Heroes of the Storm Hotfix Patch Notes – Aug 26, 2015

General Discussion
We’ve just released a hotfix update in order to add our newest Battleground, Infernal Shrines, to Heroes of the Storm, as well as resolve a few bugs that were discovered after our most recent patch was released. Please find complete patch notes below.

Battlegrounds
Infernal Shrines
  • Infernal Shrines has been added and is now available for play in all game modes.

Battleground Rotation: August 26 – September 2
  • For one week following today’s update, the number of Battlegrounds available in matchmaking game modes will be temporarily reduced to six, so that players will have more opportunity to play on Infernal Shrines. The following Battlegrounds will be available for play in matchmaking during this time:
    • Infernal Shrines
    • Battlefield of Eternity
    • Cursed Hollow
    • Dragon Shire
    • Sky Temple
    • Tomb of the Spider Queen
  • Blackheart’s Bay, Haunted Mines, and Garden of Terror will not be available in matchmaking game modes during this time, but can still be accessed using Custom Games.
  • On Wednesday, September 2, all nine Battlegrounds will become playable in matchmaking game modes once more.

Bug Fixes
General
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when switching graphic settings in Try Mode.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when rejoining a game.

Battlegrounds
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on Battlefield of Eternity during the fight sequence between the Immortals.

Heroes and Talents
  • Fixed an issue that could allow the player a limited amount of control over The Butcher’s movement while using Ruthless Onslaught.
Still very disappointing in the removal of maps as a mechanism to boost the new map. Upping the % it hits for is still a far better solution.
Was hoping for a general fix for us having stuttering/screen freezes with buzzing sound with Windows 10 and/or high-end graphics cards (especially after the Monk patch). Anything in the works on that front?
08/26/2015 12:09 PMPosted by Gigglefish
Still very disappointing in the removal of maps as a mechanism to boost the new map. Upping the % it hits for is still a far better solution.

This. Wouldn't be that hard, either. I'm sure they use some sort of Random Number Generator that chooses from 1-9.

You could just as easily have it be 1-90 and change the weighting.
Anyone else not able to join a match now?
08/26/2015 12:26 PMPosted by kusa
Was hoping for a general fix for us having stuttering/screen freezes with buzzing sound with Windows 10 and/or high-end graphics cards (especially after the Monk patch). Anything in the works on that front?

They have ignored this problem for over a month now. Game is completely broken for lots of players, yet no proper response on the forums.

Blizzard, get your sh*t together and fix your game!
Please do the same on the European servers :-)
08/26/2015 12:42 PMPosted by Peruka
08/26/2015 12:26 PMPosted by kusa

They have ignored this problem for over a month now. Game is completely broken for lots of players, yet no proper response on the forums.

Blizzard, get your sh*t together and fix your game!

Why did someone downvote this guy? It's true. Go to the technical support forum and look how many people have been complaining about this for a LONG time now. Blizzard hasn't been able to fix it, and they've been very tight lipped about it. Why?

It's a major problem, and I don't even log in to play anymore because of it. I just come to the forums to see if it's been addressed yet, and each of patch does NOTHING to fix it. In fact, each patch makes more and more people unable to play the game.

Again, this is not speculation. See for yourself on the Technical Support forums.
I'm really happy that they don't have the bad maps in the rotation, like, not one of them. New map could be neat.
Odd, been using windows 10 since release and have a high end gpu. Play with all setting max and it runs flawlessly!
08/26/2015 02:27 PMPosted by Wootels
Odd, been using windows 10 since release and have a high end gpu. Play with all setting max and it runs flawlessly!

Don't jinx yourself! I have a high end GPU (Radeon R290x) and Windows 10 and was playing flawlessly on Windows 10. Then Monk patch... now I get 4-10 FPS in game. Nothing fixes it. BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!
08/26/2015 12:05 PMPosted by Spyrian
We’ve just released a hotfix update in order to add our newest Battleground, Infernal Shrines, to Heroes of the Storm, as well as resolve a few bugs that were discovered after our most recent patch was released. Please find complete patch notes below.

Battlegrounds
Infernal Shrines
  • Infernal Shrines has been added and is now available for play in all game modes.

Battleground Rotation: August 26 – September 2
  • For one week following today’s update, the number of Battlegrounds available in matchmaking game modes will be temporarily reduced to six, so that players will have more opportunity to play on Infernal Shrines. The following Battlegrounds will be available for play in matchmaking during this time:
    • Infernal Shrines
    • Battlefield of Eternity
    • Cursed Hollow
    • Dragon Shire
    • Sky Temple
    • Tomb of the Spider Queen
  • Blackheart’s Bay, Haunted Mines, and Garden of Terror will not be available in matchmaking game modes during this time, but can still be accessed using Custom Games.
  • On Wednesday, September 2, all nine Battlegrounds will become playable in matchmaking game modes once more.

Bug Fixes
General
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when switching graphic settings in Try Mode.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when rejoining a game.

Battlegrounds
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on Battlefield of Eternity during the fight sequence between the Immortals.

Heroes and Talents
  • Fixed an issue that could allow the player a limited amount of control over The Butcher’s movement while using Ruthless Onslaught.

The fact you have this much focus on maps at this point is a big problem. There are too many already and not enough champions. You need to work on matchmaking and producing new champions. Period. SKins/mounts/bleh bleh bleh aren't going to be good in the long run if that's all your going to try to make money on. Short term money isn't worth all this effort.
Love seeing new maps. Also like the choice to go to 6, and you removed my two least favorites. I'd be fine with just keeping it as these 6.
I don't know if it is me, but when using Diablo, theres a little bug passed the level 10. His life is not shown like every tank warrior in the game. Also don't know if that weaken him in any way
08/26/2015 03:07 PMPosted by Tyranosaurus

The fact you have this much focus on maps at this point is a big problem. There are too many already and not enough champions. You need to work on matchmaking and producing new champions. Period. SKins/mounts/bleh bleh bleh aren't going to be good in the long run if that's all your going to try to make money on. Short term money isn't worth all this effort.

first it's heroes, not champions. this isn't league of legends. also just because your favorite LoL has a ton of characters and a few maps that gets repetitive in less than a month doesn't mean everyone should follow suit. also they are giving a new hero every few weeks, so i don't even understand what you're on about.

there aren't that many skins and mounts either. most heroes just have one other than master and normal skin and it is the way they make money. LoL had a lot more skins per character.

anyway most comments here are just complaining for the sake of it. just because someone thinks he can do things differently doesn't mean they're right.
the only thing that has a semblance of a real problem is the windows 10 incompatibility some were talking about.
How dare u remove maps----
Total disappointment, not only are you removing maps, but your new special "MMR SYSTEM" is not working, how is it i am getting matched with people that haven't even done there 20 ranking games to get ranked?? Plus it supposed to match people with your same rank or at least close to it, i don't think close to it is referred to 10 ranks behind or am i wrong? Plus guess what freeze screen and stuttering are back again only this time is getting worst. Please fix this doesn't matter if its a great game if you ignore peoples comments, cuz freezing and stuttering go way back. Oh by the way since the new MMR system has a different ranking engine how are we supposed to know what rank we are in MMR??
This map is a piece of crap steamroll for the winner of the first shrine, especially for QM. If you just so happen to get grouped with a tanky team in QM, you will win the first shrine which means you win the match. I have never come back from losing the first shrine. It is BS that this level is basically decided in the first two minutes of the game. Seriously do something about this, I guarantee if there is one nova in the game, the team with nova loses this..It means you can never QM nova anymore or you risk losing at shrines--same goes for other clothy heroes. please fix.
Was there a change in exp. earned in this patch? Exp seems lower or something seems like it isnt working right.
The map is very snowbally. Nearly no chance at a comeback after the first two successful captures. This guy is like a Grave Golem in steroids.