due to issues so things got iffy for them, not sure how they stumbled across my post here in the ANZ forums though.

Just to quote Blizzard about this: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/18724763067

• This setting will default to Best Match, but players may wish to change this if they notice connection issues when playing on a specific server.
    • Please note: As we continue to improve and expand our game sites, Best Match will provide the best play experience for most players. If you are not experiencing issues, it is highly recommend that you leave this set to Best Match.
  • If players in a party have conflicting server preferences, the server that is most commonly selected among the party’s members will be used.
  • It is still possible for players to get matched onto games in servers they did not select. This will be rare, but can still happen.
    • If players in a party have different preferred game servers selected, it will try to match to the most preferred site.
    • Solo queuing players are almost guaranteed their game server of choice, but there is still a small possibility they can be matched somewhere else.

Bummer, I was kind of hoping it'd only force me into those kind of situations when I'd been in the queue myself for 5 minutes, that way I could just queue and requeue to avoid a game that's hardly worth playing a lot of the time.
08/24/2015 05:40 AMPosted by Kasern
So, I haven't been placed on anything but Australian servers for several weeks now and then tonight, two ORD1 Hero League games in a row.

That's seriously not cool. It's not even west coast but the middle of the bloody US, it's like 300ms in a ranked match. What's up, Blizzard? Why is this so broken?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We're looking for as much information as possible on this; for anyone who's being put on to non-AU servers:

1. Were you playing with people in NA, or were you solo queuing?
2. Do you have AU set as your preferred location?
3. Include any other info you feel is relevant.
08/30/2015 04:46 PMPosted by Takralus

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We're looking for as much information as possible on this; for anyone who's being put on to non-AU servers:

I played 2 games in a row on US8 and ORD1 servers last week.
1. I was playing with two others, and us three are all located in NZ.
2. Three of us all set AU1 as preferred location.
3. Probably AU server is down during that period?
08/30/2015 06:35 PMPosted by Skybaby

I played 2 games in a row on US8 and ORD1 servers last week.
1. I was playing with two others, and us three are all located in NZ.
2. Three of us all set AU1 as preferred location.
3. Probably AU server is down during that period?

Thanks! Still looking for more input, either here or tweet us @Blizzard_ANZ

1.All Australian players, ranging from 1-4 team mates.
2. All set to AU
3. It seems the more players you have, the higher the chance you have of being on a US server. Even at AU peak times with a 5 stack, queues are popping instantly for ORD1 or US8. I played tonight and my team was placed in an ORD1 server 10 seconds after everyone hitting ready. ORD1 is a minimum of 300 ping for most people on the Australian east coast which then generally spikes to 500 during a team fight. If you play a skill shot hero you basically need to tailor your build to combat lag more than the other team.
Personally (Seeing as most/all comments are about being placed on a US/ORD server), I haven't been put on a US server at all since the patch. Pre-patch I probably played about 4 total games on US when with a full group of Australians.