Infernal Shrines and Battleground Rotation: Aug 26

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Update: September 2, 2015

The Battleground pool has been restored, and all nine Battlegrounds are now available for play in matchmaking queues.

----------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

We’re planning to make our newest Battleground, Infernal Shrines, available for play in all game modes starting on Wednesday, August 26. At that time, we’re also going to temporarily reduce the size of our normal Battleground pool for one week in order to increase the chances that you’ll be able to play on Infernal Shrines when you queue for matchmaking. The six Battlegrounds we’ve selected for this rotation are listed below.

Battleground Rotation: August 26 – September 2
  • Infernal Shrines
  • Battlefield of Eternity
  • Cursed Hollow
  • Dragon Shire
  • Sky Temple
  • Tomb of the Spider Queen

While Blackheart’s Bay, Haunted Mines, and Garden of Terror will not be available in matchmaking game modes during this time, you can still play on them using Custom Games. We’ll let you know once Infernal Shrines and the temporary Battleground Rotation have been enabled.

Thank you!
Highly Rated
Just a friendly suggestion for the next time a new map is rolled out:

You should be easily able to increase the frequency of the new map appearing without removing other maps entirely.

This could be accomplished by weighting the new map, or even creating multiple copies of it to include in the map selection (behind the scenes, of course).

When BoE was released, I couldn't count how many people were either confused about why certain maps never showed up, or frustrated that the smaller map pool was reducing the variety we appreciate.
I'm with you.
Noooooo! Please take out Tomb as well!
08/25/2015 03:38 PMPosted by Canjin
Noooooo! Please take out Tomb as well

listen to this guy, tomb is the worst map by far, too much snowball and boring.
I agree with Absolution.
Why not just allow veto's like you do with SC2?
Mmm... Not happy about this. They're taking out all the bold and unique maps.

Sure, I'm not a big fan of Haunted Mines and Garden of Terror because they require so much more experience and team coordination than any other map and playing is just awful when the entire team isn't on the same page...

But I will never understand the hate for Black<3's Bae. I think it's the most fun map out there just because it's so different from others.

I'm also confused why those 3 maps are never seen in tournaments. Are pros terrified of spooooooky Blackheart ghost?
Why keep the same 4 maps that was in rotation last time? Haunted Mines, Blackheart's Bay, and Garden of Terror were removed (plus Dragon Shire) when Battlefield came out, why not removed Cursed Hallow, Tomb of the Spider Queen, and Sky Temple since we had a week of constant play of those maps?
Just boost Diablo already, or nerf Leoric to ashes.
Seriously, why was all the feedback regarding pulling maps the last time ignored? Increase the frequency of the new map. Don't remove maps.

While I hate Haunted Mines, Blackheart's Bay and Garden of Terror are my two favorites.

Unless there is a technical reason, pulling a map just to emphasize a new one should never happen. Don't limit our maps just because you want the new one to get more exposure.
Well at least cursed hollow is there :D
Removing content, even temporarily in competitive modes, is still just as bad of an idea as it was the first time around.

9 maps. Give each of the initial 8 maps a 9/100 chance, with the new map popping at 28%. Heck, you could run a highest to lowest appearance sequence for them.

There are multiple ways you could have handled this better. Certainly, anything would be better than just locking out content from the rng setup.
Something to bear in mind guys-
08/25/2015 03:26 PMPosted by Spyrian
As Dustin mentioned, Infernal Shrines is coming tomorrow, along with a week long Battleground Rotation for matchmaking modes. [url="http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/18695102503"]More info in this post[/url].

The rotation is only going to last a week. It's not a permanent or long-term situation.
08/25/2015 04:19 PMPosted by Drakkenfyre
Seriously, why was all the feedback regarding pulling maps the last time ignored? Increase the frequency of the new map. Don't remove maps.

While I hate Haunted Mines, Blackheart's Bay and Garden of Terror are my two favorites.

Unless there is a technical reason, pulling a map just to emphasize a new one should never happen. Don't limit our maps just because you want the new one to get more exposure.

Fantastic question. I know it got tons of feedback last time around. This is bad communication. They could at least tell us their reasoning if they're not going to take the suggestions. How hard is that?
Eh, I like the occasional focused approach of removing some of the maps for a short period.

You've got to consider the impact having 9 possible maps has on players trying to learn the game.

Consider the worlds two other largest MOBA's only have ONE map on offer ALL the time and that doesn't seem to slow them down.
08/25/2015 05:04 PMPosted by Appleshampoo
08/25/2015 04:19 PMPosted by Drakkenfyre

Fantastic question. I know it got tons of feedback last time around. This is bad communication. They could at least tell us their reasoning if they're not going to take the suggestions. How hard is that?

No one liked having the maps removed last time. No one at all. There were quite a few angry posts and tons of irritated posts last time.

Doing it again is just giving your playerbase the middle finger. Just go ahead and straight out tell us that you dont care at all about our feedback. Or that you dont mind making everyone mad for the sake of... nothing?

Seriously, what is to be gained by removing the maps? Im sure alot of players are going to take another week long break at least just like last time.

Good chance it will last longer then a week this time.
Lovely, my 2nd best map wont be on the rotation and my 3 worst maps will be...
Last time you did this I played the new map - Battlefield of Eternity - a total of 5 times over that period despite logging in and playing at least enough matches to do my daily quests each day. Nice to know you're listening to player feedback, Blizzard. Guess it's too hard for high school CS students to weight a 9 map rotation.
Spyrian, please do us the favor and pass the word along.

The playerbase found out real quick that they arent playing HotS for the superb MM, the amazing accurate rank, or the wonderful shared exp system.

They are playing for the variety. The different maps. The different objectives. Keeping things fresh.

Take that away and you take away the reason for alot of people to keep playing once the dailies are done.